PDA

View Full Version : Best Tracks

NhuanH
23rd July 2003, 13:57
Race fiends:

What tracks do you enjoy watching 2 wheeled racing on, or better yet have done laps on?  I've never been on a track so mine are all spectating - although there are many many hours logged on Xbox, does that count?

Laguna Seca - the Corkscrew, 'nuff said

Saschenring - Left hand city

Mugello - big hoary straight, 2 esses following each other

Suzuka - the infamous front esses

and close to home: Philip Island - Lukey Heights

wkid_one
23rd July 2003, 16:29
hmmm - Laguna Seca has to rate as one of the best to watch.....the last race with the pole lap from the American Wildcard was fantastic to watch...

Isle of Mann TT has to be the best track to watch onboard footage of - the hot lap with David Jeferries (RIP) in 2002 was simply the best television footage ever.....nothing like taking three corners over 800m as one big corner - nice.

What I would love to see is a major bike round at Bathurst....that would be a track for those with nuts the size of avocadoes (would make riding uncomfortable tho I spose).....

SPman
23rd July 2003, 18:34
Taupo is fun to ride.

Visually,  Laguna Seca, Philip Island Donington and the old Nurburgring are pretty exciting. And, of course, the I.O.M........onboard...... :eek::eek::eek:

bluninja
23rd July 2003, 20:26
Monza, is the best track I've ever ridden on.....even though I obviously went slowly:D

I also love Cadwell Park in Lincolnshire. It's quite technical but the trip up the mountain and into the esses is great fun.

Laguna Seca and Phillip Island are my favourite tracks to watch racing.

TTFN