PDA

View Full Version : Would this rear survive Frosty's Day?

Gremlin
17th October 2007, 15:44
Doing Frosty's Day on the 28th, will be riding down from auckland, riding back up afterwards.

Basically, after a rough idea if 1, scrutineers are happy with the amount of tread (never been on a track before ya see) and 2, whether it will last. Got no intention of risking my life, I just really don't want to fit a brand new one, only to rip it up (zx10's do that to tyres).

If the people in the know don't think its good enough, I'll see if I can source an ex-race raceattack from keystone or TS. I think the tyre is fine, but I would be right pissed if I go all the way down, only to not be allowed on track, so I'm just making absolutely sure :eek:

HDTboy
17th October 2007, 15:48
For the sake of a day's entertainment, get a used race tyre from Two Smoker. It's not just the tread depth, but also the number of heat cycles a tyre has done which have a big bearing on the bike's handling.

I'm guessing that tyre's pretty square too?

Drew
17th October 2007, 15:49
Nope, it wont last the day, Taupo eats treaded tyres, particularly on a thou. Can I suggest you try a Metzeler sporttech M3, they are a fantastic tyre, and they'll last longer. My gixxer ate a conti sport attack in two weeks, the M3 was heaps better, and stuck just as well.

QMOTO
17th October 2007, 15:50
Well dude, amybe it will be okay maybe it wont, who knows, looks okayish to me but it dont look good if its wet the edges are to burred over, Mte if in doubt get a new one and have a good day as opposed to having a bad one if your tyre issue turns to shite

FROSTY
17th October 2007, 18:34
NO it wont do --save yaself the hassle--If TScan supply one trackside Just turn upearly and fit it upthere N then

R6_kid
17th October 2007, 18:47
ride smooth on the throttle and you might have a chance, but we all know you're a squid so i'd say you'll be wanting a new tyre.

Gremlin
17th October 2007, 21:56
NO it wont do --save yaself the hassle--If TScan supply one trackside Just turn upearly and fit it upthere N then
cheers guys just the info I was after, I'll get a raceattack off our resident used tyre supplier :2thumbsup

I'm guessing that tyre's pretty square too?
not too bad... don't use it much around town... thank goodness

Cr1MiNaL
27th October 2007, 09:22
Squiids ftw.