View Full Version : Would this make you wash your hands

Big Dan
14th October 2007, 10:16
Just got this sent to me

let me know what you think

BD

merv
14th October 2007, 10:19
Hopefully because I just hate having to pull the door of the men's room open after those that piss and run out the door without washing and the thought of being after those that come straight out of the booths is enough to put you off your dinner.

Krusti
14th October 2007, 10:24
No.............I would be too worried about what had been deposited on the sink front by some sicko!

SVboy
14th October 2007, 10:31
Guess where the hand air dryer vent is.......!

oldrider
14th October 2007, 11:00
Yuk, I wouldn't go near them, I would find another washroom! :doh:

NZsarge
14th October 2007, 11:14
No.............I would be too worried about what had been deposited on the sink front by some sicko!
+1 (10 char)

laRIKin
14th October 2007, 11:17
Tacky real tacky.

Mikkel
14th October 2007, 11:25
I think that would only make me want to be even more dirty!

WarlockNZ
14th October 2007, 15:18
:corn::corn:

Waiting for Disco to find this thread and ask where the holes are ... ha ha

EJK
14th October 2007, 15:20
I'll take the far right one thank you :yes:

Wolf
14th October 2007, 15:24
Hopefully because I just hate having to pull the door of the men's room open after those that piss and run out the door without washing
Yeah, WTF is with that?

For a start, I thought doors were supposed to open outwards from a room as part of fire regs and toilet doors in particular should open outwards so you can kick the damned things open rather than touch a doorknob slathered in some dirty bastard's piss.

Only encountered 2 public toilets so far where you can push the door open with your foot when leaving.

MarkyMark
14th October 2007, 18:08
I wouldn't get too excited fullas, I haven't seen many ladies with muscle definition like that :doh::oi-grr:

Toaster
14th October 2007, 19:37
I wouldn't get too excited fullas, I haven't seen many ladies with muscle definition like that :doh::oi-grr:

Female aerobics instructors mate... yummy legs.:cool:

Bren
14th October 2007, 19:53
interesting!!!!

The Lone Rider
14th October 2007, 19:58
They are all in different positions.. I guess for different height of men?

sAsLEX
14th October 2007, 20:04
Hopefully because I just hate having to pull the door of the men's room open after those that piss and run out the door without washing and the thought of being after those that come straight out of the booths is enough to put you off your dinner.

One has to ask that why are toilet doors always push to go in pull to go out! I mean if you could push to go out you could use your foot rather than infecting your hands..... but alas that does sound too logical

Steam
14th October 2007, 20:08
One has to ask that why are toilet doors always push to go in pull to go out! I mean if you could push to go out you could use your foot rather than infecting your hands..... but alas that does sound too logical

YES YES YES! THat annoys me so much.
I will ask Colapop. He's an architect, he should know eh?

Shadows
14th October 2007, 21:21
They look like males' arses to me.
I guess that would fit given the kind of twisted place one would find sinks like that.

peasea
14th October 2007, 21:38
Just got this sent to me

let me know what you think

BD

No, it would make me get my dick out and fuck the soap dispenser.

Ask the next the guy.............

Colapop
15th October 2007, 12:32
YES YES YES! THat annoys me so much.
I will ask Colapop. He's an architect, he should know eh?
Have I ever abused you THAT way??? I AM NOT AN ARCHITECT!! I work for a living...

Cubicle doors open inwards for two reasons -
a) Because there is principally a space issue
b) So that people do not get busted in on - while they're... sitting.

Paraplegic toilets have outward opening doors occasionally for ease of access

Wolf
15th October 2007, 12:54
Have I ever abused you THAT way??? I AM NOT AN ARCHITECT!! I work for a living...

Cubicle doors open inwards for two reasons -
a) Because there is principally a space issue
b) So that people do not get busted in on - while they're... sitting.

Paraplegic toilets have outward opening doors occasionally for ease of access
'tis not the cubicle doors that are causing the problem. The doors into the genral area of the dunnies are. My understanding is that in commercial/public buildings, doors are to offer the least resistance to egress in the event of an evacuation alarm (e.g. fire) to prevent them being jammed by panicked people trying to flee. To this end, they open "outwards" - towards the nearest emergency exit.

Makes me wonder why a natural "dead-end" such as the toilets (I've never seen one with alternative exits) should go against that and have the doors opening inwards most of the time.

All the other doors in the building have to open towards the nearest exit yet the door to the toilets/handbasins opens away from the exit.

If the toilet area doors adhered to the fire-safety regs and opened out into the corridor/main area, one would merely have to give the door a shove with one's foot to open it (as most are secured only by a return spring) and we need not worry about potentially germ-laden handles.

Usarka
15th October 2007, 13:04
corridors are used for walking along. would be stupid to have doors suddenly open into such a passageway. If you are in a room and approach a door then you would be half expecting someone to come through the other way. In a corridor minding your own business you'd need to be on edge at every door you come to.

not sure if its regulations or not, but seems common sense to me.

Wolf
15th October 2007, 13:24
corridors are used for walking along. would be stupid to have doors suddenly open into such a passageway. If you are in a room and approach a door then you would be half expecting someone to come through the other way. In a corridor minding your own business you'd need to be on edge at every door you come to.

not sure if its regulations or not, but seems common sense to me.
Common sense enough. I've seen doors recessed so they may open outwards without encroaching on corridor space - admittedly usually for high capacity rooms such as lecture theatres that are likely to have a large enough number of people to result in a dangerous bottle-neck during an evacuation.

Steam
15th October 2007, 19:28
I AM NOT AN ARCHITECT!! I work for a living...

Lol! Sorry! Engineer? Yeah.

Deviant Esq
15th October 2007, 19:42
+1 for the "hate having to use hand to open door when plenty of lazy buggers (I reckon it's about 95% at a pub - why I hate shaking hands at a pub...) have used their piss / willy covered hands on it already..."

And no, those sinks wouldn't encourage me to wash my hands more - I already wash them each time I use the bathroom! Sinks like those would only make me wonder what sick bastard had gotten a bit cozy with them... :sick:

Wolf
15th October 2007, 19:55
Sinks like those would only make me wonder what sick bastard had gotten a bit cozy with them... :sick:
Yeah, walk in "on business", see someone rubbing up against one of them like a dog on a table leg...

I'd be out the door and running to find a secluded alley to piss in.

Usarka
15th October 2007, 19:56
its um just soap. honest.....

Ocean1
15th October 2007, 20:17
For those of you previously unacquainted...

Seems potentially counter-productive to me.

ManDownUnder
16th October 2007, 09:51
Bore some holes, mount some fleshlights and put a durex machine next to it. You'd make a fortune.