PDA

View Full Version : My ZXR all set up for the next kb trackday at taupo

skidMark
17th October 2007, 19:55
Well the kb taupo trackday is coming up and it's gunna be my first trackday, eager but nervous also....

here some piccys

just bought some dunlop gpr a 10 sp race tyres for her

and did an oil and filter change with some fuchs silkolene 10 - 40

and i got a rear paddock stand too,

oh and a quick lick of spraycan paint just for the trackday lol...at least now with it all the same colour the NSR 250 tail on it looks awesome and looks like it belongs there :D

i reckon she looks alright

what u lot reckon eh
<!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

rudolph
17th October 2007, 20:00
do you have to ride all the way there and back?

NSR-Dan
17th October 2007, 20:03
Nice.........................

skidMark
17th October 2007, 20:03
do you have to ride all the way there and back?

lol disqualified so gotta sort out a lift down somehow.

Brett
17th October 2007, 20:07
lol disqualified so gotta sort out a lift down somehow.

Working on it...should now if I got A spot soon though.

skidMark
17th October 2007, 20:08
Working on it...should now if I got A spot soon though.

sweet sweet bro :D

Sketchy_Racer
17th October 2007, 20:14
Lookin sweet Mark.

This is what you should have done before you lost your licence.. twice..

Anywho. Have fun and give it shit!!

Tickler
17th October 2007, 20:15
that looks nice!
If only i didnt have exams on i would be keen as mustard to be there!

Dont know if you noticed, but umm... your front wheel is on the wrong way i.e the tread direction is the wrong way. I could be wrong though.

Or you could say its a custom cut slick! haha

skidMark
17th October 2007, 20:16
lol nah shes on the right way haha

but now uve got me worried so ima go double check LOL

edit:as i suspected both front and rear are correct lol

Brett
17th October 2007, 20:20
that looks nice!

Dont know if you noticed, but umm... your front wheel is on the wrong way i.e the tread direction is the wrong way. I could be wrong though.

I think he may be right mark...check it out. As long as it isn't wet you should be sweet though...

skidMark
17th October 2007, 20:22
they are both correct but it's weird cus the front and rear tread are facing different ways....but the arrows are both pointing the correct way...go figure!

Sketchy_Racer
17th October 2007, 20:26
Quite normal.

The forces of the front and back wheel work in reverse.

Tickler
17th October 2007, 20:31
Huh interesting.

just wondering mark... could you take some before and after pics of your tyres.

It would be interesting to see the amount of tyre wear on the 'most sh*t stuck to blanket' tyre you can get on a ZXR.

Oh the only thing i assume is that you dont come back with chicken strips!:dodge:

skidMark
17th October 2007, 20:45
Huh interesting.

just wondering mark... could you take some before and after pics of your tyres.

It would be interesting to see the amount of tyre wear on the 'most sh*t stuck to blanket' tyre you can get on a ZXR.

Oh the only thing i assume is that you dont come back with chicken strips!:dodge:

if theres chicken strips there wont be pics LOL....

yeah will take some pics and measurements when i can be arsed.....taupo will shred em a bit i think....

Sketchy_Racer
17th October 2007, 20:51
You'd be suprised on little bikes where the tyres aren't having to deal with large amount of HP they seem to last pretty well on taupos 'smooth' surface. Thats just my observation from the 125GP anywho..

Manfeild however turns the slicks into a mess on the 125!!

skidMark
17th October 2007, 21:30
You'd be suprised on little bikes where the tyres aren't having to deal with large amount of HP they seem to last pretty well on taupos 'smooth' surface. Thats just my observation from the 125GP anywho..

Manfeild however turns the slicks into a mess on the 125!!

ahh well i guess i will find out, hoping i wont have to fork out another 450 for another set anytime soon

quallman1234
17th October 2007, 21:38
Looks nice!
You planning on racing it next year as well or something?

Have fun man! :calm:

LilSel
17th October 2007, 21:42
Looks good dude :) :rockon:

skidMark
17th October 2007, 21:48
Looks nice!
You planning on racing it next year as well or something?

Have fun man! :calm:

i'm tempted too but will see how the trackday goes, i'm not exactly a good enough rider to be racing yet....

but will go on the track and have a bit of fun, but as i say i'm not that great a rider to be racing....

guess i will find out once i'm on the track....

because on the road 120-130 through any 65 no worrys , but i'm told track is completely different to road so i guess i shall see....

SM

mynameis
17th October 2007, 23:17
Good on you Mark, smart move. You'll have loads of fun and learn things that you haven't in the past about the ZXR 250 although you have owned a few now. But track time will teach you some new things about the bike and yourself.

Good move have fun, don't take out anyone. And I think if you race streetstock you will be fine but trackdays a good starting point. Take pics and stick em up ere when ya can!

skidMark
17th October 2007, 23:45
bit hard to take pics when i'm riding lol.....
hopefully the trackday photography guys will be there and i can buy some shots....

mynameis
18th October 2007, 00:07
bit hard to take pics when i'm riding lol.....
hopefully the trackday photography guys will be there and i can buy some shots....

Get someone/ya mates who are in other groups to take them and you take their pics when they are riding.

:yawn: Past ya bed time little boy?

skidMark
18th October 2007, 00:18
Get someone/ya mates who are in other groups to take them and you take their pics when they are riding.

:yawn: Past ya bed time little boy?

whenever ive done that i get given shit photos LOL

nobody i know can use a bloodey camera properly.... lol

past my bedtime pffft whatever.....

boostin
18th October 2007, 06:41
How much were the GPRa10s and where did you get them from?

MSTRS
18th October 2007, 07:51
that looks nice!

I think he may be right mark...check it out. As long as it isn't wet you should be sweet though...

Quite normal.

The forces of the front and back wheel work in reverse.

Those tyres are fitted the correct way round.
Occassionally on smaller cc race bikes a front is fitted to the rear (am told it helps with tip in/transition) but they must be fitted with the direction arrow pointing the 'wrong' way.

skidMark
18th October 2007, 13:07
How much were the GPRa10s and where did you get them from?

Mt eden motorcycles.

$450 for a set fitted.

montsta56
18th October 2007, 14:20
Mate you'll love those GPR@10's done a couple of trackday's on mine now an there seriously good rubber, I've found there wearing quite well, except mine have gone blue??.... Enjoy

skidMark
18th October 2007, 14:29
Mate you'll love those GPR@10's done a couple of trackday's on mine now an there seriously good rubber, I've found there wearing quite well, except mine have gone blue??.... Enjoy

i think they go blue if your getting em too hot...pass lol check with a racer...i'm but a mere n00b:P lol

1vanvan1
19th October 2007, 18:04
Those GPR@10s are fucking good tyres.

HAd them on my VTR before i sold it and boy oh boy, THey stuck to teh road like shit to paper. Highly recommemed.

By the way, your bike looks quite nice.

FROSTY
19th October 2007, 18:38
RULE 65/10 emmand 7--(in the fine print) any green zxr250's fitted with GPR10's willbe excluded from entering the track

sunhuntin
19th October 2007, 20:46
mark... are you gonna be at the one in frosty's sig? [the 28th?] if so, since the fates have worked well for me, i may ride up. its a toss up between getting laid, and coming to meet the biggest idiot kb has ever seen :first: [p/t]

will see what happens.

skidMark
19th October 2007, 20:49
mark... are you gonna be at the one in frosty's sig? [the 28th?] if so, since the fates have worked well for me, i may ride up. its a toss up between getting laid, and coming to meet the biggest idiot kb has ever seen :first: [p/t]

will see what happens.

at the rate things are going all my money and effort will goto waste as frosty might not let me on the track.....

skidMark
19th October 2007, 22:32
Nice bike bro, bet it does mean wheelies.

rela mature u fuckwit surely you have better things to do with your time.

ZeroIndex
19th October 2007, 22:34

dude, that is funny... I bet when Sidewinder sees that he'll wish he had thought of it :p

Drew
19th October 2007, 22:38
i think they go blue if your getting em too hot...pass lol check with a racer...i'm but a mere n00b:P lol

The blue is the oils coming to the surface from coming up to operating temp, nothing to worry about. An overheated tyre will do the same thing, but will look very different, all melted like. Just one racers opinion.

Luckylegs
19th October 2007, 22:39

maybe their unemployed and disqualified too.....

skidMark
21st October 2007, 13:11
took some new piccys....ooooo ahhhhh drooly :D

:2thumbsup:2thumbsup:2thumbsup

rwh
28th October 2007, 07:57
RULE 65/10 emmand 7--(in the fine print) any green zxr250's fitted with GPR10's willbe excluded from entering the track

Also this one surely:

You need to hold a current motorcycle road licence or race licence

Richard

Tickler
29th October 2007, 08:22
HHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jerry::je rry::jerry: