PDA

View Full Version : Exams

sAsLEX
15th October 2004, 03:38
How many do people have this semster?

I have only four nicely spaced. And at this time of the morning up doing the classic engineer all nighter I am starting to look forward to the summer break.

bluninja
15th October 2004, 04:50
And at this time of the morning up doing the classic engineer all nighter I am starting to look forward to the summer break.

The engineer all nighter ? Is this where you get thoroughly pissed for 24 hours ? Or is this where you start some 'project' that will take a couple of hours and find that you'll be lucky to have it finished in time for the morning....a bit like fixing the bike for race day, or a big ride.

sAsLEX
15th October 2004, 05:25
when you wait till the day before its due to start a project thats been sitting around for a good month or two!

erik
15th October 2004, 05:38
I think I've only got 3 exams this semester, because one of my papers is engineering drawing and they just mark us on the drawings and stuff we do during the class :)

My exams aren't until a bit later in the year though, I've still got 3 or 4 weeks of lectures.
Hopefully they won't give us too much more work to do, because I need to go back and practice a lot of the engineering mechanics problems caz I didn't do to well in the mid-semester test...

geoffm
15th October 2004, 07:37
Got my exams already - only 2 this term - and have 10 days to do them.
Joys of postgraduate studies...
Geoff

Firefight
15th October 2004, 07:53
None, but good luck to all the KBers that have them coming up !

F/F :eek5:

thehollowmen
15th October 2004, 08:31
I've got two, 21st and 27th.. if I do well I'm getting new saddlebags

Best of luck with yours, hope you can be more motivated than me about them :-P

jrandom
15th October 2004, 08:35
You poor students. I laugh at your misfortune.

Ha! Ha!

I won't be able to next year, though. Post-grad dip coming up. Woe is me.

k14
15th October 2004, 08:42
Wat post grad dip you doing jr??

Yip I got 4 exams, which includes 3 in 3 days starting on 4th nov. Oh well still got 3 weeks till they start, better use the study leave to good effect, like going on rides to akaroa etc. After exams I'm straight into my summer job, gots to get $$$ for a race bike from somewhere.

Posh Tourer :P
15th October 2004, 09:24
3 exams to finish my degree, all fairly close together, but with a good amount of time before they start. Finish on the 9th.

Then I get to PARTAY!!!! No more stupid BSc for me!!!

Holiday, and then some post-grad

Dr Bob
15th October 2004, 09:31
I have two exams. I should have them written by the end of next week :laugh:

aff-man
15th October 2004, 09:59
Hahahah only 2 cause i had a project as well. But i got 2 other projects to worry about before exams hahahaha you gotta love engineering aye

jrandom
15th October 2004, 10:20
Wat post grad dip you doing jr??

Comp. sci. Necessary evil before I can begin a thesis, etc.

Ms Piggy
15th October 2004, 10:39
I have 3 exams within 7 days. :crazy: My 1st exam is on the 26th, lst one on the 1st Nov. One of my papers is extra murual & has no exam but, a 3000 word essay due on the 25th. I plan on getting horribly drunk for 2 days after that. Edit: after the 1st that is!

I've been looking forward to summer since about August!

dhunt
15th October 2004, 11:39
Just had my last lecturefor the year today. Yippee. Only three lab reports and one assignment left, Then a weeks grace then the exams start. Got 4 exams, starting with the hardest one and finishing with the easiest one. Then SUMMER TIME. Which pretty much means work to pay for next years fees.

MacD
15th October 2004, 12:55
I have two exams. I should have them written by the end of next week :laugh:

Ah yes, but then the little darlings write answers to them which you have to mark! :eek5:

Dr Bob
15th October 2004, 13:21
If only they always wrote answers to the questions.

vifferman
15th October 2004, 15:40
I feel somewhat jealous of all youse folx in Academia.

Perhaps it's time to resurrect my thesis?

Hmmmmm.......

Nah! A person can only stand so much errant nonsense in their life....

... but it would be nice to have something new to learn. Not that I know everything, but I seem to have stopped learning stuff, or if I do learn anything, it displaces summat I already knew.
Perhaps my brain's as full as it's ever going to get....:wacko: