PDA

View Full Version : Rickards. Hounds baying for his blood

Skyryder
22nd September 2007, 13:56
The Rickard's thing is hotting with Key's calling for a payout and giving him the sack. He's facing ten misconduct charges and the police only need one to be upheld to send him on his way.

So what's the take on this? Does he get the shove now with a payout to keep his mouth shut or are the employment issues allowed to run the course with the 'slight possibilty he keeps his job.

Skyryder

dino3310
22nd September 2007, 14:24
with all the money these court cases and proceedings are costing the tax payer i reckon just pay the guy out and end it,:done:would be cheaper in the long run.
i think.

jrandom
22nd September 2007, 14:30
In these circumstances, the thought of paying a senior police officer off and letting him leave quietly, rather than conducting a proper investigation into the alleged misconduct, stinks.

All cost issues aside, I can't imagine how avoiding due process and giving the man a wad of cash could do anything other than severely damage the reputation of the NZ Police as a whole.

Rickards is senior enough that he should be held accountable, regardless of cost or inconvenience. Any other course of action would be absolutely inappropriate.

Skyryder
22nd September 2007, 14:32
with all the money these court cases and proceedings are costing the tax payer i reckon just pay the guy out and end it,:done:would be cheaper in the long run.
i think.

Don't necessarily disagree but call me a vindictive arsehole if you will, but I'm all for paying a bit more if it means this arsehole gets kicked out as getting a payout.

Skyryder

deanohit
22nd September 2007, 14:39
Yep, I'm with Skyryder, pay a bit more so Rickards pays, no golden handshake with a nice car and wad of cash. And even if he does get off, theres still allegations and a big black mark against his name.

Toaster
22nd September 2007, 15:06
This Labour Govt said no more 'golden farewells'. Enough taxpayer money wasted. Time for someone to show some honour and fall on his sword for the sake of the embattled police reputation.

duckonin
22nd September 2007, 15:54
If the prick gets kicked out he should be made to repay three years wages, plus the deprieciation on the new car, (scumbag ):2guns::argh:

oldrider
22nd September 2007, 21:13
Well if I was in trouble with a gang of louts, etc etc, I would rather have Rickarts come to my aid than that fat arse Broad or wishy washy Pope or any of the other piss weak Labour toadies they have got running the outfit now!

I have a feeling of unease that the real reasons for kicking Rickarts arse are hidden away down deep and lots of people are afraid, very afraid!

Skyryder, Pope can't be your ideal cop, what with all your claims about the Scott Watson case!

I reckon there are more holes in Pope's case than a Swiss cheese. John.

Brutus
22nd September 2007, 21:47
I wonder if he thinks it natural if his any of his family were in Louise Nicholls situation. or would he want to castrate some buggers for commiting acts like that.
I don't think sports people are role models, but sworn police officers protecting 'innocents' are far accountable as role models for society and his behaviour certainly does not meet this societies current standards !
Only 10 charges?!

peasea
23rd September 2007, 16:20
If the prick gets kicked out he should be made to repay three years wages, plus the deprieciation on the new car, (scumbag ):2guns::argh:

Get a gun and shoot the fuck.

miSTa
23rd September 2007, 18:45
Unfortunately disciplinary process must be followed but the guy should have the courage to admit that he fucked up and bought the police force in to disrepute and fall on his sword.

peasea
23rd September 2007, 21:54
Unfortunately disciplinary process must be followed but the guy should have the courage to admit that he fucked up and bought the police force in to disrepute and fall on his sword.

OMG, a sensible comment.

scumdog
23rd September 2007, 21:59
OMG, a sensible comment.

And YOU never thought of it?
Ah well, next time eh!

peasea
23rd September 2007, 22:03
And YOU never thought of it?
Ah well, next time eh!

So we're even.