PDA

View Full Version : Slippery Seat

2_SL0
12th October 2004, 11:18
No laughing at this question, but my god my seat is slippery. It makes me feel uncomfortable if Im gunning it. Anyone got fix for this problem.

Pwalo
12th October 2004, 11:43
My mechanic suggested spraying a bit of brake cleaner on to a clean rag to wipe over the seat. Seemed to work, and didn't do any damage.

vifferman
12th October 2004, 11:50
What are you wearing while riding? (Yeah - go ahead; laugh it up...)

Some pants are slippery than others, like my Motoline pants slide everywhere, but my leathers don't.
Brakecleaner is basically acetone, so should remove anything slippery, but given your seat is vinyl, probably not a good idea for longevity of the material. Warm soapy water would be kinder to it, as would meths.
I have heard of people that have stuck self-adhesive material of some sort (velcro? :crazy: ) to stop their pillion sliding off. Maybe you could stick the hook sided stuff on your seat and wear furry pants? :killingme

MOTOXXX
12th October 2004, 11:55
I used to have a 93 rm125 with the original seat and i used to slide all over the show. being a poor student i was cheap so i just used some "sex wax"
from the old surf board till i could afford a new seat. lol

manuboy
12th October 2004, 12:00
What are you wearing while riding? (Yeah - go ahead; laugh it up...)

Maybe you could stick the hook sided stuff on your seat and wear furry pants? :killingme

Hmm? ............

2_SL0
12th October 2004, 12:08
Manuboy have you got a price. They look just the thing. :not:

I can just hear my wife, LOLOLOL they match your pink bike. As I explain colour and style is not everything.

(Note for those unaware my bike has those damn pink decals that Yamaha were fond of in the mid 90's)

manuboy
12th October 2004, 12:16
Manuboy have you got a price. They look just the thing. :not:

I can just hear my wife, LOLOLOL they match your pink bike. As I explain colour and style is not everything.

(Note for those unaware my bike has those damn pink decals that Yamaha were fond of in the mid 90's)

Sorry mate, i know you're at the other end of the country, but i can't take the chance, you know how embarrasing it is to spot somebody wearing the same outfit... :bye:

2_SL0
12th October 2004, 13:07
Imitation is the bigest form of flattery. C'mon be buddy. :)

StoneChucker
12th October 2004, 16:52
On my learners bike, I used an Armour All protective spray on my vinyl (I think) seat, and couldn't ride properly for days/weeks. Was quicker than snot! Finally wore off...

I've learnt now, no product on seat!

Bonez
12th October 2004, 17:07
No laughing at this question, but my god my seat is slippery. It makes me feel uncomfortable if Im gunning it. Anyone got fix for this problem.
Sheepskin.

Ghost Lemur
12th October 2004, 17:21

Send a pm to Cajun. His FIN makes bike seats. I'm pretty sure you can get them made with a grippy strip down them or something.

2_SL0
12th October 2004, 17:38
Ok, I have to admit it, I may of done the same as someone else here, hehehehe.
That damn Armor......... :niceone:

marty
12th October 2004, 17:46
Send a pm to Cajun. His FIN makes bike seats. I'm pretty sure you can get them made with a grippy strip down them or something.

hmmm grippy. can you say - grippy?

Artifice
12th October 2004, 20:22
have you tried feeding it? dubbin or beeswax. the stuff you feed your leathers. probably cant harm it and could actually do some good.

p.s. if it makes your seat melt it wasn't me allrighty.
p.p.s. if it attracts bees it deffinately wasn't me.
p.p.s.mkII. If it attracts hot chix let me know.

750Y
14th October 2004, 11:51
I used to have a 93 rm125 with the original seat and i used to slide all over the show. being a poor student i was cheap so i just used some "sex wax"
from the old surf board till i could afford a new seat. lol

crack me up, that is budget dude, & you musta got it stuck to your pants too. at least it woulda stuck tho, sex wax is the best wax, used it for years.