PDA

View Full Version : Saw my first Street Triple yesterday

HenryDorsetCase
21st October 2007, 21:48
Allegedly the first one in the South Island.

First impressions: nicely put together, good colour scheme (it was BLACK) and everything where it should be. Swung a leg over it and it is TINY. Sounded nice when started up and underseat twin mufflers could be derestricted a bit maybe.

Second impressions: $15k seems like bloody good value. Pillion accommodation looks pretty, um, basic and like a complete afterthought. Reviews I've read suggest that where they've saved money is in suspension but I will have to ride it to verify. Didnt notice what tyres it had on either.

I hope at that money they sell heaps of them: its a little bit dearer than its Japanese competition (ER6, SV650 Hornet 900 all say $11k) but not as expensive as its American and Italian competion (Buell Lightning, Aprilia all say $20k)

I've been invited to take it for a spin, an offer I shall accept possibly as early as next week.

Anybody got one/ridden one?

fredie
22nd October 2007, 05:10
yes they are very popular bikes . trummpy triples:scooter:

pritch
22nd October 2007, 16:46
yes they are very popular bikes . trummpy triples:scooter:

Ummm this is the Street Triple, little brother of the Speed Triple.

I've never seen one in the flesh but it got a good write-up in BIKE.

But then it would.:yes:

El Dopa
22nd October 2007, 19:18
Allegedly the first one in the South Island.

First impressions: nicely put together, good colour scheme (it was BLACK) and everything where it should be. Swung a leg over it and it is TINY. Sounded nice when started up and underseat twin mufflers could be derestricted a bit maybe.

Second impressions: $15k seems like bloody good value. Pillion accommodation looks pretty, um, basic and like a complete afterthought. Reviews I've read suggest that where they've saved money is in suspension but I will have to ride it to verify. Didnt notice what tyres it had on either.

I hope at that money they sell heaps of them: its a little bit dearer than its Japanese competition (ER6, SV650 Hornet 900 all say $11k) but not as expensive as its American and Italian competion (Buell Lightning, Aprilia all say $20k)

I've been invited to take it for a spin, an offer I shall accept possibly as early as next week.

Anybody got one/ridden one?

Dunno anyone that's bought one yet. Threadsworth of discussion here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1235550#post1235550) though,

I've been a bit put off by the 'bare bones' approach to the suspension and brakes. I'm sort of hoping that they release a deluxe model for '08/'09, with biffed-up suspension/brakes, like the Daytona's.

imdying
23rd October 2007, 15:03
Saw my first one in Nelson on Sunday... black it was... ugly little piece of crap too... but very compact, make a nice girls bike. Quite peculiar how ugly it was, given that the 675 was quite pretty.

Pussy
23rd October 2007, 20:07
New Plymouth Motorcycles has two of them, one black and one pearl green. The green one was being fitted with a full Arrow system and a colour matched belly pan. It is sold. Nice looking machine

HenryDorsetCase
24th October 2007, 08:44
Saw my first one in Nelson on Sunday... black it was... ugly little piece of crap too... but very compact, make a nice girls bike. Quite peculiar how ugly it was, given that the 675 was quite pretty.

good thing I ride like a girl then.....

imdying
24th October 2007, 09:00
If you buy one, kick those damn mufflers to the curb! They have got to die!

unhingedlizard
24th October 2007, 09:19
One parks in the same building htat I do. I like very much.