PDA

View Full Version : Mikuni BSW 27

Hitman
13th October 2004, 09:42
Has anybody got an exploded view pic of the Mikuni BSW 27 carb? I cant find the workshop manual for my bike anywhere, i dont think its been converted to english from japanese. If anybody has a manual with a carb close to this one could u scan me a pic?

Cheers
Andrew

Jackrat
13th October 2004, 17:07
Has anybody got an exploded view pic of the Mikuni BSW 27 carb? I cant find the workshop manual for my bike anywhere, i dont think its been converted to english from japanese. If anybody has a manual with a carb close to this one could u scan me a pic?

Cheers
Andrew

Mate,just a thought,have you looked at Mikuni's web site yet.
Good Luck.

yessum
15th October 2004, 17:51
hey man, this is from a GSX250F manual on the net. Hope it helps.

Hitman
20th October 2004, 21:10
Ive been looking for the pilot screws, these change the mixture and should be set at 1 1/2 turns?? The opposite end of the pilot jets are screws , is that what is meant by pilot screw?

laRIKin
21st October 2004, 17:05
Ive been looking for the pilot screws, these change the mixture and should be set at 1 1/2 turns?? The opposite end of the pilot jets are screws , is that what is meant by pilot screw?

I would say of the top of my head that they mean air/fuel mixture screw.
If it is between the slide and the motor it will probably be a fuel mixture screw.
And if it is between the slid and the filter it will probably be a air mixture screw.
You should only have two screws, one will be the mixture and the other the idle speed adjustment screw.
Some carbs have the fuel mixture screw on the under side of the carb, just in
front of the float bowl.
And it can have a brass plug to, try to stop people changing it.
A small drill in the centre just though the plug and a easy out (or something
like that) and you can pull it out and you will see the screw.

Hope this clears it up for you