PDA

View Full Version : Wild West Honda ride to Dargaville on Sun, 21st Oct

bomma
15th October 2007, 12:39
Hey all,
after the spectacular ride to Whanagmata couple of weekends ago, the fullas at Wild West are keen to have another blat, this time to Dargaville.

As last time, they welcome any and all riders, of all sizes, age and skill so if you are wondering if this ride is for you, IT IS!!

Meeting point: Wild West Honda, 3018 Great North Road
Meeting time: 9.30am for 10am departure (trust me after getting left behind last time waiting for Isaac who showed up at 10.05)
Distance: 515km in total

Macstar
15th October 2007, 13:54
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I didn't want to create a whole new one just for what I'm about to say:

Just to let the SMC crew know: If off to Oz on Thurs for the rest of October. Looking forward to a ride you with fellas when I get back and hopefully on my new motard (just dropped off the KTM to mechanic today to be sorted while I'm away). So make sure you guys plan a tight twisties ride for early November. Sweet!

twinkle
15th October 2007, 16:37
see ya :spudwave:

bomma
15th October 2007, 20:15
bye isaac....

haf fun over in oz and make sure you bring back some duty free piss :2thumbsup

can i house sit for ya while you're gone?? ill take good care of it:innocent:

and ill have your bike too :D

Fraze
18th October 2007, 09:40
SEE YOU ALL THERE WEATHER IS SUNNY AND FINE AND WILL BE A GREAT RIDE! :third:

FRAZE:clap:

bikerboy011
18th October 2007, 19:18
how much petrol money would u need for this ride? would 30 bucks be enough?

klyong82
18th October 2007, 19:25

Depends how you ride it....more like 50 bucks...
there is a long stretch of open road which you can take the bike to the max speed...in that case you will be eating fuel fast...

ehab2weelr
18th October 2007, 19:33

if yours runs is anything like my gsx250,$20= 300km + thrashing!:first:
but you have a cbr250 (baaaaad call :laugh:) with there high reves at 100kmh then $30 will only get you half way....:confused:

but then again i never had a cbr250 so im not too sure. but it might make it on $30, take an extra 20 just incase.... hahah

klyong82
18th October 2007, 19:45
I use spent 50 bucks on my last trip up there on the 929 but we went to Whangarei and we were doing exciting speeds.....

carbacca
18th October 2007, 19:46
my average fuel consumption is 23km/L hence for the 515km that the ride is for i would need 22.391 L of fuel, at approximately $1.70 per liter cost = $38

bomma
18th October 2007, 20:04
my average fuel consumption is 23km/L hence for the 515km that the ride is for i would need 22.391 L of fuel, at approximately $1.70 per liter cost = $38

is that round town or open road or a combination??

my ol vtr250 (oh i miss that bike :crybaby:) gave me near 30km/l round town, with me burning off at every light but was shithouse out on the open road coz of having to be in high revs all the time.....

smaller bikes = more efficient round town but shithouse on open road

ehab2weelr
18th October 2007, 20:06
smaller bikes = more efficient round town but shithouse on open road

so true......!

klyong82
18th October 2007, 20:34
CBR250RR's will do just fine on the open road sitting at 8000-9000rpm 6th gear doing 100km/h....besides bikerboy has a Roo Roo Roooooo Racing Exhaust. but yeah bring as much money as possible you need money for lunch too...

bikerboy011
18th October 2007, 20:52
am pretty broke aye!! have to ask my bro for some money lol just bought a new leather jacket :) and spent quit a bit on drinks last sat

last ride up north i spent about 35-40 bucks and i was reving it 19k and most of the time it was on 14

i took the silincer off so it sounds louder and feels a bit different.

hopefully ill get my front brakes fixed on sat.

bikerboy011
18th October 2007, 20:53
any idea wat time we will be back??

bomma
18th October 2007, 21:26
any idea wat time we will be back??

well i cant rememba how far the whangamata trip was but should be about the same distance

the boys who went down then had a bit of a chill, more than an hour at the sandy beaches and the inviting pubs.......we even took the coastal route back with plenty of stops and still managed to be back in auck by 4.20pm!!

if you need to be somewhere a bit earlier you could just see them to dargaville and head back on your own

nothin more fun than makin your own way back on new roads:Punk: helps you to improve your own riding skills :D

bikerboy011
18th October 2007, 22:04
hmmmmmm probably not ill just stick with the group i might get lost and end up some where else lol

bomma
19th October 2007, 19:44
hmmmmmm probably not ill just stick with the group i might get lost and end up some where else lol

but gettin the lost is the best part about biking!! means you gotta use more than just your eyes to follow and copy what the guy in front of you is doing!!

there's only so much you can learn by watching brother so get out there and get lost :niceone:

bikerboy011
19th October 2007, 19:59
I went to Piha today was pretty good appart from an inccident happened to my mate, i got lost on the way back but i managed to find my way back lol, scary roads!!

bikerboy011
20th October 2007, 17:05
How many people are coming along??

klyong82
20th October 2007, 17:34
How many people are coming along??

I wont be on this one. But the Wild West Honda group probably about 15-20 of them usually...

Patar
20th October 2007, 20:13
i'll be tagging along on this one, hopefully get to know some of you's better.
Being that I work sats and thats the day most rides are organised for i barely get the chance to get out with a group.

bikerboy011
20th October 2007, 20:36
I wont be on this one. But the Wild West Honda group probably about 15-20 of them usually...

How come ur not comin??

99TLS
20th October 2007, 20:36
nice riding up that way especially if you go up through the forest you will be well rewarded

klyong82
20th October 2007, 20:59
How come ur not comin??

I got some stuff I need to sort out. Besides I got a brand new Kwaka that has not been run in yet - 450km's on the clock. The WWH group are experience riders and tend to be fast with radar detectors. So ride at your own pace they will wait for you.

nice riding up that way especially if you go up through the forest you will be well rewarded

Agree some beautiful routes when I was there.

EJK
20th October 2007, 21:00
I'll just visit you guys at the start lol
Sorry I can't do the ride :P

bikerboy011
20th October 2007, 21:05
hopefully ill get some tips on how to get knees down then put it into action :D

EJK
20th October 2007, 21:09
How long have you been riding?

bikerboy011
20th October 2007, 21:34
How long have you been riding?

Got my license April- May last year so i think about a year and 7 months i got another 7-8 months to go before i can sit my full.

TLMAN
20th October 2007, 21:36
Hey all,
after the spectacular ride to Whanagmata couple of weekends ago, the fullas at Wild West are keen to have another blat, this time to Dargaville.

As last time, they welcome any and all riders, of all sizes, age and skill so if you are wondering if this ride is for you, IT IS!!

Meeting point: Wild West Honda, 3018 Great North Road
Meeting time: 9.30am for 10am departure (trust me after getting left behind last time waiting for Isaac who showed up at 10.05)
Distance: 515km in total

Arent they all cannibals with 6 fingers on each hand in Dargaville?? Why would you wanna go there?

RC1
20th October 2007, 21:42
Arent they all cannibals with 6 fingers on each hand in Dargaville?? Why would you wanna go there?
only half of them,the other half in moronsville,:laugh:

bomma
20th October 2007, 22:55
Arent they all cannibals with 6 fingers on each hand in Dargaville??

i dunno but if they are im glad im on a 750....i may not be the fastest bike but i dont have to be...just have to beat the lil 250s :clap:

Why would you wanna go there?

any excuse for a ride mate, i think the question shud be "why would you wanna stay back in aucks??" :eek5:

bikerboy011
21st October 2007, 07:19
am almost ready just need to eat breakfast!!

EJK
21st October 2007, 14:23
Aw darn, I woke at 10am :gob:

westie
21st October 2007, 16:46
How did the ride go?

paturoa
21st October 2007, 17:00
I was quite windy but nothing too serious. There were a couple of traffic infringements handed out prior to Wellsford on the way north, when will people learn?

However I only got as far as Maungaturoto as there was a wee "off". I stayed behind to help, and the rest of the group carried on. By the time we had cleared away the evidence there was no point in heading further north so I had a boring ride home.

I got tailgated by a tow truck at Waiwera hill, arse hole, I got his rego and have just done one of those popo roadwatch forms here

http://www.police.govt.nz/service/road/roadwatch.html

westie
21st October 2007, 17:02
Yea I came past(noisy white bike) and was quietly asking now to see if the fella was ok?

paturoa
21st October 2007, 17:07
He will be OK. He got a helicopter ride as there was a few broken bones and the bike was farked.

Lucky for him there wasn't a cheese grater!

skidMark
21st October 2007, 17:23
errr who was it?

paturoa
21st October 2007, 17:26
errr who was it?

Dunno and site rulz preclude.

bikerboy011
21st October 2007, 18:06
I headed back after the crash.... didnt feel like carrying on.

paturoa
21st October 2007, 18:13
I headed back after the crash.... didnt feel like carrying on.

With the guy on the KTM?

bikerboy011
21st October 2007, 19:16
With the guy on the KTM?

yep!!! thats was me :)

bomma
21st October 2007, 22:47
holy shit looks like i missed one helluva ride....very....errr.....eventful by the sounds of it.....

hope everyone's alrite....twas a bloody windy day today in aucks.....

Patar
22nd October 2007, 11:20
well for anyone considering going on the next WWH ride, just take into consideration that of the three rides they've organised they've had one crash per ride... lol.

Was a good ride, even though I got separated from the group with 2 others, but we found the pack again later on.
Although i'd have to say the pace wasn't very 250 friendly >.>

bikerboy011
22nd October 2007, 12:00
yeah thats true!!

bomma
22nd October 2007, 12:36
well for anyone considering going on the next WWH ride, just take into consideration that of the three rides they've organised they've had one crash per ride... lol.

Was a good ride, even though I got separated from the group with 2 others, but we found the pack again later on.

who crashed on the first ride?? :blink:

there was a zx14r that went down on the whangamata trip....what bike was it that went down yesterday??

thats a mighty impressive record though....in fightin contention with the 250s Club :lol:

paturoa
22nd October 2007, 14:29

Don't sweat it, just hook up and ride with people who want to ride at your pace. The hares will stop for a break and all group up again.

bikerboy011
22nd October 2007, 15:54
It was a GSX-R1000 k7....anyone now wat happened to the rider?? and is the bike repairable.

[QUOTE=bomma;1257825]who crashed on the first ride?? :blink:

there was a zx14r that went down on the whangamata trip....what bike was it that went down yesterday??

paturoa
22nd October 2007, 16:11
It was a GSX-R1000 k7....anyone now wat happened to the rider?? and is the bike repairable.

He had a trip to Whangarei Hospital in a helicopter. Other than that, no news is good news. He had a broken femur or hip, but was more worried about the damage his wife was going to inflict on him!

The bike had 100% broken plastics and sticky outy bits. The rear subframe was rooted and I suspect the forks took a whallop as well but I didn't look too close. Repairable yes, but suspect it will be written off.

RiderInBlack
22nd October 2007, 16:25
He had a trip to Whangarei Hospital in a helicopter. Other than that, no news is good news. He had a broken femur or hip, but was more worried about the damage his wife was going to inflict on him!
Past the Black Heli on Norf Use-less-lee Sunday ride as we headed for Paparoa. Thought it might be a biker down. Looked like who ever it was they were doing the best for him.
Is he local ta Whangarei (PM me if he is) as I might know him? Could pop in and and see how he's going if he doesn't mind.

Doug (the Rider In Black)

paturoa
22nd October 2007, 16:28
Is he local ta Whangarei (PM me if he is) as I might know him? Could pop in and and see how he's going if he doesn't mind.

Nope dorklander. I think his name is Peter.

Patar
22nd October 2007, 18:44
Don't sweat it, just hook up and ride with people who want to ride at your pace. The hares will stop for a break and all group up again.

hehe, it wasn't so much that i minded the pace, when things got twisty i didn't really have a problem keeping up, it was just on the straights with the wind where my motor ran out of power.

On a side note we should try get another run down to Kaiaua or likewise sorted with more 250's, I really enjoyed that run, and it's the only one i've done with the uni people.

Squiggles
22nd October 2007, 21:58
for some fush and chops :rockon: post exams yar :bye:

Fraze
24th October 2007, 08:11
:Oi: To anyone who reads this thread. with regards to the accident crash rate on WWH rides we will not be held responcible in any way shape or form the the reckless and stupidity of riders who ride out side there abilitys. :oi-grr:

Firstly the rider who went down on the whangamata ride, this was his second motorcycle he wrote of in 2 weeks. To those of you who dont know a motorcycle is steerded from your eyes, head and shoulders, in other words where you look with your eyes is where the bike will go. :niceone:

Seondly, Peter who crashed on Sunday was purely a huge misjudgement that he made. The riders who witnessed his accident said he was going way to fast for his abilitys. We have spoken with his wife and he is doing well with a broken femma hip leg and ribs, bruized heart, and lungs. :niceone:

Thirdley EVERY rider at riders brief is advised to ride at your own pace and we will not be held responcble for the position of your throttle or how you ride and where you point your motorcycle. :niceone:

A big thank you to all of you who stayed with Peter to comfort him and it was clear there was enough help on hand for peter, unfortuinatly a discision had to be made for the rest of the riders carry on.
We are at present putting stratigies in place that will asist in safe rides, ie: more staff on hand on the rides and better planning and meeting points for each ride.
We are open to constructive suggestions in order to combat incidents and the safe running of our events and in saying this reality suggests that bike and there riders do and will fall of the road.

Our rides will carry on and the next one is for the 4th of November and we will post the destination as soon as we have it planned.
Take care everyone and remember where you look is where you go.
Fraze
WILD WEST HONDA

bomma
24th October 2007, 08:27
Our rides will carry on and the next one is for the 4th of November and we will post the destination as soon as we have it planned and as each ride
Fraze
WILD WEST HONDA

im in :2thumbsup:wari::clap::drool:

klyong82
24th October 2007, 11:12
I will probably be on this one....Bomma to keep you company and out of trouble. Kwaka vs. Kwaka!!

trump-lady
24th October 2007, 11:31
:Oi: To anyone who reads this thread. with regards to the accident crash rate on WWH rides we will not be held responcible in any way shape or form the the reckless and stupidity of riders who ride out side there abilitys. :oi-grr:

I didnt make this one ( was white baiting on the coast ) but I did the ride before and I would agree that you can not comment on the crash rate in the same sentence as the organizers. The ride I was on was extremely organized with a briefing and introductions made way before the ride left and even a sign in sheet. "ride your own ride" was stressed multiple times. I really enjoyed the ride I was on. I knew where each turn off was as someone was posted directing for each turn, there was no pressure to ride faster than I could and I found the organizers very friendly. I would hate for then to stop their 2 week rides as I have found them to be more organized than most. The organizers can not be responsible for riders who push to hard or accidents that do happen to the best of riders.

Fraze
24th October 2007, 12:01
Hey Trumpy thanks for that:msn-wink:. I endeavour to create a great riding experience it is challanging and disapointing when we have riders go down. We at WWH hearts go out to Peters wife and family, however we all know the risks we take riding motorcycles. :headbang:

Anyway thanks for your support. Our next ride looks like it will be around the coromandle loop. Keep an eye out for the post.:niceone:

Regards
Fraze
WILD WEST HONDA

bomma
24th October 2007, 13:23
Our next ride looks like it will be around the coromandle loop. Keep an eye out for the post.:niceone:

Regards
Fraze
WILD WEST HONDA

I AM SOOOO IN!!! :drool:

I will probably be on this one....Bomma to keep you company and out of trouble. Kwaka vs. Kwaka!!

hehe we'll see how well the new zx6r keeps up with an old zx7r :clap:

hope you're used to havin to be in the gears all the time kim....the kwakas no fireblade or moto guzzi ;)

trump-lady
24th October 2007, 14:13
Hey Trumpy thanks for that:msn-wink:. I endeavour to create a great riding experience it is challanging and disapointing when we have riders go down. We at WWH hearts go out to Peters wife and family, however we all know the risks we take riding motorcycles. :headbang:

Anyway thanks for your support. Our next ride looks like it will be around the coromandle loop. Keep an eye out for the post.:niceone:

Regards
Fraze
WILD WEST HONDA

u can be sure I will be there.........I was guttered I missed the last one but hey whitebaiting down south was not so bad :)

looking forward to the next one :)

klyong82
24th October 2007, 14:40
I AM SOOOO IN!!! :drool:

hehe we'll see how well the new zx6r keeps up with an old zx7r :clap:

hope you're used to havin to be in the gears all the time kim....the kwakas no fireblade or moto guzzi ;)

Sweet, the zx6r is good around town and will blast to 80km/h without problem. Doing 100km/h on the open road sucks seems like I gotta work the gears and keep the rev up all the time. The guzzi and Fireblade would have had no problems on the open road. But will have to see.

ninjac
24th October 2007, 14:40
Hey Klyong82 congrats on the new ZX-6R. What colour you get?

carbacca
24th October 2007, 15:24
lol ITS NOT HIS hahah

bomma
24th October 2007, 18:55
lol ITS NOT HIS hahah

actually, since he owns mt eden mcycles you could say that everything that is the shop's property is his property.....therefore it is technically his....

cheap ass wont even give the club any discounts and HE'S PART OF THE FRIGGN CLUB!!!:oi-grr:

klyong82
24th October 2007, 19:14
Here is what it looks like. Black and it has 583km's now. I aint the owner as I have said so i cant give you all discounts. You know I want to but I cant. haha...if it was my shop I would be riding a ZX10R not a 600.....

paturoa
24th October 2007, 19:16
Fraze,

I've lost your cell number.

I still have the details of where Peter's broken bike is stashed. PM me for the details.

Fraze
24th October 2007, 19:43
Hey mate! the bike has already been picked up and all taken care of!! a big thank you to you for taking that on!!
Take care and hope to see you on the next ride on the 4th of november that is now posted with directions!!!
C Ya all There!:done:
Fraze:headbang:

Fraze
24th October 2007, 20:01
Hi Everyone!
MEET AT WILDWEST HONDA 9.30AM SHARP RIDERS BRIEF AND SIGN ON. LEAVING AT 10AM SHARP : :chase:
RIDER KNOWLEDGE IS OFFERED AT THIS POINT AND PLEASE ASK US ANYTHING TO DO WITH CORNERS ETC.. :argue:

THE COROMANDLE LOOP. 453 KLM TOTAL :wacko:

HEADING SOUTH - SOUTH EAST, THROUGH CLEVEDON, KAWAKAWA BAY, ORERE, DOWN EAST COAST ROAD TO KAIAUA THEN TO MIRANDA ONTO STATE HIGHWAY 25 TO KOPU, TURN LEFT TO THAMES, THEN ONTO COROMANDLE TOWN, THEN OVER THE HILLS ON STATE HIGHWAY 25 TO WHITANGA, :beer: LEAVE WHITANGA ON HIGHWAY 25 TO TAIRUA THEN ONTO HIGHWAY 25A BACK TO KOPU ONTO HIGHWAY 25 AGAIN THEN ONTO HIGHWAY 2 BACK TO AUCKLAND. :wari:

"WE WILL STOP ONLY AT THE ENTRANCE TO EACH TOWN TO RE-GROUP ALL RIDERS"
THEN MOVE ON TO THE NEXT TOWN AND SO ON.

ALL BIKES AND ALL ABILITYS WELCOME

RUBBER SIDE DOWN

IF IN DOUT THEN CONTACT:
WILD WEST HONDA
3018 GREAT NORTH ROAD
NEW LYNN AUCKLAND
09 825 0011
FRAZE
021 66 1908

bomma
24th October 2007, 20:05
^ hehe great to see your organisational skills and entusiasm fraze!! ill chuck those details onto a new thread and the ride calendar for ya :2thumbsup