PDA

View Full Version : Nelson/Marlborough ONLY.. Advanced Rider Training Day. (7 Oct)

MyGSXF
6th October 2007, 20:15
Nelson/Marlborough riders ONLY.

There are a few spaces available on the "Advanced Rider Training Day" TOMORROW (7th Oct).. with Andrew & Lynne Templeton, from Roadsafe Motorcycle Techniques in Wellington.. being held in Nelson!!

Day starts at 9am & finishes at approx 4.50pm.

If you are interested phone me: 027 2015 064 (Jen) or Kirsty on 027 2005 111

These days are bloody brilliant!!! but coz I'm bloody tired right now & feeling lazy :baby: I have cut & paste a link to my post about a course I did with Roadsafe last year.. check it out for some more details..

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=804098&postcount=1

If ya interested.. ring myself or Kirsty!

Jen :rockon:

Batcerb
7th October 2007, 19:31
Agreed!

Brilliant course, highly recommend it to anyone who has the chance to do it.
Really had no idea what to expect, but came away with a few things to use when I ride from now on!

MyGSXF
7th October 2007, 19:44
Agreed!

Brilliant course, highly recommend it to anyone who has the chance to do it.
Really had no idea what to expect, but came away with a few things to use when I ride from now on!

Hey there.. :niceone: lols.. good to put a face to the name!! :msn-wink:

Awesome stuff aye!!!! :Punk: what 1 thing did you get out of it the most.. ???? :wait:

There is another Advanced course 28th Oct.. you gunna do it?? I'm going to push myself even harder with the whole front brake deal!! :Punk: gotta push through the comfort level & really hammer that front brake home.. coz I'm a bit of a wuss about giving it 100%... :rolleyes:

Batcerb
8th October 2007, 20:10
Yeah, id really like to do the course again, will have to sort myself out this week!

I also found the braking part of it the best - I was always riding with 2 fingers covering the brake, so when they had us use all 4, it was really amazing to see the huge improvement in stopping distance!
Just a very basic thing like that I had never really put too much thought into :stupid:

The low speed manouvering was also good :2thumbsup Again it was just the odd little detail here and there that make all the difference

Already said it but if anyone has the chance, just do it! You will be amazed at how much there really is you can improve - Some stuff is literally overnight!

Instructors are brilliant too - Lynne and Andy just have so much knowlege, tons of patience to boot :)

gogogogogogogogogogo!!!!

MyGSXF
9th October 2007, 09:41
Yeah, id really like to do the course again, will have to sort myself out this week!

Do it!! They only come down here once a year!! soak up as much info & practice as ya can, while ya can!!! :2thumbsup

I also found the braking part of it the best - I was always riding with 2 fingers covering the brake, so when they had us use all 4, it was really amazing to see the huge improvement in stopping distance!
Just a very basic thing like that I had never really put too much thought into

That's the thing aye.. some of the pointers we were taught.. were so SIMPLE.. yet made sooo much difference!! You got the arse end of ya bike in the air too aye!! :Punk: That's my goal for the next weekend!! :soon:

The low speed manouvering was also good. Again it was just the odd little detail here and there that make all the difference

You did bloody well manouvering that big beastie of yours through the tight course!!! :niceone:

Already said it but if anyone has the chance, just do it! You will be amazed at how much there really is you can improve - Some stuff is literally overnight!

Yep.. I noticed even on my ride home from the course, things were better!! My bike is parked up over the Winter, & these courses tend to come just before I do my yearly mission to Greymouth @ Labour Wknd.. & the past couple of years that I have done these courses, I always have a GREAT ride!! I feel so much more confident again, after the break off the bike! :first:

Instructors are brilliant too - Lynne and Andy just have so much knowlege, tons of patience to boot

They are aye!! & they're really passionate about what they do!! If ya go in there with an open mind, there is so much to learn from them!! :yes: I only did 1 pass past Andrew on the rear brake.. ALL the other passes were using the front brake only.. :shutup: he's got the patience of a Saint!! :innocent:

Catch up with ya in a couple of weeks then!!!! :banana: