PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ireland

irish jamie
30th September 2007, 10:48
hi guys jamie here from ireland coming your way in janary for a 1 year working holiday.

i have a k5 1000 at the moment and i will be selling it soon to get some money for the trip.

after i get set up in auckland and hopefully get a job i will hope to buy a bike there.

so i cant wait.

so i was just wondering is there much work in auckland at the monent and how much will a 00 r1 cost me out there to buy.

Zuki Bandit
30th September 2007, 10:55
Welcome to KB Irish Jamie, your gonna love it here in NZ!:Punk:

irish jamie
30th September 2007, 10:57
hi guys just posting up an introduction to say hello to everyone.

i am coming to new zealand in january for a working holiday.

i hope to start in auckland and hopefully find a job and buy a bike asap.

so i was just wondering is there much work over there in constuction at the monent and how much would a 00 r1 cost me over there.

thanks for the help jamie :soon:

Mully
30th September 2007, 10:58
G'day,

Plenty of work in Auckland if you look.

Check www.trademe.co.nz for bike prices. Kind of like a NZ ebay.

Cheers

irish jamie
30th September 2007, 11:01
cheers guys thanks for the info

Macktheknife
30th September 2007, 11:05
Welcome to Kiwibiker Jamie, there is also plenty of jobs listed on the same, trademe site for you too.
Let us know what your travel plans are and you might be surprised at the people you meet! lol.

Aitch
30th September 2007, 11:08
might get an offer here! (for a job)(employment)

irish jamie
30th September 2007, 11:08
travel plans are leaving ireland on the 3rd of december

two weeks in thailand

three weeks in sydney

and arriving to auckland on the 10 of jan 08 :rockon:

irish jamie
30th September 2007, 11:09
might get an offer here! (for a job)(employment)

i can do any general labouring stuff
not afraid of hard work :2thumbsup

scracha
30th September 2007, 11:10
G'day,
Check www.trademe.co.nz for bike prices. Kind of like a NZ ebay.

Except it's $hite and the bikes are more expensive.

You'll be pleased to hear you won't need insurance over here. I thought the working holiday scheme was up to 2 years these days? Make sure you set aside at least a month to see the south island.

irish jamie
30th September 2007, 11:12
Except it's $hite and the bikes are more expensive.

You'll be pleased to hear you won't need insurance over here. I thought the working holiday scheme was up to 2 years these days? Make sure you set aside at least a month to see the south island.

ya i taught so too but i was told that is just aus and you have to work on a farm for three months

irish jamie
30th September 2007, 11:15
how much to do a trackday over there lads including hiring their bikes

tri boy
30th September 2007, 11:17
i can do any general labouring stuff
not afraid of hard work :2thumbsup

With that attitude you will fall into any job that takes your fancy.:niceone:
Please PM SkidMark, and give him the "learn" on work ethics.:devil2:

irish jamie
30th September 2007, 11:20
cant wait to get there

El Dopa
30th September 2007, 11:32
how much to do a trackday over there lads including hiring their bikes

Don't think you can do a track day in NZ with bike hire as well - don't think anywhere does it.

Think you might be able to in Oz. Phillip Island superbike school?

If you're around NZ in May '08, there's a good chance one of the guys on this forum will be running a trackday at Taupo (Frosty's trackday no.7). But you'll have to buy, beg, borrow or steal a bike.

Brett
30th September 2007, 11:37
cant wait to get there

Flick me a PM once your in auckland, I would be keen to take you riding through our local roads!

Cheers

irish jamie
30th September 2007, 11:43
Flick me a PM once your in auckland, I would be keen to take you riding through our local roads!

Cheers

i have to buy a bike first and i cant really spend any money on a bike untill i get a job

Brett
30th September 2007, 11:59
i have to buy a bike first and i cant really spend any money on a bike untill i get a job

No worries, I fly out to South Africa on 30 November and only get back 4th or 5th January...so some time after then maybe!

irish jamie
30th September 2007, 12:01
No worries, I fly out to South Africa on 30 November and only get back 4th or 5th January...so some time after then maybe!

thats sounds like a plan

RentaTriumph
30th September 2007, 12:25
Hi Jamie

Lots of work in construction at the moment. Not sure what your bike will cost you. What part of Ireland are you from?.

surfchick
30th September 2007, 13:56
welcome - you'll love NA and love biking here :love:
I'm going the other way! I'll be in the north for a month dec/christmas
might get as far down as easkey co/ sligo for a surf.:cold: brrr

dino3310
30th September 2007, 14:10
plenty of construction work in aucks-hams and tauranga all the industrial areas are growing rapidly or the subdivisions there growing even faster plenty of work for tradesmans and labourers.
heres a nice r1 good pricehttp://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Sports/auction-120277196.htm:scooter:

Trudes
30th September 2007, 17:29
Hiya Jamie, welcome to KB, and kiwi land soon!!:banana:

jrandom
30th September 2007, 17:43
Durka durka potato.

Welcome.

irish jamie
1st October 2007, 01:47
Hi Jamie

Lots of work in construction at the moment. Not sure what your bike will cost you. What part of Ireland are you from?.

i am from cork in southern ireland

NZsarge
1st October 2007, 08:19
Welcome for when you get here, make sure you take the time and have a good look around before you settle into a City/Town.

irish jamie
1st October 2007, 08:27
[QUOTE=NZsarge;1227204]Welcome for when you get here, make sure you take the time and have a good look around before you settle into a City/Town.[/Q

where do think a good place to look for work at the moment

NZsarge
1st October 2007, 08:35
[QUOTE=NZsarge;1227204]Welcome for when you get here, make sure you take the time and have a good look around before you settle into a City/Town.[/Q

where do think a good place to look for work at the moment

Shite mate! I come from lil' ol Dannevirke, I know nothing about employment out in the big wide world! :lol: General labouring is covering a very wide scope, it really depends on what you expect i guess. My general impression is that you should'nt find it too difficult getting a job if you're a pretty handy kinda guy. Anywhere in NZ really.

irish jamie
1st October 2007, 09:27
i cant wait to get a bike out there .i will get anything to get me on the road out there.might get a cheap 400 or something like that

NZsarge
1st October 2007, 09:39
i cant wait to get a bike out there .i will get anything to get me on the road out there.might get a cheap 400 or something like that
I don't know how the transfere of licsence status works coming from Ireland to NZ but if you're legal and you intend to do a reasonable amount of riding why don't you hold out for a 600 or bigger, i dunno just a thought. Btw learners over here are only allowed 250cc until they have thier full. As I said i'm not sure how your licsence will qualify in NZ.

irish jamie
1st October 2007, 10:09
i have a full bike licence as far as i know that will do over there

The Big J
1st October 2007, 14:00
I have family in Skibbereen!
Considering working in Cork funnily enough.

Hope you have a good time in NZ and re the licence maybe enquire at your AA about an international driving license. You should get by fine with your Irish but the int is valid 12 months in any country any may dot your 'i's legallay.

irish jamie
1st October 2007, 21:09
I have family in Skibbereen!
Considering working in Cork funnily enough.

Hope you have a good time in NZ and re the licence maybe enquire at your AA about an international driving license. You should get by fine with your Irish but the int is valid 12 months in any country any may dot your 'i's legallay.

cool i am around half a hour away from skibbereen