PDA

View Full Version : Isn't this just the luck?

Antallica
24th July 2003, 23:01
Funny thing happened to me today.
I was at my Grandma's fixing her PC when I see her drive into the turning bay at her place, and starts backing into her driveway.

At this point I'm thinking 'oh shit'.. reason being my Cycle is parked in her driveway... so yeah, she backed into it and put her on its side. Now I need new mirrors and she snapped my clutch lever in half too (parts on their way already). Man was she sad, I hate to have to make her pay for the repairs :(.

Ahh well $170... could be worse... actually it is.. I can't use it!! :angry2:

georgedubyabush
25th July 2003, 18:36
'make' her pay or 'ask' her to pay?

dude dont ask me to back you up if youre gonna 'make' her pay:D

Antallica
25th July 2003, 19:51
Hehe, nah she's more stubborn than I am... every time I asked her if she'll be ok to pay for it she cuts me off and assures me she will pay for it. Man was she in tears when I ran out to see the damage.

She's insistant on paying, poor grannie :(

Racey Rider
25th July 2003, 20:40
Here's your chance Ant!
Tell Grandma, the $170 would be nice,,, but what you'ld really like is a replacement 150 bike!
A RG 150 to be exact!! :rolleyes:

You know you want one!!! :p :p :p

Antallica
25th July 2003, 21:53
Hehe yeah, I take back all nasties I said about the RG's they look phat in some ways. But my next one will be a Kawa or a Honda 250.. w00t :D

The FXR will do me sweet... for now ;)

Racey Rider
26th July 2003, 09:36
Originally posted by Antallica
... I take back all nasties I said about the RG's they look phat in some ways.

What! :gob:

Can hardley believe what I just read!! :gob: :gob:

Now I'll have to find someone else to try "winding up"! :buggerd: :D

But watch out, You've come this far,,,,, next week you'll be throwing a leg over one in a bike shop. The sales guy will come over and ask if you'ld like a ride on that RG Sir,,,
"No! Just looking thanks!"
Then a week later you'll find yourself out on the motorway, desperately holding on to a black/silver (they'er the fastest ones) 98RG150 as the revs build through the 9000Rpm mark. Wondering why someone, anyone, hadn't introduced you to this fine example of moden, yet cheap, machinery before! :niceone:

Well, Me thinks I better stop right there, before YOU become the next guy, new to RG racing, that I just can't seem to catch before that last corner of the track.

Thanks for playing!
This has been:
RACEY RIDER :done:

Antallica
26th July 2003, 11:25
Ahh you bastard :rockon:

Nah I won't be owning a RG anytime soon, but I won't be nasty to it either. w00t
Does it go up to 18k revs?

Kwaka-Kid
26th July 2003, 21:31
ahh stink ant :( yeah thats a real sad storey, just be thankful you werent sitting on it or somthing i spose! :P

Had the usual near lost left leg experience today.. turning right with indicator on on the blockhouse bay roundabout... car decides a bright yellow bike with a headlight on just isnt enuf to see... its kool at least when u pretty much see it happening, and i was slow (as usual) so braked in time just to watch him almost go streight thru the roundabout but once seeing me @ last minute just whack those brakes on hard, shamed, he musta felt like a dick, clocking up his brakes like that... then having me sfaley ride past/around infront of him with my nice big fingre of pride standing tall @ him... hes just lucky i aint one for road rage..

bikerboy
26th July 2003, 22:54
I'm sorry to point this out but hand (finger ) gestures are a form of road rage my young friend. :gob:

Antallica
26th July 2003, 22:56
I'd say that depends on how he was feeling at the time.
Always pays to take a baseball bat with you :D

Roundabouts + Cycle + Woman drivers = got insurance? ;) :p
.... or so I've almost found out I don't use that roundabout anymore.. not in peak traffic anyway ;)

Kwaka-Kid
27th July 2003, 09:19
real? bahjahaha! oh man, thats funny shit.. i spose i understand.. bit odd but still.. spose i just cant see it coz it felt so damned good @ the time :P

Firefight
29th July 2003, 07:39
Hey Dude, BB is right that's road rage !, the fact that it felt good proves it !, cool that you made it okay thou.:rockon:

firefight.

Coldkiwi
29th July 2003, 13:12
yeah.. be tactical about use of the finger... if the cage driver really gets wound up and still has you in his (or her) sights, you'd better be prepared to ride quickly and strategically away from them before they decide to go you with their mobile battering ram. There are some highly unstable (not just skillwise) drivers out there and you'd really be better not to wind those select few up.

Kwaka-Kid
29th July 2003, 13:20
hmm true, but stuff em i say :) when i put that lid on my head, i really am 10 foot tall and invincable, dayum, hes just lucky i wasnt wearing racing leathers, because then not only am i 10foot tall and invincible, but im also aggressive and inmyownmind allmighty :P hahahah! :D

Please note the "inmyownmind" bit, has alot to do with things.

anyways, scince im happy i got a fair bit done today, im gunna say, thanks for all the pokeing fun etc @ me KB'ers about RVF :) it is helping funny enuf, each time one of u says somthing i say stuff them, im gunna go play with the bike, and at least get somthing small done/discover somthing.

Dads pushing for me to buy Dyna coils, methinks stock is fine, rather spend money on somthing diff. dunno, but Airfilter, it doesnt have one, so i can get a MEGO stock replica for $45 new, or should i go streight to somthing homemade/K&N?