PDA

View Full Version : Geriatric stunt starter.

Puddlejumper
29th September 2007, 22:58
What would you recommend as a start stunt bike. I'm not new to riding ( 50 and riding most of my life ) but have always been a bit conservative in my antics.All this has changed, I've hit my second childhood. I want to wheelie, stoppie, stand on my seat ....... and will probably fall off a LOT.

So I need something cheap that can take some damage but will make my learning curve easier. Something I can transfer my skills from to my Bandit 1250.

I see that pit bikes were suggested on an earlier thread. Are they all equal? Will my big bum fit on their seats? Is this my best bet or should I buy a 250? or a 400? Um did I mention cheap?

Any suggestions appreciated

Drew
30th September 2007, 17:21
My bike is an 87 FZR750, and it's pretty able at most things, only trouble is that doing stoppies it starves for gas, but any bike can be turned into a stunta, so just search around for whatever you can get a deal on.

Puddlejumper
30th September 2007, 22:07
Ta for that Drew. Guess I'l just haunt TradeMe. What I'm not sure of is whether I should get a small or a large ( cc ) bike to start with.

Drew
1st October 2007, 08:09
Ta for that Drew. Guess I'l just haunt TradeMe. What I'm not sure of is whether I should get a small or a large ( cc ) bike to start with.

Once it's geared down, a 400 is fine. You'll know from experience that the bandit will come up real easy off the throttle, but it gets real fast, real quick. with the clutch you have more control of the speed.

It's quite hard to explain ona keyboard, but there is some good info in a couple of the "how to" threads in the stunt section on here.