PDA

View Full Version : Moto Morini Corsaro 1200

dangerous
22nd September 2007, 21:09
Awesome, just awesome, a mate was in town yesterday on his Moto Morini he brought into the country and he said 'take er for a spin' so I did and heres my thoughts.
HOLY shit this thing has some snot 140 ponys I think and in 1st gear its just nuts, 2nd and its almost as loose 3rd and its still pulling power whellies and from there up ya just hanging on for dear life.
The brakes are typical Brembos pull ya up as if to hiff ya over the front, corning the bike feels very light and nimble.
The finishing of the bike is rather hand done where you can see the masking lines and paint seepage but thats part of a rear Italian bike no two will be the same. The bike had a few wee oil leaks nothing major but I wouldnt think it should leak at all.
It has a very Iti clunky rattly engine and the exhaust tone is lumpy but quiet, its so Italian I love it.

All up I did the longest wheelie under power (more so than a GSXR1000 etc) this bike is a completely different bike to a Tuono, Buell and other V2's in fighter set ups, its just so crazy, bring on the Buell 1125R I cant wait to see how the new generation of V2s ride if this MM is anything to go by.

MVnut
22nd September 2007, 21:26
Verry noice !:niceone:

carver
22nd September 2007, 21:34
its a interesting bike in many ways, including the history of the company, i would loce to have a play on a Tuono

hospitalfood
22nd September 2007, 21:46
that MM is ugly to me, but I guess I'm biased.

deanohit
22nd September 2007, 21:54
Damn, that bike is hot, would have to say they look better than my other favorite v-twin, the Superduke (sorry DMNTD) and a 1200 insted of a piddlin 990. :2thumbsup

sinned
26th September 2007, 19:22
I had a ride on a demo in August at Motormart in the Hutt. Here is what I posted to my blog:

"I went for a ride out to the Hutt this afternoon thinking I may have a look at a Ducati. Yes I am thinking of my next bike. While there I spied a new/demo Moto Morini Corsaro. Was offered a ride, so took it for a spin.

This is a very nice bike and everything the test reports say seems true. Compared to the SV it is very easy to ride at low speed and around town. The motor pulls smoothly from 2000rpm and the gearing means it pulls well in any gear. Great sound. The little fairing over the light works better than I expected and it has an excellent riding position. This bike is hard to fault and other than the price would be a bike I would love to own.

I didn't want to take it back. I could ride this all day."

Riding this made me rethink my next bike. It was bloody fantastic with huge torque, great sound and just a joy to ride. The demo is now in the mainland and returning to Wellington near to Christmas.

Will I buy one??? Possibly or the 9.5MM - but will ride a Speed Triple first to compare. And, price may put the S3 in front.