PDA

View Full Version : Instant devaluation video..

98tls
17th October 2007, 14:18
New bike,new tires + squid =:blank:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zNUPDmnz4&NR=1

deanohit
17th October 2007, 14:33
Sorry mate, but this was up a few days ago, took abit to find the link though.
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=58892&highlight=what+helmet+this

I still get a laugh out of watching him on his new Gixxer and in matching suzuki leathers go 10 metres and drop it.

tri boy
17th October 2007, 15:04
Ohh dear......some mothers do ave em.:oi-grr:

bert_is_evil
17th October 2007, 15:58
Please please let me never do that

NighthawkNZ
17th October 2007, 16:03
:scratch: how did he do that... lets examine it what did he do wrong... any one... any one

We should use these videos to teach what not to do and then explain what happens and why

dwnundabkr
17th October 2007, 21:10
bugga he wasnt the first and i am sure he wont be the last

Renegade
17th October 2007, 22:01
thats the funniest thing ive seen in days!!!!!!!

Ghost_Bullet
17th October 2007, 22:15
By the seems of it, they must just be made to crash... look at this one....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vy2ci8a3GSA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Vy2ci8a3GSA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

It went down even with out the rider on board!!!!!:doh:

Dave-
17th October 2007, 22:17
^ ha, funny how there's all that empty space for it to fall onti it's side...but it hits the one object

xwhatsit
17th October 2007, 22:23
Man, the original video... poor guy.

I agree with one of the posters on the Youtube page, he doesn't seem too squid-y to me. Full leathers, didn't grab too much of a handful, was riding relatively sensibly. Are they really that torquey (I've only taken a GSXR600 for a pootle), or has perhaps the valet gone a bit overboard with the tyre polish?

Same thoughts as NighthawkNZ -- can anybody explain to this little 250 rider exactly what went wrong there?

NighthawkNZ
18th October 2007, 06:29
Same thoughts as NighthawkNZ -- can anybody explain to this little 250 rider exactly what went wrong there?

From what I can tell, he put to much power on when he was trying to straighten up. A bit of a fish tail while still powering on and over he goes joe. I need to watch it a couple more times though to really examine it.

Someone else nay have a better idea or see it better than I

deanohit
18th October 2007, 06:33
My thinking is he's in a car park, there may be a small amount of oil or diesal on the road. He gives it a bit, no traction and the bike goes down.

deanohit
18th October 2007, 06:36
^ ha, funny how there's all that empty space for it to fall onto it's side...but it hits the one object

+1 :killingme

Grahameeboy
18th October 2007, 06:47
Odd, didn't seem to give it any, I mean there was a car in front. Reckon the tyres need questioning................or he was in C mode

Pumba
18th October 2007, 07:16
Stone cold tyres bran new tyers + Oil on or other slipary substance in carpark + possible over polishing with tyre polish = The end result you have seen.

Mental Trousers
18th October 2007, 08:15
Looked to be either oil on the ground or some over enthusiastic hairy put silicon on the tyres

*caution*
18th October 2007, 08:17
Can anyone translate/hear what they said in the first video? not that it really matters but would be interesting.

second video, those guys are classic, just seems like a big joke....ahahha, you smashed your gixxer agian!! back to the factory... oh well this months not going to bad its only the 3rd time....

Dave-
18th October 2007, 08:21
Can anyone translate/hear what they said in the first video? not that it really matters but would be interesting.

second video, those guys are classic, just seems like a big joke....ahahha, you smashed your gixxer agian!! back to the factory... oh well this months not going to bad its only the 3rd time....

I bet he's a dealer or something, probbaly get it covered under some insurance or just say "fuuuck, this new GSXR came in all smashed up..."

Toast
18th October 2007, 14:24
I like one of the comments in the first vid...

'Yay for newbies, cheap second hand parts for us all'...so true

Renegade
18th October 2007, 16:52
could it have been mechanical? say back wheel not done up tight?

98tls
18th October 2007, 17:00
could it have been mechanical? say back wheel not done up tight? Doubt it,i know a bloke who took a Yamaha Thunderace for a test ride,when he noticed that some plonker had put some kind of tyre black stuff all over the rear wheel he said na forget it,the salesman took the bike out back and washed the tyre:2guns:the stuff is supposed to be waterproof and against his better judgement they convinced him to ride the thing,straight out the shop onto the street and you guessed it down she went.

bert_is_evil
19th October 2007, 08:22
Doubt it,i know a bloke who took a Yamaha Thunderace for a test ride,when he noticed that some plonker had put some kind of tyre black stuff all over the rear wheel he said na forget it,the salesman took the bike out back and washed the tyre:2guns:the stuff is supposed to be waterproof and against his better judgement they convinced him to ride the thing,straight out the shop onto the street and you guessed it down she went.

That's f#cked up - did they make him pay the insurance excess?