PDA

View Full Version : Wide white wall tyres

duckonin
17th September 2007, 19:26
Who uses white wall tyres for their cruisers? how much do you pay for them? and what brand,? I think I am being ripped off, plus are the prices GST inclusive or ex..For those that buy them then have them fitted and balanced, what does that cost you ? Also do you import your own or have them supplied?:oi-grr:

Cheers

notasothers
8th October 2007, 19:54
I just got a new jap import car. Its got new 15" low pro white wall tyres on it. Looks mint. Was curious about getting replacements but nobody ive spoken to has ever seen anything like it in NZ.
Im guessing its the same deal with the motorcycle version. Probably got to get an import.

Busy
8th October 2007, 22:07
I think it was in petrol head magazine, clip on white walls, sorry don't have magazine anymore to get you details but ask around the rod shops, might be able to point you in the right direction, the car ones should fit bikes, or maybe they can do bike ones.
if you want the poor mans white wall

Also, many years ago when I was panelbeating, we did this old yank thing which had white walls, no one could get the size of wheel we needed ... we ended up finding a guy that actually makes white walls out of normal tryes, little machine cuts it into the tyre, again not sure if suitable for bike but might be another option