PDA

View Full Version : Jail for motorist in biker smash

Bob
12th October 2004, 23:59
A driver who seriously injured a motorcyclist after crashing into him has been convicted of dangerous driving and jailed for 18 months.

Andrew Oades was hit by 39-year-old Mark Golding's car when it crossed the central reservation on the A3, Surrey. The Old Bailey heard Golding, formerly of Guildford, Surrey, had been trying to push another motorist off the road.

Judge Anthony Morris said: "Mr Oades has suffered devastating injuries which have ruined his life. This was a deliberate and reckless piece of driving."

Golding, who has SEVENTEEN previous convictions was also banned from driving for five years. The dangerous driving sentence will run concurrently with a previous life term he received for grievous bodily harm.

rodgerd
13th October 2004, 06:37
Golding, who has SEVENTEEN previous convictions was also banned from driving for five years. The dangerous driving sentence will run concurrently with a previous life term he received for grievous bodily harm.

Five years? What a bloody joke.

T.I.E
13th October 2004, 07:07
5years and 18 months in jail and after all those convictions? he shouldn't have a licence at all. it's the same here in new zealand. motorist killed 6months loss of licence or two years in jail.
If they all rode a bike maybe they would be more consious of the road and of others.
ive been riding in auckland traffic for so long and swear so poor bugger is gonna get it when i snap. :mad:

rodgerd
13th October 2004, 09:03
5years and 18 months in jail and after all those convictions? he shouldn't have a licence at all. it's the same here in new zealand. motorist killed 6months loss of licence or two years in jail.
If they all rode a bike maybe they would be more consious of the road and of others.
ive been riding in auckland traffic for so long and swear so poor bugger is gonna get it when i snap. :mad:

If I shoot a rifle in someone's general direction, I'll most likely never be allowed a firearms license again. If I kill someone with my car while speeding down the wrong side of the road while liquored up, I'll probably get my license back.

Pwalo
13th October 2004, 10:21

WTF. He's got a previous life term! And he's out and about! And trying to drive someone off the road! Just as well he didn't do anything serious then.

That is just scary. The guy is obviously a complete head case. This is a genuine news article Bob?

Ghost Lemur
13th October 2004, 14:23
WTF. He's got a previous life term! And he's out and about! And trying to drive someone off the road! Just as well he didn't do anything serious then.

That is just scary. The guy is obviously a complete head case. This is a genuine news article Bob?

The life sentence is for the grevious bodily harm, which is probably for the same accident. IE he had multiple charges laid against him.

Gotta agree though if this guy ever sees the outside of a prison he certainly should NEVER allowed to be behind the wheel of a vehicle.

Personally I'd be serious disenclined(?) to let him even have a push bike.

Blakamin
13th October 2004, 15:15
Gotta agree though if this guy ever sees the outside of a prison he certainly should NEVER allowed to be behind the wheel of a vehicle.

The thing is, people like that dont give a shit if they have a licence or not... how can you keep them outta cars?

Bandito
13th October 2004, 16:13
The thing is, people like that dont give a shit if they have a licence or not... how can you keep them outta cars?
Lock 'em up for longer periods,that 'ill do it!

Blakamin
13th October 2004, 16:22
Lock 'em up for longer periods,that 'ill do it!
hehehe...if only :2thumbsup

Jackrat
13th October 2004, 17:37

Dang I told ys' already man.
Ya' dye their heads pink,an pink headed people ain't allowed to drive.
The odd thing is,by the time he gets out he'll be eligible to drive again.
If I lived in his naibourhood,I'd be planning a long distance holiday around then ;)

Ghost Lemur
13th October 2004, 18:17
hehehe...if only :2thumbsup

It's not an if only. Simple thing like caught driving while banned for life = 5 years prision. Caught again = longer still. Caught yet again = bullet (coz com'on this fucker will be costing the country a fortune by now, not to mention the potential for this fool to reproduce and this increase the idiot population).

Gasman
13th October 2004, 20:00
Dang I told ys' already man.
Ya' dye their heads pink,an pink headed people ain't allowed to drive.
The odd thing is,by the time he gets out he'll be eligible to drive again.
If I lived in his naibourhood,I'd be planning a long distance holiday around then ;)Have you noticed how often that happens? e.g. 12 months jail and 12 months loss of licence, to be served concurrently. What a waste of time, as the goose will always get its licence back at the same time it gets out. Sooooooooooo, is there a major gap of logic there, or what? Maybe it's some strange law that I don't know about (very possible). Now, surely it should be xx jail, THEN loss of licence for xx years (I'm sure that must happen lots too).

Jackrat
13th October 2004, 20:08
Have you noticed how often that happens? e.g. 12 months jail and 12 months loss of licence, to be served concurrently. What a waste of time, as the goose will always get its licence back at the same time it gets out. Sooooooooooo, is there a major gap of logic there, or what? Maybe it's some strange law that I don't know about (very possible). Now, surely it should be xx jail, THEN loss of licence for xx years (I'm sure that must happen lots too).

What I've never got is the whole concurrent thing.
Said crook gets done for ten burgs,gets twelve months for each, but only does time for one,and then only does a 2 thirds anyway.Hell thats nine burgs for free.Yes definatly a (gap in logic) :crazy:

Bob
13th October 2004, 20:19

Do you honestly think I could make something like this up?

rodgerd
14th October 2004, 06:46

Make it like firearms: illegal to sell to anyone without a license.

KATWYN
14th October 2004, 08:07
he shouldn't have a licence at all. :
Since when does that stop the morons.

They need shock treatment I reakon....I saw something on tv the
other night about repeat traffic offenders someplace in the USA.As part
of their punishment, it is compulsory that they visit the city morgue and veiw what happens "after" the event of reckless driving (ie) the tidying
up and the whole process.

The general consensus from the offenders was "NEVER AGAIN will they ever
drive reckless and risk a human life". (there was about 10-12 of them)

- even one offender that was a bit egotistical (ie) he da man. Said he was only feeling sick and dizzy in the morgue because the mask thingy was blocking him from breathing properly so thats the reason why he needed to remove himself before he fainted...afterwards when he was interveiwed he said he will never drive reckless again and "didn't realise" the consequences
to other people and their family of reckless driving