PDA

View Full Version : Fastest 50?

Coyote
17th October 2004, 11:04
Whats the fastest 50cc scooter?

dhunt
17th October 2004, 11:42
Whats the fastest 50cc scooter?
There was a NOS injected one on trademe a while ago. I think the guy said he'd had it up to 103km/h or something like that.

Motu
17th October 2004, 13:53
Most 50cc scooters are limited on top speed,that's why you can ride them with a car licence.I remember one with a foot operated power valve - I think it was a Honda,was water cooled with twin square headlamps,it still didn't go fast.50cc bikes can go a lot faster of course,my C50 stepthrough was good for about 80kph,just about safe on the motorway.30 or more years ago we timed a Suzuki AC50 at 70mph,say 120kph,the water cooled Zundapp 50cc was bloody fast in it's day too - of course in this day and age they must be twice as fast as that.

The Pastor
19th October 2004, 15:39
Get a vespa,

Speed should not really be a issue tof think about, as they dont get up too much speed, but there great for inner city traverling, I always see sum tosser riding on the footpath etc.

jrandom
19th October 2004, 15:46
... of course in this day and age they must be twice as fast as that.

I'm afraid not.

One day, when all the grumpy old oil-stained counterculture petrolheads have finally been kicked out of the R&D divisions, someone will start engineering better, smaller, more economical and higher-performance motorcycle engines.

In the meantime, we'll just have to live with the fact that since 1953 or thereabouts, it's all been downhill.

Motu
19th October 2004, 16:28
And you needed a down hill with a BSA Bantam!

texmo
16th November 2004, 19:11
50cc by law have to be under a certain speed, like they cant go faster than 80km or something.
I think some of the new yama's are the fastest you have to derestrict them tho which is no biggy; Cut,clamp,weld. 5mins and you done.
But the best 50cc is a vespa S.S. Super 50cc old school I think scooter world are fixing one right now thats insured for about $10k......

THEMOPEDMADMAN
1st March 2005, 03:18
the fastest 50cc i've been on was a yammaha aerox 50 with upjeted carb uprated clutch belt etc...some crazy stuff i dont know about on the electricks and a digital speedo because it went off the normal needal clock i got 80+mph which felt very unsafe as i didnt have a helmet on and the bike was vibrating......these bikes are not made for this type of speed!

zeRax
2nd March 2005, 20:10
^ he has a large name and it frightens me.

Timber020
8th March 2005, 19:36
It doesnt count but my RG50 does over 100kmph (wolf model, race ignition, pipe etc)

Eddieb
9th March 2005, 10:48
So when are you bringing it bucket racing? F5 Dave needs some other competition apart from young Jay.

Timber020
10th March 2005, 21:53
Sorry not going to do it, the rg50 is becoming a rare machine with all the bucket racers killing them, its to much fun thrashing around town without being to much like cop bait.

Hows the racing going Eddy?

Ixion
10th March 2005, 22:18
And you needed a down hill with a BSA Bantam!

Well, my old Bantam was good for over 65 mph , with a good tail wind.

That's about 20 mph faster than standard. Must have been putting out at least 10bhp :niceone:

Mind you Mr Beesa would have disowned it on the spot ! And it would give Mr Plod terminal heart failure nowadays.

When I think of the hours of work I put it in modifiying and tuning that thing. I must have been mad. Or young. Or yeah, same thing.

Bloody indestructable little bast**ds of bikes though.

We used to go trail riding on them before trail riding was invented, and there wasn't much they couldn't get through .