PDA

View Full Version : 'Red-blooded' biker wins £13,000 for libido loss

Bob
9th October 2004, 00:17
A biker has been awarded £13,000 compensation for loss of libido following an accident. Ian Anderson, 54, accepted the out-of-court settlement after suing the Zebraflex road surfacing company for leaving loose gravel on the A85 near Crieff, Perthshire. Anderson claims he has only made love five times since the accident four years ago.

Anderson claims the award is not enough : "I don't feel this is enough to compensate me. The accident badly affected my sexual life. Up until it happened I was a typical red-blooded male."

Ghost Lemur
9th October 2004, 10:22
So how the hell did coming off his bike affect his libido?

Storm
9th October 2004, 10:30
So we can sue for 39 grand everytime we bin then ?

Bob
9th October 2004, 10:31
So how the hell did coming off his bike affect his libido?

I REALLY don't want to know!

I reckon he isn't as young as he used to be and this was something the brief said "Look, you're not up to it, so lets see if we can blame it on the accident".

It strikes me that as this was an out-of-court settlement, Anderson must have contacted the press (otherwise, how was the fee specified? I've had an out-of-court settlement and it isn't public record). So it seems he is perfectly happy to announce he isn't up to it anymore! :buggerd:

StoneChucker
9th October 2004, 14:23
Since we pay to use the roads, should it be like any other service we pay for? When "we" bin due to diesel/gravel on the road, shouldn't someone be held accountable? If you're out shopping, and slip in a puddle of water in the isle, and land on some broken glass, I'm pretty sure the shop is liable?

Yes, I know it's not like that, and in all reality I don't expect it to be, but as bikers, we pay more for the road than others, and yet we have to pay the costs (more ways than just money) when we crash, from something that shouldn't be there in the first place. Humph!

One can dream can't they :shake:

Deano
9th October 2004, 20:58
Since we pay to use the roads, should it be like any other service we pay for? When "we" bin due to diesel/gravel on the road, shouldn't someone be held accountable? If you're out shopping, and slip in a puddle of water in the isle, and land on some broken glass, I'm pretty sure the shop is liable?
:

Sure if you can prove that someone didn't observe a duty of care or was negligent, but often we need to accept that there will always be 'some' road hazards that are unavoidable, especially when the only thing between you and the road is a thin wedge of rubber.

Speaking of negligence, I have seen sooooo many cars crossing the centre line on Paekeak Hill Road lately it is scary. Seems the idiots that are afraid of Centennial Highway are resorting to the Hill Road, but still driving like idiots.

Bob
9th October 2004, 22:01
Don't know how it works over there, but here, if we report something as dangerous, the relevent local authority has to go out and make it safe within a few hours.

General road problems can be reported by phone or on a really useful little website. I think then they have 2 weeks to rectify the problem. If it hasn't been done and there is an accident after that, the local authority can be held accountable.

Our site is at http://streetfaults.tfl.gov.uk/ - maybe you should suggest something like this to your local politico?