PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: TRX850 - Great buy

roger_doger
3rd October 2007, 11:42
Special bike - awesome sports tourer.

Selling due to financial committments.

New WOF. Ducati Mufflers (sound awesome). Higher spec brakes (braided lines and Brembo gold series callipers). Near new Metzeler sportec M1 rear tyre.

Cosmetically has a few touched up paint chips, RH muffler has had dent repaired from a low speed off.

Major service just performed (engine valve clearances adjusted). Receipts available ($700 worth). Mechanic advises that the carb slides are a bit worn and will need replacing at some point.

Viewing welcome. Regrettful sale.

MidnightMike
3rd October 2007, 11:52
Hey there, these are one of the bikes I'm considering once ive got my full licence (still a few months away)

Since theres not many of them around I'd thought I might as well ask;

Just wondering how you find the bike overall (power, accel, handling)

And if you found any little things that you had a problem with.

FilthyLuka
3rd October 2007, 12:53
sexy awesome. TRX850's are mean bikes, if i had another 2 grand, id be snapping up this bike. Someone is gonna get a sweet deal

roger_doger
3rd October 2007, 17:10
Hi MidnightMike, the bike in my opinion is awesome, I am being genuine when I say its a regretful sale. Bear in mind I do tend to get rather attached to bikes. It handles awesome, the motor being a twin has midrange power, it's not a top-end screamer. Personally I think that kind of power is better for twisty riding (less gear changing the main thing), but you will be dragged off by a modern 600 4-cylinder. The sound though makes it well and truly worth owning over a cross-4, honestly it sounds AWESOME! I haven't had any problems with it. I took it for a tour of the South Island in February and it ran like a dream the whole trip.

deanohit
3rd October 2007, 17:20
I dunno about it being dragged off by a 600/4, after seeing Mike riding his 250 (before blowing me off) he can ride and I reckon he should have no trouble keeping up on a proper bike.

Those Trex's are a cool bike, seen one at the lights one time, the sound is great.

MyGSXF
3rd October 2007, 17:24
Awesome bike dude!!! Had a couple of very enjoyable blats on a friends one (before it got destroyed by a ferkin car at a roundabout...:crybaby:)

IF I had the cash, I'd be in!! :niceone: (mental note to self.. BUY a Lotto ticket!!! :rolleyes:)

Jen :rockon:

98tls
3rd October 2007, 17:29
Lets not forget that Two Wheels voted the TRX bike of the year in 97,great bike good luck with the sale

avgas
4th October 2007, 10:08
dammit - i really wanted one of these a year ago....but they were all like 6K then.
Will keep this in mind if i happen to fall upon a couple of K

roger_doger
4th October 2007, 12:00
Cheers guys, I think it's a bargain but I need to sell so here's hoping... Thanks for the support

Coyote
8th October 2007, 06:50
dammit - i really wanted one of these a year ago....but they were all like 6K then.
Will keep this in mind if i happen to fall upon a couple of K
I was looking at them only a few months back and they were going for that much. So I got the VFR instead for $4000, spent almost $1000 on it and are still getting problems (mechanical and electrical) and the bike stores are only quoting it's worth in a trade in at $2000, and I still have $4500 of the loan to pay off :crybaby: Here's hoping it gets stolen and I might recover some money from insurance (hint hint anyone who wants an NC30).

Good luck with the sale. I would've definately been keen if only I had waited a bit longer

NZsarge
8th October 2007, 07:57
Good luck with the sale....still can't understand why you're selling a Yamaha (unless it was to buy another Yamaha) cant you sell a family member instead?:msn-wink:
btw, my bro in Oz just sold his TRX and FJR13 to buy an Aprilia....traitorous prick...you wait till he come over here at Xmas, he's for it!!

avgas
9th October 2007, 14:36
I was looking at them only a few months back and they were going for that much. So I got the VFR instead for $4000, spent almost $1000 on it and are still getting problems (mechanical and electrical) and the bike stores are only quoting it's worth in a trade in at $2000, and I still have $4500 of the loan to pay off :crybaby: Here's hoping it gets stolen and I might recover some money from insurance (hint hint anyone who wants an NC30).

Good luck with the sale. I would've definately been keen if only I had waited a bit longer
yeh you got done, i ended up getting a nice cheap FZ1. but she is a big girl in comparison to the TRX.
I still want a TRX as a second bike....or 3rd....or 4th etc
lurvely bikes to ride

Coyote
9th October 2007, 17:08
yeh you got done, i ended up getting a nice cheap FZ1. but she is a big girl in comparison to the TRX.
I still want a TRX as a second bike....or 3rd....or 4th etc
lurvely bikes to ride
Yeah, sadly. Although it looks like the creaky frame may just be headstock bearings. Here's hoping, should be a sweet bike once I've sorted it out (and if engine blows I'll look into a 450cc upgrade...)

I'm pretty keen on an FZ1 (when I'm thinking about getting a reliable bike anyway), I know of a 2001 model that's up to 130,000kms and has never had any engine troubles and is still going strong. Only problem it's had was a car backing into it and scratching some paint off the engine.

Manxman
10th October 2007, 18:58
Have you got the original cans to put back on, instead of the dinged ones?

roger_doger
11th October 2007, 12:12
No I don't. Just got the Duke ones sorry

gav
11th October 2007, 21:26
Some photos probably wouldn't go amiss ...... hint hint

fizzafulla
15th October 2007, 11:54
hi, cool t rex. Do you have some contact details? I live in palmy wouldn't mind a look at the bike. I sent you an email too. Thanks
Dan.

avgas
15th October 2007, 16:03
I'm pretty keen on an FZ1 (when I'm thinking about getting a reliable bike anyway), I know of a 2001 model that's up to 130,000kms and has never had any engine troubles and is still going strong. Only problem it's had was a car backing into it and scratching some paint off the engine.
They are good, but it depends on your riding. I really needed a bike that would sit and tour all day. The FZ does that fine. She opens up a bit too. But @ 200Kg's they are not a bike to get it wrong. I have had a few hairy moments.
If you love leaning into alot of corners and rather not have to man handle the bike all the time than i would suggest something a little lighter.....like this TRX!!!!:Punk:

HungusMaximist
15th October 2007, 20:48
My mate kept yapping about this TRX in palmy.

I'd come and check it out only if you lived closer......

Heading up to Aucks by any chance? *wink, wink*

n0regret5
12th December 2007, 20:47
Special bike - awesome sports tourer.

Selling due to financial committments.

New WOF. Ducati Mufflers (sound awesome). Higher spec brakes (braided lines and Brembo gold series callipers). Near new Metzeler sportec M1 rear tyre.

Cosmetically has a few touched up paint chips, RH muffler has had dent repaired from a low speed off.

Major service just performed (engine valve clearances adjusted). Receipts available ($700 worth). Mechanic advises that the carb slides are a bit worn and will need replacing at some point.

Viewing welcome. Regrettful sale.

hey there, i'm dead keen to check her out if she's still available! i'm currently trying to sell my bike so it'd only be a sale if mine goes..you know how it is! cheers

FilthyLuka
13th December 2007, 12:08
actually, is this bike still available?

yod
13th December 2007, 12:14
nah mate - he sold it a while back

n0regret5
14th December 2007, 11:18
dammit. ah well..on to the next twin!!
anyone know of anyone else selling a decent tl1000s for peanuts? i'm thinking $4500-$5500..road rash not an issue, want to make a streetfighter. cheers