PDA

View Full Version : Velodrome Riding

notasothers
1st October 2007, 19:15
Not too sure if i'm putting this in the right thread but here goes anyway.

I have been eyeing up the local valedrome for quite some time...and now that the fine weather is on its way its time to give it a bit of a go.

Has anyone out there done a few laps on a valedrome before and can give any pointers... top speeds, scary moments.. run ins with the authorities...

nadroj
1st October 2007, 22:17
Used to race on the hard tracks many moons ago & trained young bro to the NZ road team by doing a little speed & sprint work on the hard track. 1st thing you will find is you can't go anywhere near as fast as one imagines especially on a big road bike. A race cycle is a lot more nimble than a motorcycle. Keep to the bottom of the track at the outside of the racing line where the banking comes in for fastest lap times.

notasothers
28th October 2007, 15:02
Just spent the past 3 hours at the velodrome with a couple of guys with pit bikes. What a load of fun. the little bikes got up to about 75km which was quite surprising. I couldnt quite crack the 100km mark on the gixxer but got damn close. Will post a vid once I eventually download if off the camera.