PDA

View Full Version : SH16 speed traps

johnnyflash
24th September 2007, 15:17
Wow, what a great run up 16 today, apart from some sneaky HP cars parked around corner and fellows standing out on hiway with hand cams... seems a common trick for these fellows..
Fortunately there was some cages holding up traffic :laugh:. but its was a sweet run to wellsford and back...

Finn
24th September 2007, 15:19
Yip, a mate got done doing 160+ yesterday. End of Peak Rd.

There is a blizt in Rodney over the next few weeks.

You have been warned.

The Pastor
24th September 2007, 16:49
radar dectors needed.

Mom
24th September 2007, 17:12
There has been lots of publicity about this road safety campain in our local papers, and some reports of the results to date, we managed to go out drinking last Friday night (i was on the lemonade before I get too much shit) drove home and did not see one cop the whole way from Albany to Warkworth.

Interestingly enough, the focus is again on speed/drinking but what about the cow shit spewed from stock trucks, dangerous stuff that on a bike, and worse the overflowing diesel from a truck the other day.....loverly stuff that I am sure you will all agree......I think there needs to be more widespread attention to the causes of accidents rather than the tried and true methods...I wont hold my breath.

The Pastor
24th September 2007, 18:09
There has been lots of publicity about this road safety campain in our local papers, and some reports of the results to date, we managed to go out drinking last Friday night (i was on the lemonade before I get too much shit) drove home and did not see one cop the whole way from Albany to Warkworth.

Interestingly enough, the focus is again on speed/drinking but what about the cow shit spewed from stock trucks, dangerous stuff that on a bike, and worse the overflowing diesel from a truck the other day.....loverly stuff that I am sure you will all agree......I think there needs to be more widespread attention to the causes of accidents rather than the tried and true methods...I wont hold my breath.
singing that same old tune eh mom? who really gives a flying duck anyway, we can't change the cops revenue gathering tatics but we can aviod them.

Its a bitch because to opose them your un PC and politics is a popularity contest, the problem is the speed ticket public cage drivers ( who drive toyota and get one ticket ever 20 years) whole hartly belive that speeding tickets reduce the road toll.

We will never win. So I think its high time we shut up about cops.

Actually thats a lie i hate cops - feel free to continue belittling the ginga basterd.

arj127
24th September 2007, 18:10
i find that road very boring, the best parts are the windies near Hellinsville and the bit where you climb over the hill near Warkworth, but these bits are to short. Otherwise it is straight and boring, and just begs you to open the throttle on the straights.

arj127
24th September 2007, 18:11
be prepared to get pinged on that road, the cops are always there

johnnyflash
24th September 2007, 18:38
Hey I dont really mind the HP doing their stuff, I figure if I get caught exceeding the limit then I aint paying enough attention :-) & its a fair cop..I just dont like the sneaky hiding games they play,(whilst they tell us they dont do that). Anyway Ive always maintaned that putting visable marked cars out on the road patrolling , has more effect in slowing traffic and reminding drivers of the limits than the hiding or playing these ither games do..

WarlockNZ
24th September 2007, 18:42
In the immortal words of Clarkson.

"Speed never killed anyone, coming to a sudden stop.. well that's a different story".

Hmm that reminds me ... i have to make another radar detector mount for the bike.

surfchick
24th September 2007, 18:45
i find that road very boring, the best parts are the windies near Hellinsville and the bit where you climb over the hill near Warkworth, but these bits are to short. Otherwise it is straight and boring, and just begs you to open the throttle on the straights.

I have to agree there -but it's such a long way to east cape... our weekend sh16 options are becoming : demon riding at dawn or couples-runs :devil2: between 9am and dark baha stil it's fun tho. :drool:

surfchick
24th September 2007, 18:51
I had the bejeezus scared out of me yesterday on sh16 by a cop car that was hidden in the siding opp the church at old-nth road turn off (coming back to ak from kaukapakapa)

for some reason just as I passed the copcar after coming round the top corner he popped his siren on for just a fraction of a second.

i got such a fright as I hadn't seen the car at all i missed the turn off altogether and flew past it. then crammed on the anchors and pulled over for the cop. who ignored me and uturned and chased a car going the other direction I presume...

i passed two boys in blue within 15mins & tried to warn a clump of cruisers and the odd sportbike...dunno to what avail...hope no-one got tickets (that was about 11.45/12.00

arj127
24th September 2007, 20:19
I had the bejeezus scared out of me yesterday on sh16 by a cop car that was hidden in the siding opp the church at old-nth road turn off (coming back to ak from kaukapakapa)

for some reason just as I passed the copcar after coming round the top corner he popped his siren on for just a fraction of a second.

i got such a fright as I hadn't seen the car at all i missed the turn off altogether and flew past it. then crammed on the anchors and pulled over for the cop. who ignored me and uturned and chased a car going the other direction I presume...

i passed two boys in blue within 15mins & tried to warn a clump of cruisers and the odd sportbike...dunno to what avail...hope no-one got tickets (that was about 11.45/12.00

maybe i should go for a fang with surfchick along there sometime, should make it more interesting

Toaster
24th September 2007, 20:32
Hey I dont really mind the HP doing their stuff, I figure if I get caught exceeding the limit then I aint paying enough attention :-) & its a fair cop..I just dont like the sneaky hiding games they play,(whilst they tell us they dont do that). Anyway Ive always maintaned that putting visable marked cars out on the road patrolling , has more effect in slowing traffic and reminding drivers of the limits than the hiding or playing these ither games do..

Agreed. Real men (and women) are adult enough to take what they deserve if they do the 'crime'. Visible patrols are a good thing... it is always a good reminder to keep it sensible and also get home in one piece. On the other hand, if you know they may be hidden, then that can have a good effect of slowing some down also.... works on me.

TLMAN
24th September 2007, 20:33
maybe i should go for a fang with surfchick along there sometime, should make it more interesting

Put two of these puppys on ya NC30. Thatll sort ya boring ride out!!!!!!!

arj127
25th September 2007, 06:45
Put two of these puppys on ya NC30. Thatll sort ya boring ride out!!!!!!!

thats not quite the effect that i'm after

surfchick
25th September 2007, 18:43
i'm gonna try ride it earlier... there seems a marked increase in cops as the day wears on...

jafar
25th September 2007, 20:09
i'm gonna try ride it earlier... there seems a marked increase in cops as the day wears on...

You could always ride a different road where they are less likely to be. Why play russian roulette with your licence & money when there are plenty of roads out there that are not so heavily patrolled by the revenue gatherers.:devil2:

Mom
25th September 2007, 20:14
I wont be the first person to counsel you to take it easy on SH16, a serious hunting ground for Police..........yes it is a great piece of tarmac, but believe me there are other roads, not much further away that can allow you a bit of freedom to go for a squirt if that is your want.

TLMAN
13th October 2007, 11:47
What a stretch of road!!

So far ive put 900kms on the new beast this week with the help of these twistys.

Seen hardly any cops too, or maybe they were all hiding?

$CENSLS1$
13th October 2007, 15:59
Yeah came through a section from Makarau to Kaukop on SH16 today and had a cop follow me into Kaukop.White unmarked car, was all good though :innocent:

RC1
13th October 2007, 16:52
i'm gonna try ride it earlier...

go out on sh 28 (riverhead-coatsville) usuall not many cops on there go to the end then come back, nice ride IMHO

rphenix
1st November 2007, 20:01

Nah them cop bikes slow me down the most...no such thing as disappearing in thick traffic.

scumdog
1st November 2007, 20:08
Wow, what a great run up 16 today, apart from some sneaky HP cars parked around corner and fellows standing out on hiway with hand cams... seems a common trick for these fellows..
Fortunately there was some cages holding up traffic :laugh:. but its was a sweet run to wellsford and back...

Yup, one of the perks of living in the Sophisticated Urban North...:whistle:

Patch
2nd November 2007, 04:13
Apparently transit has more than one road other than SH16 - perhaps you lot should get out more and stop bitchin about the lads in blue.

or just don't speed - farkin simple really.

BMW
2nd November 2007, 05:50

seems the go! that way she can find all them hidden cops and I can just concentrate on the day

Swoop
13th November 2007, 19:03
It would be fun to spend an hour or so, finding where the cops are sitting then going and parking up the road and warning all bikers who are approaching.

Just to advise them that "speed kills" of course...:Punk:

willow_jones
22nd February 2008, 21:05
Speed trap what the hell its always a F****** problem i love to drive fast very fast and these bloody cops always stops me in doing so so i have found a alternative for my problem trapster (http://www.trapster.com). It provides you with useful information regarding the road traps, alerts about traps set by cops and moreover keeps you on the right side of the law. It will give you all the necessary information that you want. You just need to login. If you find anything interesting in your visits, do share with me.