PDA

View Full Version : a great place...

stunz
11th October 2004, 20:14
Hello,
I been riding bikes since 9 yrs old, admittedly, my first ride was a three wheeler home-made "gnat" on my uncles farm, but learned mostly on an old CB125. Have come off a few times over the years but no major injuries. Don't race and don't offroad anymore cos the one time I did get seriously injured, it was car versus truck, and doh! wouldn't you know it, I was in the car...

Took some time out over the last five or so years to get the mortgage on an affordable? level, and started riding again about a year and half ago.
Have owned several CB550's, 500's, A range of XR's, one of the first Suzuki RG500's (that was a blast!) an RD350, (urk, don't let me go down that road again...) and several other monstrosities including an RM250 that had a mind of its own and I actually had to kill it with a sledge-hammer while it was in its death throes...

Anyhoo, have been riding an FZR 250 into the city everyday since then, (yep, thas right, a 250, AND on a full since 18yrs old, but for riding in rush hour traffic, narrow is good...) and sometimes get out on the weekend down the Coast Road (short, sweet and quick...excellent cambers...) or over one of the many hills around Wellington, if I'm not vegetating in front of the tube watching Superbikes on sky (about time they put something decent on that square, noisy contraption in the corner the kids find so fascinating!)

Well, trying to find some bike parts and came across this site, so all my searching has not been in vain. Looks like a great place with a lot of great people.

Take care out there, because they always claim they didn't see ya...
Stu

wari
11th October 2004, 20:20
HUllo STu ... :spudwave:

HEres your starter packe ... :moon: ... use it wisely mate ...

Hitcher
11th October 2004, 20:26
Stunz - welcome to our gargre! I remember well the Gnat, a three-wheeler with tiller steering. These were "mass" produced and quite popular with sheep farmers in the mid 1970s. They tended to bottom-out pretty easily and were rather exciting when traversing steep hillsides. However the centre of gravity was sufficiently low that they were impossible to roll.

badlieutenant
11th October 2004, 20:29
hey stu :D
your've had the wari wellcome :moon: so now you know what to expect

dangerous
11th October 2004, 20:34
welcome aboard stunz, watch that wari fella hes not the sharpest on the key board and is always keen to show ya his ass..... bit of a worry really as he is kinda one of the bosses around here :niceone:

Her_C4
11th October 2004, 20:36
Hiya Stu,

Welcome aboard! :doobey:

Pretty cool bunch of people that are prepared to share interesting viewpoints lurk around this 'ere site. :rockon:

Pull up a pew and stay a while :wavey:

wari
11th October 2004, 20:49
MOre ofan alpha-ramm thana boss ...

NOthing gits parst me ... nothin' ...

I SEe everythin' ...

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/images/customavatars/avatar24_6.gif

Ms Piggy
11th October 2004, 21:19
Welcome along mate - good to see another Wellingtonian :spudwave: Keep ypur eyes peeled b/c there are usually one or four going for a ride here there and over the Rimutakas. This is a most excellent place for meeting some excellent folks who ride two wheels.

StoneChucker
11th October 2004, 21:48
As CSL said, nice to have another Wgtnian :) I look forward to going riding with you someday, there's plenty of organised rides, so come along when you can.

Dave.

LB
12th October 2004, 04:20
Hi there Stunz - welcome to KB. It's a great place.

May see you around some time - but not this weekend as I'll be at the MotoGP at Phillip Island, and buying up Ducati parts (carbon fibre accessories etc, not parts as in "my bike's broken down") galore.

Lots of KBers round Wgtn, no doubt you'll meet some of us on the road some time.

White trash
12th October 2004, 07:12
Welcome Stunz.

Good to have you along for the ride. :wavey:

sAsLEX
12th October 2004, 08:11
IF your sick of sky you can check out Linda and the GP on Prime free to air!! :yes:

And welcome to the site!

stunz
12th October 2004, 10:29
May see you around some time - but not this weekend as I'll be at the MotoGP at Phillip Island,.

:cry: I want to go too!! UR so lucky! Have fun...(undoubtedly!)

Pwalo
12th October 2004, 11:54
Welcome to the site, always good to see another Wgtn bike around.

magnum
12th October 2004, 16:18
hello and welcome in :eek:

Midnight 82
15th October 2004, 07:14
:moon: Yep welcome havent meet any a-holes yet

inlinefour
27th January 2005, 23:49
Welcome and enjoy :banana: