PDA

View Full Version : LBTW is Taupo

limbimtimwim
15th October 2007, 21:26
This is like my 12th attempt at starting this self indulgent set of lies that most pass off for a race report. Unlike the rest, I won't lie to you about what happened, horseshit about getting their knee down or passing someone on the outside on one wheel uphill because their front wheel has fallen off.

I'm gonna tell it straight to you like the honest person I am.

Me and Deano climbed aboard our helicopter early on Saturday morning from our exclusive retreat hidden in the Waiarapa and landed in the field next to the race track and sauntered into our executive pit garage my new1 brolly dolly Cindy had just finished cleaning my leathers and helped me into them and said something about me having a very nice arse today and that she'd like to see some more of it later.

My pit bitch on loan from HRC pulled the cover off my pristine RC212V and told me that Aaron (Slight) had done some laps yesterday to dial in the suspension for Taupo, and that the suspension guy had made some tweaks for me because of my faster pace than Aaron around the corners and more aggressive braking.

I didn't bother with scrub in, I let Aaron do that.

I qualified a healthy 1st, a good 25 seconds ahead of next best Casey Stoner. I had noticed a slight twitch coming out of the sweeper and made a note to give the mechanics a jolly good talking to about that later.

First race and the flag dropped. Obviously I was first to the corner and did the first 4 laps far out ahead. As I was coming in to lap Rossi for the second time the engine spluttered as I came into the hairpin and died. I figured I had enough time to push the bike bike to the finish line and still claim first place. So I got off and pushed the bike from the hairpin to the finish line. I glanced at the speedo as I ran down the back straight and saw 25km/h and then up at the thousands of fans in the stands cheering me on. I jumped up on seat and gave them all a wave and a bow. I saw some young women faint when I did that. Anyway, I rolled the bike across the line just as Stoner was coming to the end of the back straight. I have to admit I was feeling a little pooped. I should lay off the caviar.

Turns out the bike stopped because the battery was not charged properly. The mechanic in charge of batteries promptly feel on his sword. While I think this seems a little odd in our culture, I do think in this case that was the respectful thing to do.

Race two was just an unmitigated success and I rolled to victory by 7 minutes. I didn't even break a sweat, even when it broke down again on the back straight. I quickly diagnosed this as simply running out of fuel. So I urinated in the tank and used the engine to ride in to victory. My urine is flammable.2

At prize giving I collected my 6th 'no. 1' sash for the season.

I then went on to party with supermodels and snort enough a-class to supply then entire Auckland CBD for a weekend.

All and all, a pretty regular weekend.

I snapped this photo of Valentino. It explains a lot.

1 New, the old one left mumbling something about 'it is too big'. To this day I don't know what she is talking about.
2 I'm out of material okay, I'm getting tired.

cowpoos
15th October 2007, 21:45
and I though my race reports were delusional!!

skelstar
15th October 2007, 22:27
Best race report AGAIN Simon. Awesome dude.

UNICORN POWER!!!

skelstar
15th October 2007, 22:29
and I though my race reports were delusional!!

I guess you had to be there.

Poos.

Kendog
16th October 2007, 05:28
Great report.

I believed it right up to looking at the picture. The photo shop addition of your hands onto Valentino's body gave it away.

Colapop
16th October 2007, 05:38
I was particularly impressed with the way you deigned to help the lesser mortals on the day with riding tips - such a gracious giving man....

Trudes
16th October 2007, 06:07
:killingme: *Swoon* :thud::rofl:

roadracingoldfart
16th October 2007, 06:12
I just wish you fancy top billed riders would stop swapping the colour of your leathers , that could be why i didnt see you out there doing it to the class.
After lap 2 i thought you were a backmarker /lapped rider but now underestand you were just so completely dominant that you learned eveybody. I think it was very honerable of you to leave the throtle closed at the last second to allow Jay to take the lap record, this makes you a very unselfish person.
As a recent attendee of a first aid course i was luckily on hand to attend to all the fallen maidens in the stand but im sure after a couple of days of rehab they will recover.
I must say after the race i was a bit pissed off you didnt make a flag marshall hold your bike while you threw your leathers and helmet and gloves at the crowd, slightly selfish dont you think ?,something to remember for next time aye.
When you pissed into the tank i saw you take a small sip and figured it was almost pure Champaigne anyway so with a good frothy mix in the tank its no wonder it was flamable.
Absolutely brilliant show old bean , great style and panache , thankyou.

Clivoris
16th October 2007, 07:17
:lol: Brilliant, I'm simply not worthy. If you need someone to clean your earwax at the next meeting please have your butler's manservant get me.

MSTRS
16th October 2007, 07:44
Not wanting the rain on your parade LBTW, but isn't this in the wrong forum? In fact, I think it belongs here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=58960
:bleh::Pokey:

slowpoke
16th October 2007, 08:36
Tsk, tsk, tsk....I told you that Slighty was past it. You've got to find someone who can push the bike to YOUR level during setup, not just potter around. Still, I suppose there are few challenges left so we should be greatful you felt you had to extend yourself in any way, shape or form....

I just feel sorry for Deano having to perpetually live in your shadow.....

Matt Bleck
16th October 2007, 08:37
:laugh: great write up simon! :niceone:

Nicksta
16th October 2007, 08:57
lol.. love it.....
well done at taupo dude... see you next year!

Leong
16th October 2007, 13:01
My pit bitch on loan from HRC pulled the cover off my pristine RC212V and told me that Aaron (Slight) had done some laps yesterday to dial in the suspension for Taupo, and that the suspension guy had made some tweaks for me because of my faster pace than Aaron around the corners and more aggressive braking.

Not to mention you're a whole lot lighter than him!!! :devil2:

Nice report!!

jrandom
16th October 2007, 13:05
Unicorn power!

PBF for the win!

:niceone:

Riff Raff
16th October 2007, 17:12
You're so dreamy Simon. :love:

flame
16th October 2007, 17:38
sauntered into our executive pit garage my new1 brolly dolly Cindy had just finished cleaning my leathers and helped me into them and said something about me having a very nice arse today and that she'd like to see some more of it later.

this seems a little odd

[[/size]

...and NOW I understand where you were on Friday night, while sitting on the couch with a sly grin accross your face, totally oblivious to the rest of us leaping around and throwing shoes at your head :msn-wink:

....where is Saturdays report ?

BTW, dam good effort out there Saturday matie:2thumbsup and much fun sharing the weekend with you again :)

Lissa
16th October 2007, 18:15
heehee. Great write up Simon. Dont get rid of the sticker!

You somehow forgot to mention the bit when you tried to take advantage of your number one fan.... he's taking you down for sexual harrassment so I heard. He said your breath smelt. :crazy:

scracha
16th October 2007, 18:48
I'm just honored I got to sleep near your feet Simon. :buggerd: