PDA

View Full Version : Hit a problem fixing up my bike!

Bren
15th October 2007, 17:09
Well, my fairing has been off the bike for a week or so while I have been touching it up. I went and put it back on tonight, and then connected up the indicators (or tried to)....The connection on the bike on the LHS was totally missing, and all that was left was a stump of wire with dog bites on it!....My bloody dog had chewed off the connector:crybaby:...bugger me!

Ghost_Bullet
15th October 2007, 17:26
Ha ha ha ha ha ripper:lol:

tri boy
15th October 2007, 18:25
Once they start chewing, its can become a habit.
Ever seen what a cattle dog can do to a nice EXPENSIVE seat.:eek5:
Not pretty. Half the upholstery is gone, and scratch marks every where.:angry2:
Keep Fido away. Seriously.

Defiant
15th October 2007, 20:44
Buy an assorted electrical connector crimp set from supacheap auto or repco and put a new one on it......cost bout $5-$10......easily fixed if the wire is too short just extend it with a tube connector from the set and then put a plug the same size on it....:niceone:

iwilde
16th October 2007, 11:22
Charge up a capicator and let the dog chew that, the bugger won't do that again in a hurry

hang0ver
16th October 2007, 12:25
Haha, what kinda dog ya got?

Our black lab's pretty chill, keeps most of his chewin for possums that have been buried out the back for a couple of weeks...

:laugh:

_-H-_

xwhatsit
16th October 2007, 12:28
Get a cat. All mine did was leave farking cat fur all over the cylinder head while I had it off on the floor. Maybe that's the cause of the top-end noise?

vifferman
16th October 2007, 14:45
Ever seen what a cattle dog can do to a nice EXPENSIVE seat.:eek5:
Not pretty. Half the upholstery is gone, and scratch marks every where.:angry2:
Keep Fido away. Seriously.
No, but I've seen what a sheepdog (huntaway, Ack Shirley) can do to a not-so-expensive bike seat.
But it was a Gummint one, so it didn't really matter.

Bren
16th October 2007, 15:37
Charge up a capicator and let the dog chew that, the bugger won't do that again in a hurry
Sorry mate, wont do that to my girl...but she got a bloody good yelling at!:mad:

Haha, what kinda dog ya got?

Our black lab's pretty chill, keeps most of his chewin for possums that have been buried out the back for a couple of weeks...

:laugh:

_-H-_
My girl is a black lab crossed with some sort of Bull Terrier we think....she came from the SPCA pound when she was 6 months old...her previous owner was killed in a car crash...:no:

Get a cat. All mine did was leave farking cat fur all over the cylinder head while I had it off on the floor. Maybe that's the cause of the top-end noise?
Bugger that for a joke mate, no way in hell we need another
cat....got 4 already, and a lorikeet, and fish...bloody all we need now is a few sheep and a cow!:laugh: