PDA

View Full Version : how much gas does a rg150 use?

tommorth
21st September 2007, 22:54
am looking at geting one wondering what sort of milage they get mm 2stroke

breakaway
22nd September 2007, 01:26
~200km to a tank + 2 stroke oil.

That's if you ride it pretty hard. But then again, it's not like you can go easy on a 2 stroke :p Gotta hit that powerband :D

Edit: My speedo always read 10km too slow, so that figure is probably quite inaccurate.

sAsLEX
22nd September 2007, 01:29
Got about 100 Km out of a tank on one once....... but that was trying to keep up to some bigger bikes and not much off full throttle the whole time

Sidewinder
22nd September 2007, 05:55
am looking at geting one wondering what sort of milage they get mm 2stroke

not much at all. bout $16 per 100km including two stroke oil

2Cycle
22nd September 2007, 13:08
I get at least 250K's per tank (17$) of 91 octane commuting (includes motorway time) and that would propably be about 200ml of two stroke oil ($4). Been ages since I did a whole tank of open road riding, from memory I got about 190k before the fuel light came on.

Be sure you tune your carb to get better economy. I adjusted my main jet needle position and idle jet which made it run smoother and add about 70Ks per tank. Carbs normally end up running too rich as time goes by with use which really hurts your economy and when your at low throttle positions it will sound like its firing only on every second stroke. Be careful not to have the mixture too lean though and always use synthetic oil.

Get an rg. They kick ass.:niceone:

Chickadee
22nd September 2007, 15:02
Yep all of the above sound about right, they're not as economical on the petrol as the likes of a VTR250 but not bad overall.

I usually go to 190 max before a refil of 91

rphenix
22nd September 2007, 16:40
~200km to a tank + 2 stroke oil.

That's if you ride it pretty hard. But then again, it's not like you can go easy on a 2 stroke :p Gotta hit that powerband :D

Edit: My speedo always read 10km too slow, so that figure is probably quite inaccurate.

My Old RG positively used to sound like it was dying if anyone rode it "softly" for any amount of time RG's like nothing but a good thrash!

rphenix
22nd September 2007, 16:43
Watch the RG you buy ask lots of questions as they are favourite for track blasting they might not be "setup" well for a cheap commute. Probably pays to take it in for a good service by someone knowledgeable anyway.

Nothing worse than a poorly tuned RG considering its a kick start u can look quite the dick kicking it over and over to get it going again when it temporarily craps out on the side of the road...

Coyote
22nd September 2007, 16:50
I roughly worked out it cost me $1 of 91 to go 10km.

However they're an awesome learners bike and the money you save getting one over a 4 stroke 250 is far more than the amount extra you have to spend on fuel and oil. But if it's a commuter you're after a 4 stroke is probably the way to go considering RGs engines are closer to the high performance end rather than reliability as I found out (mine seized at around 45000km on the clock, and factoring in the speedo being out [120km indicated = 100km] that number is more like 40000km). I reckon an Suzuki FXR150 is worth considering, or a 250 motard like a Kawasaki D-Tracker or Honda XR250.

WarlockNZ
22nd September 2007, 18:01
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood ???

It all comes down to how you ride my friend ... the harder you open the throttle the more gas you are going to use :)

Chickadee
22nd September 2007, 22:42
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood ???

It all comes down to how you ride my friend ... the harder you open the throttle the more gas you are going to use :)

So true, if your RG sounds like an angry wasp you probably will be going through more gas than pootling round town.

Static
23rd September 2007, 01:31
yea i dunno actual mileage but i get round 220ks out of a tank on my cbr250r and it cost give or take $16 to fill up and my friend with an rg150 gets a fair shot less mileage for about the same amount of gas

WarlockNZ
23rd September 2007, 11:17
pootling ???? .. i blame Gi Joe .. i really really do. lol

tommorth
23rd September 2007, 14:30
thanks 4 the replys was just interested in a round about figure
bike got droped off today 98 rg150 with all of 255kms on the clock just got back from a ride to piha an back it take a bit of effort not to thrash it while i finish running it in manual says 5k limit for first 800km lol it doesnt move till six