PDA

View Full Version : Control your kids?!

BuFfY
24th September 2007, 16:50
My house is currently on the market. Shit hit the fan so it is being sold :(
It was put on the market on Thursday and they had two open homes over the weekend.
On Sunday we got home after the open home and my sis went into her room upstairs. Next we heard a mixture of screaming and laughing... I went upstairs to find someone had pulled back the covers on her bed (we all made sure everything was spotless so it was rather obvious) and looked like they had gotten in it?! They had also taken the pink satin tie from her bathrobe which was in her bathroom and spread it out over the end of her bed. Very weird

Then we walked into my room, which is also upstairs. They had done the same thing to my bed! Except I had a purple fluffy thing spread across my pillows.

After a huge laugh we went downstairs. My sis went into her bathroom later to find they had smeared the toothpaste all over the bathroom sink. We were scared as that they might have done something to our toothbrushes etc!

Isn't that just so wrong! The real estate guy had mentioned that a family had been through, but the child must have been some what old as he was able to reach our toothpaste.

Has anyone else had weird things like this when selling their home? Or are we the only lucky ones?

I feel so violated!

Drum
24th September 2007, 16:52
I'd be throwing your toothbrushes out!

TLMAN
24th September 2007, 16:55
Are you sure it wasnt the agent?:love:

Mom
24th September 2007, 17:04
Complain to the agent asap! That sort of thing is totally unacceptable, the agent is there to make sure that all is well, he/she will have the names of who came through, the agent needs to know that they are capable of that sort of crap.

ps: dont use the tooth brushes!

mstriumph
24th September 2007, 17:20
i've never permitted an agent to hold a 'home open' on any of the houses i've sold ------- i don't appreciate swarms of drongos clumping across my carpets and running their grubby paws through my underwear drawer ............and, irrespective of what promises the agent may make beforehand, don't you just KNOW they are going to be too wary of upsetting a new prospect to swat their errant brats off the furniture or stop them clog-dancing on the diningroom table or doing unmentionable things in your bathroom....

- homes open are if benefit the agent because it gives them access to potential buyers ..... [but note, that's buyers for ANY house s/he has on his/her books - NOT necessarily YOURS] it is totally inappropriate for them to repay that benefit you've given them by being careless of your property

in this case i'd not only INFORM the agent - i'd tell him/her that it's totally unacceptable for them not to check through your house and put it to rights, if necessary, before leaving, i'd tell them i'm changing agents

The Pastor
24th September 2007, 18:17
i'd be all over your and kates bed too if i was left alone.....

errrrrrrrrr what?

:D

Meanie
24th September 2007, 18:46
Oooh id say Goldilocks has been to your place :shifty:

iwilde
24th September 2007, 19:04
Open homes are for lazy agents, insist that they make appointments with clients as open homes are used by thieves for scoping out how to rip you off. Any good agent will respect your wishes.

Curious_AJ
24th September 2007, 19:12
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

BuFfY
25th September 2007, 20:56
Mum complained, but I am pretty sure there will still be open homes, and then an auction in 3 more weeks

Anyone after a beautiful home in Whangaparaoa? 5 bedrooms, 2 living areas, spa, huge deck, 5 min walk to Plaza, High school, primary and beaches?

I don't want to leave it :(

Bloody Mad Woman (BMW)
25th September 2007, 22:48
Don't have another open home! Or stay there during it. Most certainly complain to the agent. Crikey that's rude!!!

Griff
26th September 2007, 15:01
"Your Glass is Half Full"

Be thankful that the child wasn't incontinent.

Tank
26th September 2007, 16:03
Dont compain to the agent - complain to the principle of the agencey. Tell them you will compain to the Real Estate institue if it happens again.

That should get his attention and make him tell the agent to take more care next time.

Then get the details of the family from the agent (since they are probally trying to sell their home as well).

Go to THEIR open home, pull back the covers on their bed. Have a good old crap, pull the covers back up and put the electric blanket on full.

Remember to leave a false name when registering. Preferabally someone on the KB so we want watch their thread about the police turning up and charging them for being a pervert.

Grub
26th September 2007, 16:09
Ring the Real Estate Institute office in your area. They will deal with it on your behalf.

Letting it happen is one thing but not even doing a check before they leave is *really* bad.

yod
26th September 2007, 16:10
"Your Glass is Half Full"

Be thankful that the child was incontinent.

umm...you mean wasn't?

JimO
26th September 2007, 16:57
i have a mate selling a 600k home he built and on the second open home a couple who had been to the 1st one came back and started checking paint colours on a chart, as he was having a beer with the neighbour he spotted them doing this and asked them why they were doing this they said " oh we arnt interisted in buying it but like the colour scheme":mad: so he told them to fornicate off..they hadnt realised he was the owner, he then had a go at the agent for letting them go through the house checking colours :argue:, the agent said he hadnt seen them do it but that was bollocks

Coldrider
26th September 2007, 17:02
Agents don't give a toss, and most open home gawkes are tyre kickers filling in time at your expense, but unfortunately (or fortunately) there may be that one genuine buyer present.
Good luck with a sale, open homes are stressful, excessively cleaning & tidyness etc.

Dooly
26th September 2007, 17:10
A customer of ours here is a less than reputable local land agent.
She was caught rooting some bloke in the owner's bed at an open home she was holding.
No wonder she keeps getting fired from agencies here.