PDA

View Full Version : A VERY trick Lowrider

White trash
15th October 2004, 09:35
Look at the work that's gone into this thing. In the flesh it's truly spectacular and the closer you look, the more you see.

Inspiring stuff! :first:

Blakamin
15th October 2004, 09:40
Glad I dont have to clean it!
and the front wheel looks shit... tooo 80's

Quasievil
15th October 2004, 09:43
front wheel is from a Honda CX500 is why must have brought them n cheap, No Im sure you will spend most of the day staring at it Mr WT.

And whats the story you driving up tommorrow???

Pwalo
15th October 2004, 09:46
Nah still don't get the whole cruiser/choppery thing. Why would you add things to a bike to make it heavier or harder to clean/maintain (well if you ride it at least).

Nice work though.

Motoracer
15th October 2004, 09:50
Nah still don't get the whole cruiser/choppery thing. Why would you add things to a bike to make it heavier or harder to clean/maintain (well if you ride it at least).
That's the question.

Nice work though.
That's the answer.

It's all about the looks.

vifferman
15th October 2004, 09:58
front wheel is from a Honda CX500 is why must have brought them n cheap, Nah, the "Comstar" wheel is riveted together from steel (?) parts; looks v. similar, but not quite as smart. That one is cast.

Blakamin
15th October 2004, 10:01
And the other thing, whats a bike like that doing in a bike shop??? dont those sorta guys do all their own work? or is that just for bolt-ons/chrome etc.?
OR....is he getting that crap wheel replaced?

White trash
15th October 2004, 10:09
And the other thing, whats a bike like that doing in a bike shop??? dont those sorta guys do all their own work? or is that just for bolt-ons/chrome etc.?
OR....is he getting that crap wheel replaced?

It's got a 95inch Sputhe motor fitted. Edelbrock heads, Mikuni HSR40, Hypercharger, custom wheels and suspension and FUCKIN LOUD PIPES.

It's here after some accident repairs I believe.

There's two and a half grands worth of forward controls alone on it.

Blakamin
15th October 2004, 10:11
FARQ!!!!! and it still has a crap front wheel!... sorry, just cant get over that... a boyd or a centrline would suit it better!

Motoracer
15th October 2004, 10:17
FARQ!!!!! and it still has a crap front wheel!... sorry, just cant get over that... a boyd or a centrline would suit it better!
That same wheel could look very bling bling, if it was to be chrome plated I reckon.

Holy Roller
15th October 2004, 10:22
Love the graphics :niceone:
A great play on words

Blakamin
15th October 2004, 10:44
That same wheel could look very bling bling, if it was to be chrome plated I reckon.
Yeah, I thought about that and agree... its the 80's silver paint that makes it look crap

Paul in NZ
15th October 2004, 11:03
It's got a 95inch Sputhe motor fitted. Edelbrock heads, Mikuni HSR40, Hypercharger, custom wheels and suspension and FUCKIN LOUD PIPES.

It's here after some accident repairs I believe.

What happened in the accident? The guys wife find out how much he spent on it or something?

Paul N

stunz
15th October 2004, 11:20
Dial-up sux! A long time to wait to see out of focus pics of what looks like a nice paintjob. Got any decent pics?

White trash
15th October 2004, 11:27
Dial-up sux! A long time to wait to see out of focus pics of what looks like a nice paintjob. Got any decent pics?

I'll try to take some at lunch time.

Sorry for da poor photography. :Oops:

Cajun
15th October 2004, 11:40
I'll try to take some at lunch time.

Sorry for da poor photography. :Oops:
slack ass :brick:

sedge
15th October 2004, 17:04
What about the Bimota next to it ?... nice.

Bonez
15th October 2004, 18:36
Hypercharger Troll-Doesn't that come standard with every Harley sold-End of Troll

scumdog
15th October 2004, 19:27

Nice work though.

You obviously ain't into hot rods and cool, never mind, given time you'll get there :niceone:

Blakamin
15th October 2004, 19:42
You obviously ain't into hot rods and cool, never mind, given time you'll get there :niceone:
And thats what makes that front wheel so ugly SD!!!!

scumdog
15th October 2004, 20:33
And thats what makes that front wheel so ugly SD!!!!

Well, with my 50+ eyes, no glasses and a small picture it looked alright to me!!! - but then even with faults I am that much of a dreamer I can always see the 'potential' even if it is rough!!

Blakamin
15th October 2004, 20:47
Well, with my 50+ eyes, no glasses and a small picture it looked alright to me!!! - but then even with faults I am that much of a dreamer I can always see the 'potential' even if it is rough!!
Might buy you some glasses then... imagine if you had a nice '33 3 window... dropped, chopped and channeled and then put a set of CSA 3 spoke 14" by 10" rims on it... you know those ugly things that commodore drivers thought were cool in '83? and you did all this in 2004.. :puke:

scumdog
15th October 2004, 22:02
Might buy you some glasses then... imagine if you had a nice '33 3 window... dropped, chopped and channeled and then put a set of CSA 3 spoke 14" by 10" rims on it... you know those ugly things that commodore drivers thought were cool in '83? and you did all this in 2004.. :puke:

O.K., ya got me, it's like guys that put 13" rims on '48 fords in the 80's, (mind you, the mag selection was limited back then).

I've got a '37 coupe, it's going to have chrome wide rims, beam front axle and no roof chop. It WILL have a 460 big-block, tunnel-ram and 4 speed big-input top-loader AND it WILL be cool- but then I don't HAVE to tell you it's cool, do I?? :cool2:

Blakamin
15th October 2004, 22:22
O.K., ya got me, it's like guys that put 13" rims on '48 fords in the 80's, (mind you, the mag selection was limited back then).

I've got a '37 coupe, it's going to have chrome wide rims, beam front axle and no roof chop. It WILL have a 460 big-block, tunnel-ram and 4 speed big-input top-loader AND it WILL be cool- but then I don't HAVE to tell you it's cool, do I?? :cool2:
Zactley.... bloody 13" rims.... corolla anybody?? 13x13 tho weren't they... hehehe and at least they were chrome... not crap "Mags"... shite, they had centrelines in the '80's ... it was the was factories that copied and butchered those wheels that makes the one on "eyecatcher" look shite!

ps... i have a dog named Ford... want pix of your '37

scumdog
15th October 2004, 22:33
Zactley.... bloody 13" rims.... corolla anybody?? 13x13 tho weren't they... hehehe and at least they were chrome... not crap "Mags"... shite, they had centrelines in the '80's ... it was the was factories that copied and butchered those wheels that makes the one on "eyecatcher" look shite!

ps... i have a dog named Ford... want pix of your '37

Got REAL Centrelines on my '55 F100, had them for years, 15"X10" at rear, 14"X7" at front and 3 1/2 X 15" for a spare. Heaps of imitations but only the one real Centreline. '37 coupe is a driver with 350 Chev and Muncie but they have to go to the guy I got the coupe from, hence the 460 etc.
When I get a digital camera I will send pics.

Meantime got to finish Chrissy-Bimbos (Mrs S.D) '62 Fairlane compact. - and the XN85.

Blakamin
15th October 2004, 22:41
Got REAL Centrelines on my '55 F100, had them for years, 15"X10" at rear, 14"X7" at front and 3 1/2 X 15" for a spare. Heaps of imitations but only the one real Centreline. '37 coupe is a driver with 350 Chev and Muncie but they have to go to the guy I got the coupe from, hence the 460 etc.
When I get a digital camera I will send pics.

Meantime got to finish Chrissy-Bimbos (Mrs S.D) '62 Fairlane compact. - and the XN85.
mmmm... 55 f100!.. my brother had some real centrelines on his 64 ss impala..
get that chevy crap outta the coupe and lets see a real engine... will lend you my cam for some photos!! cant help it if I'm a Ford man! still got a '73 LTD with the rotating headlight covers sitting in Aus.
351, electric seats, full leather, air, walnut, and the clincher... 15" bathurst globes as a factory option... same exact wheels as the phase 3 GTHO... was offered $2000 for those alone. guy who's got it now is coming over 1st Nov with photos of my barge.. try to get one here!

scumdog
15th October 2004, 22:54
mmmm... 55 f100!.. my brother had some real centrelines on his 64 ss impala..
get that chevy crap outta the coupe and lets see a real engine... will lend you my cam for some photos!! cant help it if I'm a Ford man! still got a '73 LTD with the rotating headlight covers sitting in Aus.
351, electric seats, full leather, air, walnut, and the clincher... 15" bathurst globes as a factory option... same exact wheels as the phase 3 GTHO... was offered $2000 for those alone. guy who's got it now is coming over 1st Nov with photos of my barge.. try to get one here!

Your '73 is a bit new for me (just kidding) our 'newest' car is Mrs S.D.s '84 Laser, the rest of the fleet is her '62 Anglia (used as a daily runabout) the '62 Mistral kit-car (302 V8. 5-speed) used on non-wet days, my '97 Harley, the '55 F100 (429 hotted-up, HZ Holden front suspension etc) and project car: Mrs C.Bs '62 Fairlane and my XN 85 Suzuki bike. - and the '37 coupe.
Also got red-hot Anglia, 1650cc non-Xflow with twin Webers etc.....

Blakamin
15th October 2004, 23:00
Your '73 is a bit new for me (just kidding) our 'newest' car is Mrs S.D.s '84 Laser, the rest of the fleet is her '62 Anglia (used as a daily runabout) the '62 Mistral kit-car (302 V8. 5-speed) used on non-wet days, my '97 Harley, the '55 F100 (429 hotted-up, HZ Holden front suspension etc) and project car: Mrs C.Bs '62 Fairlane and my XN 85 Suzuki bike. - and the '37 coupe.
Also got red-hot Anglia, 1650cc non-Xflow with twin Webers etc.....
my second car was a 105E..... gunna post you my camera for some photos at this rate!

scumdog
15th October 2004, 23:12
my second car was a 105E..... gunna post you my camera for some photos at this rate!

Gladly!! b.t.w. my TV stand is made from two alloy NASCAR 351 blocks and the stereo speakers are mounted on two 30-30 rifle barrels amd the sun umbarela? is mounted on a wide Cortina rim attached to a Cortina axle and the coffee table is a 7"X14" Hustler mag... :2thumbsup

When are you going to cruise south and participate in petrol-head life-style?
Welcome anytime in case you are wondering - as is the case with any KBers that want to head this way, just p.m. me first, o.k.?

gav
16th October 2004, 22:55
Hey Blakamin, how good was Bathurst eh? 8 Fords chasing 1 Holden, :laugh:

jrandom
17th October 2004, 06:36
8 Fords chasing 1 Holden, :laugh:

You can still tell the difference?

guzzi_nz
8th January 2005, 08:47
Look at the work that's gone into this thing. In the flesh it's truly spectacular and the closer you look, the more you see.

Cool these make a bike :Punk:

mini_hooks_
8th January 2005, 09:00

i think the front wheel looks cool... :Punk: :first:

mini_hooks_
8th January 2005, 09:03

yup... :Punk:

Bonez
8th January 2005, 10:33
front wheel is from a Honda CX500 Looks nothing like the old comstars. Here's a riminder of what they're like.

White trash
8th January 2005, 10:36
Looks nothing like the old comstars. Here's a riminder of what they're like.

Finaly! A man who knows his wheels!

scumdog
11th January 2005, 07:42

Easy from behind, - the Fords exhaust comes out the 'right' side!! :laugh: :eek5:

Waylander
23rd January 2005, 05:08
yall need to watch some real auto racing via nascar... nothing but right turns for 5 bloody hours!!!! HOORAH CAN ANYTHING BE BETTER THAN THAT???

( well maybe watching grass grow) at least the wrecks are fun

Deano
23rd January 2005, 06:32
yall need to watch some real auto racing via nascar... nothing but right turns for 5 bloody hours!!!!

Don't they race anti clockwise ?

at least the wrecks are fun

Tru dat. Its a bit like ice hockey and grid iron in a way. 5 minutes of actual sport then 10 minutes of time outs or cautions. Talk about drag it out.

mattt
23rd January 2005, 07:27
Don't they race anti clockwise ?

Maybe he meant "camera right"? :moon: But yeh, I'm pretty sure they go round anti clockwise.
At the end of the day - They're in cars so :whocares:

Sputhe
15th March 2008, 21:33
front wheel is from a Honda CX500 is why must have brought them n cheap, No Im sure you will spend most of the day staring at it Mr WT.

And whats the story you driving up tommorrow???

Front wheels is a Harley Davidson Thunderstar Mag wheel!!!

Bonez
16th March 2008, 10:16
............................:jerry:

Welcome to KB.

Rockbuddy
16th March 2008, 18:38
chrome spokes for wheels would look way better in my books

johnnyflash
16th March 2008, 19:32
chrome spokes for wheels would look way better in my books
only if you are tying to replicate a 1960s bike ;-) bloody horrible to clean, maintain, keep adjusted.. thought only pushbike manufacturers made em now :-)

Bonez
17th March 2008, 15:34
only if you are tying to replicate a 1960s bike ;-) bloody horrible to clean, maintain, keep adjusted.. thought only pushbike manufacturers made em now :-)Adjust, clean and maintain? (rushes out to check the GB...............)

Sputhe
17th March 2008, 18:20

This is my bike, I bought it last year from a mate. He replaced everything!!
Its a beast of a bike with heaps of grunt! Sounds great!!
Out of it to see it here on this website.
:cool:

twin
24th March 2008, 21:39
nice finish on that paintjob!! you know a good bike painter?:headbang:

Sputhe
26th March 2008, 19:30
Yes, My brother Chris is a painter, he painted this a few years back and paints quite a few Harleys,Hot rods etc.
I can also do custom graphics and decals etc
Let me know if you need phone numbers

dmouse
7th April 2008, 10:58

take a look at this one, and its for sale

naberus
10th August 2008, 20:33
nice bike :)