PDA

View Full Version : Isn't Rugby a wonderful game-your comments please!

idb
5th October 2007, 09:43
Don't you think that the game of rugby football is just the most marvellous, exciting and all round...oooooo...I don't know...SUPER game in the world?!!!

Swoop
5th October 2007, 09:44
Is this the latest Tui billboard??

Finn
5th October 2007, 09:45
Yip, right up there with needles under your fingernails. Go All Blacks!

yungatart
5th October 2007, 09:47
Yip, right up there with needles under your fingernails. Go All Blacks!

..and boils on yer bum!

Pixie
5th October 2007, 09:47
Yes it isn't

007XX
5th October 2007, 09:54
Don't you think that the game of rugby football is just the most marvellous, exciting and all round...oooooo...I don't know...SUPER game in the world?!!!

That's a nice impersonation of the overly joyous (and false) american enthusiasm...:sick:

SpankMe
5th October 2007, 09:57
Rugby bores me shitless. Completely sick of nothing else being on TV. Would be very happy to see all ball sports banned and replaced by motor sport.

I hope the all blacks loose to France so it all ends.

idb
5th October 2007, 09:58
That's a nice impersonation of the overly joyous (and false) american enthusiasm...:sick:

It's flypaper I hope

Joni
5th October 2007, 10:01
I dont mind the sport actually... but not every single game out there, I tend to keep an eye on the more important international matches (i.e. when South Africa are playing)

My cousin was a professional rugby player, and I know how much commitment and work it takes to be at that level... so yeah when the South african Jersey runs out I like to know who won, even though I dont watch anymore.

So not sure if its a love for the game or being patriotic though?

I have however noticed the NZ public/media are a lot more rugby focussed than SA... its all blacks left and all black rights... it seems its all we hear about at the mo.

Goblin
5th October 2007, 10:03
Thugby schmugby!:angry2:

idb
5th October 2007, 10:04
... its all blacks left and all black rights...
That proves that it's a game for all people.

Joni
5th October 2007, 10:08
That proves that it's a game for all people.I dont agree... it's not a balanced approach imo.

Rugby is forced down Kiwi kids throats at school and it keeps going in other ways into adulthood... it has become close to a national obsession.

But hey thats my opinion.

I suppose I dont undertsand as in SA its not the national sport... so its not the be all and end all... yes we have a GREAT team, but life does not stop when they fail, we support them and wish them well either way. I have heard family violence increases in NZ when the All Blacks lose... wtf??

As I said, balance is a good thing.

idb
5th October 2007, 10:12
... its all blacks left and all black rights...

I dont agree... it's not a balanced approach imo.

As I said, balance is a good thing.

If they're Left and Right surely you can't get more balanced than that?

Disco Dan
5th October 2007, 10:14
Rugby bores me shitless. Completely sick of nothing else being on TV. Would be very happy to see all ball sports banned and replaced by motor sport.

what he said!!! cant agree more.

MSTRS
5th October 2007, 10:15

Yep! if only they could cancel each other out, then we could all get on with more important things!

Joni
5th October 2007, 10:15
Oh dear... Im hoping thats a piss take, and you know that was just termonology...

:thud:

I think I should go back to bed for the day...

SimJen
5th October 2007, 10:16
Its ghey!
Why would you want to be in such close proximity to guys asses.......
I'll never understand the countries devotion to it.
Motorsport is far better, but thats my opinion.

Colapop
5th October 2007, 10:20
I like rugby. I coach rugby. I enjoy watching rugby. I welcome diversity of opinion. It's good to be able to express your opinions in an open forum. I'm glad that not everybody likes the same things, that would be boring. I'm going for a ride - probably go and visit a rugby mate of mine.

SimJen
5th October 2007, 10:22
What is annoying though is how everyone expects you to be a fan, when you show no interest they seem perplexed as if you're not normal!
I had a boss once that thought badly of someone because they mentioned they had a dislike of the sport.
That sort of belittling seems to go hand in hand with the sport in general, all the other sports get smashed out of the way.

yungatart
5th October 2007, 10:27
What is annoying though is how everyone expects you to be a fan, when you show no interest they seem perplexed as if you're not normal!

Yeah, exactly!
My family are all rugby mad. My father and brothers played, my uncles and grandfather played and coached and one of my great uncles managed an AB team.
My kids broke the mold, they played soccer, hockey and canoe polo.....I badly let the side down!
I figure I'm normal... for a person like me, anyway!

Coldrider
5th October 2007, 10:28
Yep, Rugby is great, when NZ wins the world cup, Helen should call a snap election to capitalise on the euphoria.

Tank
5th October 2007, 10:30
I love rugby - but generally only watch the big games. People complain about it being on TV - big deal - change the channel.

Regardless if you like it or not - it is our national sport, and many, many, many people get a lot of enjoyment from supporting the team and watching the games.

Wishing ill fortune (like hoping they lose to the French) just because something is not your cup of tea is just a sad and pathetic outlook on life. The guys work hard, generally represent the country well, and give us something to be proud of (yep! - Im proud of our national rugby team).

Im also supportive of anyone who has the skill, and dedication to reach the top of their game and represent NZ on the world stage regardless of what sport or discipline it is.

rant over.

yungatart
5th October 2007, 10:32
Regardless if you like it or not - it is our national sport...

Then how do you explain that our national sport is played by less people at all levels than soccer?

Goblin
5th October 2007, 10:42
Regardless if you like it or not - it is our national sport, and many, many, many people get a lot of enjoyment from supporting the team and watching the games.

Wishing ill fortune (like hoping they lose to the French) just because something is not your cup of tea is just a sad and pathetic outlook on life. The guys work hard, generally represent the country well, and give us something to be proud of (yep! - Im proud of our national rugby team).
Yeah I'm really proud of the way our "Sports Heroes" conduct themselves while representing NZ. Partying 'til all hours, renting prostitutes, drunken brawling and generally behaving like the thugs they are. Beat up their wives and crash their cars while texting and being granted name suppression when they get caught by the law. Yes, they sure do represent us well! Go the all blacks!!!

Freakshow
5th October 2007, 10:42
Rugby is pushed hard in this country and it is annoying that they don't show enough footage of all the cool sports available asisting in the balance. I do like watching some of the games if I can but I have to ask as I stil don't get it, What the hell is the point of a scrum!

SpankMe
5th October 2007, 10:44
I love rugby - but generally only watch the big games. People complain about it being on TV - big deal - change the channel.

Tried that once. Went through five free to air channels and rugby was on all of them :angry2:

scumdog
5th October 2007, 10:49

Rugby?

There's a game called 'rugby'?

Sounds arbso-lootly farskinating dahling, tell me more...

Goblin
5th October 2007, 10:49
What the hell is the point of a scrum!

That's so they can feel each others packages to find out who they're gunna "hit the showers" with.:buggerd:

Ewan Oozarmy
5th October 2007, 10:50
Then how do you explain that our national sport is played by less people at all levels than soccer?

'Cause soccer is the most loved sport in the world and the young 'ens and travellers are cottoning on....

Also, you don't need to be an 18 stone monster to play it.

Tank
5th October 2007, 10:53

I dont have to - its just the way it is. We have more sparrows than Kiwis as well but I dont see them being made our national bird ;)

enigma51
5th October 2007, 10:55
Crouch and Hold!

Sounds gay to me

Tank
5th October 2007, 10:56
Tried that once. Went through five free to air channels and rugby was on all of them :angry2:

Thats gotta suck - but you have to remember TV channels put on what they think will give them viewsers so they can get revenue from advertisers - there has to be some people who like watching it otherwise TV channels will be dumping it from there schedules.

Joni
5th October 2007, 10:56
Crouch and Hold!

Sounds gay to me and then "ENGAGE"

:lol:...

You make me laugh!

Disco Dan
5th October 2007, 10:57
Whats sad is all the people that actually pay money to go watch grown men run around a grass field in their shorts and tight shirts.... ....and they think they are men?

Look at the sports in England for example, football is the national sport... theres swearing, fighting and actual skills involved.

Bring on motosports................

Coldrider
5th October 2007, 10:58
It comes down to money, money, money.

Coldrider
5th October 2007, 11:00
Whats sad is all the people that actually pay money to go watch grown men run around a grass field in their shorts and tight shirts.... ....and they think they are men?

Look at the sports in England for example, football is the national sport... theres swearing, fighting and actual skills involved.

Where else can you have a legalised bash, then have a beer with them after.

Disco Dan
5th October 2007, 11:03
Where else can you have a legalised bash, then have a beer with them after.

Exactly! At least thats "manly".

Theres no penis groping, with arms between each others legs......

Coldrider
5th October 2007, 11:11
Exactly! At least thats "manly".

Theres no penis groping, with arms between each others legs......
Some one had to say it, I said it.
Only a win of the Auld Mug can top it.

deanohit
5th October 2007, 11:14
I'm often called a true blue kiwi bloke, at least until the person calling me that finds out I'm not a fan of professional rugby, or most sports in general, like I'm any less as a person because I don't fit the mold exactly. I would rather go see a game of local people playing soccer, womans volleyball or whatever. I LOVE to watch grass roots sports like my 10y.o cousin playing rugby as they play for a love of the game, not for money or fame.

deanohit
5th October 2007, 11:21

Bring on football..................

N1CK
5th October 2007, 11:22

So your saying theres no swearing, fighting or skills involved in rugby.
It sounds like you have never played rugby. :yes:

Deviant Esq
5th October 2007, 11:28
Rugby = meh. Used to love it when I was a kid... when the All Blacks' international games were televised live on TV1 at 4am or something, we'd all set the alarm and watch the game... and be pleased when we won 9 - 3. There was no such thing as the Super 12 (or Super Rugby), and NPC games were played during the afternoon instead of in the evening. Then the Super 12 came along and *snap* it was hype hype hype hype buildup game analyse analyse... wash, rinse, repeat. Been like that ever since. Didn't take long for me to stop caring about it, esp when Canterbury won three Super 12 titles in a row (after Auckland won the first two). So yeah, rugby = meh. :mellow:

SimJen
5th October 2007, 11:33

Its not that theres no skill in Rugby, its just have you ever tried catching a ball with your foot and getting in a position to acurately pass it to someone else. Using your hands is so "old school" :girlfight:

N1CK
5th October 2007, 11:38
Its not that theres no skill in Rugby, its just have you ever tried catching a ball with your foot and getting in a position to acurately pass it to someone else. Using your hands is so "old school" :girlfight:

Well actually i have. Ive played both soccer and rugby, with a number of years in each sport.
But rugby was the best by far.

Disco Dan
5th October 2007, 11:40

nope. never. always left my sports bag at home whenever I had sports at school.

SimJen
5th October 2007, 11:41
Nice well, thats good for you!
I played both too, but found Rugby was the worst by far! :)
Each to their own.

N1CK
5th October 2007, 11:53
Well yea ok, i guess

Swoop
5th October 2007, 12:11

To bastardise a line from Rodney Dangerfield....
"I went to a fight the other day and a football game broke out!"

Yup. Bring on motorsports!

RC1
5th October 2007, 12:18
rugby sux IMHO lately you would think its the only sport being played at the moment , Bathurst this sunday got to be better than watching the ABS lose :Punk:

idb
5th October 2007, 12:19

Aw-aw-aw.........aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!
Oooeer, I think I've just...umm...you know...

Freakshow
5th October 2007, 12:25

I didn't know we had five free to air channels, you can't be counting the maori channel...?:shutup:

yungatart
5th October 2007, 12:27
I didn't know we had five free to air channels, you can't be counting the maori channel...?:shutup:

TV1, TV2, TV3, C4, and Prime...I think thats five...yep, sure is!

Oldfulla
5th October 2007, 12:40
Rugby is forced down Kiwi kids throats at school

My foot it is!!!!

As a teacher of Physical Education and Health I can tell you that this isn’t the case in the schools that I have taught in, it is fair from being forced down the student’s throats. I only teach from year 7 – 13 (form 1 – 7) so I can’t comment on what goes on in primary schools.

If I allowed most of my junior classes would love to play rugby or some form of contact sport every PE lesson. Young Teenagers, their bodies are changing into young men & women, they are testing them out (just like riding a new bike), testing their limits and they are very competitive at this age. What we are TRYING to do at this age, is encourage them to test their limits, but open their minds up to other sports, also teach them about values, rules, respect, fair play etc etc etc through sport.

All that said and done, yes Joni, rugby may well be a national obsession. If not, it has been institutionalised in NZ at the very least, and is here to stay for some time like it or not.

I myself personally, like to watch to the odd All black rugby game on TV, but find going to live matches very boring as I cant usually see the action as well as it is shown on TV. I can’t play the game as I’m too soft these days. Just like I find some motor sport very boring to watch, however given the chance I would love to give it go and be doing it instead.

It would be great if my school could afford a bunch of bikes to teach kids to ride or race on. At the very least just raise interest in the sport, but the fact of matter is they cost lots compared with some balls for rugby, soccer, netball & basketball. So ball sports will always dominate at school.

And Finally,

If people are so sick of rugby being portrayed as our national sport and plastered all over the show, break the cycle, go coach a junior a team of a different sport, raise awareness of that sport in NZ.

That’s just my 2 cents worth.

N1CK
5th October 2007, 12:55
My foot it is!!!!

As a teacher of Physical Education and Health I can tell you that this isn’t the case in the schools that I have taught in, it is fair from being forced down the student’s throats. I only teach from year 7 – 13 (form 1 – 7) so I can’t comment on what goes on in primary schools.

If I allowed most of my junior classes would love to play rugby or some form of contact sport every PE lesson. Young Teenagers, their bodies are changing into young men & women, they are testing them out (just like riding a new bike), testing their limits and they are very competitive at this age. What we are TRYING to do at this age, is encourage them to test their limits, but open their minds up to other sports, also teach them about values, rules, respect, fair play etc etc etc through sport.

All that said and done, yes Joni, rugby may well be a national obsession. If not, it has been institutionalised in NZ at the very least, and is here to stay for some time like it or not.

I myself personally, like to watch to the odd All black rugby game on TV, but find going to live matches very boring as I cant usually see the action as well as it is shown on TV. I can’t play the game as I’m too soft these days. Just like I find some motor sport very boring to watch, however given the chance I would love to give it go and be doing it instead.

It would be great if my school could afford a bunch of bikes to teach kids to ride or race on. At the very least just raise interest in the sport, but the fact of matter is they cost lots compared with some balls for rugby, soccer, netball & basketball. So ball sports will always dominate at school.

And Finally,

If people are so sick of rugby being portrayed as our national sport and plastered all over the show, break the cycle, go coach a junior a team of a different sport, raise awareness of that sport in NZ.

That’s just my 2 cents worth.

Totally agree:yes:

Goblin
5th October 2007, 13:05
Rugby is forced down Kiwi kids throats at school

My foot it is!!!!

And Finally,

That’s just my 2 cents worth.It's not just the schools. It's the media and advertising that forces it down our throats. My kids have become obsessed with the weetbix cards. It's all the rage at primary school to have the "Legends". You're not cool and wont fit in if you dont enjoy rugby and it pisses me off!:angry2:

In saying that, our local High School has changed since I was there and they now cater to ALL forms of sport. Michael Phillips was on a NZ MotoX team and has competed in a few different countries. The school now recogonises MotoX as a career option and encourages it. Same with Equestrian. My old neighbor represented the school in a National 3DE. If they did that when I was there I might have stayed at school longer. :bash:

Swoop
5th October 2007, 13:08
My kids have become obsessed with the weetbix cards.
Do they want some more?

Goblin
5th October 2007, 13:11
Do they want some more?NO!:Oi::brick:

Swoop
5th October 2007, 13:15
NO!:Oi::brick:
Oh. Ok.
I saved mine 'cause I knew someones kid/s might like them.
I'll try tardme instead.

yungatart
5th October 2007, 13:18
Oh. Ok.
I'll try tardme instead.

Pick me! My grandies are collecting them.
With hXc being on holiday and sleeping late (typical teenager) he is opting out of breakfast and in to brunch, so we are not going through the weetbix as we normally do.
They would love them

marioc
5th October 2007, 13:21
meh who cares about rugby its BATHURST this sunday!!!!!!!!

Oldfulla
5th October 2007, 13:22
Those cards haven't made it to the college level; mind you we have whole different range of social issues for students to deal with at this level. Peer pressure isn’t nice and it’s sad to hear that its happening at such young age over a bunch of cardboard cards.

idb
5th October 2007, 13:23
It's not just the schools. It's the media and advertising that forces it down our throats. My kids have become obsessed with the weetbix cards. It's all the rage at primary school to have the "Legends". You're not cool and wont fit in if you dont enjoy rugby and it pisses me off!:angry2:

But that could be said about anything that's heavily marketted at the time.
I can remember when NZ were in the soccer World Cup Finals in '82 it became a national obsession with kids...likewise America's Cup...Power Rangers...U2...Tamagotchi...Shortland St...smoking.........

Oldfulla
5th October 2007, 13:25
Bring back Marbles!!!! :jerry:

just my poor attempt to lighten the mood up :D

tri boy
5th October 2007, 13:28
Whether people like, loathe, or are indifferent to the game is of little concern really.
But it was and is a strong link to the past and future of New Zealand.
It was the chosen sport for males due to our rural background, and abundance of fields etc to play on, (as basketball has a strong hold in USA due to lack of playing fields, tarmac and school yards etc are more common).
It has helped build strong close communities, (although that has been watered down as technology has grown through the decades).
But one of its best outcomes was producing strong fit lean boys and men that could help break in a young country.
Like it or not, it is probably one of the best things that developed here.
I like it, played it in my youth,(as well as all the usual school athletics etc), and will continue to support it and other games that decrease the spread of obesity in our youth.
Good Luck All Blacks, and Silver ferns, and all national teams.:2thumbsup

mynameis
5th October 2007, 13:30
Crouch, Touch, Pause.......Feel Each Others Balls, Enagageeee !!

Hey lets face it rugby has bought more fame and fortune to this country than any other fucken sport/motosport has. So think before you wine!

And for those who like it enjoy this one :

Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!

Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!

Tenei te tangata puhuru huru

Nana nei i tiki mai

Whakawhiti te ra

A upa ... ne! ka upa ... ne!

A upane kaupane whiti te ra!

Hi !!!

tri boy
5th October 2007, 13:35
Peer pressure isn’t nice and it’s sad to hear that its happening at such young age over a bunch of cardboard cards.

Is all peer pressure bad?
I think not. Collecting players cards etc doesn't seem too bad to me, and can't parents defuse the " tanties" that kids will have if they don't have a Dan Carter card? Its not any codes fault in such cases.

yungatart
5th October 2007, 13:41

Marbles were really popular just a few years back.
A lot of primary schools round here banned them because of the fights and troubles they caused...even parents were getting in on the act, seems its okay if little Johnny wins at marbles and comes home with everyone elses, but it becomes a real issue when he loses....

Oldfulla
5th October 2007, 13:49
heh I never knew that marbles was such an issue, will be interesting to see if these weetbix cards will go the same way as the marbles did and get banned. As for peer pressure, yep not all of it is bad all the time.

Skyryder
5th October 2007, 16:05

I'm backing the Froggies just so I can give Henry 'stick.'

Skyryder

Skyryder
5th October 2007, 16:09

And they even have a centre.

Skyryder

Skyryder
5th October 2007, 16:18
meh who cares about rugby its BATHURST this sunday!!!!!!!!

Fuck that's even more boring.:(

Skyryder

yod
5th October 2007, 16:18
I'm backing the Froggies just so I can give Henry 'stick.'

Skyryder

you'll be disappointed then....

Skyryder
5th October 2007, 16:20

I'm a pocket billiards man myself

Skyryder

Skyryder
5th October 2007, 16:26
you'll be disappointed then....

Not realy. I'll just keep backing the opposition. Just to keep my interest up.

I'll say this though. It's good see nice clean paddocks like the gfame use to be played on. Makes a change from all the advertising that 'plastered' on the grounds these days.

There was a time when the game was played for the love of the game. Not any more. Now it's just eighty minutes of advertising for what ever has been painted on the grounds.

Skyryder

SVboy
5th October 2007, 16:33
Well, I seem to be a member of a very small KB rugby supporters club, but I really enjoy watching the world cup. And big ups to TV3 for laying out the $ to bring it free to air. I am not quite so naive as to forget the advertising payback for them however. Go the ABs!

Goblin
5th October 2007, 18:49
Oh. Ok.
I'll try tardme instead.No worries, thanks for the offer. We have more than enough in this house. Do you know how many weetbix growing boys go through? Fucken phenomenal!! The 10yr old appears to have great negotiation skills and scores more each week. The little fulla hasn't been bitten yet. He told me today he's sick of rugby world cup! That's my boy!

Zuki Bandit
5th October 2007, 19:43
No, cant stand the game. Im still mentally scarred from rugby jocks beating the crap out of me at college!:angry2:

Grub
5th October 2007, 20:21
I'm not sure if the OP was a piss take, it had to be ... but what a reaction.

If you read all of the posts, It looks like just 5 of the 76 posters like the game of rugby. Even though I hate the game and everything bad it stands for, I am surprised at the (almost) unanimous response from KBers the same as mine.

Legalised thuggery drags our society down to its worst level and then the media celebrate it. But bugger it, that's not as bad as it gets ... when there's no rugby on TV, there's league!?!?!?

tri boy
5th October 2007, 20:43
Legalised thuggery drags our society down to its worst level and then the media celebrate it. But bugger it, that's not as bad as it gets ... when there's no rugby on TV, there's league!?!?!?

Grub, do you really see it as thuggery, and if so have you a personal reason why?:mellow:
Not trying to have a shot at you, but thats quite a strong term to use.
Theres a few dropkicks in alot of sports, but besides them,(and they usually drop out) I don't think its that bad.

Swoop
5th October 2007, 21:13
Do they have their handbags and makeup with them on tour?

Grub
5th October 2007, 21:25
Grub, do you really see it as thuggery,.

Yeah I do. Not quite sure when but there was a rash if incidents where eyes were gouged, ears bitten off, cuts, fractures, high tackles, spear tackles and punches thrwon in slo-mo on the biggest screens money can buy.

I thought, "... if this was anywhere other than a rugby field, these guys would be in court tomorrow ..." Some of the injuries are horrific and permanent. It's the double standard that says stuff that is totally unacceptable in society, which can carry a prison sentance, is ok on the rugby field.

And don't even get me started on second division, third division an club games where the spectators start brawling and knocking out referees. The one that finally did it was the 180kg guy who assaulted one of the 14yr old players and put him in hospital. He was banned from rugby fields for life ... but never appeared in court!!

peasea
5th October 2007, 21:42

What he said, with bells on, hundreds and thousands, whipped cream and a cherry.

HTFU
5th October 2007, 21:43
Love/hate relationship with the Game for All New Zealand (I was a 10 year old sitting in the stands at Eden Park when JK ran the length of the Field against Italy).

Loved playing, coaching, refereeing, watching, talking about the game. But hate kiwi kids misconceptions about the game and the negative alcohol related activities associated with the game.

Small town Otorohanga for one could do better without its rugby dominated social scene, as would the boys at school who think their shit don't stink because they play for the First XV. They would be better off in the classroom with less focus on rugby especially if they realised they are actually bottom of the table in the B grade and most of them wouldn't have made a lot of other schools 3rd XV.

Even though I love the game I try and focus on other sports like Multisport, golf and touch. Funny thing is kids love having some other options to choose from, but most schools will look to employ rugby coaches as their PE teachers.

Just another reason I love this country - Our healthy obsession with the oval ball. :woohoo:

peasea
5th October 2007, 21:47
Rugby?

There's a game called 'rugby'?

Sounds arbso-lootly farskinating dahling, tell me more...

Okay, here's the whole story from start to finish.

Some arsehole picked up a ball and ran off.
They called it rugby and it sucked. It still does.
The end.

peasea
5th October 2007, 21:49

Mine especially.

HTFU
5th October 2007, 21:54
Breaking News.

All Blacks still don't know if they will be wearing the black or silver jersey this weekend against France. There are concerns the traditional black jersey will clash with the dark blue of France.

peasea
5th October 2007, 21:54
Yeah I do. Not quite sure when but there was a rash if incidents where eyes were gouged, ears bitten off, cuts, fractures, high tackles, spear tackles and punches thrwon in slo-mo on the biggest screens money can buy.

I thought, "... if this was anywhere other than a rugby field, these guys would be in court tomorrow ..." Some of the injuries are horrific and permanent. It's the double standard that says stuff that is totally unacceptable in society, which can carry a prison sentance, is ok on the rugby field.

And don't even get me started on second division, third division an club games where the spectators start brawling and knocking out referees. The one that finally did it was the 180kg guy who assaulted one of the 14yr old players and put him in hospital. He was banned from rugby fields for life ... but never appeared in court!!

Don't forget bum poking, the 'Hopoate Manouvere' wasn't it?

peasea
5th October 2007, 21:55
Breaking News.

All Blacks still don't know if they will be wearing the black or silver jersey this weekend against France. There are concerns the traditional black jersey will clash with the dark blue of France.

Dress them all in pink and give them a cube to play with.

HTFU
5th October 2007, 21:57
Hopoate Manouvere' wasn't it?

That would come under the "Isn't League a wonderful game-your comments please!" :Oops:

HTFU
5th October 2007, 22:00
Breaking News

Sione Lauaki may be considered to play against France now that he has been cleared for a high tackle charge. Most likely as an impact player off the bench.

peasea
5th October 2007, 22:05
That would come under the "Isn't League a wonderful game-your comments please!" :Oops:

Whats the difference? Funny-shaped ball, thirty thugs slugging it out before getting drunk and going home to bash the (pregnant) missus. It's all swings and roustabouts.

HTFU
5th October 2007, 22:11
Whats the difference? Funny-shaped ball, thirty thugs slugging it out before getting drunk and going home to bash the (pregnant) missus. It's all swings and roustabouts.

Thats True ! but have you heard that Daniel Carters gastrocnemeius looks to be ok for this weekends game against France and the All Blacks will have to be more consistent in the midfield if they want to maintain their unbeaten run at Cardiff.

xwhatsit
5th October 2007, 22:14
I like Rugby.

I watched most of the games played so far.

I ride a Honda.

peasea
5th October 2007, 22:16
Thats True ! but have you heard that Daniel Carters calf looks to be ok for this weekends game against France and the All Blacks will have to be more consistent in the midfield if they want to maintain their unbeaten run at Cardiff.

What use would a baby cow be on a rugby field?

peasea
5th October 2007, 22:18
I like Rugby.

I watched most of the games played so far.

I ride a Honda.

So this is still the land of the free. You like it, you watch (ride) it.

Good on ya, hope you enjoy every minute of both. Seriously.

I'll be watching V8's on Sunday, thinking about the Wideglide I spotted on TM.......

HTFU
5th October 2007, 22:19
baby cow?
you lost me on that one. :shifty:

peasea
5th October 2007, 22:20
baby cow? you lost me on that one. :shifty:

Daniel Carter's calf, wake up man.

Oscar
5th October 2007, 22:22

Don't judge everyone by your own family....

HTFU
5th October 2007, 22:23
Daniel Carter's calf, wake up man.

:shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty:

wake up man yourself :shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty:

peasea
5th October 2007, 22:26
Don't judge everyone by your own family....

I can honestly say that there has been no domestic violence in my family brought about by my parents or siblings. I'm the youngest of six and any violence that has occurred was brought in by outsiders.

Careful what you say, I'm extraordinarily proud of who we are.........

Oscar
5th October 2007, 22:26
:shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty:

wake up man yourself :shifty::shifty::shifty::shifty:

Hiya Rob...

How's that new scooter?

Oscar
5th October 2007, 22:28
I can honestly say that there has been no domestic violence in my family brought about by my parents or siblings. I'm the youngest of six and any violence that has occurred was brought in by outsiders.

Careful what you say, I'm extraordinarily proud of who we are.........

Why should I be careful?
You don't seem to have a problem shooting yer mouth off.

peasea
5th October 2007, 22:32
Why should I be careful?
You don't seem to have a problem shooting yer mouth off.

Oh my gawd, another one with no sense of humour. You appear tired, go to bed.

Back on topic.

To answer the original question in this thread......no I think it sucks.

Oscar
5th October 2007, 22:37
Oh my gawd, another one with no sense of humour. You appear tired, go to bed.

Back on topic.

To answer the original question in this thread......no I think it sucks.

Au contraire.
I have a great sense of humour.
You seem to have a problem with rugby, though.
Let's work through this.
Were you bullied as a child?

peasea
5th October 2007, 22:41
Thats True ! but have you heard that Daniel Carters gastrocnemeius looks to be ok for this weekends game against France and the All Blacks will have to be more consistent in the midfield if they want to maintain their unbeaten run at Cardiff.

Nice catch. Very good.

HTFU
5th October 2007, 22:43
another one with no sense of humour

I snuck in a quick edit on the calf post hence the :shifty:. I try my best with the humour but I am no Rabon Kahn.

Hiya Rob...

How's that new scooter?

Its no Versys but I will survive for now. Will see you guys on the gravel sometime next year.

Back on topic......
Yes rugby is a wonderful game.....when we win.

Oscar
5th October 2007, 22:49
I snuck in a quick edit on the calf post hence the :shifty:. I try my best with the humour but I am no Rabon Kahn.

Its no Versys but I will survive for now. Will see you guys on the gravel sometime next year.

Did you not buy the Kawa?

I'll keep you posted on our next get together.
Probably through your way next month.
Did you see our Kiwi Rider article about Awakino?

HTFU
5th October 2007, 23:05
Did you not buy the Kawa

Yeah a Kawa but not the dual purpose - got a road bike to commute up to Hamilton on until March next year, GN just wasn't cutting it. Bro will need a 250 when he gets his license in March so made sense to run one in for him :whistle:. Thinking a Versys will be the ticket for my upgrade :drool:.

yeah saw your article - was very cool. Kids from Hostel were stoked to see the Kawhia road photos when I gave them the mag at Prep to read.

Oops back on topic......go the ABs

Deviant Esq
5th October 2007, 23:11
Whats the difference? Funny-shaped ball, thirty thugs slugging it out...
Actually, in league there are only twenty six thugs slugging it out... but other than that, I'm inclined to agree with you. If it's possible I'm even more meh about league than I am about rugby: If the All Blacks are playing I can usually at least put up with the game, but I can't put up with league at all, channel gets switched.

HTFU
5th October 2007, 23:17
only twenty six thugs slugging it out.

Don't forget the interchange bench which includes another 4 per team :bleh:. Thats 34 thugs http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/aktion/action-smiley-070.gif

NZsarge
6th October 2007, 01:52

Meh...pfffft what ever...would'nt miss it if I never saw another game. WRC, Moto GP, FIM and AMA Motorcross, Superbikes, F1. These are the type of sports I find interesting to watch. You asked....

Wolf
6th October 2007, 11:47
You're quite right, I don't.

Pointless bloody game, thugby, overly violent.

I get looked at askance when I say I'm interested in firearms and related sports and told "guns are dangerous/only for murder" or some other random anti-gun drivel - but when was the last time a couple of competitors at a firearms contest turned their weapons on each other?

If you can't ride it (motorbikes, horses) or shoot it (pistols, rifles, bows, pool), it's not my scene.

As far as team/ball sports go, soccer far outclasses thugby in skill and is a lot more interesting to watch.

scumdog
6th October 2007, 12:00
If you can't ride it (motorbikes, horses) or shoot it (pistols, rifles, bows, pool), it's not my scene.

Kinda pretty close to my old KB sig there Mr W.:niceone:

Swoop
6th October 2007, 16:02
According to some wag with a sense of the wierd...
The last two world cup competitions (those that the "wonderful/skillful/favourite ab's lost)... Playing on another channel of the tv, was the movie "Anaconda".

Coincidence?

Tonight, on the "other" channel (OK, on Sky) is the movie "Snakes on a plane"...

Muahahaha.

Wolf
6th October 2007, 19:34
My foot it is!!!!

Went to primary school at 5, could already read as mum had taught me.

Teacher and kids found I preferred to read rather than play rugby. Both the teacher and the students ridiculed me for it. The teacher was one of the most active in ridiculing me. Of course, that gave the kids - especially the low IQ thugs - carte blanche to do as they liked. That translated into me getting beaten up by the other kids.

The "Rugby is God" mentality of our schooling system is abhorrent.

OK, I'm 44, perhaps things have changed in the last thirty-nine years. I fear not: went to pick up my four year old from kindy and he greeted me with "Chiefs Rule!" There was a match coming up and the kindy teachers were hyping the kids up about the game and wanted them all dressed in Waikato colours the following day.

Bear in mind, these are female teachers upholding violence and thuggery as "heroic".

Our professional rugby players are nothing but violent offenders who seem to think they can get away with what would get anyone else arrested - and according to at least one room-temperature-IQ judge, they seem to be correct.

And Finally,

Dream on! Sorry, but: bollocks.

TVNZ, radio, newpapers etc are not interested in promoting any sports other than rugby (and cricket depending on the time of the year.)

We routinely do well at a large number of sports internationally and our successes warrant at most a two-column spread and a photo (if not a by-note at the end of the sports section) and a brief mention on the late news.

Thugby gets three weeks of full-front-page coverage leading up to and reporting on the match and then analysing it afterwards.

Lots of people get their kids involved in other sports but the media is obsessed with thugby and that's the way it will always be.

Drew
6th October 2007, 19:58
Nope, it's a boring bloody game to watch, men shouldn't touch each other in the way those fellas do, it's wrong!

Tight as shorts, man love, showering together, I mean really!!! It's what's going wrong with society today.:bash:

idb
6th October 2007, 20:15
Well it's clear from this thread that rugby arouses passionate emotions in the breasts of men...and some ladies.

What an amazing game...the very mention of it has created discussion, debate, some of us have opened up and related stories from our formative years or let us all glimpse a small piece of our domestic life, we've all laughed a little, frowned a little and even engaged in a bit of on-line thuggery.
We've all exposed a little of ourselves.

For those reasons I think this thread has proven my original postulation is correct...RUGBY IS SUPER!!!

Drew
6th October 2007, 20:40
Well it's clear from this thread that rugby arouses passionate emotions in the breasts of men...and some ladies.

What an amazing game...the very mention of it has created discussion, debate, some of us have opened up and related stories from our formative years or let us all glimpse a small piece of our domestic life, we've all laughed a little, frowned a little and even engaged in a bit of on-line thuggery.
We've all exposed a little of ourselves.

For those reasons I think this thread has proven my original postulation is correct...RUGBY IS SUPER!!!

I cant fuckin argue with that, why couldn't you have just bitten at my comment like I wanted?

Honestly, it is getting harder and harder to start a shit slinging session on here by the day!!!

Oldfulla
6th October 2007, 20:53
Okay Drew I will Bite HAHAHA, but not at your comments, I'm gunna bite at Wolf a wee bit (no phun intented), let the fun begin :devil2:

Well wolf it seems your mind is set by some “bad experiences” at school. However before you generalise about schools, please do some more research, or become a teacher. You never know it maybe your calling in life :msn-wink:

I don’t dream, I do, that’s the only way things get done/changed, maybe you should try it :Pokey:

idb
6th October 2007, 21:00
I cant fuckin argue with that, why couldn't you have just bitten at my comment like I wanted?

Honestly, it is getting harder and harder to start a shit slinging session on here by the day!!!

You get a "Must try harder" Drew.

Winston001
6th October 2007, 21:49
Rugby, League, and Gridiron are all stylised forms of war. The players clash in formal battles which spectators love to watch and identify with. It is the Colosseum of the Ancients written for the modern day.

We now live in a restrained age where outlets for male vigour and hormonal drives are few.

In the distant past men fought dangers in nature and occasionally each other. Young men have a strong drive to challenge and engage in hard physical activity. It is hardwired into our brains and driven by hormones.

I enjoy watching top level rugby but don't have Sky sport and don't really care when I miss a match. Nevertheless it is an interesting sport having multi-level facets and I cannot think of another game with such variety of movement.

Soccer is balletic art at the highest level, but one-dimensional. It is quite possible for teams to play 90 minutes and no score! That bores me to sobs.

Go the ABs. :yes:

peasea
6th October 2007, 22:57

I dunno about starting them but I've been embroiled in one or two lately. Some are bloody funny but some people need to lighten up more than just a bit.

Poke the borax at a rugby nut with issues and stand back! I used to work with an all black and did he get grumpy when you asked him how the soccer went! He couldn't understand why we would get blitzed on booze and pot but our argument was we didn't wake up with cauliflower ears. (Generally speaking.) Good guy actually.

Most mature rugby fans are cool about it though, it's a bit like the HD-SB rider's banter; like I said, funny stuff generally. Love the politics over the jerseys, cracked me up, how trivial; yet it goes global! :whocares:

Kickaha
7th October 2007, 05:39
Teacher and kids found I preferred to read rather than play rugby. Both the teacher and the students ridiculed me for it. The teacher was one of the most active in ridiculing me he latter returned and apologised but we still didn't play

I had a similar situation which culminated in our teacher calling my self and 2 others who declined to play rugby "a bunch of girls" (we were about 14-15 at the time) he latter returned and apologised but we still didn't play

My standard response when someone asks me "Did you watch the All Blacks on the weekend" is What kind of motorbikes do they race?, most of my customers now know better than to even ask

Surprisingly enough when I have ventured the opinion "Rugby Sucks" on a few occasions the person who has asked me about the game has then made an admission that "they're not to keen on it themselves but it's all anyone talks about"

yod
7th October 2007, 06:10
rugby's excellent

so are motorbikes

k14
7th October 2007, 06:29
Advance australia fair.....yeah right!

Brett
7th October 2007, 08:19
Watching All Blacks vs France...this Ref is an arsehole. WTF was the sin bin for Byron for??? If we loose this will have played a massive part in it.

Wolf
7th October 2007, 08:36
Watching All Blacks vs France...this Ref is an arsehole. WTF was the sin bin for Byron for??? If we loose this will have played a massive part in it.
Diddums. Poor widdle neanderthal got sin-binned. Of course he did nothing at all to deserve any kind of disciplinary action. Oh, that's right, they're immune.

Punch the shit out of someone, off the field for a couple of minutes. Deliberately maim someone, can't play for a while.

Oh, the poor wee things, life is so hard!

Fuck, you don't have to limit it to the field. You can do it to a member of public and the judge will deem its OK because you're a "hero" and apologise for the inconvenience of forcing you to come to court.

If I punched a thief I caught in the act of stealing my stuff, I'd be charged with, and convicted of, assault.

Those thugby soft-cocks cry and moan about being "sin-binned" or banned from playing their pointless retarded game for a season.

Boo fucking hoo.

And so what if they loose? Our taxes will pay for their counseling sessions while they try to come to terms with the fact that in a game like that, someone has to "lose".

Or perhaps the media can spin it in such a way as to assuage their delicate egos like "their loss was due to that arsehole ref sin-binning Byron..."

Goblin
7th October 2007, 08:51
Diddums. Poor widdle neanderthal got sin-binned. Of course he did nothing at all to deserve any kind of disciplinary action. Oh, that's right, they're immune.

Punch the shit out of someone, off the field for a couple of minutes. Deliberately maim someone, can't play for a while.

Fuck, you don't have to limit it to the field. You can do it to a member of public and the judge will deem its OK because you're a "hero" and apologise for the inconvenience of forcing you to come to court.

If I punched a thief I caught in the act of stealing my stuff, I'd be charged with, and convicted of, assault.

Those thugby soft-cocks cry and moan about being "sin-binned" or banned from playing their pointless retarded game for a season.

Boo fucking hoo.

And so what if they loose? Our taxes will pay for their counseling sessions while they try to come to terms with the fact that in a game like that, someone has to "lose".

Or perhaps the media can spin it in such a way as to assuage their delicate egos like "their loss was due to that arsehole ref sin-binning Byron..."

Yeehaaa! GO WOLF!! Let rip mate. Give 'em both barrels!
Have given out too much rep.:rolleyes:

Brett
7th October 2007, 08:55

Boo fucking hoo.

Clearly you didn't watch the game. I assure you I am nuetral... I am South African!

deanohit
7th October 2007, 08:59
Nice on Wolf.
Well thank god thats all over. Got a friggin house full of rugby mad people all bitchin about the loss. See ya's, I'm going to sit in the shed now where theres some peace and quiet.

Wolf
7th October 2007, 09:04
Well wolf it seems your mind is set by some “bad experiences” at school. However before you generalise about schools, please do some more research, or become a teacher. You never know it maybe your calling in life :msn-wink:

I don’t dream, I do, that’s the only way things get done/changed, maybe you should try it :Pokey:
Oh, you seem to think it is acceptable for a teacher to ridicule students - I suppose, if you're anything like the PE teacher we had at one of our colleges, it's probably what you do to "encourage" slower runners or those who don't like rugby. A perfectly acceptable form of "education"?

And of course, if the other students take the teacher's outspoken ridicule of another student as tacit permission to ridicule and abuse, that's all good, eh? More "education" to make the little bastard understand the One True Faith of thugby. Perhaps you smacked around a few geeky fellow students in your time?

As for "doing":

Archery, rifle shooting, pistol shooting, fencing (that's with foils and epees, BTW, in case you thought I was merely doing farm work), table tennis (which I never got really good at) and indoor bowls (which I got good enough at to become skip and thrash the arse of other teams all through college) and, of course, an abiding love of fooling about on motorcycles.

But of course, none of the above "counts" as it's not thugby and didn't involve me punching someone in the face, biting ears or treading on them with my sprigged boots.

I do not appreciate years of continuous abuse being belittled as "bad experiences" in inverted commas. Nor do I appreciate the stuff I have done being passed off as not doing anything because it was not rugby.

And FYI, I have played rugby in the past (the distinction between "I preferred to read rather than play rugby" and "I never played rugby" seems to have eluded you) so I know full well how fucking pointless and stupid the game is compared with the OTHER SPORTS.

Any moronic oik with a fair bit of mass can pick up a ball and charge across a field.

Wolf
7th October 2007, 09:18
Nice on Wolf.
Well thank god thats all over. Got a friggin house full of rugby mad people all bitchin about the loss. See ya's, I'm going to sit in the shed now where theres some peace and quiet.
AB's lost? Oh well, off to counseling for them again, I suppose. Poor wee mites, must be so hard finding out our own self-publicity is full of shit.

Brett
7th October 2007, 09:19
Oh, you seem to think it is acceptable for a teacher to ridicule students - I suppose, if you're anything like the PE teacher we had at one of our colleges, it's probably what you do to "encourage" slower runners or those who don't like rugby. A perfectly acceptable form of "education"?

And of course, if the other students take the teachers outspoken ridicule of another student as tacit permission permission to ridicule and abuse, that's all good, eh? More "education" to make the little bastard understand the One True Faith of thugby. Perhaps you smacked around a few geeky fellow students in your time?

As for "doing":

Archery, rifle shooting, pistol shooting, fencing (that's with foils and epees, BTW, in case you thought I was merely doing farm work), table tennis (which I never got really good at) and indoor bowls (which I got good enough at to become skip and thrash the arse of other teams all through college) and, of course, an abiding love of fooling about on motorcycles.

But of course, none of the above "counts" as it's not thugby and didn't involve me punching someone in the face, biting ears or treading on them with my sprigged boots.

I do not appreciate years of continuous abuse being belittled as "bad experiences" in inverted commas. Nor do I appreciate the stuff I have done being passed off as not doing anything because it was not rugby.

And FYI, I have played rugby in the past (the distinction between "I preferred to read rather than play rugby" and "I never played rugby" seems to have eluded you) so I know full well how fucking pointless and stupid the game is compared with the OTHER SPORTS.

Any moronic oik with a fair bit of mass can pick up a ball and charge across a field.

I hear what your saying, don't agree with all of it. I don't agree in in the NCEA approach to schooling where every kid can earn 'recognition' for any activity they do regardless of how it provides future skills. But I also do not agree with the way a lot of school worship their 1st fifteen or where teachers only recognise 'talent' that they enjoy themselves or feel that the only way to encourage is through abuse. That is BS. I always seemed to spend more time despising the first fifteen guys because they were meathead morons than I did admiring any of them. Hit a few of them.
However I do like contact sports, and that includes martial arts and boxing.
Just pisses me off that now everyone at work etc. is going to be sulky on Monday.

yod
7th October 2007, 09:22

Boo fucking hoo.

jesus mate, were you gang raped by a rugby team at a young age or something??

btw...a punch had nothing to do with it

funny thing is, if you cant stand it so much, why do you even bother taking the time to write a post that long? :laugh:

Bonez
7th October 2007, 09:29
I'm off for a ride..................broom broom

yod
7th October 2007, 09:30
I'm off for a ride..................broom broom

good on ya mate...if my brakes were up to it I'd join you....ahwell

Wolf
7th October 2007, 09:41
However I do like contact sports, and that includes martial arts and boxing.
Oops, shit, forgot those. Boxing, Judo and Aikido. :rockon:

Not quite as bad but I did get regular hidings from the jocks all the way up to 4th form until I wigged out and did a bit of damage in return - after a while the rep for "crazy" got around...

The worst bit was my first primary school teacher with her outspoken derision - seems her way of "empowering" students was to empower them to pick on "nerds".

funny thing is, if you cant stand it so much, why do you even bother taking the time to write a post that long? :laugh:
hehehe. Just sick of hearing how "hard done by" our "heroes" are when they get banned from playing for deliberately inflicting a hideous injury or when they have to go to court for beating someone up at a night club or they lose to another team.

When our real heroes fail - when a family burns to death because the fire brigade can't get to them or the volunteers fail to find a person after days of tramping though snow and ice or the cops fail to stop some lout from beating his wife to death, they get "they should have done more."

yod
7th October 2007, 09:46
The worst bit was my first primary school teacher with her outspoken derision - seems her way of "empowering" students was to empower them to pick on "nerds".
now thats uncool

hehehe. Just sick of hearing how "hard done by" our "heroes" are when they get banned from playing for deliberately inflicting a hideous injury or when they have to go to court for beating someone up at a night club or they lose to another team.

When our real heroes fail - when a family burns to death because the fire brigade can't get to them or the volunteers fail to find a person after days of tramping though snow and ice or the cops fail to stop some lout from beating his wife to death, they get "they should have done more."

fair call mate but the fuss around the all blacks should never be taken that seriously anyway...and its just the media doing what they do best, sensationalising the trivial, and trivialising the sensational - its hardly the players fault

k14
7th October 2007, 10:02

btw...a punch had nothing to do with it

Yes obviously it troubles him so much he has put all this time into the thread. I think he's in denial. Must like the look of Dan or something...

In regards to the game, argh, yet again! Yeah the ref was appauling but we only have ourselves to blame. Yet again we thought we were invincible and were out played and out thought by the better team on the day. It's hard not to laugh even though it is quite depressing.

Got another long four years to think about it.

Drew
7th October 2007, 10:03
You get a "Must try harder" Drew.

Story of my life.

yod
7th October 2007, 10:38
Yes obviously it troubles him so much he has put all this time into the thread. I think he's in denial. Must like the look of Dan or something...

In regards to the game, argh, yet again! Yeah the ref was appauling but we only have ourselves to blame. Yet again we thought we were invincible and were out played and out thought by the better team on the day. It's hard not to laugh even though it is quite depressing.

Got another long four years to think about it.

yeah, the annoying thing this is that even tho we were decidedly crap in the 2nd half, we actually did do enough to win...IF the officials had their eyes open....that forward pass was so obvious you could even see it on the camera front on:laugh: i think it actually went further forward than sideways:lol:

poor guys must feel pretty ripped off....i bet the ref and the tj's are gonna feel a bit stupid when they look at a replay:laugh:

SimJen
7th October 2007, 10:53
In any sport you play the hand you are dealt (refs etc) thats how it goes.
The AB's were beaten fair and square.
If they couldn't get enough points to win, they lose.
Get over it people!
More to life than a shit game of rugby! Bikes for one!

deanohit
7th October 2007, 11:05
Did anyone notice how many people logged on once the game was over? One minute there was less than 25 people on then there were 50+ and then a thread where they're all bitchin about the loss.

yod
7th October 2007, 11:28
In any sport you play the hand you are dealt (refs etc) thats how it goes.
The AB's were beaten fair and square.
If they couldn't get enough points to win, they lose.
Get over it people!
More to life than a shit game of rugby! Bikes for one!

who says we're 'under it' ?

are we not allowed to discuss it without you coming along, stating the bleeding obvious and telling us to get over it?

if you're not interested in it, then dont post

Beemer
7th October 2007, 12:59
Never could understand the point of a pack of grown men running around a field and tackling each other to gain control of an oddly shaped ball.

Goblin
7th October 2007, 13:05
Never could understand the point of a pack of grown men running around a field and tackling each other to gain control of an oddly shaped ball.Or as a friend of mine says " A bunch of grown men running around a field, in a random and erratic fashion, chasing an odd shaped ball."

Hitcher
7th October 2007, 13:27
The most over-hyped, over-prepared, over-indulged team in the history of New Zealand sport. Soft-cock chokers.

How long before the grey jersey gets blamed?

Goblin
7th October 2007, 13:36
The most over-hyped, over-prepared, over-indulged team in the history of New Zealand sport. Soft-cock chokers.
And over-paid.:msn-wink:

Donor
7th October 2007, 13:40

I was fortunate enough to be sleeping through the game...

...but I have just come back from a friends house, and so far I have heard the following theories on why the All Blacks lost:

*The alternative strip
*Bad refereeing
*French cheating
*Ref being paid off by bookies
*Performance enhancing drugs being used by French

They were all brought up in a 2 minute conversation.

I was pretty much expelled from the premises when I mooted that it was tough shit that some of the French misdemeanors were missed, and that was it possible that they just played a better game over all.

S'funny, the English beat the Aussies by 2 points - have yet to hear the conspiracy theories about that one...

Personally, it's a game...

deanohit
7th October 2007, 13:46
The truth is they lost because the didn't get enough points on the board. Oh hang on though, the ABs are infallible, the French must have cheated, now to pour another few million bucks into preparing for the next world cup. Will have to start planning and training now to be ready.

SimJen
7th October 2007, 14:11
who says we're 'under it' ?

are we not allowed to discuss it without you coming along, stating the bleeding obvious and telling us to get over it?

if you're not interested in it, then dont post

I must have hit a nerve aye :innocent:
Can't you take losing, I see the AB's have no problem rubbing the noses of all the little teams they slaughter in 100+ points defeat.
Its about time that someone beat them and what better way than to knock them out of the world cup.
Im interested in it, just not in the same way you are.
I'll also post when I like, if you don't like it, then you can kiss my ass! :Punk:

Wolf
7th October 2007, 14:24
Funny how the ABs can tackle above the waist, pass forwards, physically assault someone else who hasn't even got the ball etc and whinge like shit if the ref does them for it and also whinge like shit if the other team does the exact same dirty manoeuvres against them.

Not one of the "rugby" matches I have seen over the last few years (and, despite my dislike of the game, in order to miss seeing something of them I'd have to be legally blind) would pass muster so far as our old head Master/Teacher/Rugby Coach/Referee would be concerned.

Under our old Head Master, every AB would have been sent off the field or penalised a number of times.

To whinge that "the French must've cheated" is arrant hypocrisy on the part of any fan that utters it because every AB they've ever watched has cheated his little arse off.

Oldfulla
7th October 2007, 15:14
Woho Wolf you really bit, hook, line and sinker :bleh:

However on a more serious note. I am sorry to hear about your bad experiences at school. But please do NOT generalise about Physical Education or teachers at school as you are only proving your lack knowledge for the PE curriculum. All this really sounding like you have some seroius issues with schooling.

Do you really think I choose or any other teacher choose this profession to ruin kids lives or put them off sport?????? I think you will find most teachers these days are very passionate about their students wellbeing and how well they acheive.

please dont comment on what I was like at high school or assume because of my profession that I was some sort of Bully at school.

If you still think that PE teachers spout rugby, have no interest in any other sport than rugby and are bullies to less able students, you are more than welcome to come and observe my classes. Just PM me if you keen & we can sort a time and day. It may just surprise you how things have changed since when you & myself were students at school.

have a nice day and stop being so god damn negative!

Yeah too bad about the rubgy, we got beaten, cant change that, move on. good luck to the French for the rest of the competition.

Cheers
Ryan

tri boy
7th October 2007, 16:08
Its been interesting reading the different responces in this and the other world cup thread, and I'm going to make a bit of a sweeping statement, so don't take it to heart if this offends.
Seems to me that the most childish and un sportsman like comments havn't come from the THUGS that support and enjoy playing/watching the game, but from those that:
a: Havn't a clue to the rules of the game. (It is a contact sport like ice hokey, boxing, zen do kai, etc).
b: I havn't witnessed any THUG like tactics in any of the games,(if you take the true meaning of the word, and frankly I'm sick of people using it).
c: The fans are a huge cross section of the planets soceity, and since most people who are whining about the game would also probably agree that European culture is way more refined than the colonies, WHY DOES EUROPE EMBRACE THE GAME?
d: People if you don't like it, please allow those that do enjoy the highs and lows, because frankly, you are the ones who sound ignorant and uneducated.
There is a real negative attitude developing in NZ, and if people don't start developing a better approach to celebrating all things that can lift the countries spirit, then we will be doomed to a soceity similar to Englands, where people seem to feel disinfranchised in the country that raised them.
Rugby is just another sport. Enjoy or ignore. Period.

yod
7th October 2007, 16:40
I must have hit a nerve aye :innocent:
Can't you take losing, I see the AB's have no problem rubbing the noses of all the little teams they slaughter in 100+ points defeat.
Its about time that someone beat them and what better way than to knock them out of the world cup.
Im interested in it, just not in the same way you are.
I'll also post when I like, if you don't like it, then you can kiss my ass! :Punk:

wow...you really are full of it

i can take losing, i cant take idiots telling me to "get over it" - explain to me what the point of "get over it" is....what a pointless load of drivel, if thats your idea of constructive discourse then I'm sorry for you

AB's rubbing it in???? when did this happen? seriously, tell us all when it happened...I'd love to know...

why is it about time someone beat them?? what, because they win a lot? what sort of pointless reasoning is that? its pretty obvious you have a big case of underdog syndrome and just like attacking the tall poppy

so your main interest in rugby is what; jumping in the middle of a debate and giving those involved shit about the team they support when that team loses? man, you are saaaad :laugh:

tri-boy is exactly right

Sollyboy
7th October 2007, 16:48
Choice one the All Blacks lost , its a great result all round and a victory for all us folk that would prefer to put their own cock in a vice rather than listen to some dipshit talk about the footy

325rocket
7th October 2007, 17:11
it always cracks me up how many people feel they have to tell everyone how much they hate rugby, V8 racing, football, hondas ... whatever the topic is in a thread. if you really dont like rugby why read or post shit like "im stoked they lost" ... bla bla bla in this thread? why do you feel you have to stamp your mark and tell the world how crap rugby is and how overrated the all blacks are?
as a country were great at this and its getting worse. say what you want about the yanks but there patriotic, almost to a fault and good on them.
personally i support anything that puts new zealand on the world stage and like it or not we are very good at rugby and its one of the few sports we can hold our own against any other country in the world!
anyway ,,, bla bla bla i guess im just a proud kiwi

Sollyboy
7th October 2007, 17:30
it always cracks me up how many people feel they have to tell everyone how much they hate rugby, V8 racing, football, hondas ... whatever the topic is in a thread. if you really dont like rugby why read or post shit like "im stoked they lost" ... bla bla bla in this thread? why do you feel you have to stamp your mark and tell the world how crap rugby is and how overrated the all blacks are?
as a country were great at this and its getting worse. say what you want about the yanks but there patriotic, almost to a fault and good on them.
personally i support anything that puts new zealand on the world stage and like it or not we are very good at rugby and its one of the few sports we can hold our own against any other country in the world!
anyway ,,, bla bla bla i guess im just a proud kiwi

The thread invited comments , was it just meant to be positive comments?
This is a motorcycle forum so chances are theres going to be a lot of peeps that hate rugby. I particularly hate rugby cause im sick of every cunt assuming I want to talk about it at work or at the beach or standing in line waiting to pay for gas , I think it might be time to find something else for this country to be famous for , how about motorcycling for instance , who remembers the days of Slight and Crafar it was a good start but was never followed thru , the govt could spare a few bucks to support grass roots racing , instead these twats would rather spend $100,000,000 doing up a stadium for rugby . Just look at the Aussies and top blokes like stoner and mugeridge , why cant we have racers of that calibre , the aussies should be proud

tri boy
7th October 2007, 17:42
This is a motorcycle forum so chances are theres going to be a lot of peeps that hate rugby. I particularly hate rugby cause im sick of every cunt assuming I want to talk about it at work or at the beach or standing in line waiting to pay for gas , I think it might be time to find something else for this country to be famous for , how about motorcycling for instance , who remembers the days of Slight and Crafar it was a good start but was never followed thru , the govt could spare a few bucks to support grass roots racing , instead these twats would rather spend $100,000,000 doing up a stadium for rugby . Just look at the Aussies and top blokes like stoner and mugeridge , why cant we have racers of that calibre , the aussies should be proud

Oh hell, I give up. The brain robbers have control:thud:.

Goblin
7th October 2007, 17:53
This is a motorcycle forum so chances are theres going to be a lot of peeps that hate rugby. I particularly hate rugby cause im sick of every cunt assuming I want to talk about it at work or at the beach or standing in line waiting to pay for gas , I think it might be time to find something else for this country to be famous for , how about motorcycling for instance ....Yeah like 2X World Champion Womens MotoXer Katherine Prumm or any of our MotoX Legends. Do they get any recognition or media coverage? SFA!

Wolf
7th October 2007, 18:22
i support anything that puts new zealand on the world stage and like it or not we are very good at rugby and its one of the few sports we can hold our own against any other country in the world!
No, it's merely the only sport that we're "good at" (evidence would suggest otherwise) that gets much air play.

Our women's netball team won a major international competition a while back at around the same time the ABs lost a match - the footy story got more coverage in the papers and on the news.

325rocket
7th October 2007, 19:10
Yeah like 2X World Champion Womens MotoXer Katherine Prumm or any of our MotoX Legends. Do they get any recognition or media coverage? SFA!

fair play your right but the reality is no other sport in new zealand has the following of rugby. as for netball, same story. i enjoy watching international games when i can.
all i was trying to say was why knock something for the sake of it? personally im not a huge rugby fan but i do like to see new zealand win.
sollyboy - your rite this is a motorcycle forum and being the only internet forum i go to maybe i sometimes lose sight of that. i just get sick of people (and im not saying you did) knocking this sort of thing.

Wolf
7th October 2007, 19:34
fair play your right but the reality is no other sport in new zealand has the following of rugby.
How could anyone tell? The only channels that show anything other than rugby, cricket and occasional motor or horse racing are the Sky channels, and not everyone has Sky.

It hasn't appeared in the census as a question, I've never seen a survey carried out by TVNZ asking what other sports we'd prefer to watch (probably because TVNZ would hand out any such surveys at the gate of the latest rugby game - they're not exactly renowned for their unbiased surveys).

It pisses me off that if I want to watch the sports that interest me I have to pay through the nose for a Sky subscription because TVNZ's "patriotic fervour" extends only to guys who bite each other's ears and the whinge when they get growled at for it.

deanohit
7th October 2007, 19:40
It's pretty bad when it is the main story on the news before anything else, and they're going on about how dissapointing it is for people who have paid thousands to see the ABs play. HELLLOOOOO! There was always the possibility they could lose, ya pays ya money and ya gets what ya gets. Get over it, it's a fuckin game!!!

Sorry, rant over.

Kickaha
7th October 2007, 19:57

I've already suggested that one elsewhere

scrivy
7th October 2007, 20:03
Has there been a poll on KB asking do you enjoy rugby, do you hate it etc??

I agree with Wolf - how would anyone know if no surveys have been done?

SimJen
7th October 2007, 20:09
wow...you really are full of it
i can take losing, i cant take idiots telling me to "get over it" - explain to me what the point of "get over it" is....what a pointless load of drivel, if thats your idea of constructive discourse then I'm sorry for you
AB's rubbing it in???? when did this happen? seriously, tell us all when it happened...I'd love to know...
why is it about time someone beat them?? what, because they win a lot? what sort of pointless reasoning is that? its pretty obvious you have a big case of underdog syndrome and just like attacking the tall poppy
so your main interest in rugby is what; jumping in the middle of a debate and giving those involved shit about the team they support when that team loses? man, you are saaaad :laugh:
tri-boy is exactly right

Obviously you haven't been living in the same world the rest of us Kiwi's live in.
The AB's always lust after the big scores, which is the exact same reason why so many boof's go to the games against the small fries so you can watch them thrash them good and proper.
Some of these games are akin to the big kid smashin the little handicapped kid in school!
The media and public build them up to be something they're not! this has just been proven. Don't talk the talk if you can't back it up!
Yes I am saaaad but not as sad as some of you sad bastards that think the sun shines out of rugby's ass!
The rest of the world barely gives a shit about the sport! me included.
Watch/Play what you will but don't ignore the blatantly obvious facts as pointed out by so many others in this thread.
FFS womens soccer gets more viewers world wide!!!
And as you can't take idiots telling you to get over it.....GET OVER IT!
I will happily be an idiot motogp, f1, soccer, golf, tennis, cricket etc supporter, but at least im not an idiot rugby supporter! :rockon:

SimJen
7th October 2007, 20:16
Heres a poll then http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=58480

HTFU
7th October 2007, 20:23
Noticed a few negative posts on rugby in here. Some of you guys really had bad experiences with rugby/sport as kids and thats a shame :laugh:. This should not have happened at school and especially in a new age hippy holistic Physical Education programme. It is a shame that many schools in the past (and present) have the PE teachers fully involved in rugby and not a lot else and they then bring this to their PE classes.

I spent some time at Hamilton Boys High, a rugby stronghold and found rugby or similar games played during quite a few PE lessons. That is - a full contact sport with no safety gear ie mouth guards, pads on the posts, a referee, and the assumption all the kids were ready to play (you try putting you arm out to stop someone running at 20 km / hr instead of using a correct tackling technique). Two broken arms in 6 weeks and a raft of other injuries. What were they learning what were the educational outcomes for those students involved. SFA

I have a non contact games policy for all my classes. That is - you want to play rugby? Then there is a practice on Thursdays and a game on Saturday. This is usually followed up by me explaining to the excited rugby playing student (who is very eager to smash his fellow non rugby playing classmates) that a practical physical education lesson is not just playing a game or participating in sport.

Sport is just one aspect of a good PE programme over the course of a year. The piss poor school programme will be sport based and in my opinion fail to meet the needs of the majority of our students. I often use a modified game of non contact touch rugby/league as a way to meet the needs of the 'ego driven show off bash em up type' students. Promotes all the things I want my students to be exposed to such as running, spacial awareness, team work, team ethic, fitness, speed, agility and fun. If I have a mixed class I also like to sometimes put the girls all the same team and with a couple of boys help them to carve up the boys. Brings them down to earth which is good every once in a while.

Hopefully our own kids are not put through such one dimensional sport based PE programmes and the negatives they will always have in these programmes. So that in the future the KB threads of 2050 will have less "I hated my PE classes" posts :woohoo:. Except for WOLF's kids who will still be too sissy and little mummas boys still on mummas tit http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/alles_moegliche/mixed-smiley-022.gif and reading books on sunny days :dodge:

Oldfulla
7th October 2007, 20:49
la la la :corn:

Wolf
7th October 2007, 21:04
Hey, Rob.

My five-year-old has been making his way through teenage-sized adventure playgrounds and riding a pushbike without training wheels since he was 2 and riding a motorbike since he was 4. He's also demonstrating a healthy interest in firearms and swords. He's a fearless daredevil when it comes to extreme action so I'm picking rugby would be a bit tame for him.

Perhaps stunt work would be more his scene.

There's a difference between vilifying a bunch of cock-heads who think violence is the answer to everything and can't even abide by the rules of their chosen sport and "being a sissy".

HTFU
7th October 2007, 21:28
Got em yes.

There's a difference between vilifying a bunch of cock-heads who think violence is the answer to everything and can't even abide by the rules of their chosen sport and "being a sissy".

Not all - but yeah a heap for sure are cock-heads. After you have checked out Putaruru College shoot over to Oto on a Saturday night following a home rugby game. Just don't bring that adventurous 5 year old. Once the Mob meets up with the drunken ruggers its all on at the local.

He's also demonstrating a healthy interest in firearms and swords

Don't know if its healthy but so is mine.

Teacher and kids found I preferred to read rather than play rugby.

I was a white boy growing up in Otara and Glen Innes in the 80's and I also like reading quite a bit as a result :2guns: saving grace was I could run like a Kenyan and was good at playing hide with no seek. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/alles_moegliche/mixed-smiley-002.gif

Squiggles
7th October 2007, 22:02

you control the world cup too?!!! :eek::eek::eek:

*begs for mercy*

peasea
7th October 2007, 22:34
Getting back to the original question; not to me it aint; comment please? No more please!

fredie
8th October 2007, 00:39
what happened too the all so ran blacks:jerry:

bomma
9th October 2007, 23:05
wow i cud swear this happened last world cup........a bit of deja vu aye :mellow:

idb
10th October 2007, 09:33
wow i cud swear this happened last world cup........a bit of deja vu aye :mellow:

Yep...deja vu all over again

Tank
10th October 2007, 09:52
wow - I wish that I didnt read this thread. I like rugby, and Im upset that the AB's (of which Im a huge fan) lost, but I'm over it.

But all the comments expressing joy about them losing are just plain sad - and I think it says more about the person posting than about their views on the sport.:oi-grr:

Personally I have respect for any person who is at the top of the world in whatever there 'thing' is - and I dont knock them just because they lost. Thats just petty.

Do you people get the same enjoyment if Tiger Woods loses a major? Shit - golf has a lot of TV time and he earns a shit load more than the AB's combined.

and as for motorsports - I dont like Murphy, but I dont get any enjoyment when he spins out of a race - I appreciate him for the professional athlete that he is.

rant over (possibly)

fredie
21st October 2007, 15:21
we could have won the world cup:bleh::mobile:

Wolf
21st October 2007, 16:53
Do you people get the same enjoyment if Tiger Woods loses a major? Shit - golf has a lot of TV time and he earns a shit load more than the AB's combined.
I don't take pleasure out of anyone's loss of a competition - Tiger Woods or the ABs - but the difference is, if any of our golfers (or Tiger Woods) loses a major tournament we don't get every paper and TV/radio station in the country autopsying it for three weeks afterwards.

and as for motorsports - I dont like Murphy, but I dont get any enjoyment when he spins out of a race - I appreciate him for the professional athlete that he is.
Since when were the ABs "professional" except in the sense of "getting paid shit=loads of money to play rugby? They might get the moola but they have no "professionalism" - as in fair play or obeying the rules - not so long as they continue to tackle above the waist, kick, gouge punch and go off side etc.

The ABs are a disgrace to this country and I feel offended that they are portrayed as heroes and act as de facto cultural ambassadors. They have all the integrity of Tonya Harding.

blade1000
21st October 2007, 17:00
yes its a great game good on the spring boks for winning i think if the all blacks ever want to win the cup they need come back down to earth and play the game for the lo0ve of it not the money

Teflon
22nd October 2007, 06:52
Just a bunch of pussys who keep kicking the ball.. league is a far better game.

idb
23rd October 2007, 07:40
The ABs are a disgrace to this country ......
They are shown a lot of respect overseas and are often the first thing that is mentioned in conversation with foreigners, always with admiration in my experience.

idb
23rd October 2007, 12:22

What is French for deja vu anyway?

MisterD
23rd October 2007, 14:57

Le deja vu.

Wolf
23rd October 2007, 19:10
Le deja vu.

Wow! That's creepy, didn't you say that before?

Hitcher
24th October 2007, 12:29

Wolf
24th October 2007, 12:43

**gibber** it's a glitch in the Matrix!

MisterD
24th October 2007, 12:52

Tonight on...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nnb_O9FlKJ8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nnb_O9FlKJ8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Hitcher
24th October 2007, 13:20

Take the BLUE pill.