PDA

View Full Version : Wet Weather Tyres

wari
28th October 2002, 02:17
I'm going to need some new tyres soon ... I want some that are good in the wet (ride every day in Auckland) but also long lasting. Does anyone have a recommendation?

SPman
28th October 2002, 16:35
I'm running Bridgerstone 010's around Ak, and they seem fine in the wet.
If you want longer lasting you could try 020's

Kiwi
28th October 2002, 21:43
I am running Metzeler M1 SportTec on my Duc - very nice also on a wet road

Kiwi

Kiwibiker
29th October 2002, 22:15
I'm riding 010's on the Triumph and never had a problem in the wet, on the ZZR I run an 010 on the front and a 020 on the rear, this combination seems to work, gives me confidence in the front end and longevity in the rear

Nukles
1st November 2002, 23:16
i ride every day in AKL as well and understand your quest :argh:

i have tried many tyres in the past 4 years and have had bikes powerful enough to be scary as hell when it's wet...

well i just spent the second half of the winter with the best damn tyre for wet riding in a city and everywhere else.

Dunlop D208s a regular one in front and a GP in the rear. and DAMN ! ! ! !

i live in Mt-Eden close to the prison and in the morning, by the time i'm down on Khyber Pass to hop on SH1 south i can lean the bike in the on-ramp... you know how nice that one is :bigthumb:

they take all of 4 minutes to warm up on a rainy day, that is unfu#&%n-believable. they also have the most stable profile as well you never feel disconnected and you can read the road like braille. :D

what i would recommend it, as always, get a pair... but don't put them on the same day. Keri at Motomail can arrange that for you. Just get the rear one first, light-up a nice patch to scuff the skin off of it before you leave (Keri loves it when i do that) and a day or two later go back to get the front installed. the front will take about 30 40 Ks to start sticking which is very good and then you'll be the newest member in my happy bubble
:done:

i used to swear by Pirelli Dragon EVO ans Supercorsa but these warm up a zillion times faster. with not much effort.