PDA

View Full Version : Ducati women's race team

surfchick
23rd September 2007, 15:47
OMG the photo at the bottom of this link-ducati women's race team thread:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/women-motorcycles/ducati-womens-team/

way cool... all three girls going totally feral.:sweatdrop in a way better than I haven't washed my hair for days feral way...:sleep:

tri boy
23rd September 2007, 19:56
Great action shots, and footage.
Atomic sisters:headbang:

Scouse
23rd September 2007, 20:01
OMG the photo at the bottom of this link-ducati women's race team thread:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/women-motorcycles/ducati-womens-team/

way cool... all three girls going totally feral.:sweatdrop in a way better than I haven't washed my hair for days feral way...:sleep:And?...............

surfchick
24th September 2007, 16:54
And?...............
lemme see...just how many "ands" can i rustle up :rolleyes:
and they were GIVEN their 1048's by their sponsors (this is a giant AND for me as it made me slightly jealous :devil2:)
and they race in an all women's league additional to other mixed races which is interesting cause we don't have the numbers here...
and they race the best tracks in europe...which I think must be extremely fun
and the stories of how they made it are interesting in the context of watching Jill and others making it work over here...
and that bottom pic is lovely.
and this is like-a-nu generation of racing female riders :clap:hopefully with some big-bad asse sponsorship flicked their way..., and like with surfing hopefully a nu audience although the article predicts a summer of "difficulties" to overcome...
AND as Alison Ballard puts it "I became the first female in Australia to race on a national factory supported team in 2003" so the Italians having the Y2k "team" is dope

(...and did i mention the ducati's?)

pic below: (Nina Prinz and Letizia Marchetti - Ducati Women's Motorcycle Racing Team) the caption was off the website but buggered if i know which is which)

surfchick
24th September 2007, 17:12
pic below : :baby:

*MissNey*
29th September 2007, 12:51
thanks for the link! cool footage

slowpoke
29th September 2007, 13:37
Why the high fives over a chicks only race team or race series? Riders are riders aren't they?
I reckon road racing is one area where women should have a decided advantage over blokes due to their usually smaller size/weight and they aren't disadvantaged by less physical strength (Stoner, Rossi and Pedrosa couldn't fight there way out of a wet paper bag). A petite 50kg woman has got a 30kg advantage over most of the blokes in the field.....it's almost an unfair advantage....

surfchick
29th September 2007, 19:17
we're on the same page about the riders being riders:yes: ya ya -meh high fives...back to this again...boring and not going there... that shite has already killed a few threads in here. :sleep:

it'll alway be lost on some why 2003 is an interesting statistic...

good point about the weight diff -i don't race so don't know how much it exactly contributes-but could be - interestingly with surfing - women are shorter and have better chances w centre of gravity and apparantly some balance/inner ear physiological bias that is supposed to better then men also. BUT women still have to work harder to pack the same muscle explosiveness into that same mass and this affects all the manouvre dynamics-hence different world tours for men and women. bikes do open up possibilites... jill is a bantam ***sorry jill, but the small weight would only put her side-by-side with the other skinny-dudes dat race ;) not giving her any real advantage. so like everyone else the girls gotta live by their cunning and their machines like everyone else..unless they figue out how to hollow their bones like birds...

I reckon I get more go out of the ducati cause I'm 30kg's lighter than a big guy :) so I save on carbon... but then that's what the ducati's were sized for -they "a small bike"

Crasherfromwayback
29th September 2007, 19:30
I reckon I get more go out of the ducati cause I'm 30kg's lighter than a big guy :) so I save on carbon... but then that's what the ducati's were sized for -they "a small bike"

The only time I'd be happy riding round for second place is if I was following a well sexy womans arse.:baby:

surfchick
29th September 2007, 19:52
plenty of opportunity ;) :bleh:
i agree there is no asse worth following except a sexy one. :laugh: