PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my new bike

Scarydog
6th October 2007, 15:56
Very excited, one the auction on Trade Me last night. Spoke to the seller by phone today, all good :-)

Thanks to everyone for their useful (and not so useful) comments on my thread wondering which bike to buy.

After much deliberation, I've bought an 06 Buell XB12R. Hope to have it down in Wellington in time for Labour weekend (here's hoping for good weather).

Looking forward to seeing you all out on the roads and getting some advice on suspension setup.

arj127
6th October 2007, 16:20
i am so jellous, they are such a horny looking bike. Have fun on it.

2wheeldrifter
6th October 2007, 16:28
Nice buy, did you get it from a dealer?

Cr1MiNaL
6th October 2007, 16:39
Hey cool Ill be in Welly on Friday just b4 labour weekend to pick up mu new bike 2... maybe we cud go for a ride n u cud show me the takas???

Grub
6th October 2007, 16:42
Just bought my new bike.

Did you do a VIR on it to make sure no money is owed as a secured debt? Seen too many repo messages on here to trust TradeMe sales :)

Scarydog
7th October 2007, 09:36
Did you do a VIR on it to make sure no money is owed as a secured debt? Seen too many repo messages on here to trust TradeMe sales :)

Yes, I did get one. Well worth it I reckon. Also shows when the warrant and rego are due (not for 6 months :clap:).

Had the rego up on the auction though. After reading here that thieving scum can get your new address from the post office, based on your rego, I am a bit concerned. Will lock it up tight!

pzkpfw
7th October 2007, 10:26
Had the rego up on the auction though. After reading here that thieving scum can get your new address from the post office, based on your rego, I am a bit concerned. Will lock it up tight!

It doesn't cost much to get a new plate. Don't know if the timing would work.

deanohit
7th October 2007, 11:12
Nice one mate, those are an awesome sounding bike, got any pics of it?

yod
7th October 2007, 11:16
i am so jellous, they are such a horny looking bike. Have fun on it.

bloody oath...what he said.....

nice:Punk:

Fatjim
7th October 2007, 11:18
Good on ya mate.

AJturbo's the local buell nut, amongst others.