PDA

View Full Version : Out goes the GN250 in comes the...

Minnie
25th September 2007, 19:57
ER6F.............who hooo, havnt been on this site for ages folks, been knee deep in mud, cows , calves and colostrum, anyone whos been anywhere near a dairy farm will no what i mean.........but i have a new baby and im so excited, picked it up from Tauranga on Friday and rode it home to Waiuku, via Rotorua ( its on the way isnt it??:innocent:) its such a great bike for me, feels really comfortable and was able to jump on and go straight away without the feel of , crap its a big bike i need to relearn. which is how i felt about the GSR? when i test rode it. i wanted something that was uprite position and not too heavy, and looked cool, and its quite narrrow so good for someone my size........
Today went down SH22 and got the feel for some twisties....its sooooooo good... roll on summer.... and yes i know its a big jump from a gn so i will be carefull:yes:
ps, did i tell you i was really excited!!!!!!!:2thumbsup

NighthawkNZ
25th September 2007, 20:00
ER6F.............who hooo, havnt been on this site for ages folks, been knee deep in mud, cows , calves and colostrum, anyone whos been anywhere near a dairy farm will no what i mean.........but i have a new baby and im so excited, picked it up from Tauranga on Friday and rode it home to Waiuku, via Rotorua ( its on the way isnt it??:innocent:) its such a great bike for me, feels really comfortable and was able to jump on and go straight away without the feel of , crap its a big bike i need to relearn. which is how i felt about the GSR? when i test rode it. i wanted something that was uprite position and not too heavy, and looked cool, and its quite narrrow so good for someone my size........
Today went down SH22 and got the feel for some twisties....its sooooooo good... roll on summer.... and yes i know its a big jump from a gn so i will be carefull:yes:

Congrates on the new ride... yes you will need to so called relearn some ofthe skills but the basics are the same. Learn the quarks and the way the bike handles... :)

hope you enjoy it... have fun...

Mom
25th September 2007, 20:09
You have to love spring time really though :dodge:

The days are getting longer! Fantastic ride you have there, sounds like you need to plan lots of out on the road time on your new baby, roll on summer!

terbang
25th September 2007, 20:10
Twas a good ride today Clare, thanks and yup I'm impressed with the new bike. You looked like you were having way too much fun though you bloody hoon, so back to those cows for at least half an hour eh.. Ash says that you are a legend..!
Cheers B

Minnie
25th September 2007, 20:32
Twas a good ride today Clare, thanks and yup I'm impressed with the new bike. You looked like you were having way too much fun though you bloody hoon, so back to those cows for at least half an hour eh.. Ash says that you are a legend..!
Cheers B

Thanks for that Bruce, enjoyed riding with you today, didnt get a chance to say cherio as you had to get to your appntmnt, and ahem..who are you calling a hoon!!!!!!!!! Mr biggest hoon himself:laugh: i must say i do enjoy watching people who really know how to ride, for the few split seconds that i did have visibility of you and Grant:woohoo:

Highlander
25th September 2007, 20:36
I went into Bay Motorcycles on Friday morning and was talking to them about that bike. I commented it was a particularly nice looking machine in that resplendent blue and he told me it had been sold to a lady from Auckland way.

wonder who that might have been then?

Nasty
25th September 2007, 20:50
Problem is I know what Colostrum is ... yuk ... congrats on the new bike ... glad you are enjoying the ride :)

Ange!
25th September 2007, 21:53
Congratulations Minnie, GNs are cool wee bikes and teach you heaps in a nice way! I got my full license about 6wks ago and am 600 miles on and having a blast. Gns been passed on to my son whose now sitting on his learners - so now we're all mobile and looking forward to warmer weather 9degs today!! :woohoo:

Bren
25th September 2007, 22:06
ER6F.............who hooo, havnt been on this site for ages folks, been knee deep in mud, cows , calves and colostrum, anyone whos been anywhere near a dairy farm will no what i mean.........

Whoa, those were the days....:sunny:spring on a dairy farm:sunny:....dammned hard work but when ya put your arm up a cows whatsits and pull out a calf that was tryin to come out the wrong way ya get a real buzz....especially when ya know ya put a hand up that cows arse 282 days before to put the spunk in there in the first place:shutup:....ya know what i mean there????....anyway after the rush of spring Minnie ya should go out and have some fun!

terbang
26th September 2007, 10:59
.who are you calling a hoon!!!!!!!!! Mr biggest hoon himself:laugh:
Ok fair enough, I admit..
SH 22 down to Nagarawahia at this time of the year is not for the faint hearted and you handled it very well with your own discipline and pace. Nice to see and the Ginny has obviously taught you well. The ER6 seems to be very well suited to those that that come in, err umm a smaller package. It isn't tall and for a 650 its quite svelte, a good looker with a sensible riding position. It has all the hallmarks of a good all-round fun road bike. The Kawasaki equivalent to the SV650 or the 650 Bandit I guess.

vifferman
26th September 2007, 11:28
Problem is I know what Colostrum is ... yuk ...
No, not at all. :spudwhat:

Congratulations on the new bike, Minnie!

Chickadee
26th September 2007, 11:46
CONGRATS on the new bike! Wahoo.

Pic's pic's must see the lady on her new ride:2thumbsup

Lteejay
26th September 2007, 13:38
CONGRATS on the new bike! Wahoo.

Pic's pic's must see the lady on her new ride:2thumbsup

What she said - give us a lookie

Minnie
26th September 2007, 15:22
well i dont have any pics of me on the bike.........but here she is........:love:

oh i also love the fact that i now have passsing power, feels so much safer:done:

NZsarge
26th September 2007, 15:33
Congrats on your new baby(bike):niceone:

Lteejay
26th September 2007, 17:58
Very nice - I imagine you wont be home much in the next few weeks - out attacking the corners on your new baby :2thumbsup

gijoe1313
26th September 2007, 23:54
Oooh new bike bling :drool: Congrats :niceone: Looks like you will be having no probs to pass cagers and other bikers now!

So, going to come out and test it on one of my little ol'pootling runs one day? (Heck, you're going to be leaving me behind! :msn-wink:)

Have fun and ride safely as you get to know your fab new ride! :scooter: :first:

zeocen
26th September 2007, 23:57
Nice Minnie!
I love the ER6F's, my wallet didn't agree though! I hope you're having a blast on it.. I'm just like you, found a bike that feels so familiar after having a weird "maybe this isn't a good idea" sits on some bikes. I feel this will be the first of many upgrade threads of 'our era' of 250'ers !

And just in time for summer !

BMW
27th September 2007, 06:54
You have to love spring time really though :dodge:

The days are getting longer! Fantastic ride you have there, sounds like you need to plan lots of out on the road time on your new baby, roll on summer!

yes and day light saving too!

Minnie
27th September 2007, 09:41
Oooh new bike bling :drool: Congrats :niceone: Looks like you will be having no probs to pass cagers and other bikers now!

So, going to come out and test it on one of my little ol'pootling runs one day? (Heck, you're going to be leaving me behind! :msn-wink:)

Have fun and ride safely as you get to know your fab new ride! :scooter: :first:

Yep love to come out and do a pootle with you Justin, yay i will be able to keep up now:banana: just let me know when you are planning a ride and i will be there:2thumbsup

Minnie
27th September 2007, 09:46
Nice Minnie!
I love the ER6F's, my wallet didn't agree though! I hope you're having a blast on it.. I'm just like you, found a bike that feels so familiar after having a weird "maybe this isn't a good idea" sits on some bikes. I feel this will be the first of many upgrade threads of 'our era' of 250'ers !

And just in time for summer !

Congrats on your new bike there to zeocen, awesome, as you can tell im abit out of touch with whats been going on around here.....i guess ive got lots of reading to catch up on...........na bugger, it ill just go riding and someone will tell me later:yes:

zeocen
27th September 2007, 10:17
Well I didn't make a thread of my new bike as yet, as I'm still on restricted... but I have 2 weeks until my full and I have some 'motivation' towards passing hehe

Yeah, we will have to get the 'old school leaners' ride going again, with our 'graduated' bikes!

Minnie
27th September 2007, 18:11
Well I didn't make a thread of my new bike as yet, as I'm still on restricted... but I have 2 weeks until my full and I have some 'motivation' towards passing hehe

Yeah, we will have to get the 'old school leaners' ride going again, with our 'graduated' bikes!

sounds good,:2thumbsup any excuse for a ride...

smudge
27th September 2007, 20:48
Yeppp it's a nice bike alright Minnie. We will have to go for a tootle when the RZ is together.

Meanie
27th September 2007, 21:11
Congrats on the new bike :2thumbsup
My brother has one of those (Mouse) I borrowed it for the day when my meanstreak had a flat battery I was very impressed with the combination of the handling, weight and tourqe It was effortless to ride
Nice in blue too, mouse,s one is silver
Quite happily jump back on for a day, I realy did enjoy it

Maha
27th September 2007, 21:18
well i dont have any pics of me on the bike.........but here she is........:love:

oh i also love the fact that i now have passsing power, feels so much safer:done:

I remember being on a ride (poker run) that you were on also Minnie, and said on the thread later that night that i was impressed with how you were riding on the GN. Now that you have the ER6F and 'passing power' im sure you will just love the feeling when you can pull out and pass. Be the passer instead of the passee as it were....:banana:

Minnie
28th September 2007, 07:38
Yeppp it's a nice bike alright Minnie. We will have to go for a tootle when the RZ is together.

:eek:hey smudge i didnt know you were on here, cool, you managed to drag yourself away from the rods and reels for a bit:bleh:yep be great when you get your bike back on the road, hopefully :soon:

Minnie
28th September 2007, 07:41
I remember being on a ride (poker run) that you were on also Minnie, and said on the thread later that night that i was impressed with how you were riding on the GN. Now that you have the ER6F and 'passing power' im sure you will just love the feeling when you can pull out and pass. Be the passer instead of the passee as it were....:banana:

Hi Maha man, yeh i remeber you making that comment on the poker run, i was really appreciative that you took your time to do that, oh yes i do love that passing feeling already, have to watch that power though ahe, doing good speeds and dont even realise:cool:

smudge
28th September 2007, 20:06
I been around Minnie ;)

Blairos
29th September 2007, 03:19
Nice new ride Minnie!!

Seems that so much happens when I bugger off overseas for a few weeks!

Look forward to seeing ya out there sometime! :ride:

alley cat
29th September 2007, 08:27
Ohhh thats really cool, congrats, i bet your stoked.
Beaut colour 2, bet the boys are envious!:love:

Donor
1st October 2007, 13:25
Nice toy Min!

I'm way jealous - all my plans for the license upgrade and a shiny new toy are delayed - well, the license is only 5 weeks away, but the new toy shall have to wait substantially longer meaning another 8 months on a 250!

Still, the giggly new-bike feeling WILL be mine someday, huzzah!

Happy-new-bike bling for you bud!

Minnie
1st October 2007, 20:36
Nice toy Min!

I'm way jealous - all my plans for the license upgrade and a shiny new toy are delayed - well, the license is only 5 weeks away, but the new toy shall have to wait substantially longer meaning another 8 months on a 250!

Still, the giggly new-bike feeling WILL be mine someday, huzzah!

Happy-new-bike bling for you bud!

Thanks for that Donor, i think the giggly new bike feeling will last me for years, every poor soul that happens along our farm gets dragged in to the shed, "wanna see my bike??" from reps to the vets, to friends.they prob stop visiting soon.ooooh we mite have to go in the shed again..:shit:
at least you have a 250 that will be decent to ride for a few more mths...speaking of which i still havnt seen your red bike, let me know if you heading this way or south i happily tag along on a pootle or do you do dootles:woohoo:

Silverfern
9th October 2007, 21:33
Hey its looks just gorgeous! I'm interested to know if you have had some of the paddng taken out of the seat/forks altered to make it lower? I'm only 5ft 3' and wonder how tall you are? Safe riding :)

Minnie
10th October 2007, 06:32
Hey its looks just gorgeous! I'm interested to know if you have had some of the paddng taken out of the seat/forks altered to make it lower? I'm only 5ft 3' and wonder how tall you are? Safe riding :)

Hi Silverfern, thanks for that, no i have not had it lowered, i am only 5ft 3-5ft 4 i think, it is a bit on the tall side but all bikes were for me unless i got a low seat cruiser, i can get the balls of my feet down , and find that with the light weight of the bike it is very managable for me, unlike some of the other heavier bikes. i just cant park with a downhill slope, ha ha

Livvy
1st November 2007, 06:30
Yay, it's such an awesome feeling getting a bike. I envy you though, I still haven't even got my licence! My partner rides my Ninja GPX 250 and takes me pillion, because I haven't found the time to get a time organised to do my practical.
My friend has a GN250 though, having hung around a lot of bikers by now it sounds as though they're damn good learner bikes, but I think if she upgrades before me I'll cry, seeing as I kept saying to her to get a motorbike.
Argh, so jealous! You'll look wonderful on a bike like that...

Meanie
1st November 2007, 08:16
Welcome to KB Livvy
Find the time to sit you mc licence its well worth it

Minnie
6th November 2007, 19:33
just a quick update, i got passed my full moterbike license today, yay!!! so am now legal to ride my bike, am very stoked, was soooo nervous!!!

and welcome to KB Livvy:yes:

Meanie
6th November 2007, 19:46
just a quick update, i got passed my full moterbike license today, yay!!! so am now legal to ride my bike, am very stoked, was soooo nervous!!!

and welcome to KB Livvy:yes:

Wohoo great stuff :clap:
I can remember getting mine like it was yesterday but sadly it was a few decades ago :weep:

Number One
9th November 2007, 19:17
Congrats on getting your full license. How cool! You must be wrapt especially being able to ride yer bike legally now. I stupidly procrastinated and never got around to paying for my full (back when all you had to do was wait out your time on a Restricted license) then before I got round to it I decided to have a baby (now almost 4). Haven't owned my own ride since then...sniff sniff. Thankfully hubby is keen for his girl to continue riding and generously lends me his SV650 so I can go for a fang (though he does have to lower it 4 me). Apart from the joy of being on two wheels I really don't like worrying about being pulled over and done for wrong class of license...talk about a terrible waste of money! They are nice and easy to ride after all - definately easier then some of the small bikes I've riden over the years.

Zuki Bandit
9th November 2007, 19:24
Congrats on the new ride Minnie:2thumbsup

Minnie
10th November 2007, 14:48
Congrats on getting your full license. How cool! You must be wrapt especially being able to ride yer bike legally now. I stupidly procrastinated and never got around to paying for my full (back when all you had to do was wait out your time on a Restricted license) then before I got round to it I decided to have a baby (now almost 4). Haven't owned my own ride since then...sniff sniff. Thankfully hubby is keen for his girl to continue riding and generously lends me his SV650 so I can go for a fang (though he does have to lower it 4 me). Apart from the joy of being on two wheels I really don't like worrying about being pulled over and done for wrong class of license...talk about a terrible waste of money! They are nice and easy to ride after all - definately easier then some of the small bikes I've riden over the years.

Thanks for the congrats everyone and welcome to KB number one, good on you for still riding even though you have a little one, take the time to get your license if you can, i should have got mine 100years ago when it was a very simple task, but never did so have had to take the long way round, even with defensive driving course to speed things up, am glad i have though as yes i dont need to worry about being caught now, am planning a bit of a ticky tour round the north island soon hopefully, was wondering how seriously Mr plod would have taken my rarotongan license if i needed to show it:innocent:,

well i had a great ride around waiheke island last weekend with our new motor bike club out this way was certainly good experience with gravel roads and pouring rain thrown in for good measure, next weekend we are off down to the forgotton highway and whangamomona(sp?) so am getting lots of good fun out of my bike so far.....yay.........

hgmiers
10th May 2008, 19:39

Nice bike there Clare. Jumped on to see if I could find you. Can you reach the ground on it? (Haha)
Cheers,
Roger

Minnie
11th May 2008, 20:52
Nice bike there Clare. Jumped on to see if I could find you. Can you reach the ground on it? (Haha)
Cheers,
Roger

ha ha ya cheeky bugger, yes i can actually, not sure if you could though, (he he he)

hgmiers
12th May 2008, 21:24
ha ha ya cheeky bugger, yes i can actually, not sure if you could though, (he he he)
Nah, the Softail is really low to the ground - good for short people. Does Neil ride as well? Good to see you are enjoying it.

zeocen
14th May 2008, 15:50
Hooray for ER6s! I saw the light! Need to get out on a ride Minnie so our bikes can have a chat together.

Minnie
15th May 2008, 06:52
Hey cool Zeocen!!! what made you decide to get one of thoses as well as your bigger bike??, is it one of the new cool lime green colours?? sorry but i have to ask im a female, ha ha ha. flick me a pm love to come for a zoom with you, am due for one anytime now its been a over a week, im away from nxt wed for a couple of weeks but could prob fit one in beofre i leave if ya like
cheers Clare.

Maverick
15th May 2008, 07:30
Well come along on the 250 friendly ride on Saturday and you can see both of ours! :cool:

zeocen
15th May 2008, 09:34
Hey cool Zeocen!!! what made you decide to get one of thoses as well as your bigger bike??, is it one of the new cool lime green colours?? sorry but i have to ask im a female, ha ha ha. flick me a pm love to come for a zoom with you, am due for one anytime now its been a over a week, im away from nxt wed for a couple of weeks but could prob fit one in beofre i leave if ya like
cheers Clare.

I had a Blackbird 1100, but I traded it in at Mt Eden Motorcycles and they matched the price difference with a metric crapload of Givi luggage which was awesome. Blackbird was a nice bike, but it needed nothing.. 6th gear it did it all for you, the ER6 makes you feel way more involved with the bike and cornering is so awesome, everytime I hop off I want to hop back on!! I love it, of all the litre bikes I have ridden, this bike is the most fun and I doubt I will upgrade back to a litre bike or an inline4 anytime soon.

I test road the green one, but I didn't like the colour in the end.. green ninja's are meant to be superbikes, I felt like a bit of a wannabe on a supergreen one since I am nowhere near that good :P I got the sexy black with red rims :D~

Minnie
15th May 2008, 15:35
I had a Blackbird 1100, but I traded it in at Mt Eden Motorcycles and they matched the price difference with a metric crapload of Givi luggage which was awesome. Blackbird was a nice bike, but it needed nothing.. 6th gear it did it all for you, the ER6 makes you feel way more involved with the bike and cornering is so awesome, everytime I hop off I want to hop back on!! I love it, of all the litre bikes I have ridden, this bike is the most fun and I doubt I will upgrade back to a litre bike or an inline4 anytime soon.

I test road the green one, but I didn't like the colour in the end.. green ninja's are meant to be superbikes, I felt like a bit of a wannabe on a supergreen one since I am nowhere near that good :P I got the sexy black with red rims :D~

that sounds like a great swap, yeah i love my bike too its so great in the corners when im managing well on a good day, im still thinking about getting my boots built up a tad tho, just for those slower parking moments, ha ha, have had a couple of oopsies on it

Minnie
15th May 2008, 15:38
Well come along on the 250 friendly ride on Saturday and you can see both of ours! :cool:

would love to come for a ride sat, but netball has started up again for my girls so thats the next 20-30 saturdays out unfortunetly, as far as biking goes, netballs cool to watch tho when its your sprogs playing so its all good.