PDA

View Full Version : Need help locating rubbish trucks

quallman1234
3rd October 2007, 20:53
Hey guys i need help pinpointing the company of the rubbish truck that was carrying my stolen bike. Most rubbish companies have gps in them and possibly can see where the bike ended up.

I didnt have enough time to glance to see the name of the rubbish truck however.

All i remember is that it was Blue with like Green or yellow somewhere on it?

Any help would be great so the coppers can get the bastards.
:Police:

quallman1234
3rd October 2007, 20:56
Basically just find a bunch of photos and i say yes or no.

Thanks heaps im a looking but if more people look its much faster.

Wellington region, Pretty sure its a big brand.

Sorry i dont know my rubbish trucks haha :Offtopic::doh:

merv
3rd October 2007, 21:21
The Allbrite trucks are blue and yellow.

What about Waste Management trucks I thought they were blue and yellow as well.

Grub
3rd October 2007, 21:23
Surely the cops are onto this big time Kyle? With what you've given them, it should be a doddle.

jafar
3rd October 2007, 21:33
Basically just find a bunch of photos and i say yes or no.

Thanks heaps im a looking but if more people look its much faster.

Wellington region, Pretty sure its a big brand.

Sorry i dont know my rubbish trucks haha :Offtopic::doh:

The Allbrite trucks are blue and yellow.

What about Waste Management trucks I thought they were blue and yellow as well.

Waste Management are red & yellow.
Waste Care are blue & yellow
Oddly enough they are both operated by the same people, hope this helps

merv
3rd October 2007, 21:36

I think they're all under the Transpacific banner, Allbrite included.

jafar
3rd October 2007, 21:40
I think they're all under the Transpacific banner, Allbrite included.

I think your right there Merv, well done :niceone:

quallman1234
3rd October 2007, 21:44
Surely the cops are onto this big time Kyle? With what you've given them, it should be a doddle.
Im not too worried about my bike. I just wanna catch em really. Im sick of this shit and they are the kinda guys who looked like they were semi organized :(.

Thanks for the help so far!!!

Not sure if that is sarcastic or not?
I'm pretty sure that the cops ain't on it too much, Im sure it would help them heaps If i found out what company it was.
Ill probably approach the company my self and get the gps stuff if i can or get dad to approach them.

Did another statement tonight and The guy said he heard my call on the radio but there were no cars available at the time apparently (heard that before)

Apparently the waste managment one's are white and blue? Dad's already been there.

Ive gone to my local mobil and am getting the survillence videos tommorow if i can. (I know them rather well there)
Theres a 50% chance that the guys drove in front of the mobil station.

quallman1234
3rd October 2007, 21:45
Maybe im going a little overboard?

jafar
3rd October 2007, 21:49
Maybe im going a little overboard?

No your not going overboard, even if you don't get your bike back you might be able to get the theives charged & save someone else's bike being nicked.

Grub
3rd October 2007, 21:50
No I wasn't being sarcastic, I sort of hoped that they were indeed getting excited by all the info you've been feeding them Spotting the loading was just such brilliant luck.

Can I suggest that you don't go to the trash companies until you've talked to CIB or watchhouse. The reason is that you may alert them that you're onto them and then there will be no DT, no evidence and nobody will know nuffink.

You may have just uncovered a very organised theft ring. Who better to scout neighbourhoods than the garbo's. Alerting them could blow the whole thing.

quallman1234
3rd October 2007, 22:00
No I wasn't being sarcastic, I sort of hoped that they were indeed getting excited by all the info you've been feeding them Spotting the loading was just such brilliant luck.

Can I suggest that you don't go to the trash companies until you've talked to CIB or watchhouse. The reason is that you may alert them that you're onto them and then there will be no DT, no evidence and nobody will know nuffink.

You may have just uncovered a very organised theft ring. Who better to scout neighbourhoods than the garbo's. Alerting them could blow the whole thing.
This is true!
However i have a funny feeling with so many different people driving passed the area it was stolen could be a slight problem.
Ill keep it cool for now.

I dont have confidence in police anymore (Or did i ever? maybe when i was younger). This was kinda confirmed when i was talking to the cop today and on Monday. Its basically another case of a stolen bike report. Get a report send it in to the insurance company. Pay ya excess. Get some money for ya loss.
Man id hate to be an insurance company right now!
There are far too many thefts happening right now and the cops aint doing alot about it.

The cop (bloody nice guy) basically said at the end of it they cant really do anything about it. Dont have the time or staff to investigate it.
Probably all to busy giving out tickets?

What do you suggest i do? Have a looky at the video cameras? 'or just wait it out a bit?

Grub
3rd October 2007, 22:05
What do you suggest i do? Have a looky at the video cameras? 'or just wait it out a bit?

You're doing a magic detecting job so don't stop now ... I was thinking more about not alerting the bad guys that they've been rumbled. Everything else is fair game. I want to see these scum taken down too. The risk is that the guy in the 'office' you talk to might be the ringleader etc etc

I'm thinking media if you don't get anyone in Police to take an interest. Some of the investigative docos would love to take this up as a cause and to be seen to be the 'programme' that cracked a theft ring. I just a have a feeling in my water that this is the thin end of a very large wedge. It doesn't take much of an imagination to see these guys doing houses, cars, bikes and anything else they can turn for a buck or twenty

sunhuntin
3rd October 2007, 22:06
try and get the footage if you can, but just remember the staff who are on may not be able to access the recorder. if not, find out who can and when they will be on. if you know some of the staff, get them to back you if the video-person is reluctant to assist you.

keep on at the cops, dont let em brush you off like yesterdays donut crumbs. best of luck at least catching the pricks.

grub makes a good point, garbage people are in a perfect spot to case neighbourhoods, get a rough idea of what certain peoples movements are and when. when i had neighbours i didnt trust, i made sure to leave the house at different times so i couldnt be accurately tracked. police 10/7 might be interested as well.

Steam
3rd October 2007, 22:07
If all else fails, in the end you could offer a reward for information leading to its return, as someone is the smoko room is bound to know. I worked on those trucks a couple of times, there's no loyalty in that place.

quallman1234
3rd October 2007, 22:13
If all else fails, in the end you could offer a reward for information leading to its return, as someone is the smoko room is bound to know. I worked on those trucks a couple of times, there's no loyalty in that place.
Cheers for the information.

Thanks grub.
Ill see what happens.

I'm amazed at there little hiding spot ha ha.
I cant believe that they did it in broad day light as well (loading it in the back of the truck. The guy gave me the biggest evils when i went passed... I pretended to see nothing)
Theres some pretty dodge flats around that area.:bash:

Ill keep it relatively quiet for now. Im thinking more and more that i should just keep safe and buy a new bike. :dodge:.

Maybe dougs bandit or alex's CBR? :gob::yes:

Gubb
4th October 2007, 07:38
Theres a 50% chance that the guys drove in front of the mobil station.

Which Mobil station? I manage three of 'em.

Usarka
4th October 2007, 08:11
The cop (bloody nice guy) basically said at the end of it they cant really do anything about it. Dont have the time or staff to investigate it.

Our country must be well and truly fucked if the cops don't have time or staff to investigate this.

give it to the media.

If you ignore it you will be turning a blind eye to the theft of other peoples bikes, stereo's etc. (but agree you gotta keep safe....)

deanohit
4th October 2007, 08:23
Our country must be well and truly fucked if the cops don't have time or staff to investigate this.
give it to the media.
If you ignore it you will be turning a blind eye to the theft of other peoples bikes, stereo's etc. (but agree you gotta keep safe....)

Sorry, but I reckon hold off on the media and do all you can to find out about these pricks. Get as much as you can on them then hand it to the cops. They don't crack it after another 2 weeks, then get in contact with the journos. Sure the'll be happy with it if you hand a juicy story right into their laps. I think it was Sunday, they went after the car theft rings.

quallman1234
4th October 2007, 11:12
Which Mobil station? I manage three of 'em.

Ludlam.

Legend!

tri boy
4th October 2007, 12:01
Go to a bike wrecker, get a presentable wreck. Plant it in the same place(for bait).
Contact a young keen jouno, and set the "RAT" trap.
They won't be able to resist.
As much as I still have faith in PLOD. I can't see them solving this for you.
Stay proactive, but don't put yourself in harms way. Good Luck.

Gubb
4th October 2007, 16:11
Ludlam.

Legend!

That's one of mine, drop me a PM and set up a time to have a look at the footage.

sunhuntin
4th October 2007, 20:02
That's one of mine, drop me a PM and set up a time to have a look at the footage.

kb offically rocks!

*its a small kb after all....*

quallman1234
5th October 2007, 15:22

Thanks heaps for the help. Oh well no more leads :(.

Hopefully something will pop up otherwise bring on the new bike :2thumbsup:calm::beer:.

Hopefully see you around.

avgas
5th October 2007, 15:34
Qualman i have to give your credit, had i seen what you saw the bastards would be pulling ballpoints pens (or whatever i had handy) out of their kidneys.
You showed good reserve

peasea
5th October 2007, 15:37
Go to a bike wrecker, get a presentable wreck. Plant it in the same place(for bait).
Contact a young keen jouno, and set the "RAT" trap.
They won't be able to resist.
As much as I still have faith in PLOD. I can't see them solving this for you.
Stay proactive, but don't put yourself in harms way. Good Luck.

Good idea.
Get everything on video, you can do it at arms length, then pass it onto the cops. With all the leg-work done I doubt they'll pass up the opportuinty to make an easy bust.

Nail the bastards. The only person lower than a bike thief is someone who buys from him.

quallman1234
5th October 2007, 15:48
Qualman i have to give your credit, had i seen what you saw the bastards would be pulling ballpoints pens (or whatever i had handy) out of their kidneys.
You showed good reserve
They were bigger than me :(. Both of em. Although i could of possibly drove into one of them, The thought went though my mind.
Luckily i was reminded of the guy in the gunshot who was trying to get done for shooting a guy running at him. I figured i would get done for it. Stuipd laws. :bash:

Im liking the looks of Rosie's KRR150. That way i can continue racing streetstock next year and have a zippy communter with a fairing! (Big plus.. Man it was tiring traveling over 150km (distance not speed) on the DT!)

Im still going to miss my 9000+km's on the DT tho :(. She was a good bikey.
Never know my luck tho. The cops may even pull finger! But it probably end up on a farm like carver said in the other thread.

Aww the sad truth... Life goes on :sweatdrop:zzzz::rockon:
Hurry up insurance hehe.
I might do the RAT trap but honestly i dont have the money hehe for a piece of crap unless i have some left over from the insurance. Gotta love being a student ;).

Qkchk
11th December 2007, 21:21

Why didnt any of you get hold of me? I work for the damn company! :angry:
Yes Waste management (Transpacific Industries) work under both the Wastecare (blue and yellow) and the Waste management (bright red and yellow) trading names. Oh well seems a bit late now in helping............