PDA

View Full Version : Grrr!

Ragingrob
11th October 2007, 14:30
I just battled the southern motorway from khyber pass to Karaka to do some coaching for some kids, blown around like a ragdoll on my little GN, trying to smile my nicest smile for the two cops so they wouldn't care about breaking my L-plate restriction...and now I'm here yay :clap:, but wait...it starts pissing down and the coaching I was gonna do has been cancelled :argh:!!!!

Great use of petrol, time and energy :).

Oh well free dinner at my parents :P!

vifferman
11th October 2007, 14:31
Any excuse for a ride is a good'un....

Ragingrob
11th October 2007, 14:36
Yeah well I would've loved it if it hadn't been so windy and had been sunny!

motorbyclist
11th October 2007, 17:30
i know how you feel, tuesday i drove from my place way out west to sylvia park to find the shop didn't have my order ready. i waited nearly an hour for them to get their shit organised and then had to drive back home right as the traffic that i was going to just beat was getting into full gridlock. so 1hour pickup turned into a 3 hour trawl and i don't wanna know how much gas i wasted "travelling" through the carpark that is auckland at 4pm.

i didn't realise a gn ran on petrol - i thought you just put an oily rag in the tank and it'd run off that:bleh:

Str8 Jacket
11th October 2007, 17:34
Yeah well I would've loved it if it hadn't been so windy and had been sunny!

Yep the wind sucks arse but you'll get used to it and it gets easier! Unfortunately you have to go out in the shit to learn to ride in it. Apparently its character building :)

Maha
11th October 2007, 17:40
Oh well free dinner at my parents :P!

So whats for tea???

Ragingrob
11th October 2007, 17:51
^ Bacon and egg pie yum yum

98tls
11th October 2007, 17:55
Least you got out there mate,shocking down this way..hasnt stooped pissing down all day

Ragingrob
11th October 2007, 20:05
Just got back into town, tried to relax a lot more and let the wind push me around but not my bike, went pretty well for my 3rd time on the motorway, although I just started going past this car and he indicated and started pulling over! I braked a bit and he swerved back into his lane. Dumb no blind spot ppl!

Chrislost
11th October 2007, 21:57
make sure you dont ride in the blindspot eh?

im so blind i cant even see my own mirrors

motorbyclist
11th October 2007, 22:14
why bother? they don't look anyway. i ride on the assumption that people haven't seen me, which they normally haven't, and that seems to keep me out of alot of trouble.

seriously, i am the only car driver i know who actually checks their blind spot (the one you have to look back over your shoulder to see) before changing lanes - and it's saved me two potential cage accidents so far

Macstar
11th October 2007, 22:34
Just got back into town, tried to relax a lot more and let the wind push me around but not my bike, went pretty well for my 3rd time on the motorway, although I just started going past this car and he indicated and started pulling over! I braked a bit and he swerved back into his lane. Dumb no blind spot ppl!

Mate, I know this shit seems pretty hairy when you're first getting into riding - but the truth is there will always be this kind of stuff going on. If you haven't already, have a read of the "Who's crashed?" thread in our forum - it may shed a little more light on what to look for as a rider.

Now I feel like a rant: I was riding back from Mission Bay last Saturday along Tamaki Drive with surprisingly light traffic so could go 50kph. The car in front of me was swerving, taking corners wide and crossed the centre line 3 times. I hung back and waited till Tamaki Drive expanded to two lanes and then pulled up along side the car (but keeping as much distance as poss).

When I looked through the passenger-side window of the car, the fat prick driving the car was shoveling icecream with a plastic spoon from a waffle cone and steering with his knees. I beeped my horn and pointed my arm straight and forwards (as if to signal to him to drive straight), then the fat fuck pulled the fingers at me.

At this point I had a major case of the Incredible Hulk come on and wanted to rip the guy out of his car and beat the shit out of him. Somehow I remained composed (had girlfriend on back of the bike) and finished my journey home turning off Tamaki Drive and watching him continue towards the CBD.

I was gonna take his license plate - but fuck it- nothing would have happened to him.

(Sorry for the swearing - writing about this still rarks me up).

motorbyclist
11th October 2007, 22:52
oh, sounds like the worst sort of cager... i kinda wish i was better at number plates, even if only to dob in that beemer who was pulling left out of alfred st this arvo

lol ragin rob you should see some of my recent posts of the stupidity i've seen

better yet, come to strata this arvo http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=57510

Ragingrob
12th October 2007, 09:21
^

Oh yeah cool, I'm heading back out to Karaka this arvo though again, but maybe I'll come along next week for the last day of uni...we'll see!