PDA

View Full Version : Honda Riders Club track day Manfeild

jimbo600
26th September 2007, 19:22
Well while the rest of us were working today Me, Korea, Tazman attended the Honda riders club trackday with Aaron Slight.

Bloody awesome day. Was a bit cold and wet in the AM but things sure came right and shits'n'giggles was had by all. Cheers to Sparky Bills for inviting us and letting me have a fang on your race bike. Cheers also to Mr Slight for being a proper good fucker.

And before yea all ask, yeah the noisy GSXR owned everyone bwahahahah.

All in all a very well run track day and I recommend it to anyone who wants to have a crack at the next one.

duckaddict
26th September 2007, 19:34
HRC trackday/rider development are always very well organised, the only thing is at Taupo they usually only use the short track (not full track).

:baby:

Terminated
27th September 2007, 09:34
Having only started riding in May 2006, and now 28,000km later, the opportunity to get out on the track....[email extract]

Hello the two Robs

Thank you both for a very very enjoyable day out there at Manfeild yesterday.

Being my first time on the track was awesome, and provided another perspective of my riding technique and also the capacity of the bike. Technique: through the day I was able to focus on turn approaches, braking and counter steering – the opportunity to follow Aaron for a while was very much appreciated, please pass on my thanks. Bike capacity: I was very impressed with the CB900 Hornet and riding on the open track gave me an insight into the absolute power of the bike, being able to run the gears out and also down shifting. The braking capacity too was a very good bit of personal feedback.

Once again thank you for the day and I look forward to attending again in 2008.

Regards

Guy

Heads Up and Enjoy
Blogg Link
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/blogs/viewblog.php?userid=1728

Grub
27th September 2007, 09:42
Cheers to Sparky Bills for inviting us and letting me have a fang on your race bike. Cheers also to Mr Slight for being a proper good fucker.

Hurrrummmphhh.

The Grub owns two Hondas and has never heard of the HRC or been invited to anything. I will be mentally scarred for life. God I would have loved to have been there!

Clivoris
1st October 2007, 21:41
Crap. I had that day off work too:crybaby:

Leong
2nd October 2007, 08:38
Good to see you keeping up the Blue/White GSXR presence there Jimbo... Midweek at Manfeild was just too hard from Auckland though it would have been good to do a different track with Aaron. He's a good instructor eh...

Finally agreed to do the HRC South Island tour next year - reason? Includes a HRC Trackday at Ruapuna with Aaron Slight!! :chase: :2thumbsup

merv
2nd October 2007, 12:01
Hurrrummmphhh.

The Grub owns two Hondas and has never heard of the HRC or been invited to anything. I will be mentally scarred for life. God I would have loved to have been there!

Mate I saved my 5,000th post to post this link for you http://www.hondaridersclub.co.nz/Default.asp?PageId=40 anyone with a Honda can join.

Check the events list for upcoming things you might like. Here's the riders development days page http://www.hondaridersclub.co.nz/events.asp?pageid=150&catid=18

Don't know why they let Jimbo turn up at Manfeild but then I guess it just shows Sparky is a nice chap even to those that ride another brand.

MotoGirl
2nd October 2007, 12:32
Mate I saved my 5,000th post to post this link for you http://www.hondaridersclub.co.nz/Default.asp?PageId=40 anyone with a Honda can join.

Or go buy a Honda and you'll be joined to it automatically. I always got invited to track days etc when I owned the VTR, but they didn't have Mr. Slight back then so I didn't bother.

pritch
2nd October 2007, 14:22
The Grub owns two Hondas and has never heard of the HRC

There are good reasons for joining:
The HRCNZ insurance scheme has advantages.
There is a 24/7 0800 number breakdown service, although riding a Honda you are unlikely to need that.

There is a SI tour, the 2007 version featured on KB earlier this year :whistle:

If you want to go to the MotoGP @ Phillip Island this really is the way to go...

Membership is free for 12 months with a new bike but thereafter 24/7 thing is worth the money on its own.