PDA

View Full Version : New toy

Sensei
22nd September 2007, 00:07
Well its been nearly 2 months with out my Aprilia so that was long enough without a bike so off to Wellington to get something to have some fun on & come back with a TTR 600 Belgarda & must say its been awhile since owning a Big single but Fuck it is excellent to have one again . Just getting it dialed in with the roadish tyres & new muffler plus a few extra mods to free it up since been stock standard . Nice bit of kit thou . Brembro brakes / Paoli forks / Ohlins rear shock etc rides very smooth . Will post up more once fully sorted

Dazza
28th September 2007, 09:28
How'd your ride go last night, bloody good day for a ride today !

u4ea
28th September 2007, 09:36
sorry I am a bit slow to catch this thread..looks like youll be having some fun times on that new toy for sure!!!:shifty:

Macktheknife
28th September 2007, 09:40
Very nice! lucky bugger, enjoy yourself on the new 'toy'. It looks awesome.

Sensei
28th September 2007, 21:19
Well have got the new bike sorted . 1st was the carb mod 5 x in & out to stops the Vac secondery from sticking when shutting the throttle easy fix from the days when I brought a new 1990 TT600 with the same fault , next was the drestricting the CDI wire again easy as was the Airbox mod . Gearing & then the throttle return cable taken off , set up forks & Ohlins rear shock . Road / gravel tyres on then pulled muffler apart & check the internal set up & modifiy to get power & sound without messing around with the jetting & got it just Mint . Helped by mate Pussy with some trick Yoshy muffler rivets & his sweet rivet gun to put pipe back to totally stock looking again . Gave it a good shake down run last night on a small group ride through some back roads which is where these bikes are pretty much uncatchable till the roads open up & 140+ is when the roadys fly past till the next corner . Are trying to get a 20L tank so the 100k reserve is not holding me from some big back road blasts . Must say from the days of old of riding Big singles this is been some of the best few days of riding been back on a 600 single blasting my old roads like back in the 80s , Fun doesn't even come close to what i am having everyone has to have one in their shed to go along with their road bike to get back to grass roots riding & enjoying kick starting a bike . :clap: