PDA

View Full Version : I got a new baby...

Nasty
3rd October 2007, 20:36
Ok its not quite new .. but a 1996 GPZ500 has joined the Nasty and Grub Stable - and its candy apple red (colour is always my thing). This is going to lead me to sell the 1990 CBR600 and the 1983 Yamaha Virago ... but hey they have been great and done us well.

The new beast I have been riding for two days now and am loving the new sit position. I will post pics soon as we do them .. but there is one in my profile from the trademe sale!

Things I did do ... did a VIR .. the guy owned finance .. rang the company and we arranged with them and him for me to pay the finance off and then I paid him the balance once the register was cleared.

SANX .. thanks to going and having a look ... it flew through the bike shop ... he thought it was a great bike and a good buy ... the twin airhorns on the front forks apparently when pressed hard enough hit down on the front guard ... not mounted in the best place ... but may have made them seem they were bottoming out totally. weird huh :)

YAY .. I got a new bike!! and shes so pretty!

flame
3rd October 2007, 20:39
Awesome stuff Nasty! enjoy :) and i look forward to seeing you out and about on it soon.

Grub
3rd October 2007, 20:42
I got a new baby

Yeah I can't get her orf it to have a ride! Looks like I'll have to sneak a peek when we get back in 2 weeks time :scooter:

Hawkeye
3rd October 2007, 20:47
Ok its not quite new .. but a 1996 GPZ500 has joined the Nasty and Grub Stable - and its candy apple red (colour is always my thing). This is going to lead me to sell the 1990 CBR600 and the 1983 Yamaha Virago ... but hey they have been great and done us well.

The new beast I have been riding for two days now and am loving the new sit position. I will post pics soon as we do them .. but there is one in my profile from the trademe sale!

Things I did do ... did a VIR .. the guy owned finance .. rang the company and we arranged with them and him for me to pay the finance off and then I paid him the balance once the register was cleared.

SANX .. thanks to going and having a look ... it flew through the bike shop ... he thought it was a great bike and a good buy ... the twin airhorns on the front forks apparently when pressed hard enough hit down on the front guard ... not mounted in the best place ... but may have made them seem they were bottoming out totally. weird huh :)

YAY .. I got a new bike!! and shes so pretty!

Bloody hell woman, Can you not make your mind up! You change your bikes almost as regular as the weather changes. Nice bike though. But aren't you struggling for space in the garage now. Before long, Grub will be sleeping on the lawn so there's room for the bikes.

Grub
3rd October 2007, 20:49
Before long, Grub will be sleeping on the lawn so there's room for the bikes.

... and I can't work out if that will be before or after the cats. You are right though, four IS too many, the poor car has been stuck outside. We found a solution though ... have one bike in the shop at all times.

Hmmm ... but wouldn't it be cheaper to just sell one ... you think?

merv
3rd October 2007, 20:50
Before long, Grub will be sleeping on the lawn so there's room for the bikes.

'spose he'd be a grass Grub then! We're plagued with them in my lawn as it is.

Edbear
3rd October 2007, 20:51
Nice bike! Nice colour! Perhaps a fork oil change to a slightly heavier grade will help.

These have a well deserved reputation and are a great play-bike!

Hawkeye
3rd October 2007, 20:53
'spose he'd be a grass Grub then! We're plagued with them in my lawn as it is.

:lol::killingme

Her_C4
3rd October 2007, 21:01
This is going to lead me to sell the 1990 CBR600 .....

Congrats on the new bike - she looks a beauty! :scooter:

annnnnddddddd - soooo what are you selling the CBR for $$?? :devil2:

Grub
3rd October 2007, 21:14
annnnnddddddd - soooo what are you selling the CBR for $$?? :devil2:

Around the $3,500 mark. It has had over $2,000 spent on getting it in pristine condition and replacement of bits and pieces. All fuel consumption (20km/litre), history, receipts and stuff available.

I still like riding it better than my 2000 CBR600 F4 - but I'm a stubborn bastard and am determined to make the new one as good as the old.

Her_C4
3rd October 2007, 21:15
Around the $3,500 mark. It has had over $2,000 spent on getting it in pristine condition and replacement of bits and pieces.

I still like riding it better than my 2000 CBR600 F4 - but I'm a stubborn bastard and am determined to make the new one as good as the old.

Piccies please :sunny::sunny::yes:

klingon
3rd October 2007, 21:16
Congrats Nasty - what a lovely bike! :D Looking forward to pics

Kendog
3rd October 2007, 21:18
Nice :2thumbsup

Will see you out on the road soon I am sure.

Grub
3rd October 2007, 21:19
Piccies please

OK, will try and do some tomorrow night. It's so new we haven't taken any pics of her new look yet

DMNTD
3rd October 2007, 21:24
Noice one,congrad's! :2thumbsup

Hitcher
3rd October 2007, 21:55
Piccies please

Absolutely. Hurry up!

Sanx
3rd October 2007, 22:04

Glad you like it, Nasty. And yeah, wierd it is - but the important thing is it's OK and you're loving the bike.

Ride it in good health.

sunhuntin
3rd October 2007, 22:30
pics of the virago, too please. what cc is she? *sun needs a kick up the rear to get restricted, so PLEASE be pretty and bigger than 250!* *o, and cheapish too.*

:whistle:

Nasty
4th October 2007, 05:36
pics of the virago, too please. what cc is she? *sun needs a kick up the rear to get restricted, so PLEASE be pretty and bigger than 250!* *o, and cheapish too.*

:whistle:

500 and I love her :)

Nasty
4th October 2007, 05:37
Piccies please :sunny::sunny::yes:

My lover can do that today.

Trudes
4th October 2007, 06:31
Awesome Kari!! It's here, it's here!!!! Yahhhh!! Look forward to seeing you thrashing it up the Takas soon!!:scooter:

Lissa
4th October 2007, 07:26
Congrats Kari cant wait to see it. Its an awesome day over here today... so far. Maybe take her for a spin over tonight? I might be out and about, will see you soon! :niceone:

MSTRS
4th October 2007, 07:55
YT & I are pleased with this news. Well done and a good buy. Glad to have helped.

yungatart
4th October 2007, 08:24
Its gorgeous! (well, I would say that, wouldn't I?)
You will love it (well I would say that too, eh?)
More fun than a weasel down your trousers, too.
Excellent choice!

Nasty
4th October 2007, 09:16
Its gorgeous! (well, I would say that, wouldn't I?)
You will love it (well I would say that too, eh?)
More fun than a weasel down your trousers, too.
Excellent choice!

And a big thank you for having one for me to look at and helping me make my decision!!

yungatart
4th October 2007, 09:21
And a big thank you for having one for me to look at and helping me make my decision!!

You're welcome young lasssie!

Drum
4th October 2007, 10:06
YT & I are pleased with this news. Well done and a good buy. Glad to have helped.

Have you guys sold the EL yet?

yungatart
4th October 2007, 10:07
Yep! Stickchick bought it!

Nasty
4th October 2007, 10:53
Have you guys sold the EL yet?

We have a Virago if you know anyone???

BMW
4th October 2007, 17:10
Nice bike!! Hope she goes well!

Try not to kick Grub out!LOL

sunhuntin
4th October 2007, 19:58
what color is the vee-go? and hows she run? any major damage anywhere? *sun is getting very tempted*

Nasty
4th October 2007, 20:46
what color is the vee-go? and hows she run? any major damage anywhere? *sun is getting very tempted*

the bike is fantastic for one that is so old .. any of the guys here would tell you. Its a beautiful deep red ... and in my eyes is the best and the bike that taught me the most. It goes like stink. I have receipts for work I have had done ... clutch ... alternator ... services etc .. and its in for an oil change while we are overseas .. which means its at Boyles and if you are down in Welly you can see John and he will show you. In the meantime I will PM you .. and you can ring ... mum lives up that way .. so a ride may be in order on our return from the GP.

sunhuntin
4th October 2007, 21:10
will get in touch when you guys return... im always up for a ride! might have to book my restricted this week then... lol.

have a great trip, you two!