PDA

View Full Version : Victoria MCC Track Day Oct 20

Clivoris
1st October 2007, 21:37
The Victoria Motor Cycle Club will be running a track day on the Manfield short-circuit, on Saturday October 20th. $20 for Vic club members, $60 for non-members. Limited to 120 riders accross the usual four groups. Some of these spaces will be reserved for the volunteers who have helped run the Actrix Winter Series, otherwise it is first in first served on the day. Sign-on will start around 7.30, riders briefing at 8.45.

dhunt
2nd October 2007, 08:05
The Victoria Motor Cycle Club will be running a track day on the Manfield short-circuit, on Saturday October 20th. $20 for Vic club members, $60 for non-members. Limited to 120 riders accross the usual four groups. Some of these spaces will be reserved for the volunteers who have helped run the Actrix Winter Series, otherwise it is first in first served on the day. Sign-on will start around 7.30, riders briefing at 8.45.
Is there anything happening on the 21st? I notice on the vic club website it has fundays as the 20-21ist but I guess this has been cut down to the one day? Either way should still be fun :2thumbsup

scracha
2nd October 2007, 08:23
Can I borrow your bike and just fly down Clive :third:

Clivoris
2nd October 2007, 08:26
Is there anything happening on the 21st? I notice on the vic club website it has fundays as the 20-21ist but I guess this has been cut down to the one day? Either way should still be fun :2thumbsup

You're correct, just the one day. The sunday wasn't available in the end. Definitely looking forward to some fun. I'm hoping that our non-racing marshalls will get out for a blast.

Clivoris
2nd October 2007, 08:27
Can I borrow your bike and just fly down Clive :third:

Fly down on the Ducati. You know you want to get it out on the track.:drool:

Clivoris
16th October 2007, 07:32
Bumpity bump.

MD
16th October 2007, 16:16
Bumpity bump.

Was that the description jokingly written on the work order given to Higgins Contractors when they sealed the track? :slap: Those Guys can't take a joke.

Drew
16th October 2007, 16:18
Was that the description jokingly written on the work order given to Higgins Contractors when they sealed the track? :slap: Those Guys can't take a joke.

You're on a friggin tourer, you should smoke us all round there!

Clivoris
16th October 2007, 20:20
You're not wrong there, but I think the truck racing fullas might want to take their share of the credit too.

You're on a friggin tourer, you should smoke us all round there!

Don't encourage him, He just might.

Drew
17th October 2007, 12:25
Don't encourage him, He just might.

Not to worry bro, it's already been tested, and found the three big straights rob him of any advantage the cushy suspension might afford, but a lot of people will watch him ride away with disbelief and head hung low, the old boy punts harder than his demiener and bike would suggest.

codgyoleracer
17th October 2007, 12:29
Hairpin has been sealed now aparantly + maybe another corner or two also

Drew
17th October 2007, 12:37
Hairpin has been sealed now aparantly + maybe another corner or two also

Mint, hopefully all the corners with the new raised ripple strip. You gonna be there young fella?

codgyoleracer
17th October 2007, 12:39
Mint, hopefully all the corners with the new raised ripple strip. You gonna be there young fella?

Nope , will be scratchin my sliders on the streets of Greymouth :yes:

Drew
17th October 2007, 13:25
Nope , will be scratchin my sliders on the streets of Greymouth :yes:

Choice, good luck man.

johan
19th October 2007, 08:51
Hi!
Is anyone riding up from Wellington tomorrow morning to attend the track day? It will be my first visit to the track and I'm looking for some company and any advice I can get.

The weather forecast is looking average though.

Cheers
johan

Clivoris
19th October 2007, 09:05
Hi!
Is anyone riding up from Wellington tomorrow morning to attend the track day? It will be my first visit to the track and I'm looking for some company and any advice I can get.

Cheers
johan

Sorry mate,
going up early in the van with me daughter. Don't worry too much about the forecast either. They rarely get it right for Fielding (especially on the telly). It is often hard to tell what it's going to do until you're there. I will try and make sure we have a special briefing for anyone wanting to ask a few questions from a first timers perspective but there isn't too much to it really. Make sure you and the bike are in good nick. Take your time to get to know the track and feel comfortable. Dial up a smile and be prepared for a frustrating wait till the next track day.

RantyDave
19th October 2007, 09:05
Is anyone riding up from Wellington tomorrow morning to attend the track day?
Last time I went there was a plan to meet up at a petrol station in the morning - the (shell+maccas I think) at Mana. From memory this was a leaving 6:30 AM gig but I'll send off some PM's and see if anyone with a better memory and sense of direction than me is going.

Dave

koba
19th October 2007, 09:19
Hi!

Cheers
johan

My mates and I have all gone soft and got trailers, pathetic I know!

Weather will be fine, manfiled has a magical rain shield :)

johan
19th October 2007, 09:26
My mates and I have all gone soft and got trailers, pathetic I know!

Weather will be fine, manfiled has a magical rain shield :)

I would prefer to cage with a trailer, but I wasn't able to organise it this time.

I'll take off early and try to find the place. Does anyone have a map coordinate to where this place is?

Looking forward to see you all!

Drew
19th October 2007, 12:57
I would prefer to cage with a trailer, but I wasn't able to organise it this time.

I'll take off early and try to find the place. Does anyone have a map coordinate to where this place is?

Looking forward to see you all!

Follow highway 1 to Sanson, turn right, take the left that's signposted Feilding, follow that, hit town and turn right at the Mobile petrol staion.

It's that simple.

Str8 Jacket
19th October 2007, 14:31
Follow highway 1 to Sanson, turn right, take the left that's signposted Feilding, follow that, hit town and turn right at the Mobile petrol staion.

It's that simple.

It really is that simple! Even *I* can get there by myself and I get lost going to Te Horor Beach!!!

johan
19th October 2007, 15:09
It really is that simple! Even *I* can get there by myself and I get lost going to Te Horor Beach!!!

Sweet, it sounds like I might be able to show up after all.

Thanks all!

RantyDave
19th October 2007, 19:34
Right. So I'm meeting a mate (Neil, rides a Tuono) at Shell Mana to leave at 6:30. So if anyone wants some company come find me there - semi-tall pommie git in his 30's. Glasses. Rides a black Trumpet.

Dave

bistard
19th October 2007, 19:57
Ill give you a toot when I go past in the van,look out for a bright green hiace van

Drew
20th October 2007, 19:02
What a bloody fantastic day, thanks heaps to the club. Given the slow track conditions, and less than perfect turn one and sweaper, I was quite pleased with my times.

Thanks to Peter Tanner for his help, and the lines I learnt while tagged on behind him.

Couldn't believe the rain held off right till the end of the day.

Thanks to the marshals also, was great to see your dedication, and I'm real sorry you didn't get your track time cos of the rain.

cowboyz
20th October 2007, 19:19
From my very unprofessional viewpoint you make the trip round the track look effortless and fast. Nice job on saving the tread on your front tyre too. Very thoughtful.
I couldnt take bike out today cause life sucks but enjoyed watching Dhunt running round the track. Big ups to the increase in confidence and decrease in lap times since even a couple of months ago.

Nasty
20th October 2007, 20:42
Hey there

I had the most awesome day ... got to bed at 2.15 am after getting in from Australia and then off to the track at 7.30 am .... for the first track day on my new bike.

I can't tell how many people lapped me but I learnt so much .. thanks AJ and Grub for their help and advice ... I almost stopped panic braking and that made it more fun.

Thanks to the team responsible for the day .... well done ... a huge amount of kudos to you all.

roogazza
21st October 2007, 12:26
Cheers for the day VMCC. Only 20 bucks for members was great , but really the state of the track only warrants 20 bucks ??!!!!
The hairpin is now magic so if the rest comes up to that standard after a re seal , I'll be happy.
Spent the day watching for grooves and bumps and hoping for a little traction.
Good fun though, all the same. Gaz. :clap:

RantyDave
21st October 2007, 13:28
Cheers for the day VMCC.
Likewise, awesome day out.

The hairpin is now magic so if the rest comes up to that standard after a re seal , I'll be happy.
I think we might be kidding ourselves on that one. I think that was it. I suspect the track makes most of it's money from corporate boxes for V8's and truck racing - neither of which really need the track to be much better than the shoddy state it's in now.

Dave

Drew
21st October 2007, 20:53
Spent the day watching for grooves and bumps and hoping for a little traction.
It was pretty damn sticky all things considered, my lines (as bad as they may be) took me over all three of the grooves in turn one, and I used the ashphalt on the ripple strip like a berm, and I wasn't having any huge traction concerns.

I think we might be kidding ourselves on that one. I think that was it. I suspect the track makes most of it's money from corporate boxes for V8's and truck racing - neither of which really need the track to be much better than the shoddy state it's in now.

Dave

Did you notice the new ripple strips round inside and outside of turn one and the sweaper? That's the first step to resurfacing the corners. It's what they did to the hairpin before it got done.

Also, the trucks aren't going there anymore I'm told, and the V8s prefer a nice surface too.

johan
22nd October 2007, 10:44
Here's another big Thank You to VMCC!

Never been on a track before, and after making a lot of noise here trying to get my head around the things involved going to the track, I ended up having a blast all day long. So much fun!
I took took my Monster to the track and gradually build up my confidence in the corners and at the end I was dragging the Arrows on the ground and had to rain back on the big grin on my face and slow down. I signed up in the medium group which turned out to be a pretty good choice I think.

Riding on the track, being able to explore yours and the bike's limits, without having to worry about any traffic, has really changed my attitude about riding on the open roads. The road is about going from point A to B safely while enjoying the view and environment, the track is where I will improve my cornering skills and accelerate like the wind!

It was really inspiring to see the faster groups showing what a good rider and bike is able to do with the track.

Next time I'll take my sport bike to the track and start to explore this bike too.

I'm really hooked and can't wait the get back to the track again!

ps. Big thanks to the people in this forum for helping out a noob!

Cheers
johan

flame
22nd October 2007, 11:33
Awesome day! Thanks heaps VMCC, Clive, all of the organizers, helpers and marshalls, you did a great job and it was a super well run day that we really enjoyed. Love the new hairpin. Even though it was a cold track I'm stoked I managed a new PB laptime:banana:

Thanks heap Hels (Str8 jacket) for sitting out there all day marshalling at the Hairpin freezing your butt off and taking pics for us with our crappy $2 camara:niceone:

heres some pics.....blurry coz the camara is shite, but those of you pictured will probably like to av a lookie.

Pic 1 Drew
2 Joe
3 Weasel
4 Mikey G
5 Nick
6 me and sum1

roogazza
22nd October 2007, 14:02
It was pretty damn sticky all things considered, my lines (as bad as they may be) took me over all three of the grooves in turn one, and I used the ashphalt on the ripple strip like a berm, and I wasn't having any huge traction concerns.

I got going in the third session with a clear track and no one came by !!!! So I must have got the grooves and bumps out of my head ?
But I must admit I'd like to sample something with Ohlins and tyres that grip.
(trick looking bikes you guys have got) Good on ya, make the most of it . Gaz.

Clivoris
22nd October 2007, 18:36
Thanks for the thanks peoples. We always appreciate it. From my perspective I thought that the riders all did an excellent job of keeping the day safe by riding well. Another VMCC event without the need for ambo intervention. Warms my heart it does.

Str8 Jacket
22nd October 2007, 20:14
Thanks heap Hels (Str8 jacket) for sitting out there all day marshalling at the Hairpin freezing your butt off and taking pics for us with our crappy $2 camara:niceone:

Sweet as chick! They arent actually all that bad. I love the one of Drew!

ajturbo
22nd October 2007, 21:49
Sweet as chick! They arent actually all that bad. I love the one of Drew!

hell yes ... that one of drew is GREAT... how the hell do you do that.... AND stay on???....

dhunt
23rd October 2007, 08:04
Man what an awesome day. The new hair pin is awesome although I still need to work on going faster through it. The weather was awesome while I was on the track which also helps.

Thanks guys for making this day go so well & smoothly. A pity the rain didn't hold off to let you have a go afterwards.

et al
23rd October 2007, 12:05
Thanks VMCC for a great day, you put on a professionally run event as usual - you guys are really on to it. Was sorry for you that the rain came down before you could get your well deserved turn on the track. Big thanks also to Motomart and Craig for letting me test ride their 749R - that is an awesome bike and was an absolute joy to ride. I thought I was doing OK on it until a freight train of 150s flew past me (very humbling)!

Drew
23rd October 2007, 15:07
hell yes ... that one of drew is GREAT... how the hell do you do that.... AND stay on???....

Ya climb off, and pray to Alah that the bike will control itself.

ajturbo
23rd October 2007, 19:37
Ya climb off, and pray to Alah that the bike will control itself.

so all the praise that you get really should be for the bike????:Pokey::lol:

Drew
23rd October 2007, 19:44
so all the praise that you get really should be for the bike????:Pokey::lol:

Probably should.

MikeyG
25th October 2007, 09:43
Cheers to Helen and Vicki for the pic, a bigger bike really is slimming.

Anyone got pics of the ginny going round the track?

Str8 Jacket
25th October 2007, 12:10
Cheers to Helen and Vicki for the pic, a bigger bike really is slimming.

Anyone got pics of the ginny going round the track?

Ask AJ.... I think I got a few of you on Lukes camera....