PDA

View Full Version : Manawatu: Labour day weekend ride. Sunday 21st oct.(Castle Point)

Pages : [1] 2

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 07:23
Hey people of the Manawatu, Tararua and Hawkes Bay etc, I'm a bit late posting this thread but better late than never I guess:whistle:
The Idea is to take a cruisey meander down to Castle Point (CP) to enjoy the long weekend. Depending on the ensuing discussion in this thread and as whom is keen to go we can hopefully settle on a departure time (for which I ofcourse will be late) Earlier if it were just Manawatu/Dannevirke area riders or maybe if someone further north were keen to come along we could perhaps leave it another half an hour (which is about how late i'll be anyway).
I thought it would be nice to make it to CP around late morning so we can enjoy a leasurely lunch and give us time to get home without a rush ie: taking the long way home:niceone: and not give the MAN :Police: too much to worry about. I don't know, am I being naive expecting an eatery to be open on the Sunday? perhaps.... Besides i've never been there so I don't know how many food outlets there are down there. How about some discussion on ideas for interesting roads down there and back (mind you the "usual" is always enjoyable and it is the point of this ride not to stress too much about it). Fire away....Yes/No any better ideas? Sarge.(NZ)
edit: NO METAL ROADS!

chanceyy
14th October 2007, 07:34
sounds good sarge we can flick over the track & met you guys in pahiatua unless you was looking at back roads etc

so at this stage we looking at a sunday ride ?

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 07:40
sounds good sarge we can flick over the track & met you guys in pahiatua unless you was looking at back roads etc

so at this stage we looking at a sunday ride ?

Yeah I think so...I used sunday in the thread title but as for myself I could do it monday too but I realise many people will have plans for certain days during the weekend or even the whole weekend so I thought better to have some fixture to the date.

Trudes
14th October 2007, 07:41
Sounds like a plan, the Kendogs could definitely be keen!

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 07:42
Sounds like a plan, the Kendogs could definitely be keen!
Sweet, would be definetly great to finally meet some of you guys.

chanceyy
14th October 2007, 07:46
have put links on both Manawatu rides & yesterdays ride thread as well sarge :sunny:

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 07:48
have put links on both Manawatu rides & yesterdays ride thread as well sarge :sunny:

:cool:Sweet as Chanceyy, thanks.:niceone:

u4ea
14th October 2007, 08:05
Sundays out for me as am going to watch an ACDC tribute band at a local biker spot.

Monamie
14th October 2007, 08:09
I am keen if you guys promise not to leave me behind!! :baby:

chanceyy
14th October 2007, 08:13
I am keen if you guys promise not to leave me behind!! :baby:

No probs chick .. everyone rides their own ride .. no pressure to ride hard & fast .. we normally regroup at intersections etc so no one gets lost .. or if its a bigish group a tail end charlie could be organised ... but this is Sarges deal so have a chat with him

always good to see more ppl out & about :yes:

Monamie
14th October 2007, 08:19
No probs chick .. everyone rides their own ride .. no pressure to ride hard & fast .. we normally regroup at intersections etc so no one gets lost .. or if its a bigish group a tail end charlie could be organised ... but this is Sarges deal so have a chat with him

always good to see more ppl out & about :yes:

Sweet! I've got to go out with a group sometime so maybe this would be a good start. Depends on Sarges idea of Cruisy!!

If it is too much:bye: .....I know how to get back home so will be fine:scooter:.

chanceyy
14th October 2007, 08:31
Sweet! I've got to go out with a group sometime so maybe this would be a good start. Depends on Sarges idea of Cruisy!!

If it is too much:bye: .....I know how to get back home so will be fine:scooter:.

do not worry hon we will look after you, have to join in sometime, I do not mind riding with ya :msn-wink:

I had only been riding less than a month when I joined the Ashhurst group ride .. they have not lost me yet .. although I am sure they have tried on a few occassions :lol:

Unit
14th October 2007, 08:42
How far away are you guys from Tauranga? Most likely we cant come but would love to get down your way sometimes

ldnz
14th October 2007, 08:47
I may be down that way and i'd be really keen to catch up with some of the palmy/manawatu set again. Put me down as a possible.

Monamie
14th October 2007, 08:48
do not worry hon we will look after you, have to join in sometime, I do not mind riding with ya :msn-wink:

I had only been riding less than a month when I joined the Ashhurst group ride .. they have not lost me yet .. although I am sure they have tried on a few occassions :lol:

Thanks mate-It's a big thing for me getting out there on my own-solo mum and all-I will take all the support I can. Now if it was-"go over there and jump on that mad horse"...no prob's, bring it on, I'd have it sorted in a second.....but this biking lifestyle is all new and I love it!:drool:

You know it could all be a ploy and Sarge is going to get us over that side and make us do all of his docking! :gob:

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 08:49
How far away are you guys from Tauranga? Most likely we cant come but would love to get down your way sometimes

Could always plan a ride to Taupo one day this summer and meet up there somewhere, have a yarn and wot not:yes:

cowboyz
14th October 2007, 08:52

It is 368km. I drove it twice a week every week for 18 months back in the day. You can get it in an easy 4.5 hours. 3 if DMTD is riding.

I may be down that way and i'd be really keen to catch up with some of the palmy/manawatu set again. Put me down as a possible.

Be good to catch up with you again. Hope the weather is better than today. We need more green round here.

Unit
14th October 2007, 08:52
Could always plan a ride to Taupo one day this summer and meet up there somewhere, have a yarn and wot not:yes:

Ah you just wanna check out our bikes n person :msn-wink:, the Taupo trip from Tauranga is pretty boring really for us, and looking forward to seeing parts of the country I havent taken the time to ride yet. I hear there are some nice windy roads over that way :niceone:

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 08:53

You'd be most welcome:yes: As Chanceyy points out you'll be looked after no worries, were all out there to just enjoy the day, some ride quicker than others but we regularly regroup, that the name of the game so it's all good.:niceone:

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 08:56
Ah you just wanna check out our bikes n person :msn-wink:, the Taupo trip from Tauranga is pretty boring really for us, and looking forward to seeing parts of the country I havent taken the time to ride yet. I hear there are some nice windy roads over that way :niceone:

Yeah it's all good down here:first: You could make a weekend of it and come down this way and we could show you some of said roads:yes:

chanceyy
14th October 2007, 09:01
Thanks mate-It's a big thing for me getting out there on my own-solo mum and all-I will take all the support I can. Now if it was-"go over there and jump on that mad horse"...no prob's, bring it on, I'd have it sorted in a second.....but this biking lifestyle is all new and I love it!:drool:

You know it could all be a ploy and Sarge is going to get us over that side and make us do all of his docking! :gob:

laffing sarge would have difficulty with that one as we would be saying seeya & ride off into the distance .. i have learnt to carry a map with me so no probs bout getting lost .. I can actually read it too .. unlike others of the Ashhurst crew :whistle:

chanceyy
14th October 2007, 09:05

certainly be good to catch up with you guys :D

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 09:05
Damn!! I've been found out!!:blank:

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 09:08

What colour is the ZX14? i'll paint my bike the same colour and cunningly swap them when you're not looking:devil2:

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 10:00
Current Met service predictions say sunday will be sunny with north westerlies. Long way out though...we'll see eh.

manwithav8
14th October 2007, 10:01
Mrs V8 and I could be in.. Will check both work calanders and see how we are placed for this. Never been to castle point but could be a nice squirt over that side. Did Akitio beach a couple of weeks ago and that was fantastic so hopefully we can make it..

MSTRS
14th October 2007, 10:05

If you are keen...NZSarge just alerted me to this ride and I'm giving it (more than) serious contemplation. You guys could come thru to Napier on Saturday, stay at ours that night and then we travel down to meet the rest on Sunday. And reverse for your trip home if you like.

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 10:10
If you are keen...NZSarge just alerted me to this ride and I'm giving it (more than) serious contemplation. You guys could come thru to Napier on Saturday, stay at ours that night and then we travel down to meet the rest on Sunday. And reverse for your trip home if you like.

Bloody wicked idea! Hope they take you up on it.

MSTRS
14th October 2007, 10:14
Bloody wicked idea! Hope they take you up on it.

Indeed. DMNTD has threatened several times and I'm beginning to think he's all flash and no substance :pinch:
Actually, cos Friday is also a holiday for us, I have another cunning plan just lolloping around in the background. Could work too....

James Deuce
14th October 2007, 10:15
What time should I meet you guys at Dannevirke so we can do the backroads to Masterton and then out to Castle point?

MSTRS
14th October 2007, 10:20
This is shaping up to be an unmissable event !!!

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 10:25
What time should I meet you guys at Dannevirke so we can do the backroads to Masterton and then out to Castle point?

I certainly don't mind meeting up with you in Dannevirke, no worries, but the usual assembly point seems to be the Mobil servo in Ashurst.....sorry Cowboyz....I mean AsHHurst. It is fine by me anyway you want to do it but I was hoping to let some ideas float through before we firmed up on a time not to mention it sounds like some northern types might be joining too so travel time has to be allowed for but it really depends on the feedback. I'll have to put something foward soon though I know. Let me know where you want to meet be it Vegas or ashhurst and i'll get back to you if you want. Cheers

James Deuce
14th October 2007, 10:27
How about the Caltex in Woodville then? That would be "central" for Southern, Eastern, and Western riders for this particular ride.

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 10:39
How about the Caltex in Woodville then? That would be "central" for Southern, Eastern, and Western riders for this particular ride.

Yeah that I think would be fine but there was a murmer about some of the Manawatu crew riding the Pahiatua track and meeting there. I'll tell you what, Meeting place #1 Dannevirke BP. Meeting place #2 Pahiatua BP. Times to be advised later when we know who's coming and from where.
I've PMed Chanceyy about getting it on the calendar soon hopefully so we can all sign up there. Any Idea about how long it might take to get too CP from Pahiatua given that we will need several gathering points along the way so progress will be relaxed. I thought it would be good to get there (CP) around the 11:30 mark.

James Deuce
14th October 2007, 10:57
Pahiatua BP is a cunning plan. Then we can take the Alfredton Rd to Masterton via Pa Valley Rd.

See you 9:30 at Pahiatua? That gives time for a petrol stop in Masterton, and possibly some picnic lunch supplies if necessary.

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 11:03
Pahiatua BP is a cunning plan. Then we can take the Alfredton Rd to Masterton via Pa Valley Rd.

See you 9:30 at Pahiatua? That gives time for a petrol stop in Masterton, and possibly some picnic lunch supplies if necessary.

Yeah...screw it! thats the plan from now on Dannevirke BP at 8:45 and Pahiatua BP at 9:30.:done::2thumbsup

Kendog
14th October 2007, 12:41
So Welly people could meet others at the Masterton stop?

James Deuce
14th October 2007, 12:45
Nope Pahiatua. It's only a little way up the road. See you guys at 8:00am at Rimutex.

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 12:50
So Welly people could meet others at the Masterton stop?

Yeah, thats cool, I guess at the Mobil on the way out to CP would be good, Jim2 has a point though, Pahiatua ai'nt that far eh? Not sure on the timing of getting to Masterton though...Either which way mate you'll be most welcome.:niceone:

manwithav8
14th October 2007, 14:17
Yeah...screw it! thats the plan from now on Dannevirke BP at 8:45 and Pahiatua BP at 9:30.:done::2thumbsup

Thats a tad early isn't it? Was hard enough getting the other half up early enough for the ride to wellington let alone getting her kitted up to be in dannyvegas for that timing lol

cowboyz
14th October 2007, 14:23
I thought it would be good to get there (CP) around the 11:30 mark.
good luck with that. I would expecting the arrival to be closer to 2pm

chanceyy
14th October 2007, 14:29
coolies .. we can organise the manawatu lot to met at the base of the track at 8.45 & ride over should be in pahiatua bout 9.15ish ..

have a couple non kbers interested in this trip too

Can you understand my pm ok sarge to get it in the events .. if ya have a prob yell out & i can load it for ya :yes:

MSTRS
14th October 2007, 16:17

Why 2pm? You leading?:Pokey::whistle::hug:

Kendog
14th October 2007, 16:42
Nope Pahiatua. It's only a little way up the road. See you guys at 8:00am at Rimutex.

That's the reason I was suggesting Masterton, leaving home to make that start time cuts into my much needed beauty sleep.

I am more than happy to catch everyone at the Masterton stop on the way to CP. The Mobile sounds good. Maybe some of the Rappa crew will want to join in as well?

cowboyz
14th October 2007, 16:55
Depending how things go I might just meet you over there for lunch. Trackday on Sat so have to find some $$ for that and see how poor I am feeling on Sunday.

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 18:04
Thats a tad early isn't it? Was hard enough getting the other half up early enough for the ride to wellington let alone getting her kitted up to be in dannyvegas for that timing lol

Go for Pahiatua dude,3/4 hour later:niceone:

James Deuce
14th October 2007, 18:05
That's the reason I was suggesting Masterton, leaving home to make that start time cuts into my much needed beauty sleep.

I am more than happy to catch everyone at the Masterton stop on the way to CP. The Mobile sounds good. Maybe some of the Rappa crew will want to join in as well?

Entirely up to you, but you'll miss the best part of the ride.

If you Wellington "Hard Crew" are going to be that feeble I'll meet up with the other lot in Ashurst instead.

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 18:07

Yeah sweet as mate, if thats best for you by all means.:niceone:

manwithav8
14th October 2007, 18:15
Go for Pahiatua dude,3/4 hour later:niceone:

I didn't read all that properly lol...

Will see how the work side of things goes between now and then

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 18:17

Ha ha, yeah well, we'll just have to see how it goes, not super stressed about it, just thought if got to CP at a resonable hour there would no stress in getting home at a late hour (3pm:bleh::laugh:). earlyish start, earlyish finish.

Kendog
14th October 2007, 18:25
Entirely up to you, but you'll miss the best part of the ride.

If you Wellington "Hard Crew" are going to be that feeble I'll meet up with the other lot in Ashurst instead.

Made me laugh with this one Jim.

I have never professed to be part of the mythical "Wellington Hard Core". If you have seen me ride you would know why :scooter:

And the best part of the ride is the company, so will catch you in Masterton :niceone:

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 18:48
This ride is now up in the events calendar section, feel free to put your oar in.:2thumbsup This will show up as a Hawkes Bay event as it will originate (1st meeting point) in Dannevirke, sorry if there is any confusion caused by this.

chanceyy
14th October 2007, 19:13
This ride is now up in the events calendar section, feel free to put your oar in.:2thumbsup This will show up as a Hawkes Bay event as it will originate (1st meeting point) in Dannevirke, sorry if there is any confusion caused by this.

cool as Sarge added name .. here is link (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2007-10-21&e=1415&c=1) to calendar to add ya name

yod
14th October 2007, 19:36
Depending how things go I might just meet you over there for lunch. Trackday on Sat so have to find some $$ for that and see how poor I am feeling on Sunday.

trackday? what trackday?

Meanie
14th October 2007, 19:39
Mr & Mrs Meanie are coming She wants to keep an eye on me, thinks i,m gettin into trouble with you lot Besides great excuse for her to get away from the rugrats for the day :banana:

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 19:42
Mr & Mrs Meanie are coming She wants to keep an eye on me, thinks i,m gettin into trouble with you lot Besides great excuse for her to get away from the rugrats for the day :banana:

Sweet mate, it'll be good to see ya and meet the fabulous Mrs Meanie.:2thumbsup

chanceyy
14th October 2007, 19:47

awesome news meanie .. be good to see monica out & about .. may it be the first of many :yes:

cowboyz
14th October 2007, 19:55

nooooooooooooo. I mean. That will be good aye.

trackday? what trackday?
20th. Vic club trackday at manfield. $60 for nonmembers. $20 for members.

You keen?

yod
14th October 2007, 20:35
nooooooooooooo. I mean. That will be good aye.

20th. Vic club trackday at manfield. $60 for nonmembers. $20 for members.

You keen?

could be convinced....whats the guts?

cowboyz
14th October 2007, 20:37
I just going to rock on up and hope I get a spot.

quoted from a quote from a PM.

Originally Posted by vic club
Our annual track fun-day day will be held on October 20th 2007, at Manfield Autocourse. Unfortunately, due to extra costs this year we are having to charge members. The fees are: Members $20, Non-members $60. Committee members and volunteers who have assisted with running the race meetings this year will be free. Maximum numbers on the day=120 riders. First in first served.

There will be 4 groups: novice, medium, fast, and race. Novice will be paced by a lead rider and we may need to consider enforcing some rules about passing on the inside on corners, in the novice and medium groups.

Register on the day from 7.30/45. Riders briefing will be at 8.45. A look-see session for first timers will be at 9, then we will cycle through the sessions in 15 min rotations. The session order will be Race, Fast, Medium, Novice. There will be no cycling from one group to the next, but riders can request a group change if they have misjudged their appropriate group and we may move riders into a more appropriate group if required.

Any club-members or racers that are willing to come and assist with marshalling and admin on the day are more than welcome. Depending on the number of volunteers, we may be able to slot volunteers into some of the sessions during the day, or marshal for half day then ride, but there will also be a dedicated session for the volunteers at the end of the day.

DJ
14th October 2007, 23:22
Hey all - I'm interested in tagging along. Since I'm a newbie and still got my "L", would that be ok? I'm guess I wont be riding as quick as everyone else as I'm still getting used to my bike, but I'm keen to ride with others to get some experience :)

~DJ

NZsarge
15th October 2007, 02:42
Hey all - I'm interested in tagging along. Since I'm a newbie and still got my "L", would that be ok? I'm guess I wont be riding as quick as everyone else as I'm still getting used to my bike, but I'm keen to ride with others to get some experience :)

~DJ
Hell yeah mate, see you in Pahiatua at 9:30......ish.:niceone:

NZsarge
15th October 2007, 02:47
Just a quick note for all those new riders wanting to join us on this ride, You are most WELCOME. you do need to be aware that this will be a fairly longish day although riding time will not be huge and comfort levels will be managable (ie:sore butt) should not be too much of an issue as there will be a number of short breaks at the numerous gathering points along the way. Look foward to meeting what sounds like a few new faces turning up on this ride.
Don't forget to register for the ride in the calender section.

chanceyy
15th October 2007, 05:31

~DJ

Hi DJ

there will be a few newbie riders on this one so perfect opportunity to come along

details will be firmed up by end of the week some will meet at ashhurst mobil rest of us coming from the south will just plan to meet at the base of the track (just around the corner there is a gravel area to stop on)

MSTRS
15th October 2007, 07:40
Can I just make a point here about 'newbie' riders? Not wanting to put a dampener on anyone's enthusiasm....but I don't think an all day ride of maybe 300ks on some of NZs finest twisties is a good idea for L platers of little experience. What people tend to forget is how tiring motorcycling is esp in the early learning stages, and it is easy for someone in that position to become a liability to themselves and others.
Righto. As you were.

DJ
15th October 2007, 10:17
I've already started getting around on my bike. Done a few trips out from town to Rongotea way and done a mission to Marton couple of Sundays ago (damn it was windy that day....good way to get the hang of it. LOL ).

Biggest problem I got at moment is roads that curve right...weird. left curves are fine. :confused: Right curves I seem to take slower - think I just need practice.

Mind you - if it gets too much I can always turn around and head back?

Monamie
15th October 2007, 10:22
Can I just make a point here about 'newbie' riders? Not wanting to put a dampener on anyone's enthusiasm....but I don't think an all day ride of maybe 300ks on some of NZs finest twisties is a good idea for L platers of little experience. What people tend to forget is how tiring motorcycling is esp in the early learning stages, and it is easy for someone in that position to become a liability to themselves and others.
Righto. As you were.

Gee thanks:girlfight:
My confidence is shot now:mad:

You have a point-a day in the saddle can be taxing-perhaps I will have a rethink.:brick:
Although if I was getting into trouble -a liability and all:rolleyes:-I think I am adult enough to turn back:cool:

NZsarge
15th October 2007, 10:32
I've already started getting around on my bike. Done a few trips out from town to Rongotea way and done a mission to Marton couple of Sundays ago (damn it was windy that day....good way to get the hang of it. LOL ).

Biggest problem I got at moment is roads that curve right...weird. left curves are fine. :confused: Right curves I seem to take slower - think I just need practice.

Yes, I posted before about the length of the day and yes there are centainly a few K's to travel for sure. What seems to be a hallmark of Manawatu rides is plenty of gathering points/smoke breaks/rest stops so fatigue will be to a minimum considering the distance. But please be aware it will be along day.

NZsarge
15th October 2007, 10:40

You have a point-a day in the saddle can be taxing-perhaps I will have a rethink.:brick:
Although if I was getting into trouble -a liability and all:rolleyes:-I think I am adult enough to turn back:cool:

Hey Monaime, could you please check post #68, cheers. There is nothing to stop you from pulling out of the ride at any point should you think it's turning into a bit of a mountain so to speak. MSTRS's point is a valid one but as you point out I think were all adult enough to realize when weve had enough, i've had to pull out of a ride myself before and it probably wont be the last time considering the length of ride some of the Manawatu crew can do at times

yod
15th October 2007, 10:41

you have the right attitude, keen but cautious

IMO this ride shouldn't be too difficult, yes it is 300km-ish but when larger groups are involved, the longest stretch between stops will probably only be 60-70km, so if you can handle four to six 50-70km sections you will be fine

and like you said, if you think you've bitten off more than you can chew, just head back and take your time (but let someone know first!)

MSTRS
15th October 2007, 10:59
Didn't mean to upset anyone.:baby: But I thought it was an important point to make in clear terms.
I've met most of the 'regulars' (right dodgy lot too, but don't tell 'em I said so) but as for new riders - tend to be an unknown quantity until they've done a ride or two with the group.
Besides, it's easy to bite off too much due to inexperience/enthusiasm, when in real terms a long(ish) group ride on unknown/challenging roads is a very different beast to going on an easypaced pootle on familiar roads by oneself.
I now see that NZSarge describes this as a relaxed social ride so all should be good.
:2thumbsup

Monamie
15th October 2007, 11:09
Didn't mean to upset anyone.:baby: But I thought it was an important point to make in clear terms.
I've met most of the 'regulars' (right dodgy lot too, but don't tell 'em I said so) but as for new riders - tend to be an unknown quantity until they've done a ride or two with the group.
Besides, it's easy to bite off too much due to inexperience/enthusiasm, when in real terms a long(ish) group ride on unknown/challenging roads is a very different beast to going on an easypaced pootle on familiar roads by oneself.
I now see that NZSarge describes this as a relaxed social ride so all should be good.
:2thumbsup

No offence taken- I value all opinions (until I am skilled enough to make my own:whistle:).
I am feeling quite comfortable on my bike-it is a good beginners bike- and think I will be able to handle anything thrown at me (I can dodge the shite). I am not one to try and impress- I learnt long ago I don't give a #@%$ what people think of me-so won't rush off and try and ride beyond my 3wks experience.
Looking forward to meeting everyone :chase:

MSTRS
15th October 2007, 11:16
.... won't rush off and try and ride beyond my 3wks experience.

Unlike hXc who undertook a 500k ride at that stage of riding?
Admittedly, it was mostly on real easy roads.

NZsarge
15th October 2007, 11:16

You maybe wise to consult the local Kiwi Biker mentor at some stage to help you along with your riding, it's always good to have some insight from more exprienced rider to help you put thing into place in the head. The registered mentor is Cowboyz for the manawatu but he is not sure as yet if he will be along on this ride but i'm sure you'll bump into hom on a local ride soon. He's hard to miss, his bike is all green and wot not! (and dirty!):laugh:

cowboyz
15th October 2007, 11:30
I should have logged on an hour ago and I would have missed that. It looks as though I will be along with Mrs Cowboyz. More than happy to keep an eye out if needed.

Honestly, Castlepoint road is quite a twisty road but it is not that far either. Only about 70km from Masterton. If cutting through all the backroads it is only about 120km from ashhurst. Would hate to see any new riders put off. There will be plenty of hondas around so it really wont be a problem keeping up. I was going to setup a mentor ride through the valley but NZSarge beat me to it with Castlepoint. Everyone starts somewhere and if you dont just get out there and do it, it will be another 300km of experience that you will be missing out on.

DJ
15th October 2007, 11:32
An idea could be if us newbies aim for a town halfway through the route. Once we get there we could decide if that's enough and turn back, or want to keep going. So instead of aiming for Castlepoint, we aim for something closer on route - probably what I will do- that way I don't bite off more than i can chew :)

(what route is everyone taking? or is that undecided yet?)

~DJ

NZsarge
15th October 2007, 11:34
An idea could be if us newbies aim for a town halfway through the route. Once we get there we could decide if that's enough and turn back, or want to keep going. So instead of aiming for Castlepoint, we aim for something closer on route - probably what I will do- that way I don't bite off more than i can chew :)

(what route is everyone taking? or is that undecided yet?)

~DJ

Thats another good way of coming at it.

yod
15th October 2007, 12:55
Im guessing (and this is by no means set in stone, i just know what we're like) we will be going asshurst, oops...i mean ashhurst, over the track to pahiatua, then back road to alfredton, rte 52 to Masterton, then on from there

I would think Alfredton would be a good point to re-assess

yod
15th October 2007, 13:00
It looks like mr and mrs yod will be in napier for the long weekend so:

1) not sure if it will be me, us, or no-one attending yet

2) if we are coming along we will be meeting in dannevirke or pahiatua (or further along if we're late....maybe we can ride with you sarge :laugh:)

:crybaby: dont get to do the track

86GSXR
15th October 2007, 14:05
By happy coincidence the roster boy has just offered me Sunday off in exchange for Thursday. And here I was cursing him. I like the roster boy again now.

So looking forward to this ride now, will be good to meet a few of the new faces :yes:

Some good points made for the benefit of the newer riders. Just know that no-one ever gets left behind on these rides, the gap is only a few minutes at most and there will always be someone checking the rear.

Right hand bends? Very briefly, just make sure you're on the left hand side of the road at the appropriate speed and gear and can see clearly through the corner before taking a right bend. Opposite applies for left bends.

NZsarge
15th October 2007, 14:06

2) if we are coming along we will be meeting in dannevirke or pahiatua (or further along if we're late....maybe we can ride with you sarge :laugh:)

Hardy har har! but also probably true.:rolleyes:

NZsarge
15th October 2007, 14:12
Im guessing (and this is by no means set in stone, i just know what we're like) we will be going asshurst, oops...i mean ashhurst, over the track to pahiatua, then back road to alfredton, rte 52 to Masterton, then on from there

I would think Alfredton would be a good point to re-assess

Yes quite possibly, DJ has sighted Masterton for his possible turn around point but it could be done at any of the many smoke breaks...opps I mean rest and regather stops....

NZsarge
15th October 2007, 14:23
By happy coincidence the roster boy has just offered me Sunday off in exchange for Thursday. And here I was cursing him. I like the roster boy again now.

So looking forward to this ride now, will be good to meet a few of the new faces :yes:

Some good points made for the benefit of the newer riders. Just know that no-one ever gets left behind on these rides, the gap is only a few minutes at most and there will always be someone checking the rear.

Right hand bends? Very briefly, just make sure you're on the left hand side of the road at the appropriate speed and gear and can see clearly through the corner before taking a right bend. Opposite applies for left bends.
Sweet, it'll be good to see you there, bring camera:D

Hope you two or one which ever the case maybe can make it along.

yod
15th October 2007, 15:14

good job...be nice to catch up...seems like I haven't had a chance to chase the big golden beast for bloody ages :niceone:

edit: AND, I haven't seen the CB in the flesh yet either! is our friendly neighbourhood vet-chick gonna be attending?

yup, never fear, there's always a count up at each stop and some nice person to redirect at intersections

skelstar
15th October 2007, 15:22
Might keen for this, including the 'hardcore' option that Jim2 is offering...

NZsarge
15th October 2007, 15:35

Sweet as, chuck ya name down on the calendar if you decide it's yes, tell that Jim2 critter the same in all.

manwithav8
15th October 2007, 17:21
at this stage will be along.... Will possibly be heading to Napier on friday afternoon and back on sat. A good excuse to get on the piss with family.

Hey YOD, did you read my message by chance about the riding pants for woman???

yod
15th October 2007, 17:39
at this stage will be along.... Will possibly be heading to Napier on friday afternoon and back on sat. A good excuse to get on the piss with family.

Hey YOD, did you read my message by chance about the riding pants for woman???

yeah got it, then forgot about it :laugh:

just replied now.....

James Deuce
15th October 2007, 19:30

Excellent!

I'd love some company and it's been far too long Sean. I'm going to bring the 400 for a bit of a final shakedown run, so I thought we could just belt up SH2 direct to Pahiatua and take all the fun routes on the way back.

chanceyy
15th October 2007, 19:56

I too had trouble with right hand bends .. still do on occasions but I know mentally wot the issue is .. no probs with left hand bends but its all perception & its getting better .. i have slowed my riding & working on placing myself for each corner deliberately .. will have another lesson with cowboyz soon to see if he seen improvement since the last time

hon you will be fine .. my first big ride was over 500ks and a bike that was not running right .. we will be stopping plenty & just keep to your own pace do not try & keep up with the fast crew .. Like i said I will ride with you .. no probs

I should have logged on an hour ago and I would have missed that. It looks as though I will be along with Mrs Cowboyz. More than happy to keep an eye out if needed.

Honestly, Castlepoint road is quite a twisty road but it is not that far either. Only about 70km from Masterton. If cutting through all the backroads it is only about 120km from ashhurst. Would hate to see any new riders put off. There will be plenty of hondas around so it really wont be a problem keeping up. I was going to setup a mentor ride through the valley but NZSarge beat me to it with Castlepoint. Everyone starts somewhere and if you dont just get out there and do it, it will be another 300km of experience that you will be missing out on.

the back road from pahiatua is not that bad not really windy quite a few sweepers just the odd livestock to watch for be great to see mrs cowboyz & mrs meanie out there :yes:

ahh so how much did you have to pay the roster boy ???

Meanie
15th October 2007, 20:21
I like the roster boy again now.

Hope you dont like the roster boy as much as them sheep :rofl:

rottiguy
15th October 2007, 20:26
Hi everyone, I am a forum newbie but been riding for a few years, I'm keen as to come on the castlepoint trip for a bit of a run on my CBR.

Meanie
15th October 2007, 20:31
Hi everyone, I am a forum newbie but been riding for a few years, I'm keen as to come on the castlepoint trip for a bit of a run on my CBR.

Welcome to the madhouse Be good to have you along, should be a good gathering

chanceyy
15th October 2007, 20:33

hey Colin good to see ya joined .. she is a mad house here but slightly addictive
just watch feeding the trolls they bite more than the dogs do, we can firm up a leaving time for sat & ride to met the rest of the crew

hope them wild beasties of mine are behaving :whistle:

chanceyy
15th October 2007, 20:35

noticed he said he Likes the roster boy .. we know he :love: sheep

rottiguy
15th October 2007, 20:38
cricky sport is sure looks like a right crazey place :rolleyes: I'm sure I'll fit right in :wacko:

yep ya beasties are good, hey I thought the ride was sunday ?

chanceyy
15th October 2007, 20:40
cricky sport is sure looks like a right crazey place :rolleyes: I'm sure I'll fit right in :wacko:

yep ya beasties are good, hey I thought the ride was sunday ?

:doh: you are right its sunday .. I tell ya late shifts will do that for me I lose track of the days :lol:

rottiguy
15th October 2007, 20:44
Welcome to the madhouse Be good to have you along, should be a good gathering

Cheers good to be here :) looking forward to riding with a crowd again :2thumbsup

rottiguy
15th October 2007, 20:47
:doh: you are right its sunday .. I tell ya late shifts will do that for me I lose track of the days :lol:

lol sweet glad I wasn't sitting on the side of the road on me lonesum :cold:

chanceyy
15th October 2007, 20:49
lol sweet glad I wasn't sitting on the side of the road on me lonesum :cold:

laffing hmm well from next door I think you can see my garage so doubt you would have been sitting on the road side for very long :killingme .. just look ova the paddocks :msn-wink::niceone:

rottiguy
15th October 2007, 20:54
well yes this is true, but hey over the hill looks a long way from down in my hole :eek:

chanceyy
15th October 2007, 20:57
well yes this is true, but hey over the hill looks a long way from down in my hole :eek:

:lol: :killingme but since we live over the same hill & prob just about in the same hole .. still not hard to see over a few paddocks ::clap::yes::eek5:

86GSXR
15th October 2007, 21:02
Sweet, it'll be good to see you there, bring camera:D

Certainly will :niceone:

good job...be nice to catch up...seems like I haven't had a chance to chase the big golden beast for bloody ages :niceone:

edit: AND, I haven't seen the CB in the flesh yet either! is our friendly neighbourhood vet-chick gonna be attending?

Yes, it has been awhile. I may even clean the beast too! :yes:

Not sure if Sarah will be able to join in, she may be working and may have to chat up her roster boy lol.

:niceone:

Don't ya love long weekends! Be good to see you guys especially since missing you last weekend.

Excellent!

I'd love some company and it's been far too long Sean. I'm going to bring the 400 for a bit of a final shakedown run, so I thought we could just belt up SH2 direct to Pahiatua and take all the fun routes on the way back.

Those routes are fun too!

ahh so how much did you have to pay the roster boy ???

No payments, just something along the lines of "Sunday!? You can't be serious" lol

BTW, got an excellent ride book at ANZA today, The Secret Skills of Motorcycle Riding. $16.00. Excellent read for all bikers!

Jeez, I was waiting for that :slap:

Welcome mate :yes: Good stuff, get that bike out and enjoy. Plenty of good rides coming up over summer too!

P.S. Don't mention sheep around Chanceyy or Meanie.

chanceyy
15th October 2007, 21:06
No payments, just something along the lines of "Sunday!? You can't be serious" lol

BTW, got an excellent ride book at ANZA today, The Secret Skills of Motorcycle Riding. $16.00. Excellent read for all bikers!

Welcome mate :yes: Good stuff, get that bike out and enjoy. Plenty of good rides coming up over summer too!

hmm so you got a extra copy I can buy :whistle: .. & colin .. you have to watch 86 when ya get ya sheep ... we will know where to find him :lol: wonder if he would like the goat ;:clap: :shutup:

rottiguy
15th October 2007, 21:08
:lol: :killingme but since we live over the same hill & prob just about in the same hole .. still not hard to see over a few paddocks ::clap::yes::eek5:

yep "up periscope" ahar 2 stroker ahoy :)

rottiguy
15th October 2007, 21:10
Certainly will :niceone:

Yes, it has been awhile. I may even clean the beast too! :yes:

Not sure if Sarah will be able to join in, she may be working and may have to chat up her roster boy lol.

Don't ya love long weekends! Be good to see you guys especially since missing you last weekend.

Those routes are fun too!

Jeez, I was waiting for that :slap:

Thanks for the warning, I'll check for wool over the eyes :)

86GSXR
15th October 2007, 21:10
hmm so you got a extra copy I can buy :whistle: .. & colin .. you have to watch 86 when ya get ya sheep ... we will know where to find him :lol: wonder if he would like the goat ;:clap: :shutup:

Plenty left in the shop, perfect 350 reading :baby: Don't make me mention bareback :devil2: :buggerd: :lol:

chanceyy
15th October 2007, 21:11
yep "up periscope" ahar 2 stroker ahoy :)

:lol: thats for the smoke signals :whistle:

chanceyy
15th October 2007, 21:13
Plenty left in the shop, perfect 350 reading :baby: Don't make me mention bareback :devil2: :buggerd: :lol:

hmm honey can you pick me one up & will give ya money in weekend :whistle:

hmm bareback .. :yes: well I am sure we can arrange that again ..

colin might even be able to sell tickets for the entertainment factor .. :2thumbsup:jerry::jerry::jerry:

rottiguy
15th October 2007, 21:15

lol he'd better not 86 those sheep or there might be a shotgun wedding :)

chanceyy
15th October 2007, 21:17
lol he'd better not 86 those sheep or there might be a shotgun wedding :)

hmm that smacks of the big C word .. that will make him run :nya: :killingme

rottiguy
15th October 2007, 21:22
wont matter how fast he runs, baaaabara will catch him up with her 4 dainty hooves :chase:

hmm that smacks of the big C word .. that will make him run :nya: :killingme

chanceyy
15th October 2007, 21:25
wont matter how fast he runs, baaaabara will catch him up with her 4 dainty hooves :chase:

and the rotties will make sure he dunna leave til he is hitched huh :wari: thats better than a shotgun methinks he is :buggerd: again :2thumbsup

rottiguy
15th October 2007, 21:30
and the rotties will make sure he dunna leave til he is hitched huh :wari: thats better than a shotgun methinks he is :buggerd: again :2thumbsup

lol yep they will be the flower boy and girl :)
off for night nights now... toodles :bye:

NZsarge
16th October 2007, 07:44
Hey this is lookin' good! Please (if you have'nt already) check out the calendar section as it has initial meeting places and and leaving times (for everyone except me coz ya know i'll be late) so we can avoid confusion from the outset:rolleyes: oh, chuck your name down if ya comin along too, cheers ears.:D

sarahtvet
16th October 2007, 11:35
Yes, it has been awhile. I may even clean the beast too!

Beast, roster boy , not sure where 86 is getting these fantasies from :lol: too much time thinking of Baaarbaraa and getting things out by the side of the road trying to convince us that he has had too much latte. I nearly had photo evidence of him shocking sheep this time!!!!!

The Daytona is too beautiful to be a beast although I would agree with the power.

Good to have someone on board with a good taste in canines.
Had to be careful with the choice of words there looking at the way this thread has been going in my abscence:yes:

Um 86 does miss having you behind him so he tells me :innocent::lol:

AND, I haven't seen the CB in the flesh yet either! is our friendly neighbourhood vet-chick gonna be attending?

Not working this weekend but not sure of plans yet. Thought you were avoiding me:yes: and the Honda , always up for an evening spin if it isn't persisting down so text me if you wanna get out this week:yes:

yup, never fear, there's always a count up at each stop and some nice person to redirect at intersections

sometimes they hide around the corner and behind traffic then tease you for missing them but a map and having a clue which direction is south helps ( I still have the northern hemisphere problem so have to read the map)

Hey this is lookin' good! Please (if you have'nt already) check out the calendar section as it has initial meeting places and and leaving times (for everyone except me coz ya know i'll be late) so we can avoid confusion from the outset:rolleyes: oh, chuck your name down if ya comin along too, cheers ears.:D

I will follow 86 , easier that way then I can blame him if we are late :sunny:

u4ea
16th October 2007, 16:50
Gees it is looking like a super ride out!!! the gossip of those 4 legged woolies has me a bit worried..Might change my plans at last minute yet ...

rottiguy
16th October 2007, 18:49
Good to have someone on board with a good taste in canines.
Had to be careful with the choice of words there looking at the way this thread has been going in my abscence:yes:

Cheers Sarah, although I'm sure you know that everyone is always biased toward their own type of doggies :) but I do think a dog should at least be bigger than a cat :D

chanceyy
16th October 2007, 20:13
hey guys a wee thought bout the start of the ride

those who are a wee bit nervous a think they may be a bit slower, or riding slower 2 up, how about meeting at the start of the track & head over at a slower pace .. those faster riders can meet at Ashhurst & head on over leaving bout 15-20 mins later

we can all meet at Pahiatua and at least the back roads from there are not that windy etc

Thought this might help in taking some pressure of those who are new to riding in groups etc and since we all have to met together in pahiatua may make it easier

I do not mind heading over with the slower group (not that long since I was in that situation and remember how it feels)

ok let the flaming begin wots the thoughts ??

cowboyz
16th October 2007, 20:47
how about everyone meet in Piahatua and if you feel you need an extra 10 mins to get over the track then leave 10 mins earlier. By having multipule meeting points for the start of the ride but the time the ride starts an hour as gone by.

It usually goes people meet in ashhurst and by the time every says hello and gets their helmet on and then run through to woodville where everyone stops, takes helmets off and says hello and chats and smokes and then ride through to piahatua where everyone takes helmets off, says hello and has a smoke. There goes an hour if your lucky.

Meanie
16th October 2007, 21:04
how about everyone meet in Piahatua and if you feel you need an extra 10 mins to get over the track then leave 10 mins earlier. By having multipule meeting points for the start of the ride but the time the ride starts an hour as gone by.

It usually goes people meet in ashhurst and by the time every says hello and gets their helmet on and then run through to woodville where everyone stops, takes helmets off and says hello and chats and smokes and then ride through to piahatua where everyone takes helmets off, says hello and has a smoke. There goes an hour if your lucky.

A meeting time in Pahiatua is a good plan

chanceyy
16th October 2007, 21:26

I thought the plan was to go from ashhurst over track to pahiatua? and all meet at the bp with the eastern crew hmm that would be one stop ?

.. most of the usual crew will met at the normal meeting place anyhow cowboyz .. just giving those slower riders another option

yod
16th October 2007, 21:42
I'm not gonna be in Napier on Sunday morning (but will be heading up there after this ride) so I'll meet the usual suspects at the Ashhurst servo...8:30? 8:45?

cowboyz
17th October 2007, 05:43
I thought the plan was to go from ashhurst over track to pahiatua? and all meet at the bp with the eastern crew hmm that would be one stop ?

.. most of the usual crew will met at the normal meeting place anyhow cowboyz .. just giving those slower riders another option

I'm not gonna be in Napier on Sunday morning (but will be heading up there after this ride) so I'll meet the usual suspects at the Ashhurst servo...8:30? 8:45?

We might go for a bit of a stray before going to piahatua. I think it will be easier and quicker for everyone to just meet up in piahatua.

NZsarge
17th October 2007, 06:45
How ever you want to work it, try to be at the BP servo Pahiatua by 9:30, give people time to gas bag, smoke up large and fuel up and be pretty much ready to go by 9:50. It's all in the CALENDAR.

NZsarge
17th October 2007, 06:47

Yeah I reckon that will give you plenty of time to get to Pahiatua BP by 9:30....

yod
17th October 2007, 07:57
Yeah I reckon that will give you plenty of time to get to Pahiatua BP by 9:30....

i think its about 40km from ashhurst to pahiatua via the track so 30 mins should be plenty, but will no doubt need a bit of extra time to gas up and discuss the impending ride with whoever is floating around

86GSXR
17th October 2007, 09:01
Sorry guys, I'm tentatively pulling out of this ride. Weather dependant Sarah and I are taking both Gixxers to AK for the KB Calandar cover shoot. I couldn't resist the chance for one or both to become international stars lol. Who knows where it may lead? Paris, London, Rome, New York, Milson lol.

NZsarge
17th October 2007, 09:04
Sorry guys, I'm tentatively pulling out of this ride. Weather dependant Sarah and I are taking both Gixxers to AK for the KB Calandar cover shoot. I couldn't resist the chance for one or both to become international stars lol. Who knows where it may lead? Paris, London, Rome, New York, Milson lol.

Bummer dude, nevermind i'm sure we'll be seeing you on a ride soon.

86GSXR
17th October 2007, 09:09
Thanks Sarge, I was really looking forward to catching up with everyone again too. But it will be good to see a Gixxer on the calander eh! :yes:

NZsarge
17th October 2007, 09:30
Thanks Sarge, I was really looking forward to catching up with everyone again too. But it will be good to see a Gixxer on the calander eh! :yes:

Thats if it go's into production, been keeping an eye on Joni's calendar thread to see how it's going seen how i've paid for mine and all and it's pretty slow going.:eek5:

DJ
17th October 2007, 10:30
Ooh that sounds great! thanks :yes: :)

What sort of time to meet at the start of the track?

hey guys a wee thought bout the start of the ride

those who are a wee bit nervous a think they may be a bit slower, or riding slower 2 up, how about meeting at the start of the track & head over at a slower pace .. those faster riders can meet at Ashhurst & head on over leaving bout 15-20 mins later

we can all meet at Pahiatua and at least the back roads from there are not that windy etc

Thought this might help in taking some pressure of those who are new to riding in groups etc and since we all have to met together in pahiatua may make it easier

I do not mind heading over with the slower group (not that long since I was in that situation and remember how it feels)

ok let the flaming begin wots the thoughts ??

chanceyy
17th October 2007, 18:41
Ooh that sounds great! thanks :yes: :)

What sort of time to meet at the start of the track?

Anyone wanting a quiet ride over the track met at 8.30 leaving by 8.40 just as you turn onto the track road there is a gravel area just on your left, thats where we will met

catch you then Dj & Monaime be good to see you out on a ride :yes:

chanceyy
17th October 2007, 19:09

there might be a glimpse of a headlight somewhere in the calendar then ... :laugh:

have a good trip ..catch ya in a few weeks then :whistle:

wayne708
18th October 2007, 21:22
Ok looks like I'll be able to make this ride so will aim to meet up with Jim 2 and any other rotton to the core Wellington riders heading to to Pahiatua for 09:30 gathering.
Also planing to back at Kitty's for the Moto GP that evening.

chanceyy
18th October 2007, 21:25
hmmm the weather is looking damn promising too .. let hope they got it right for a change :niceone:

NZsarge
19th October 2007, 14:13
Ok looks like I'll be able to make this ride so will aim to meet up with Jim 2 and any other rotton to the core Wellington riders heading to to Pahiatua for 09:30 gathering.
Also planing to back at Kitty's for the Moto GP that evening.

Good one mate, see ya there.

manwithav8
19th October 2007, 14:15
for this ride... We might make it but then again we might not at this stage. Heading to Napier this afternoon and may well stay up there for the whole weekend.. If we show then all good, if not then have a good one all...

AL good louck with the ride to Aucks and the Gixxer shoot. Hope them bars are now straight after the other nights dodgy work..

Laters..

skelstar
19th October 2007, 15:06
Jim2: am still keen re: hardcore start... all depends on weather Sunday. Theres gale force warnings for Sunday, but most sites/intel reckon Southerlies so I'm a bit confused. Will keep eye on thread though.

James Deuce
19th October 2007, 15:25
Cool!

I've seen several confusing weather reports myself. Southerlies are much easier to deal with than North Westerlies.

u4ea
19th October 2007, 15:30
sounds like weather dance time:banana::banana::banana::pinch:

NZsarge
19th October 2007, 15:32

:laugh:You go girl, dance ya arse off! We may need all the help we can get.

MSTRS
19th October 2007, 15:36
http://metvuw.com/forecast/forecast1.php?type=rain&region=nzni&tim=54
This tells me that it will be dry (at least) with a wind of maybe 10knots from the west

NZsarge
19th October 2007, 15:38
This tells me that it will be dry (at least) with a wind of maybe 10knots from the west

Nice work dude, thanks for the good news....i'm sticking with this forcast:msn-wink::niceone:

banditrider
19th October 2007, 17:13
Just added me name to the list - seeya Sunday.

Kendog
19th October 2007, 17:36
Well, our plans are to ride straight to CP. Will get in touch with you guys when you get there and meet up for lunch.

ali
19th October 2007, 18:28
If anyone needs a detailed weather report Sunday a.m you can text me on 027 289 0451.

Am taking family ( so it's the car, unfortunately ) to Castlepoint tommorrow morning, returning Sunday.

Will try not to run any of you over on the way home.

Have a great ride, it's a great road.

Alistair

rottiguy
19th October 2007, 18:43
hmmm the weather is looking damn promising too .. let hope they got it right for a change :niceone:

yep it's looking good :clap:

chanceyy
19th October 2007, 19:31
Jim2: am still keen re: hardcore start... all depends on weather Sunday. Theres gale force warnings for Sunday, but most sites/intel reckon Southerlies so I'm a bit confused. Will keep eye on thread though.
hmmm it will be fine we have had to much crap weather lately

so you coming chick ?????????

thats the forcast i seen I its gonna be great .. definately better out east than west

be good to see you out on a ride again

Well, our plans are to ride straight to CP. Will get in touch with you guys when you get there and meet up for lunch.

be great to catch up with you both Nigel .. see ya there :yes:

NZsarge
19th October 2007, 22:27

Wicked, see you on Sunday.

NZsarge
19th October 2007, 22:37
When you say we, are refering to just you and Mrs K yes? no one else thats coming up from Wellington or there abouts? See you at CP.

If anyone needs a detailed weather report Sunday a.m you can text me on 027 289 0451.

Am taking family ( so it's the car, unfortunately ) to Castlepoint tommorrow morning, returning Sunday.

Will try not to run any of you over on the way home.

Have a great ride, it's a great road.

Alistair
Cheers mate, might just take you up on the text thing, problem is I live out of cell phone range, might text you when I hit town. Have a great weekend mate, cheers Sarge.

Kendog
20th October 2007, 06:04
When you say we, are refering to just you and Mrs K yes? no one else thats coming up from Wellington or there abouts? See you at CP.

Other than a couple of hardcore early morning riders :whistle: I haven't heard of any others from down here.

chanceyy
20th October 2007, 06:40
Other than a couple of hardcore early morning riders :whistle: I haven't heard of any others from down here.

oh so you might have to do the early morning rousing outta bed trick to get them on the ride then, :devil2:

gotta say it works a treat :lol:

u4ea
20th October 2007, 06:49
so you coming chick ?????????

will see..might just rock over the track and turn back from there.

MSTRS
20th October 2007, 09:35
Righto...have decided to head down today. Check out Manfield, and stay with (someone - probably Chancyy). See you at Ashurst or Pahiatua.

NZsarge
20th October 2007, 11:24
Righto...have decided to head down today. Check out Manfield, and stay with (someone - probably Chancyy). See you at Ashurst or Pahiatua.

Ok , cool. I'll check in the morning but it sems the Dannevirke meeting point is defunct, but I better do it anyway, ya never know. Twats going on at Manfield?

yod
20th October 2007, 12:24
Ok , cool. I'll check in the morning but it sems the Dannevirke meeting point is defunct, but I better do it anyway, ya never know. Twats going on at Manfield?

vmcc track day

skelstar
20th October 2007, 17:21
Weather (wind) is not good enough for me tomorrow. Sorry Jim2... another time huh?

James Deuce
20th October 2007, 17:26
I was just thinking the same thing. I just rode back from Raumati in some of the heaviest rain it has ever been my "pleasure" to ride in.

Another time indeed!

I may see how it is in the am and change my mind, but thanks for letting me know not to wait for you Skelstar :)

wayne708
20th October 2007, 19:24
Can't believe the change in the weather, hardly a breath of wind here and clear across to the Hutt hills and beyond. Will be at Rimutex just before 08:00.

James Deuce
20th October 2007, 19:34
Looked like there was a front on the way from the South earlier but that's gone now too!

cowboyz
20th October 2007, 19:38
does that mean we get the pleasure of your company?

chanceyy
20th October 2007, 19:38

well Mstrs has made it to Shannon, rode through crappy weather but at least a fire was going here, cuppa hot coffee & dinner fixed him .. so we will see the newbies at start of the track 8.30am

Terminated
20th October 2007, 19:39
I plan on watching the World Cup tomorrow morning then checking the weather forecast and perhaps riding to top of Rimutaka Hill and deciding whether/weather to go on to Masterton and beyond.

It would be good to ride out to Castlepoint for reasons to many that are obvious. I hope the weather is kind to us, and I would like to stop off along the way on that road.

PM's welcomed if you get my drift.

Heads Up.

banditrider
20th October 2007, 19:42
well Mstrs has made it to Shannon, rode through crappy weather but at least a fire was going here, cuppa hot coffee & dinner fixed him .. so we will see the newbies at start of the track 8.30am

Might be a newbie too. Seeya at bottom of track.

skelstar
20th October 2007, 19:44
Yeah its the forecasted gale force (g/f :)) Northerlies tomorrow that has put me off.

chanceyy
20th October 2007, 19:49
Yeah its the forecasted gale force (g/f :)) Northerlies tomorrow that has put me off.

hey skel wot weather forecast are you looking at ? could get breezy for a bit but will ease as the day goes on .. odd shower or two but nuffin major

manwithav8
20th October 2007, 19:50
The ride up was great, nice slow easy cruize but got a little cold toward onga onga on highway 50. A quick wee stop for both of us then cracked on to Napier for food and beer at Aunties place.

Decided to head back today, down through Waipawa ( home town for 19 years) Wypuk etc... Planned ice cream stop in Waipawa with the next stop in Danyvegas. The wind between wypuk and vegas was hard work, over took another couple two up that stopped for what seemed a break from the wind.

Leaving vegas we hit more very strong wind and heavy rain all the way into palmy but it put our new gear to test with us both still bone dry once we got home.

Anyways, a little side tracked here but we won't be attending the ride tommorrow, have trucks to fix, bike to clean, house to clean etc etc..

Be safe out there in that wind if it is still around people, I am now shattered lol

skelstar
20th October 2007, 19:53
Masterton (http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/index.php?alias=masterton) metservice forecast. Admittedly they don't say 'gale force' anymore.

chanceyy
20th October 2007, 19:54
Masterton (http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/index.php?alias=masterton) metservice forecast. Admittedly they don't say 'gale force' anymore.

cool so your coming then?? :cool::2thumbsup

skelstar
20th October 2007, 20:01
cool so your coming then?? :cool::2thumbsup
Nah, made my mind up. Will watch the rugby, and the alternative option is pretty sweet anyway ;)

Kendog
20th October 2007, 20:15
We are going to see what it is like tomorrow. Fingers crossed we will make it to CP.
Curse this lovely spring weather.

chanceyy
20th October 2007, 20:17
We are going to see what it is like tomorrow. Fingers crossed we will make it to CP.

hmm not really looking too bad tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Kendog
20th October 2007, 20:19
hmm not really looking too bad tomorrow (fingers crossed)

Yep, I didn't clean my bike like I had planned, so that should mean it doesn't need to rain. Not sure what I need to do to keep the wind away.

skelstar
20th October 2007, 20:34
Not sure what I need to do to keep the wind away.
I told Trudi three weeks ago to stop feeding you with food with too much fibre. I'd see a doctor :mellow:

banditrider
20th October 2007, 20:35
Yep, I didn't clean my bike like I had planned, so that should mean it doesn't need to rain. Not sure what I need to do to keep the wind away.

Cut the fibre from ya diet. :laugh:

Doh - too slow...

NZsarge
20th October 2007, 20:53

Yeah, friggin' tell me about it! The wind is gettin old....

NZsarge
20th October 2007, 21:01
I plan on watching the World Cup tomorrow morning then checking the weather forecast and perhaps riding to top of Rimutaka Hill and deciding whether/weather to go on to Masterton and beyond.

It would be good to ride out to Castlepoint for reasons to many that are obvious. I hope the weather is kind to us, and I would like to stop off along the way on that road.

PM's welcomed if you get my drift.

Heads Up.

Hope to see ya out at CP mate.

yod
20th October 2007, 21:21
The ride up was great, nice slow easy cruize but got a little cold toward onga onga on highway 50. A quick wee stop for both of us then cracked on to Napier for food and beer at Aunties place.

Decided to head back today, down through Waipawa ( home town for 19 years) Wypuk etc... Planned ice cream stop in Waipawa with the next stop in Danyvegas. The wind between wypuk and vegas was hard work, over took another couple two up that stopped for what seemed a break from the wind.

Leaving vegas we hit more very strong wind and heavy rain all the way into palmy but it put our new gear to test with us both still bone dry once we got home.

Anyways, a little side tracked here but we won't be attending the ride tommorrow, have trucks to fix, bike to clean, house to clean etc etc..

Be safe out there in that wind if it is still around people, I am now shattered lol

hey mate, mrs yod spotted you going the other way - she was heading up to Napier this arvo.
always fun out there in that weather, should be a blast tomorrow

good to hear the new gear is doing the job too :niceone:

manwithav8
20th October 2007, 21:26
hey mate, mrs yod spotted you going the other way - she was heading up to Napier this arvo.
always fun out there in that weather, should be a blast tomorrow

good to hear the new gear is doing the job too :niceone:

Next time send her off with a flask of coffee and give us a high beam and we could stop for a cuppa...

Damn we were getting cold, pulled in at Mobil in vegas both shivering and shaking.. We were dry just cold...

Have a good one tomorrow mate, will be thinking of you lot out there having fun..

cowboyz
20th October 2007, 21:29
they breed em soft round here huh?

Meanie
20th October 2007, 21:46
Just been to a wedding in the garden of my sister in laws place in Levin Pissed down right throught the ceremony then fined up with sun shine when we all started eating inside Go figure
Fine tomorrow with dry roads Yee flamin ha
Meeting cowboyz at the mobil at 8.30 then on to the track to catch up with the rest of you

Kendog
20th October 2007, 22:05
I told Trudi three weeks ago to stop feeding you with food with too much fibre. I'd see a doctor :mellow:

Cut the fibre from ya diet. :laugh:

Doh - too slow...

Fibre you reckon, could that be the cause of my backfires?

yod
20th October 2007, 22:09
Just been to a wedding in the garden of my sister in laws place in Levin Pissed down right throught the ceremony then fined up with sun shine when we all started eating inside Go figure
Fine tomorrow with dry roads Yee flamin ha
Meeting cowboyz at the mobil at 8.30 then on to the track to catch up with the rest of you

see ya there mate, 8:30 bright and early...well, early anyway:cool:

yod
21st October 2007, 05:47
morning... :yawn:

cowboyz
21st October 2007, 06:13
any weather reports from other side of the hill?

chanceyy
21st October 2007, 06:21
Morning horses, cows, dogs, bird, John & I all fed :lol:

wot a ripper of a day here .. bit chilly, no wind :banana: clear skys :2thumbsup

lets hope its the same the other side .. will be a ripper of a day :wari:

Kendog
21st October 2007, 06:30
Well this side of the hill is a stunner, clear sky and not a breath of wind :sunny:

banditrider
21st October 2007, 06:54
Suitin up, getting ready to roll. Let's get amongst it!

manwithav8
21st October 2007, 07:36
cowboyz, not soft mate, things to do. Was a trade off to getting the bike, have to do some work around the house and not spend every weekend touring the country side lol

cowboyz
21st October 2007, 15:54
well you fucked up making that deal didnt you? You are surposed to "promise" to do shit round the house till you get the bike and then forget what you said. Just make sure she didnt write it down anywhere.

Good ride today and I will write about it later.

manwithav8
21st October 2007, 16:16
to be honest I have only left the couch to fix the old mans truck, and get into town for brunch.. Just having a lazy day.

I know you lot are going to shoot me for not being out there today but what the hey.. I still like to leave a good arse print on the leather suite everynow and then lol

Terminated
21st October 2007, 16:30
Good to catch up with you all at Castlepoint.

And, Jim2 and the Kendogs, thanks for a great ride back, the grin is still on the dial.:scooter::scooter::scooter:

Heads Up and Enjoy

banditrider
21st October 2007, 16:31
A few pics here: http://picasaweb.google.com/andrew.l.thomson/CastlePoint211007

There were only 2 silver bikes so I made sure I got a few piccys of them...

cowboyz
21st October 2007, 16:49
Good to ride iwth you today. Was a bit of a shock every time I saw the concours I thought Mrs Meanie had fallen off.

I have uploaded photos to google too . here (http://picasaweb.google.com/lancebroyden).

I do like this particular photo of Yod yelling everyone how much he likes green kwakas though

rottiguy
21st October 2007, 17:05
Good ride guys and girls, great to meet y'all. It will take me a few rides to remember everyones names.
Brilliant weather and a fine bunch to ride with. Looks like this summer will be a spiffy one :)

Trudes
21st October 2007, 17:12

And, Jim2 and the Kendogs, thanks for a great ride back, the grin is still on the dial.:scooter::scooter::scooter:

Heads Up and Enjoy

Glad you liked the water tower road Guy, it's a gem hey!!]

Fantastic day, lovely weather, good company, nice to meet some new faces and see some familiar ones;) too, thanks for organising NZSarge!!

MSTRS
21st October 2007, 17:57
What a thoroughly awesome day. Can we do it again? Can we? Can we? Huh?

robertydog
21st October 2007, 18:05

Hope you took lots of pics cause you dont get a free pass very often:laugh:

Bonez
21st October 2007, 18:35
thanks for organising NZSarge!!Ditto and he was fashionably late ;).

I ended up going on a detour to Alfredton via Tinui. 20 odd kms of loose stuff so I guess a smidgeon would be the correct term. In riding terms it cuts around 10 minutes, even toodling along at 50kph or less on the unsealed section. I'd do it again no worries. No pics as the cameras batteries were flat. Got to Eketawere and fueled up. The servo hadn't seen the lads and laddess's come through so I back tracked towards Masterton and meet the main group heading norf(s/p).

Great day out.

chanceyy
21st October 2007, 18:45
Well its been a simply awesome day :sunny:

was great to wake up this morning to clear skys, no wind .. even if it was a bit chilly

by 7.50 Mstrs, Rottiguy & myself were on the road of to meeting point 1. Nice early Morning cruise & after our late night discussion on cornering with me finally understanding how to actually "weight the pegs" it was great to be able to cruise behind Mstrs & try this out on the corners outta shannon. .. all I can say John is Blardy brilliant ... it definately makes betsy more stable, just need to work on it becoming a memory muscle :lol:

so at meeting point 1,three of us, Banditrider, Moniame, DJ, Garry H. it was a bit of a mentoring ride to Pahiatua, with Bandit rider in the lead the two new riders & rottiguy being tail end charlie off they set .. then Mstrs myself & garry H set off .. really really good fun for sure :clap:

regrouped in pahiatua with the rest of the ashhurst crew & great to see the Mrs meanie & Mrs Cowboyz out & about. hmm now where was our ride organiser .. ohh wait there is a message at the time we were due to leave he was still at home :crazy::Oops:.. dunna wait he will catch up so sweet we are off great ride out to Alfreston & short break, then off to masterton regroup at mobil

fantastic ride out to castlepoint, love that road apart from the peagravel on that weee section .. but no mishaps so all good ;) & OMG Castlepoint was certainly the place to be today .. flat water, sun, sun, sun .. no wind .. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh perfect so lunch & catch up with everyone then time to saddle up & head back other quick stop at masterton & off straight up the line, where the wind returned with a vengence :argh: but everyone handled it well & mangamarie, track for course home

damn brilliant day guys ... Mstrs great seeing you again & thanks for the tips really appreciate it, DJ & Moniame well done guys on your first group ride, you both did really really well, & kudos to you both it was a long day with the wind being challenging at the end

Noel & Rottiguy thanks for being Tail end charlies today & Bonez for making sure that everyone took the right turns :clap:

rock on summer with some more great riding to come ... pics will be later :whistle:

banditrider
21st October 2007, 18:50
Good ride all right - dig that Castle Point road!

My little blog here (http://banditrider.blogspot.com/2007/10/castle-point.html).

Monamie
21st October 2007, 19:42
Kind of speechless really (that will be a first:rolleyes:).
Beaut weather-cept for the wind doing its best to toss me off me bike:pinch:
I knew it was going to be a great feeling to finally get out and RIDE-but man it was amazing.
Thanks to all the tips/pointers and especially for putting up with the Noobies:baby:.
Special thanks to Chanceyy and Rottiguy for playing `mother duck' and making sure we did nuthin' too stupid :spanking:.

I have learnt heaps in one day just by watching you guys. It was great to finally meet you-and roll on the next `cruisy' Manawatu ride.

M

chanceyy
21st October 2007, 19:46
I knew it was going to be a great feeling to finally get out and RIDE-but man it was amazing.
Thanks to all the tips/pointers and especially for putting up with the Noobies:baby:.
Special thanks to Chanceyy and Rottiguy for playing `mother duck' and making sure we did nuthin' too stupid :spanking:.

I have learnt heaps in one day just by watching you guys. It was great to finally meet you-and roll on the next `cruisy' Manawatu ride.

M

really good to see you giving it a go now you have lost your virginity so to speak we shall see you out & about more :killingme ohh btw it was a pleasure :yes:

Kendog
21st October 2007, 19:47
Have to agree with everyone, that was a great day. The roads round there are magic and the weather could not have been much better.

Nice to put some faces to names and catch up with others.

cowboyz
21st October 2007, 19:53
Was good to have such a diverse range of bikes and riders all out together. Had a bit of pace on chasing Yod and ltnz through Alfredton. Bit of a criuse out castlepoint road. All in all it was a good day. Good to see the Kendogs bikes in the flesh and nice chatting.

Newbie riders did a fantastic job in the wind. It got pretty bad on the way back.

wayne708
21st October 2007, 20:35
What a great ride today, started with a bit of a chilli run up through the Hutt at 07:30 to Rimutex then a blat over the Rimutakas with Jim2 before cruising through to Pahiatua to meet up with everyone. Once again it's great to put names to faces and thanks to Sarge for organizing the ride. The road to Castle Point is in much better condition than when I rode last year, and the weather out there,brilliant. Had to leave a bit early but still managed to be home by 15:30 in time for next engagement with family and friends.
Till next time thanks everyone, Wayne.

DJ
21st October 2007, 20:36
Awesome day today! Thanks heaps to all for putting up with me tailing the pack - especially the guys behind me on the way home with that wind. Hair raising stuff for a newbie :eek: Learnt a lot today and I just need to get out more and practice practice practice. :) But damn fantastic day, and great to be able to put names to faces. Cheers! :clap:

phantom
21st October 2007, 21:27
Another fantastic ride by the sounds of it. Unfortunately had to spend Saturday night in hospital thanks to my dicky ticker so no riding for a week or so :( hopefully better luck next time :mad:

ldnz
21st October 2007, 22:31
Yeah cheers to you all for a great day! Really enjoyed getting to fling the bike around with Yod and Cowboyz - I'm amazed how quick that zx9 is two up! Thanks for putting up with my no stuffing around overtaking back from castlepoint, I hope I didn't do anything stupid or scare anyone.

chanceyy
22nd October 2007, 06:53
Another fantastic ride by the sounds of it. Unfortunately had to spend Saturday night in hospital thanks to my dicky ticker so no riding for a week or so :( hopefully better luck next time :mad:

Crap Peter :(, wondered where you was .. just take it easy, & we shall see you on the next one .. can see this ride being done again & again & again so plenty of opportunity to get to castlepoint :hug:

cowboyz
22nd October 2007, 07:29
Yeah cheers to you all for a great day! Really enjoyed getting to fling the bike around with Yod and Cowboyz - I'm amazed how quick that zx9 is two up! Thanks for putting up with my no stuffing around overtaking back from castlepoint, I hope I didn't do anything stupid or scare anyone.

I hope you didnt scare anyone either! I didnt hear any complaints so you probably did alright. Good to have a couple of kwakas keeping the zooki honest. Looking forward to the next time your around these parts.

Bonez
22nd October 2007, 07:54
Awesome day today! Thanks heaps to all for putting up with me tailing the pack - especially the guys behind me on the way home with that wind. Hair raising stuff for a newbie :eek: Learnt a lot today and I just need to get out more and practice practice practice. :) But damn fantastic day, and great to be able to put names to faces. Cheers! :clap:Good to have you and Monaime along. As someone mentioned we've all started riding at some stage.

And anyway the GPX, as well as Monaimes Honda single were still being run in.

chanceyy
22nd October 2007, 07:56
well at least we picked the best day to be out & about riding :Punk:.. its pretty foul out there at the moment .. so a good day to practice packing Betsy :yes:

cowboyz
22nd October 2007, 08:07
Good to have you and Monaime along. As someone mentioned we've all started riding at some stage.

And anyway the GPX, as well as Monaimes Honda single were still being run in.

Is that why you didnt bring the CX? Was that still being run in too?

manwithav8
22nd October 2007, 08:26
What did I miss out on??? Where are the pics.. Sheesh

Bonez
22nd October 2007, 08:32
Is that why you didnt bring the CX? Was that still being run in too? The thirty one year old needed a decent run.

banditrider
22nd October 2007, 09:05
well at least we picked the best day to be out & about riding :Punk:.. its pretty foul out there at the moment .. so a good day to practice packing Betsy :yes:

Maybe Sarge should become a long-range weather forecaster...

GSVR
22nd October 2007, 09:36
Thanks for the ride Sarge. Good fun incident free ride through some nice pieces of road.

Thanks to "Snickers" for sponsoring me on this ride.

Reacon we have two of the best newbies around. Nice shiney new bikes, good riding gear and riding well even in some very strong crosswinds later in the ride.

NZsarge
22nd October 2007, 09:41
Good ride guys and girls, great to meet y'all. It will take me a few rides to remember everyones names.
Brilliant weather and a fine bunch to ride with. Looks like this summer will be a spiffy one :)
Nice to see you, till next time.

Glad you liked the water tower road Guy, it's a gem hey!!]

Fantastic day, lovely weather, good company, nice to meet some new faces and see some familiar ones;) too, thanks for organising NZSarge!!
Could'nt have put it better. As for the ride it was Chanceyy's hard work really, all I did put foward CP as a destination and tap a few keys on my puter. Cheers anyway.

Have to agree with everyone, that was a great day. The roads round there are magic and the weather could not have been much better.

Nice to put some faces to names and catch up with others.
Was nice to see you Welly dudes and dudettes, nice talking to you and Mrs K if only briefly.

What a great ride today, started with a bit of a chilli run up through the Hutt at 07:30 to Rimutex then a blat over the Rimutakas with Jim2 before cruising through to Pahiatua to meet up with everyone. Once again it's great to put names to faces and thanks to Sarge for organizing the ride. The road to Castle Point is in much better condition than when I rode last year, and the weather out there,brilliant. Had to leave a bit early but still managed to be home by 15:30 in time for next engagement with family and friends.
Till next time thanks everyone, Wayne.
Nice too see you too mate, the pics of the then and now of your kids was a hard case.

And, Jim2 and the Kendogs, thanks for a great ride back, the grin is still on the dial.

Heads Up and Enjoy
Nice to see you again, thats twice in a fortnight innit?

Geez dude, hope ya feeling alright, nevermind missing this ride as it will be only one of many during the next few months I hope.

MSTRS
22nd October 2007, 09:44
ChancEyy (ok?) you are welcome - glad to have been able to show/tell you something that improves your motorcycling experiences...
MonAmie and DJ - you two proved my reservations as to newbies doing such a long ride wrong. Well done, both of you. I tailed both of you at times, waiting for a spot to overtake that wouldn't leave you feeling subjected to any risk. And I have to say that you are both doing really well - a tribute to whoever has been teaching you stuff.
Yod - that tyre talk we had at Pahiatua? I note that I've done now 1400m/2250k on the PR2s. I think they are scrubbed in now....

Mrs Cowboyz
22nd October 2007, 09:50
What an amazing ride!!
It was nice to catch up with some familiar faces and meet some new ones.
Was my first time out to castlepoint so I was blown away by the scenery and the road. Wish I had gotten some more pics on the road but nevermind got some good ones of mstrs rear end as we left castlepoint..hehe
Our newbies did really well especially when coming to those wicked cross winds..well done guys!!:niceone:
It was definitely a great ride out there...cant wait to do it again!!
Roll on summer!!

MSTRS
22nd October 2007, 09:57
good ones of mstrs rear end as we left castlepoint..hehe

It looked really fit (and small) too!! At least it did on your camera screen. How much did you want for not uploading it??
EDIT: - I see it's too late for the bribe. Jeez girl - you took enough...what you trying to say??

NZsarge
22nd October 2007, 10:00
I'm counting on it!! Next time should be in your direction I reckon, was great to see you there.

Ditto and he was fashionably late ;).

I ended up going on a detour to Alfredton via Tinui. 20 odd kms of loose stuff so I guess a smidgeon would be the correct term. In riding terms it cuts around 10 minutes, even toodling along at 50kph or less on the unsealed section. I'd do it again no worries. No pics as the cameras batteries were flat. Got to Eketawere and fueled up. The servo hadn't seen the lads and laddess's come through so I back tracked towards Masterton and meet the main group heading norf(s/p).

Great day out.
He he, dunno 'bout being fashionable in my lateness. I was wondering where you had got to until you popped up going in the other direction!

Good ride all right - dig that Castle Point road!

My little blog here (http://banditrider.blogspot.com/2007/10/castle-point.html).
Mighty to see you Andrew, hope to see you along on a lot more over summer, perhaps you could show us some roads, lord knows you must have done a lot that I have'nt.

Was good to have such a diverse range of bikes and riders all out together. Had a bit of pace on chasing Yod and ltnz through Alfredton. Bit of a criuse out castlepoint road. All in all it was a good day. Good to see the Kendogs bikes in the flesh and nice chatting.
Yea I agree it was awsome seeing all those bikes lined up at CP and those two Concours looked wicked traveling the road in tandem.
Newbie riders did a fantastic job in the wind. It got pretty bad on the way back.

Maybe Sarge should become a long-range weather forecaster...
I seem to recall that it was Chanceyy's idea that the ride be on sunday so it's all her doing.
On that note I owe you a big thanks Chanceyy for organising things when I was late, it's a Sargent curse I tell ya!! You did all the hard work, all I did was say hey...what about Castle point? and tap a few keys on my puter. Thanks again.

cowboyz
22nd October 2007, 10:03
pics on post 194 and 195. Some good ones there too.

manwithav8
22nd October 2007, 10:05
pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics....

I already missed the ride, don't make me wait toom much longer on seeing what I misssed out on... You people are down ride rude lol

manwithav8
22nd October 2007, 10:09
I found the link to the pics but the picsaweb thinghy won't work on my computer.... Stupid thing.....

chanceyy
22nd October 2007, 10:09
pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics....

I already missed the ride, don't make me wait toom much longer on seeing what I misssed out on... You people are down ride rude lol

all good things come to those who wait :killingme

NZsarge
22nd October 2007, 10:13

M

Awesome day today! Thanks heaps to all for putting up with me tailing the pack - especially the guys behind me on the way home with that wind. Hair raising stuff for a newbie :eek: Learnt a lot today and I just need to get out more and practice practice practice. :) But damn fantastic day, and great to be able to put names to faces. Cheers! :clap:
It was great to meet you guys and iwas was impressed. Glad you guys made it to CP and I look foward to seeing you guys a lot more over summer.

Nice too see you there mate.

What did I miss out on??? Where are the pics.. Sheesh
Dude....you missed out...seriously. Nevermind but, summers on its way eh.

Thanks for the ride Sarge. Good fun incident free ride through some nice pieces of road.

Thanks to "Snickers" for sponsoring me on this ride.

Reacon we have two of the best newbies around. Nice shiney new bikes, good riding gear and riding well even in some very strong crosswinds later in the ride.
Agreed on the newbies and damn you for mentioning snickers, now I want one! Good to see you.

What an amazing ride!!
It was nice to catch up with some familiar faces and meet some new ones.
Was my first time out to castlepoint so I was blown away by the scenery and the road. Wish I had gotten some more pics on the road but nevermind got some good ones of mstrs rear end as we left castlepoint..hehe
Our newbies did really well especially when coming to those wicked cross winds..well done guys!!:niceone:
It was definitely a great ride out there...cant wait to do it again!!
Roll on summer!!

It was nice to see you and Mrs Meanie there, you'll be on some more ride yes?

manwithav8
22nd October 2007, 10:16
All for the sake of doing a few jobs around the house that took bugger all time anyway.. Sheesh.. I had the whole day tody to sort things....

Oh well, might pull the duc out for a little wash down ready for this weeks comute to wangavegas...

I will await the pics in a form that I can view..

banditrider
22nd October 2007, 10:20
Piccys...:done:

banditrider
22nd October 2007, 10:21
And a few more...

manwithav8
22nd October 2007, 10:24
nice pics.. Why the hell did I stay home????

Oh well, not one to dwell on things, will get the next one out that way.... Looks like a fab day was had by all..

MSTRS
22nd October 2007, 11:57
nice pics.. Why the hell did I stay home????

Oh well, not one to dwell on things, will get the next one out that way.... Looks like a fab day was had by all..

Well, there was someone there on a M900....something you don't want your mrs to know?

NZsarge
22nd October 2007, 12:32
Pics:niceone:

NZsarge
22nd October 2007, 12:35
Damn! why my pics so puny?!

Bonez
22nd October 2007, 13:52
Seeing jim2s lil kat was interesting. It looked primo with its new paint job. Goes well too.

banditrider
22nd October 2007, 13:56
Damn! why my pics so puny?!

Yeah, can only just see my bike.

NZsarge
22nd October 2007, 14:07
Seeing jim2s lil kat was interesting. It looked primo with its new paint job. Goes well too.
Yeah, that was one tidy Katana!

Yeah, can only just see my bike.
yeah, thats saying something too. I'm gonna try and have a yarn with someone to see what i'm doing wrong, some other time, recon I might go to the flicks in Palmy, i'll have to see if theres anything worth watching first I guess.

Mrs Cowboyz
22nd October 2007, 15:05
It looked really fit (and small) too!! At least it did on your camera screen. How much did you want for not uploading it??
EDIT: - I see it's too late for the bribe. Jeez girl - you took enough...what you trying to say??

Well you were the only one in front...thats gotta be saying something:msn-wink: and I was trying to get a pic of ya leaned over but always snapped just a little too soon!![/

It was nice to see you and Mrs Meanie there, you'll be on some more ride yes?

I will definitely be on more rides in the future.Bring it on!!

Bonez
22nd October 2007, 15:09
[COLOR="pink"]I will definitely be on more rides in the future.Bring it on!!

How did Spongbob feel after the trip ;).

KoroJ
22nd October 2007, 16:22
Nice to meet up with you all...or at least those that I met up with.

That was most obliging of you to organise a ride for when my mum wasn't home so my trip over the hill wasn't a waste of time.

My wee blurb, albeit brief, is here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/blogs/viewblog.php?userid=9500&entry=308

cowboyz
22nd October 2007, 16:35

I am not allowed to put what I was going to put so no comment. Give you a bit of bling though.

Nice to meet up with you all...or at least those that I met up with.

That was most obliging of you to organise a ride for when my mum wasn't home so my trip over the hill wasn't a waste of time.

My wee blurb, albeit brief, is here: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/blogs/viewblog.php?userid=9500&entry=308
Yeah, you were kinda there then you werent,. Didnt get a chance to say Hi but Hi anyway. Next time..

KoroJ
22nd October 2007, 16:47
Yeah, you were kinda there then you werent,. Didnt get a chance to say Hi but Hi anyway. Next time..

Poor form on my part. I better sort out another cell phone 'cos if I rang mum and knew no one was home, I would've stayed on and enjoyed joining the other Welly riders for their return via the Water Towers. Oh well...them's the breaks.

u4ea
22nd October 2007, 17:13
Sounds like a super day out for you all.The pics are neat :niceone:.I did a wee loop through Ashurst,Rongatea,Orua Downs then home through Himitangi.
Dam wind was so awesome .Think I pinched a nerve in my shoulder as I couldn"t move my neck properly once I got off the bike and have had pins and needles down my arm and fingers today.:no:..

MSTRS
22nd October 2007, 17:31
u4ea - I met a nice lady Ducati rider on my way down Saturday who had stopped near Norsewood. Obviously I stopped to see whether she had trouble. Turns out she had never ridden in strong wind before, wasn't coping and was very nervous at continuing. I told her to relax and just let the bike move about in the gusts. Don't tense up. Don't grip the bars anymore than normal. I accompanied her to Woodville and she thanked me for the advice cos it worked.
Admittedly, there is little you can do about your head getting buffeted hard, which hurts the neck. Is that your problem?

Mrs Cowboyz
22nd October 2007, 18:33

:rofl: :rofl: :clap: :bleh:
I think my little sponge did rather well....might even dress it up and make it an official mascot of the Ashhurst boys in time for the next ride!!

And Mr Cowboyz....I would have slapped you smart (already silly) if you had said anything even remotely close to what I think you would have said!!:spanking:

Mrs Cowboyz
22nd October 2007, 18:36
Oh and before I forget...Yod you were mistaken for an st1300 today by Mr Cowboyz....I think he might need some glasses!!

Bonez
22nd October 2007, 19:17
I think he might need some glasses!!Finally :jerry::Oi::buggerd::spanking::chase::lol: :rolleyes:

chanceyy
22nd October 2007, 20:31
ok finally got round to uploading pics .. here are a few