PDA

View Full Version : 250+ ride 13 october!

The Pastor
25th September 2007, 13:08
Hey guys im organising a 250 ride, just thought i'd like to invite you all!

Thread is here
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1219549

register here
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&ea=attend&e=1391

See you on the ride!

Rm

EJK
25th September 2007, 19:33
250cc+ ride? lol
That means I can't join lol
225cc for me :(
lol

motorbyclist
25th September 2007, 23:03
wtf, i was like, auto enrolled for the ride or something....

sorry bro can't/won't come on this one

twinkle
26th September 2007, 13:14
loooool EJ, maybe we can fit a 25cc chainsaw motor on the back wheel somehow too, just to make 250 :stupid:

bomma
26th September 2007, 14:54
james you should go along on the ride and see how many other big bikes you can rip up on the mighty gn!!

the list now stands at a k7 gixxer 600 and an 01 ZX7R.....whos the next victim?!?!

*tense music plays* *dhun dhun dhuuuuuuun*

Macstar
26th September 2007, 17:14
james you should go along on the ride and see how many other big bikes you can rip up on the mighty gn!!*

Is there / has there ever been a GN racing circuit? That would be hillarious and maybe a class I could afford to race in.

Hanne
26th September 2007, 17:54
Is there / has there ever been a GN racing circuit? That would be hillarious and maybe a class I could afford to race in.

Lol James would whip everyone's arses in that one!

twinkle
26th September 2007, 18:48

Sarge suggested it ages ago, it would be a bit of a laugh
It would need to be a tight course, like manfield or something, or even a go-kart track haha.:woohoo:
Pukekohe would be about as boring as going down the motorway.... unless we raced on the horsie track :shifty:

Squiggles
27th September 2007, 00:16
ill race ya (at a track) james, even if it means destroying another motor... any other competitors? :lol:

motorbyclist
27th September 2007, 00:27
:devil2:

i need insurance though...

twinkle
27th September 2007, 07:19
ill race ya (at a track) james, even if it means destroying another motor... any other competitors? :lol:

awesome! lol so we have three, we can probably get EJ to race too, bound to be more that are keen :2thumbsup

bomma
27th September 2007, 09:22
should have it over at the kart track near ice planet or whateva....the place just off one of the motorways....where is it and what is it called?!?!?! grr frustrating when something is on the tip of your tongue and you just cant get it!! :ar15:

newayz its a pretty tiny track and has heapsa mean azz corners!! be fun on a gn!! cud even have the gns and a coupla go-karts on at the same time and see how it goes :lol:

motorbyclist
27th September 2007, 21:10
i'll bring my pocket rocket!

UberRhys
2nd October 2007, 14:47
should have it over at the kart track near ice planet or whateva....the place just off one of the motorways....where is it and what is it called?!?!?! grr frustrating when something is on the tip of your tongue and you just cant get it!! :ar15:

newayz its a pretty tiny track and has heapsa mean azz corners!! be fun on a gn!! cud even have the gns and a coupla go-karts on at the same time and see how it goes :lol:

What about the kart track in Mt Wellington where they have the bucket racing and the scooter racing? Nice and tight, have a look at some of the pics on this site: http://www.amcc.org.nz/photos_track.html
:first:

bomma
2nd October 2007, 14:49
viewing this post = signing up?? :mellow:

EJK
2nd October 2007, 14:59
awesome! lol so we have three, we can probably get EJ to race too, bound to be more that are keen :2thumbsup

Bring it on! :D
I ain't the same EJ as a month ago :cool:

P.S. Srsly, can we hire this race track? :lol:

xwhatsit
2nd October 2007, 22:41
Bring it on! :D
I ain't the same EJ as a month ago :cool:

P.S. Srsly, can we hire this race track? :lol:

Cool -- well if you're going, I can go -- gutless single-cylinders unite!

klyong82
3rd October 2007, 08:10
Cool -- well if you're going, I can go -- gutless single-cylinders unite!

I will be there too if Squiggles repairs all his GN's. We will have a GN grand prix but I am sure the CB250 will win cos it is a Honda.

Macstar
3rd October 2007, 08:33
Wish I never sold my Gn250 now...

EJK
3rd October 2007, 09:28
DANG! I shoulda bought a GN250 lol

twinkle
3rd October 2007, 11:54
DANG! I shoulda bought a GN250 lol

why whats wrong with the scorpio?

EJK
3rd October 2007, 12:00
lol nvm, lets just hire this track :D

How much?

klyong82
3rd October 2007, 12:52
Not sure how much will it be but we were talking with Don Clark from WWH last week and he reckons to book the whole track in Puke cost about $3500 for a day. So best you get about 35 or more people so that each person can pay $100 to use the track.

motorbyclist
3rd October 2007, 14:29
talking to am mate in engineering he reckons taupo is even cheaper to hire, but you have to factor in transport costs

ehab2weelr
3rd October 2007, 14:30
i want a gn now!!!!:yes:
any one wants to trade a gn for my gsx250??

wait....... i think not its too much of an upgrade for gn riders......:devil2:
muahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

twinkle
3rd October 2007, 20:48
i want a gn now!!!!:yes:
any one wants to trade a gn for my gsx250??

wait....... i think not its too much of an upgrade for gn riders......

race EJ with your gsx, he will kick your arse on the kart track :devil2:

Macstar
3rd October 2007, 21:05
Yeah, I've had two GSX 250s and my brother had one too (all models were '03 or newer). They are a comfortable full sized bike for the taller guy but I'm sorry to say that their performance wasn't exceptional. I still have some GSX parts too Ehab - Need a seat?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I reckon a 0-80kph drag race between a GN 250 and GSX 250 would be pretty close. GSX of course has longer legs...

Anyway, would you guys let me join the 250cc-single championship on a Motard Baja (XLR 250)? They're pretty cheap and road legal. I'm thinking of getting one for me (and Mei to learn on). Dunno if the claimed 28 hp would be ripping wheelies though....?

EJK
3rd October 2007, 21:24
Alright, someone put it up on the KB calendar or somewhere, we now must get 35 riders :)

Can we do that? I'm so keen lol

Hanne
3rd October 2007, 21:25
wait....... i think not its too much of an upgrade for gn riders......:devil2:

Talk once you've ridden one!
Stephen goes from GN to TL pretty much every day...

I'm actually looking foward to hopping back on one of his ginnys once they are going again, they are way more fun around town because of their manouverabilty, I reckon.

GN, rock on! :Punk:

motorbyclist
3rd October 2007, 22:02
Anyway, would you guys let me join the 250cc-single championship on a Motard Baja (XLR 250)? They're pretty cheap and road legal. I'm thinking of getting one for me (and Mei to learn on). Dunno if the claimed 28 hp would be ripping wheelies though....?

you'd be surprised at what those honda engines can pull, especially with the offroad gearing

round a tight gokart track it'd rip up any GN

Macstar
3rd October 2007, 22:18

He he he, bring it on Gns! ....well, after I get an XLR:)

xwhatsit
3rd October 2007, 23:08

Mei's the nice Mandarin-speaking lass?

28hp no problem -- I got my 26hp CB250RS up once, although the abuse required to do it made me feel a bit guilty :)

An XLR250 definitely has the right geometry to pull wheelies on demand, 28hp or not. Single cylinder, lots of torque.

EJK
4th October 2007, 00:09
Hell, even my Scorpio can do wheelies lol

EVEN GNs CAN DO WHEELIES

KLR no problem wheelies (I think) :yes:

twinkle
4th October 2007, 06:38
you'd be surprised at what those honda engines can pull, especially with the offroad gearing

hehe yeah i was just thinking that, motard vs commuter bike :bye:

klyong82
4th October 2007, 07:58
He he he, bring it on Gns! ....well, after I get an XLR:)

Since you buying another moto I am sure you aint leaving the country now. Anyway can I ride the XLR too? haha

Macstar
4th October 2007, 08:22
Mei's the nice Mandarin-speaking lass?

28hp no problem -- I got my 26hp CB250RS up once, although the abuse required to do it made me feel a bit guilty :)

An XLR250 definitely has the right geometry to pull wheelies on demand, 28hp or not. Single cylinder, lots of torque.

She's nice in public...

Since you buying another moto I am sure you aint leaving the country now. Anyway can I ride the XLR too? haha

You don't lose money on 250s and at the mo they're still a little cheaper than they will be in 2-3 months time (summer). But yeah no tickets booked just yet, apart from one to Oz in 12 days (just a holiday).

motorbyclist
4th October 2007, 16:12
Hell, even my Scorpio can do wheelies lol

EVEN GNs CAN DO WHEELIES

KLR no problem wheelies (I think) :yes:

heck even my shitty chinese 50cc pocket rocket can do wheelies if you lean back far enough:lol:

and then there's my YZ400f dirtbike: its a mission keeping the front down and the rear in check - and if you're really good (or unlucky) you get the front wheel miles up in the air with the rear wheel spinning up

Squiggles
4th October 2007, 16:42
get her a gn, least then when it falls to bits ive got heaps of spares :clap: or a dr250.. very similar engine design to a gn (same top ends etc)

motorbyclist
4th October 2007, 16:46
nothing wrong with an FXR150!

Macstar
4th October 2007, 19:55
Yeah, I know a Motard is hardly a girl's learner bike. But but but but, I don't wanna ride a FXR150 or GN again. I wanna find carparks and do wheelies and stoppies on a fun little Motard and use it to commute and stuff.

Ah well, might have to buy two bikes... Get your second GN working Stevo and Mei can hire it off ya, or buy it or something.

Hanne
4th October 2007, 20:37
Ah well, might have to buy two bikes... Get your second GN working Stevo and Mei can hire it off ya, or buy it or something.

I've got my sister on the case for this one! She is also wanting to learn and therefore asks about the state of the GNs about twice a day. :clap:

I reckon a GN is a good first bike coz they aren't too high... That is a problem with most of the off roady ones I have looked at, I sit on them and my legs are a good 5cm above the ground still (unless it is like my cousin's kiddie variety ><)

Macstar
4th October 2007, 21:03
Can someone lend me $1000 and drive me to KeriKeri so I can get this:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=120644911

klyong82
4th October 2007, 21:08
Can someone lend me $1000 and drive me to KeriKeri so I can get this:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=120644911

I can give you a loan with interest of 12% compounded daily.....just sign here....I will accept Mei as downpayment or final settlement......:shifty:

Macstar
4th October 2007, 21:18
hey hey hey: $1000 you make that in a few days work Kylong! I'll let you ride it and do some wheelies instead.

klyong82
4th October 2007, 21:26
Tempting.......I took the front screen off the Guzzi just now and the front steering felt so much lighter. i pulled a wheelie in front my house too...fun

edit: but i am a venture capitalist or investor so i prefer the money...haha

Macstar
4th October 2007, 21:54
Yeah I wouldn't mind the Guzzi either. Ah well, I'm gonna make an offer on that KTM tomorrow see what happens... Won't be able to go on an NZ tour of I get it though.

klyong82
4th October 2007, 22:17
That is ok we can just ride within Auckland Northland or Taupovegas......maybe we can teach Mei to ride a bike over summer. Keep pressuring her till she becomes sick of it. Wait till you start earning your big bucks then we go tour NZ probably a little more luxurious.

Shouldn't you have a look at te bike first before making an offer?

xwhatsit
5th October 2007, 00:13
Keep pressuring her till she becomes sick of it.

That's always worked for me.

Macstar
5th October 2007, 09:10
Unexpectedly, the guy has accepted my conditional offer on the KTM! I'm gonna have a look at a similarly priced DR350 here in Auckland today - but I could be heading up North tomorrow!

Yeh heeee! Motard madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

klyong82
5th October 2007, 10:02
Unexpectedly, the guy has accepted my conditional offer on the KTM! I'm gonna have a look at a similarly priced DR350 here in Auckland today - but I could be heading up North tomorrow!

Yeh heeee! Motard madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might head up with you tomorrow morning for a ride if you want. Dying for a ride.

Macstar
5th October 2007, 10:07
In the van? There's too many spare parts and tryes and stuff to ride the thing home unfortunately...

klyong82
5th October 2007, 10:33
In the van? There's too many spare parts and tryes and stuff to ride the thing home unfortunately...

Darn then I will ride on my own tomorrow.....

motorbyclist
5th October 2007, 10:56
damn that looks good for that price!:drool:

just remember KTM is well known (in the motox world) for expensive mechanical repairs, and obviously you'll need some road tyres

Macstar
5th October 2007, 12:42
I've decided to flag the KTM after talking to a KTM mechanic / supermotard racer. He reckons 100hrs / 10,000 kms on one of them and it's rebuild time - poss even a re-bore if dirt has been sucked through the air filter. Rebuild is up to 2K so there goes that amazing deal...

I'm gonna go check out the DR350 this avo. It's a 2000 with 6ks on the clock for the same price as the KTM. Half the HP and twice the weight tho...

motorbyclist
5th October 2007, 13:58
wel of course a mechanic would tell you that, especially a racer...

hell according to many people you should be rebuilding your motorcross bike every 35 hours! i'm sure they're right too, yet my yamaha runs sweet as and it hasn't seen a mechanic in years lol

then again, it IS a KTM you were looking at - like a merc; overpriced, break often and expensive to fix

have you looked at getting a WR, or a CRFX? (the yamaha is more reliable, but don may be able to help you with the honda;))