PDA

View Full Version : Pukekohe Auckland MCC Advanced Training Day 8 December

PeteJ
8th October 2007, 12:03
I believe that AMCC has its next ART at Pukekohe on Saturday 8 December, preceded by a theory night at the AMCC clubrooms a couple of evenings before. There was one yesterday, and the organisers have lots of ideas for improvement, particularly on the theory tuition side.

Chief instructors are Paul Pavletich, CEO of Motorcycling NZ and a former multiple roadrace champion, and Vince Sharpe, production race legend here and in Australia. I hope that this site's own - fanfare, please, the band - Jill Clendon will also be involved as an instructor, as she was yesterday.

On the ride day, you can accept the offer of advice and assessment or just go for your own ride, as you wish.

Keystone19
10th October 2007, 08:52
I have added an updated form further down this post. Please use the updated form when sending in your registration.

ajturbo
10th October 2007, 09:03
Chief instructors are Paul Pavletich, .

while your there...... ask him about what sort of tyres should you use for the street stock class..

..:chase::killingme:killingme

just a word of warning... if you want to stay on the course i would advise you NOT to ask...:laugh:

insane1
10th October 2007, 09:39
wonder if theyd let my burgman have a go at this.

Keystone19
10th October 2007, 09:45
wonder if theyd let my burgman have a go at this.

Don't see why not...I've seen Harleys and scooters on the track before. You will learn a lot about handling a scoot that's for sure...

boostin
10th October 2007, 18:22
I will be there. There is also the first round of the AMCC club champs on the 18th of November.

motocoorg
25th October 2007, 17:36
it may be a dumb question but Is this like a track day or a race event?

boostin
25th October 2007, 17:52
as far as I know - Track day

Toast
26th October 2007, 13:40
it may be a dumb question but Is this like a track day or a race event?

I went to the last one, it's just like a trackday, except you go for a walk around the track in the morning

PeteJ
29th October 2007, 14:56
It is a training/track day, but will have an MNZ permit.

There are no races.

AMCC Round 2 race day is the day after, Sunday 9 December.

Keystone19
9th November 2007, 07:34
Updated registration details and form here:

The next ART training day is being held on Saturday, 8 December 2007 at Pukekohe Park Raceway. Attached is the entry form and a covering explanation of the day. Entry for AMCC members is $100, and for non-members $140 which includes membership to AMCC for the remainder of the current financial year. Lunch is incuded for pre-entries.

Numbers will be strictly limited and to this end we request that those wishing to participate complete the entry form and have it into the post no later than Wednesday, 28 November for to allow us to commence processing entries on Thursday, 29 November 2007. From there, entries on the day will be limited to the numbers available in each group.

An ART theory night will be held on Thursday, 6 December at the club rooms commencing at 7.30pm. This will be run by Peter Jones. Our guest on the night is Malcolm Gray from Forbes and Davies, who will be discussing tyres.

On the training day, participants are asked to be on time for sign-in and scrutineering of bikes commencing at 8.00am, followed by a walk around the track and rider's briefing. At sign-in particiapnts are asked to bring their helmets so that a sticker can be attached designating the class you are in - should the class be changed, the sticker colour will be changed. Officals and roamng marshalls will be vigilant in ensuring riders are in their designated classes. Riding gear will be checked on the dummy grid.

We hope to see you on 8 December, and would ask that you pass on to your motorcycling friends the word that AMCC is conducting rider training days. The entry form is available on our website www.amcc.org.nz or from the club rooms.

Two Smoker
9th November 2007, 20:11
Is it ok to do testing???

ArcherWC
10th November 2007, 05:20
I dont see why not, its pretty much just like any other track day

PeteJ
14th November 2007, 11:54

Yup - as long as you go out in the group you have nominated, can't see a problem.

If you see no benefit in participating in the training, that's up to you.

BIGBOSSMAN
21st November 2007, 23:33
Yay, I've the royal 'ok' to do this one!
I can't wait!!

white belt
24th November 2007, 07:33
I have filled out all the forms and it will be in the post this morning. Looking forward to it. Thanks Jill for encouragement.

L.L. Cool M
24th November 2007, 11:00
Hello,

I would be in for this but have something planned already on that day. Do you have any idea when the next one will be taking place, and if something like this also happens at Taupo, or only Pukekohe? On a side note, I assume 250s would be okay, and what happens if your bike doesn't meet standards on the day? My tires were said to be getting close to borderline at the last WOF.

PeteJ
27th November 2007, 15:36
The next one is planned for Feb - date to be confirmed.

250s are fine (and encouraged).

If your bike fails on a safety point, then unless it can be fixed on the day for the day, you do not get to ride on the track that day. You will not necessarily get your entry fee refunded either, particularly in the case of obvious neglect to have your machine in reasonable and safe condition.

The club is not planning to do its Advanced Rider Training Days at Taupo. Among other considerations, the couple of hundred big impact absorption bales are stored at the Pukekohe track, and cartage to and from Taupo would cost thousands of dollars that participants would not be willing to pay (probably 20 truck and trailer loads - they weigh little but are bulky). AMCC would not consider a training day without the bales. In addition, the preceding theory night is in Auckland.

Keystone19
6th December 2007, 08:13
Bumpity Bump.

Still plenty of places left for the training day on Saturday at Pukekohe. Don't let the rain put you off, I guarantee you will learn even more by doing a track day in the wet than you would in the dry!

Also a theory night tonight at the AMCC club rooms included in the price.

Registration form is on the first page.

See you all there.

BarBender
6th December 2007, 08:27
Bumpity Bump.

Still plenty of places left for the training day on Saturday at Pukekohe. Don't let the rain put you off, I guarantee you will learn even more by doing a track day in the wet than you would in the dry!

Also a theory night tonight at the AMCC club rooms included in the price.

Registration form is on the first page.

See you all there.

C ya there :2thumbsup

boostin
6th December 2007, 09:03
I will be there with my orange colored lemon.

PeteJ
10th December 2007, 08:47
Well, for a change the worse weather hit us for the race day on Sunday, not the ART day on the Saturday.

AMCC has Pukekohe booked for the next ART day on 19 January 2008, forms available soon.

Folk that spoke to me appreciated the theory night beforehand (those who could get to it), and the one on one discussion and riding observations/assessments/tips/ideas, but then that would be the way I take it.

Feedback here or by PMs always welcome - we are always aiming to improve. Some things can be done; some cannot (eg for the latter, preventing engine blowups by scrutineering...)

Cheers

Pete

motocoorg
10th December 2007, 16:44
i had sent my form and card details for payment, havent heard anything after.
Do i get intimated or how does it work? Thanks.

white belt
10th December 2007, 19:42
A great day, and we were very lucky with the weather, which was just a bonus on top.

Thanks to everyone, well run and very informative couple of days, learnt lots and plan to do more in the future.

Highly recommended to everyone.

PeteJ
11th December 2007, 10:06
i had sent my form and card details for payment, havent heard anything after.
Do i get intimated or how does it work? Thanks.

Please PM me with details of your credit card debit etc. You should have got an acknowledgement, at least.

Please watch the AMCC website for details of the 19 January ART day, or later ones, so we can be sure that you are enrolled for whatever subsequent one you can get to.

And, yep, you do just turn up on the day (and the theory night) regardless of whether you do get to hear from the club after you have sent your entry in. I have no idea if you sent yours in late, but lateish entries sometimes do not allow time in advance for acknowledgement from the club.

Cheers

Pete

ahamay
11th December 2007, 17:42
Was a great day. Weather perfect, track excellent etc.
Does anyone know the contact details of the photographer there? Would be keen to see some of the pics.

Keystone19
11th December 2007, 18:57
Was a great day. Weather perfect, track excellent etc.
Does anyone know the contact details of the photographer there? Would be keen to see some of the pics.

Andrew Bright from Ultrapix: www.ultrapix.co.nz was there but he tends to do individual stuff. I think he said pics would be up on Friday.

It was indeed an excellent day.

motocoorg
13th December 2007, 17:03
Please PM me with details of your credit card debit etc. You should have got an acknowledgement, at least.

Please watch the AMCC website for details of the 19 January ART day, or later ones, so we can be sure that you are enrolled for whatever subsequent one you can get to.

And, yep, you do just turn up on the day (and the theory night) regardless of whether you do get to hear from the club after you have sent your entry in. I have no idea if you sent yours in late, but lateish entries sometimes do not allow time in advance for acknowledgement from the club.

Cheers

Pete

Thanks Pete, I guess i sent my application late, checked my card and money has not been taken. but il be early for the next one, cheers