PDA

View Full Version : 8 Oct 07, Lower Hutt riverbank carpark flooding

Macktheknife
8th October 2007, 13:33
NZ Police CommCens Alert 14:20 8-10-2007 Wellington

Location of incident: Lower Hutt

Incident Type: Carpark about to flood

Can media please pass on the following message: Can all owners of cars
parked in the Riverbank carpark in Lower Hutt, please move their cars.
Due to the Hutt river now flooding, the carpark is going to be under
water very shortly. Owners are asked to move their cars as soon as
possible.
It is also likely that Harcourt Werry Drive will also be closed due to
flooding. An update will be provided when more information comes to
hand.
ends

sunhuntin
8th October 2007, 13:37
can a mod please delete... cant seem to do so!

Stickchick
8th October 2007, 13:38
:eek:I knew there was a reason why I didn't miss the Hutt. Considering I look out my window and we have glorious sunshine.

scumdog
8th October 2007, 13:43
:eek:I knew there was a reason why I didn't miss the Hutt. Considering I look out my window and we have glorious sunshine.

Same here - just cut the lawns now off to work. (where's me sunnies)

jafar
8th October 2007, 13:45
Another glorious wellington day it seems :Oops:
Fine here:whistle:

sunhuntin
8th October 2007, 13:45
HARR!

swim, boys!

rain, thunder and litening all day... and its cleared up just in time to go to work!

yungatart
8th October 2007, 14:56

They could have kept the bloody wind too!

Stickchick
8th October 2007, 14:57
They could have kept the bloody wind too!

I had to bring something to remind me of home you know and I can handle walking in the wind I have the lean going on but riding is another story:doh:

yungatart
8th October 2007, 15:00
Ahh, but that is only because you have practiced walking on a lean more than you have practiced riding on one!:laugh:

Stickchick
8th October 2007, 15:03
Ahh, but that is only because you have practiced walking on a lean more than you have practiced riding on one!:laugh:

Exactly!!!!! :2thumbsup but its taken sooo many years to perfect that walking lean you know...Good things take time :lol:

Ocean1
8th October 2007, 15:07
The rain it raineth on the just
And also on the unjust fella,
But chiefly on the just, because
The unjust steals the just's umbrella.

Beemer
8th October 2007, 15:57
Update:

Block road is closed between SH2 and Pharazyn Street and is unlikely to open before 6pm, with high tide due at about 3.30pm.

Owners of cars parked in Lower Hutt's Riverbank carpark were being urged to move their vehicles, but the water level has dropped and cars parked there are no longer considered at risk.

Parts of State Highway 2 between Upper Hutt and Petone have up to 300mm of water and police are urging drivers to be cautious.

Gale force winds reaching 120kmh are buffeting the Wairarapa.

Winds knocked down a large tree on State Highway 2 just south of Carterton late this morning. However, traffic has not been affected.

The Rimutaka Hill Rd is still open but police are urging motorists to be cautious.

riffer
8th October 2007, 16:39
Hmmm. I rode home from Tawa, round the inlet Road (Paremata Rd), over Haywards, and up SH2 from the Haywards junction to Upper Hutt.

There are exactly zero problems tonight. :niceone:

Nasty
8th October 2007, 19:10
Second time we have holidayed in Melbourne and there have been floods in the Hutt .. what happens when we leave!