PDA

View Full Version : Going Crazy

Northpoint
8th October 2007, 19:53
Well my bike has been off the road now for about 3 weeks and I am hating it! The forks have got some serious stone chips and after looking for an easy (and cheap) way to fix them, I finally got some second hand ones from OZ. Hopefully they are here by the weekend and I can get back out there...:niceone:

deanohit
8th October 2007, 20:08
Yea, it's a bugger when ya bikes of the road aye. Hopfully you'll be out again enjoying ya bike again soon.

westie
8th October 2007, 21:01
What size is your bandit? I have some forks that might have fitted

Northpoint
8th October 2007, 21:37
What size is your bandit? I have some forks that might have fitted

Its a 250. To buy new stanchions was going to cost me $450 each. I managed to get a set of whole forks from a wreckers in OZ for $500. I just hope they are in good condition - its a bit of a gamble buying them sight unseen...

Meekey_Mouse
8th October 2007, 22:05
Hope it goes well :) It's horrible not having a bike!

I haven't done a proper road trip for over 6 months now... Just about to go insane(er) esp. with summer on it's way!!

westie
9th October 2007, 06:20
I have some forks from a gsxr 250. They might fit . Does any one know?
Do you want them?

Northpoint
9th October 2007, 15:39
Thanks for the offer. Hopefully the ones that arrive will be in good condition and get me back on the road again. I envy all you people I saw riding today..

R6_kid
9th October 2007, 16:26
i've been bikeless since february-ish... been on a couple of rides on mates bikes since then, i've had a bike sitting in the garage... it almost got to being started last night but its just more problems now. We'll get it going, but i've you're crazy at 3 weeks i must be pretty damn near catatonic.

Northpoint
9th October 2007, 19:00
Yeah that must suck - over 6 months without a bike... Whats wrong with it??

EJK
10th October 2007, 16:25
Oh yeah I know how you feel man....
I was bikeless for 4 months too lol On the last few weeks, I even wished I ride the Suzuki FX125 lol
http://images.google.co.nz/images?hl=en&q=FX125&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Northpoint
11th October 2007, 18:18
Got home today and there was a letter from customs - my forks have been stopped and I have to pay $75 GST. Bugger

deanohit
12th October 2007, 20:42
Oh man, what a piss off, they seem to love screwing people for money.