PDA

View Full Version : Ladies' Ride November (Wellington/Wairarapa etc)

Trudes
13th October 2007, 05:13
Ok gurls, been saying it was coming, and there seems to be a lot of ladies who have recently joined the ranks, so time for a chick ride/get together, what do ya reckon? I was going to PM everyone after the last one,:girlfight::shutup: but figured, stuff it, too many, not enough time, so here's a thread instead.

Soooo, how about we meet at Rimutex 10am Saturday 10th November, depart 10:20ish, stop top of the hill to pick up the Rapa chicks and re-group, maybe have a coffee to support the dudes in the Café etc. From there we can go off and have some lunch, :whistle:a goss and then a ride further afield for those who are keen. Maybe some shopping for the boys who always insist they should come?....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMkeBKN8DHI

This is all flexible of course, weather permitting etc, happy to change to Sunday or another day if that is the general consensus etc. My thoughts on venue for lunch ATM are either the old Fush (whatever it's called now) in Martinborough or Wild Oats in Carterton, any other suggestions, thinking parking/numbers/sun etc.:sunny:
So who's keen? Calender here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&ea=attend&e=1417), please pop your name in there if you're planning on coming along:scooter:
Edit: just to clarify, this ride is for all levels of confidence and skill, we all look after each other and make sure everyone gets where we are going.

Kendog
13th October 2007, 05:19
I just want to clarify right now, I do not partake in such ladies shopping, dressing 'n' shit.

chanceyy
13th October 2007, 06:15
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bugger Trudie that the weekend ride to gissy so have to count me out :( :bye:

have a good one though guys & hope another one gets organised before the end of summer huh :yes:

chanceyy
13th October 2007, 06:17
I just want to clarify right now, I do not partake in such ladies shopping, dressing 'n' shit.

hmmm really Nigel I thought you was getting to be an expert :eek: at it now :whistle:

never mind your secret is safe with us :killingme

magicfairy
13th October 2007, 07:38
I'm keen BUT... my first grandchild is due Nov 5, so my daughter may be needing me around then, as I may be called upon if she goes into labour.

Unit
13th October 2007, 07:50
If finances and time permits, I would love to come down from the Bay to join you ladies. Dragonfly and I get to ride together regularly up here, and when we do its really cool to be out with another chick. A bit of a hike for me but Im really used to long distance commuting (regularly ride to Whangarei, just have to go in the other direction, easy). Hopefully we can get more than one Ladies ride organised this year in the North Island, that would be cool. Oh and for the record I dont have a problem with the boys tagging along, so long as they all play tale end charlie (they could hold hands n stuff :love:)

Trudes
13th October 2007, 08:03
Sounds cool Unit, be great to have you gals along!! Will definitely organise another, probably early in the new year.
Chanceyy, next time eh hun!!
MF, that sounds like a fair call really, be great to catch up with you if you can make it!:wari:

Just thought I'd add this too, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYD_HsEZV9o

chanceyy
13th October 2007, 16:30
Sounds cool Unit, be great to have you gals along!! Will definitely organise another, probably early in the new year.
Chanceyy, next time eh hun!!
MF, that sounds like a fair call really, be great to catch up with you if you can make it!:wari:

Just thought I'd add this too, lol.

for sure girl .. been a while since we caught up .. will look forward to it :yes:

Lissa
14th October 2007, 20:55
Yay! I am keen. Date is fine with me... and I have no objections to going to the Fush or Wild Oats. :rockon: Will hope for :sunny: weather than. :D And will have to let the other rapa chick know about it too.

Trudes
15th October 2007, 06:07
Yay! I am keen. Date is fine with me... and I have no objections to going to the Fush or Wild Oats. :rockon: Will hope for :sunny: weather than. :D And will have to let the other rapa chick know about it too.

Thanks doll, (you know what for :) )Yep, get that other Rapa chic out on her bike!!

heres (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&ea=attend&e=1417) the calender entry too gals.

ceebie13
15th October 2007, 10:06
I'm free...:2thumbsup

Trudes
15th October 2007, 10:07
I'm free...:2thumbsup

We already knew that......:pinch:

ceebie13
15th October 2007, 15:42
We already knew that......:pinch:

hehehe..... but it's what you don't know that counts aye?

aud
15th October 2007, 22:27
Saturdays perfect for a ride and bring on summer

bert_is_evil
16th October 2007, 16:22
eh rats, I can only come if it's on a Sunday or Softball is cancelled. If either happens then I'll be there

Skunk Control
17th October 2007, 16:11
Sounds good just have too see if i can steel :innocent: ummm my bike for the day/morning.

Trudes
29th October 2007, 10:42
Just a wee bump to remind the ladies of this.
It's also the day before the "Cheese-cutter" ride, so if there are any "out of towners" who will be here for that and would like to come along, you're welcome to!

Lissa
30th October 2007, 13:45
Just a wee bump to remind the ladies of this.
It's also the day before the "Cheese-cutter" ride, so if there are any "out of towners" who will be here for that and would like to come along, you're welcome to!
I am looking forward to this ride, cant make the cheese cutter one though :(

sarahtvet
30th October 2007, 14:22
would love to join you but on Gisborne ride that weekend and it is somebodyspecials bday so best not miss it:sunny:

will be up for the next one:ride:

Lissa
4th November 2007, 13:39
Going to be extremely busy this week with moving to my new house and stuff, but will log on a check this thread on Friday, so just post what time and where I should meet you gals on Saturday. :) cheers

Trudes
4th November 2007, 16:28
Cool Mel!!
Just to remind all you ladies that this ride is weather dependent, if the weather is grotty we won't risk our lives for it. If you're uncertain on the day just check on here from about 8am and I'll post whether it's still a goer or not. Cheers, fingers crossed for nice weather!!:banana:

sweetp
7th November 2007, 16:20
Hey Mrs K

Got a wax in LH at 10.30 but will meet up with you after that. Nasty will let me know were we are heading off to and I will catch you up.

See you Sat

Trudes
7th November 2007, 17:07
Awesome SP, see you on Saturday!!
Weather's looking fantastic gals!!!:sunny:

Trudes
9th November 2007, 17:27
Would any of you beautiful young ladies be interested in going along to this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=60660)???

Nasty
9th November 2007, 17:54
Would any of you beautiful young ladies be interested in going along to this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=60660)???

Not a prob ... we need to get the message out there. As long as I am back to prep the BBQ I will be fine.

Trudes
9th November 2007, 18:39
Not a prob ... we need to get the message out there. As long as I am back to prep the BBQ I will be fine.

Cool and sure, but isn't that "mans work"???:whistle:

Trudes
10th November 2007, 06:01
Weather's looking ok gals, see you all there!!
Oh, plan....
Thinking we'll go the back roads to Carterton (and hopefully not get lost), have lunch at Wild Oats then some people probably will need to head home after that, others may want to keep riding so that can be discussed then.:niceone:

Skunk Control
10th November 2007, 08:20
Not feeling very well at the moment but will meet you guys for lunch at Wild Oats, where abouts in Carterton are they?

Weather's looking ok gals, see you all there!!
Oh, plan....
Thinking we'll go the back roads to Carterton (and hopefully not get lost), have lunch at Wild Oats then some people probably will need to head home after that, others may want to keep riding so that can be discussed then.:niceone:

Trudes
10th November 2007, 16:09
Well, what a fantastic wee ride we had!!
Thanks gals, was lovely to meet you Aud, and great to see you again Marie, a pleasure as always Mel, Kari and Leigh.
It was a small group (compared to our last offical "chicks ride" when there was 15+ ladies and a number of smelly boys), but very pleasent company, good pace was set the whole time (well I hope I can include when I was lead rider on the hill!), lunch was yummy as always and the gossip was ripe!!:lol:
Lets do it again soon ladies!!!:woohoo:

magicfairy
10th November 2007, 17:20
Thanks Trudi for organising it, it WAS an excellent day out.
And the lawns were mowed when I got home :niceone: BusaJim

aud
10th November 2007, 18:12
Go Girls! that was an awesome ride today. Nice to do our own thing, no pressure and lots of fun.
I soooo enjoyed meeting you all, theres just something about bikers! Look forward to riding together again. I won't be on the cheesecutter ride but my thoughts will be with you all, good luck.

Nasty
10th November 2007, 19:45
Got home and the yard work was done ... man I got a good one there ... Grub is in the good books again!!

Kendog
10th November 2007, 21:02
I did nothing, lol.

magicfairy
11th November 2007, 06:35
Go Girls! that was an awesome ride today. Nice to do our own thing, no pressure and lots of fun.
I soooo enjoyed meeting you all, theres just something about bikers! Look forward to riding together again. I won't be on the cheesecutter ride but my thoughts will be with you all, good luck.

Likewise it was a pleasure to meet you. See you at the next one.

Colapop
11th November 2007, 06:37
I didn't bring cake!

skelstar
11th November 2007, 18:58
I did nothing, lol.
Then come riding with us next time.

BADGRL
11th November 2007, 20:38
Hey,
feel free to post up on 'girlspeed'.co.nz if you guys are organising another ride closer to New Years and I'd love to arrange a road trip from this end :) Could get a decent group of girls from Chch keen to race me up and over the ferry lol :P

Trudes
12th November 2007, 06:11
Sounds cool Badgrl, will let you know, probably none before New Years though.

skelstar
12th November 2007, 07:57
Melissa said you guys were ripping it up and down Princess St like a bunch of hooligans! *tsk tsk*

Trudes
12th November 2007, 09:24
I think maybe she speaks for herself, bloody hoon!!:whistle:

skelstar
12th November 2007, 09:30
Yeah, said something about wanting to pass you but you were weaving all over the road, "blocking" or something? Learn that at the track?

Trudes
12th November 2007, 09:33
Sure did!! That and I was considering parking somewhere around there and I need plenty of room for that.:laugh:

Hitcher
12th November 2007, 09:48
I did nothing, lol.

Your secret is safe with me...

Lissa
16th November 2007, 11:47
A bit late... but only just managed to get on the internet. Was an awesome day, lots of gossip and riding.... really enjoyed it, MUST do it again. Maybe have a bit more of a hoon after the lunch somewhere, or back to mine for coffee! :D

Skunk Control
16th November 2007, 17:54
Yes well urhumm i'm a little late, again.

Sorry that i missed most of you ladies but i did actually make it in the end.

Thanks Mrs K :niceone: