PDA

View Full Version : Worried about coming to NZ

Quickrik
16th October 2007, 21:03
Kiora KBers,

My names Rik in the UK and I'm in the process of comming over to NZ arriving about Feb. time. Thinking of Christchurch. Now I bloody love my bikes, all colours, dirt, road or track. But I've got some serious concerns about the move to NZ.

1) Shipping a few of my bikes and gear over, but these will come months after I arrive, what am I going to do, I can't miss out on the last of the summer :no:

2) Tell me its possible to get TV access to MOTOGP and more trickily the 125s. I can conceed that I might not get to (or want to) watch every race live.

3) Whats the trackday scene like over there? Is it worth bringing my GP125 over? are they cool with race bikes? Do they allow laptimers with IR beacons (because they don't in the UK)

Cheers Rik

James Deuce
16th October 2007, 21:53
1. Ship one of them early to a storage facility. Have a look at www.yellowpages.co.nz to find one. Either get a carnet de passage for it and ride on UK plates or promise to keep it for 12 months and get NZ registration organised. www.customs.govt.nz www.ltsa.govt.nz

2. Yes. You will be in the land of the oval ball sport worshipper though, so be prepared for 125s to be delayed or forgotten about altogether if there is a game with an oval ball in it scheduled for that day.

3. Race the darn thing. K14 just went over to Philip Island and raced in the 125 support class. You'll be able to enter your 125 in a couple of classes so you'll probably get more racing in NZ than in the UK. Track days will seem blissfully underpopulated too, and yes race bikes will be fine, though you should check with the track day organisers about the beacon. Look here: http://www.motorcyclingnz.co.nz/ for the race rules.

cowpoos
16th October 2007, 22:22
theres at least two trackdays a month..minumim...and one race meeting a month if not more aswell!! and ur GP125 bike will be fine for trackdays for the most part...and you could always just go to testdays at manfield taupo or pukie...usually less bikes on the trrack and cheaper bar taupo...

boomer
16th October 2007, 22:26
i'd stay there mate.. far too much terrorism over here

Quickrik
16th October 2007, 22:52
i'd stay there mate.. far too much terrorism over here

Would it be best if I ship my bomb belt over first or just wear it on the plane?

illusivemenace
4th November 2007, 09:13
Would it be best if I ship my bomb belt over first or just wear it on the plane?

na just practise ya spear chucking blaaah:bleh::bleh:

Kickaha
4th November 2007, 09:47
Kiora KBers,

My names Rik in the UK and I'm in the process of comming over to NZ arriving about Feb. time. Thinking of Christchurch. Now I bloody love my bikes, all colours, dirt, road or track. But I've got some serious concerns about the move to NZ.

1) Shipping a few of my bikes and gear over, but these will come months after I arrive, what am I going to do, I can't miss out on the last of the summer :no:

2) Tell me its possible to get TV access to MOTOGP and more trickily the 125s. I can conceed that I might not get to (or want to) watch every race live.

3) Whats the trackday scene like over there? Is it worth bringing my GP125 over? are they cool with race bikes? Do they allow laptimers with IR beacons (because they don't in the UK)

Cheers Rik

In Christchurch you are 15-20 minutes from the race track, which is available Tuesdays and Fridays for about $50NZ for 1/2 day hire

Levels Race track is 150km South and there are 3 meetings a year (not including Nationals)

MCC run a race meeting pretty much every month at Ruapuna (Chch track) and 2-3 "track days" a year

There is a reasonably active 125GP scene here

Pretty sure you can run laptimers on 125GP

fishb8nz
9th November 2007, 04:54
We get full MotoGp coverage on Sky digital, usually live (in the middle of the night!!), including the 125's.

Nicola W
20th November 2007, 02:17
Edit.

Just seen another thread more appropriate.