PDA

View Full Version : New Gear From AMPS

2_SL0
9th October 2004, 11:57
Well I would like to sat thanks to Lou at AMPS. I got in early and got all my onroad riding gear sorted, purchased and tucked up at home swt and sound. With the sale I got a good discount so Im a happy camper. Lou was a good help especially with my newbie road questions.
Im the proud owner of a HJC helmet, Dririder jacket, Teknic pants, Teknic gloves, and Oxstar boots. The wife is happy, No more wearing the motocross helmet for short blats up the road.
First thing I did when I got home, (like a excited small child) put all the gear on.
Second thing I did was take the thermal liners out. My god it was like a small sleeping bag on a hot summers day.. I feel an awful lot safer.
I can safely say I will happily return to AMPs.
Just have to persuade the wife that a Aprilla sports bike would enhance the look of the garage.
:whistle:

Motu
9th October 2004, 13:29
Just been to the AMPS sale - a quick walk in and out...oh dear,they certainly attract a certain type of customer don't they,I even knew some of them,but didn't make eye contact - I wanted OUT!!! I had a good look at the KTM 950,and this time I wasn't imtimidated,I reckon I'd like it.I looked up and saw some short haired guy talking into a head set with mic....it was Ray,times certainly have changed.The TT600 with chrome frame was parked outside,I've seen it around before - my pick of the bikes there.

2_SL0
9th October 2004, 15:14
I was there @ 9.00 never really took much notice of who else was in shop. :blink:

MikeL
9th October 2004, 20:43
Just been to the AMPS sale - a quick walk in and out...oh dear,they certainly attract a certain type of customer don't they,I even knew some of them,but didn't make eye contact - I wanted OUT!!!

Hey Motu, I was one of those customers!! There were lots of things I would have bought if I'd remembered to bring along my cheque book. Things with names like Triumph and Buell and Moto Guzzi on them... As it was with just the Visa card all I could afford was a new bike cover to replace the one I bought less than a year ago which has now disintegrated...
But full marks to AMPS for the promotion. The products and the sales people were great - can't do much about the calibre of the customers!!
Got a good look at the Triumph Rocket III - not for me, but I can understand its appeal. I'd rather have a Thruxton, or perhaps the new Speed Triple.
Good to meet Lou and see that he's not bitter and twisted at all...
Pity about the weather, though...

Dodgyiti
10th October 2004, 05:58
I was there @ 9.00 never really took much notice of who else was in shop. :blink:
Good purchase on the 'DriRider' jacket !
I still have the pants, my jacket got nicked from the car, but they are great!
I challange you to get wet whilst riding with it, I never did, even through a cyclone for 8 hours! :headbang:
And AMPS is very Auckland, a boutique if you will, but I have to be well behaved in there as it is the only Ak Guzzi dealer, and they have been good to me.
I guess it's all a bit flash to a Westie is all... ;)

Lou Girardin
10th October 2004, 10:46
Glad you're pleased judderbar, send me a PM I have some info.

You do get used to the clientel, most of them are good people when you get to know them.
The open day was a blast, 8 1/2 hours non-stop, AMPS had never had so many customers in one day. I was running on adrenaline after a semi-sleepless night and collapsed once I got home.