PDA

View Full Version : Interesting selling methods.

nudemetalz
10th October 2007, 10:46
I see our "cuctom twin pipe exaust system sounds mint like a hog!!!" fellah has got a TM relisting with some extra pics of him doing a smoky burnout.
Does this help selling bikes??
I dunno if I could see Crasher Pete doing a burnout on a new K7 Gixxer out the front of Welly Motorcycles for a prospective buyer.....

Roj
10th October 2007, 10:49
I see our "cuctom twin pipe exaust system sounds mint like a hog!!!" fellah has got a TM relisting with some extra pics of him doing a smoky burnout.
Does this help selling bikes??
I dunno if I could see Crasher Pete doing a burnout on a new K7 Gixxer out the front of Welly Motorcycles for a prospective buyer.....

I would be less interested in a bike that someone was doing that to, I want one that has been cared for...:laugh:

sunhuntin
10th October 2007, 11:59
ditto.

good question to ask would be "does this come with a new rear tyre?"

deanohit
10th October 2007, 12:05
God, red neck if ever I've seen one!!
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-119981603.htm?key=237832

MotoGirl
10th October 2007, 12:16
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-119981603.htm?key=237832

What did you expect with a nick like Cleatus? :rofl:

deanohit
10th October 2007, 12:20
What did you expect with a nick like Cleatus? :rofl:

OMG, I never even noticed that!! :eek: :killingme

sunhuntin
10th October 2007, 12:28
hes using some keywords, but what the hell is a "suzski"
far out... talk about headache material trying to read that!

NotaGoth
10th October 2007, 12:31
Even worse.....

He lives in Kerikeri....... Urgh.....

I wonder if its the same guy who did the runner from the cops and ended up being "knocked" off...

GaZBur
10th October 2007, 12:35
What language is this please? I tried to put it into
http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr to find out what it means but you have to pick the language to translate it from and red-neck wasnt a choice!
"no desil needed bra didnt have ne yip it can spin it any wea ne time prob wasnt even 20 sekonds 2 start smoking like that jus the time it takes 2 take 3 fotos in a row that only first gear as wel havnt don that before but it was fun haha ther was ruber all up my back and it wont cum off lol this bike is easy 2 menover in and out of corners u can make it go sidwayz ne wer an not fall n lees u cant ride first time shez had a drive in 6 months started first pop was my ride 2 work 4:44 pm, Thu 27 Sep"
What brand is "suzski harley" - I have a Suzuki - are they made by the same company? (god I hope not!)

deanohit
10th October 2007, 12:39
Um sorry, must be a language of the red necks or hillbillys.

Tank
10th October 2007, 12:58
Um sorry, must be a language of the red necks or hillbillys.

or uneducated morons.

bert_is_evil
10th October 2007, 13:45
Are you sure that's a burnout and not just smoke pouring out of the engine as it attempts to commit suicide?

Mikkel
10th October 2007, 14:10

Good to see that the time spent in school pays off eh!?!

What's with the 5th picture for the ad anyway? I don't get the connection... :crazy:

Also, can anyone explain to me what's up with all these maltese crosses I keep seeing all over the place as soon as someone is showing just a small amount of chrome?

klingon
10th October 2007, 14:47
2 sek first foto of skid 20 ceks of skid this is a grunty litl beast first time iv had a litl go in 6 months start price is reserv so bid 1 dola more and shes urz need 2 sel as goin 2 auz if not sold this time round b givin 2 my sis so dont hesatate if u want a mint drifter!

OMG! :weird: what a disaster that guy is! :rofl:

Tank
10th October 2007, 14:54
Good to see that the time spent in school pays off eh!?!

What's with the 5th picture for the ad anyway? I don't get the connection... :crazy:

He answers that in his comments: "forester 4 sale also taking offers 90,000km new 2 country been vind no wof or reg hapy biding cheachea "

If you look at his feedback he purchased it just a few weeks ago (for over 2k) and was told that it could not be made road legal - guess he though better and found out he wasnt as smart as he thought he was.:bash:

007XX
10th October 2007, 14:56
WOW!!! I am truly gobsmacked...:gob:

Please let me tell Hitcher of this one, Pleeeeeeeaase...:killingme

Mikkel
10th October 2007, 15:04
Yeah, I saw it in the comments after I posted here. Still - that's another truly annoying habit some traders have of trying to sell something else entirely on the same auction.
Besides "happy biding" can't really apply when there isn't an auction on it. Perhaps someone should tell him...

He only needed to add "bid with confidence on this marvelous item"... :crazy: