PDA

View Full Version : Never seen anything like this... Pictures.

Mountlocal1
7th October 2007, 19:20
Saw this parked outside supercheap in hamilton yesterday. 4k motor, original (2spd) corolla auto. Corolla dash etc.. You guys seen this before????

deanohit
7th October 2007, 19:23
Nope and I dont wanna!! not my idea of trike styling, look at that bloody exaust.

325rocket
7th October 2007, 19:24
hahahahaha

is that a DX corolla?

fireball
7th October 2007, 19:24
i believe that is a crime!:sick::sick:

Mountlocal1
7th October 2007, 19:25
It was crazy.... I guess thats what happens when you have an unwarrantable corolla, an angle grinder and too much spare time????

Shadows
7th October 2007, 19:26
No more Honda jokes. That has got to be the Toyota Corolla of motorcycles.

nadroj
7th October 2007, 19:29
It was like the one at the Cold Duck earlier this year.

Edbear
7th October 2007, 19:31
No more Honda jokes. That has got to be the Toyota Corolla of motorcycles.

Very quick! Bling for that!

surfchick
7th October 2007, 19:33
i love new zealand. i owned a corolla once & that is definitely an improvement. they are the most boring car ever - it's an achievement to make it a head turner :clap: even if a tad unusual:whistle:

Mountlocal1
7th October 2007, 19:35
Agreed! Full credit for creativity thats for sure.:2thumbsup

RDJ
7th October 2007, 19:50
Good on the builder I say. Didn't just wander to the nearest shop and buy a cookie-cutter bike - he made his own. Kudos.

klingon
7th October 2007, 21:11
Gotta be photoshopped! nobody would do that for real... :pinch:

Brett
7th October 2007, 21:29
That is ugly...yet brilliant. Full marks for originality. Someone was desperate to get rid of the cage and have a bit more freedom...

Conquiztador
7th October 2007, 21:38
Your head will go to weird places when NZ green gets in to the picture.

I can just see it: 6am in Putaruru. "Honey, wake up and come see what I did with your cage. The kids will love it!!"

nudemetalz
7th October 2007, 21:39
It is hideous and absolutely awesome at the same time !!!
In what order I am unsure......

scumdog
8th October 2007, 00:59
I love it - it's SO hideous!! Top marks for total recycling!!

Total hi-tech from its painted handle-bars with lo-tech non-adjustablel mirror mounts to the rust stains under the old seat back under the 'rolbar/head-rests.

The builder has used all that was on the Corolla baring one front wheel it seems.

And that number plate!!

vifferman
8th October 2007, 08:11
The builder has used all that was on the Corolla baring one front wheel it seems.
That'll be the spare.

Even the seat is home-botched! Looks farking uncomfortable...

Eurodave
8th October 2007, 08:33
Someone has put a lot of thought into that, look at the fold out pillions seats!
He/She would have had a lot of fun inventing & constructing it & I say top marks to them!:msn-wink:
Any noddy with too much dosh can just go out & buy a vehicle identical to thousands of others but it takes real time , effort ,planning & thought to build ones own vehicle & stand out from all the sheep :niceone:

Tank
8th October 2007, 08:40
It looks like it wqas built with a budget of $500. $400 of which went on the numberplate.

I dont think I would be happy riding on that at 100kph.

Gotta love Ghetto builds tho. Kind of thing you throw together when pissed to throw around on the farm - not take on the road.

C

Deviant Esq
8th October 2007, 09:39
For an old school Toyota fan that'd be pretty cool. I reckon he's done a pretty good job on that. But drop the boy racer exhaust - it'd sound terrible on an automatic 4K! :pinch:

SVboy
8th October 2007, 09:46
So what other cage icons would respond to gentle customising like this...I am thinking Kingswood 202 trimatic trike!

Mental Trousers
8th October 2007, 10:12
The originality of it is fantastic. Taking the piss out of the barp-barp-barp crowd with that muffler is brilliant. The amount of original parts used in it would keep you looking for ages. Top job. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one when I'm out and about.

avgas
8th October 2007, 11:40
That is fantastic, i love it.
Alot better than the nancy i see today.
Also that front wheel looks awefully like the 80's Sigma ones. They are still my favorite wheel. Steel wheels are way more fun than this alu rubbish today you get on cars.
Full marks for his build - he is a better man than me to build that.

avgas
8th October 2007, 11:41
So what other cage icons would respond to gentle customising like this...I am thinking Kingswood 202 trimatic trike!
Yeh that or a TR6 im thinking would be fantastic

Eurodave
8th October 2007, 12:42
If the far king NZ gummint had their way, in an effort to save ourselves from ourselves,us faceless masses would all be forced to conform & all be driving late model low mile, fully certified,jap imports with all the saftey gear including 4 airbags, 5 point harnesses,side intrusion beams etc etc
Good on this free thinker for flying in the face of authority & bucking the system !![but for how much longer?]

peasea
8th October 2007, 15:07
Yeh that or a TR6 im thinking would be fantastic

GTP Falcon? HSV Commodore? Nissan March? Toyota Will? Trebant?

avgas
9th October 2007, 14:45
GTP Falcon? HSV Commodore? Nissan March? Toyota Will? Trebant?
Nah they all have rear ends that wouldnt suit.
need something that would look good as a convertible with no front section.
In terms of a newer car i would suggest the following:
- BMW 320
- Saab 9000
- new beatle
- mini convertible
- S15

Curious_AJ
9th October 2007, 14:58
haha! omg.. that looks like fun!

R6_kid
9th October 2007, 16:32
i love new zealand. i owned a corolla once & that is definitely an improvement. they are the most boring car ever - it's an achievement to make it a head turner :clap: even if a tad unusual:whistle:

what? corolla's are bad ass, you have to make them interesting yourself, thrash the tits off of them and run them into the ground and they'll still come back screaming for more - i've had loads of fun in my current rolla, and also in my the ones my mates have owned too.

Maybe it was the driver that made your one boring?